We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

Scotty Cameron Prototype Mallet Pics

Comments

• PrutPrut Miles City, Montana 710WRX Points: 120Members Posts: 710
    Rife Titan.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU  8631WRX Points: 2,226Members Posts: 8,631
    cameron seems to have lost it.....
    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 9*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MB Aldila RIP SLT Tour 115X Flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 52, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • mike_fbnmike_fbn  20WRX Points: 58Members Posts: 20
    I'd be curious to go back and look at the Taylormade Tour Spider thread when the first images went public. I think once could argue that putter changed the game. I've always been a newport/monterey guy, but I love the Tour Spider and I can't find anything that makes more putts. It took a lot to get used to looking at, but now its pure confidence. That said, the quality of the materials and how its manufactured leave a lot to be desired. Say what you want about Cameron, the quality and attention to detail are never compromised... whether you like the styling or not.

Now back to the regularly scheduled Cameron bashing!
    Posted:
  • DFS PFDDFS PFD  1270WRX Points: 464Members Posts: 1,270
    I bet he laughs knowing people will pay $2k+ for these.
    Posted:
    G410 LST  HZRDUS Smoke Hulk 6.5TX 60g 
    Epic Flash SZ 15* Tensei PW 80TX
    2-PW Ping Blueprint DG X7
    55* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    60* Hi-Toe Tour Issue S400
    TOULON Garage San Diego

• Rory4PresRory4Pres  1200WRX Points: 231Members Posts: 1,200
    mike_fbn wrote:

I'd be curious to go back and look at the Taylormade Tour Spider thread when the first images went public. I think once could argue that putter changed the game. I've always been a newport/monterey guy, but I love the Tour Spider and I can't find anything that makes more putts. It took a lot to get used to looking at, but now its pure confidence. That said, the quality of the materials and how its manufactured leave a lot to be desired. Say what you want about Cameron, the quality and attention to detail are never compromised... whether you like the styling or not.

Taylormade was the first to offer that style.... They offered a slant neck (and then plumber neck later), which played a huge part in it's popularity.

Scotty does a bad knock off and in the cheap typical bend neck option only.

The Futura line was always fun because Scotty would explore new ideas. The Futura X was crazy ugly and I loved it. But he's continuing to come out with double or single bend shafts to avoid producing plumber and slant necks and alum/SS combination heads when very clearly the market wants neck options and single material heads.

The Toulon Las Vegas is calling my name. That's a knock off I can stand behind.
    Posted:
  • nicholasriehlnicholasriehl Nick R. Hershey, PA 339WRX Points: 55Members Posts: 339
    I'll care if/when they ever offer anything in a left handed center shaft model
    Posted:
    PING G400 LST 10* --- HZRDUS Smoke Black 60-6.0
    PING G400 16.9* + 20.5* FW --- HZRDUS Smoke Black 70-6.0
    PING i210 4-UW --- Nippon Modus 120-S
    PING Eye2 Gorge SW + LW --- Nippon Modus 120-S
    Murdered Out TaylorMade Ghost Spider Center Shaft

Advertisement
  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway over 2424WRX Points: 361Members Posts: 2,424
    DFS PFD wrote:

I bet he laughs knowing people will pay $2k+ for these.

If any tour player is crazy enough to game one then they will make the tour issue models. Not sure if he's ever made a tour issue version of a club that never got played on tour.
    Posted:
  • born4golf77born4golf77  1388WRX Points: 140Members Posts: 1,388
    Guess I'm in the minority but I like em. Simple shape, not many distractions at address. Lots of options for different custom shop site lines/dots.
    Posted:
  • theboyslatertheboyslater  92WRX Points: 67Members Posts: 92

From Kevin Na's Caddies IG... I would like to see the playing position of the one without the silver wings.

This looks like a transformer! Maybe a putter in disguise?
    Posted:
  • jranderson110jranderson110  95WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 95
    Truly find these to be ugly as sin, and I'm a completely unashamed Scotty fanboy. That said, I am VERY excited about the lack of insert in these putters, maybe the blades will follow suit?
    Posted:
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK  4639WRX Points: 143Members Posts: 4,639

Truly find these to be ugly as sin, and I'm a completely unashamed Scotty fanboy. That said, I am VERY excited about the lack of insert in these putters, maybe the blades will follow suit?

The insert is there... it’s the whole face, then goes over the top for extra fugliness and cheapness.
    Posted:
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Advertisement
  • hoselshot82hoselshot82 Major Winner Wisconsin 818WRX Points: 130Members Posts: 818
    I used to be all in on Scotty. Circle T putters, bag, logo golf balls, divot tools, etc but then I woke up and thought how much money have I spent on “stuff” just because it had CT on it. Doesn’t make a ton of sense. No disrespect to any fan or collector. For me I didn’t see the point to pay 10x for product that wasn’t superior to other OEMs.
    Posted:
  • Thats two thus far ShooterThats two thus far Shooter  112WRX Points: 51Members Posts: 112
    My only hope is that a tariff war with China will jack the prices of aluminum up so much that Scotty is forced financially to mill solid stainless steel putters again.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5* 
    Mizuno ST190 TS 3 Wood 15* 
    Titleist 816 H2 21* 
    Titleist 712u 4i
    Mizuno MP 18 MB (5-P)
    Vokey SM7 50*-12F
    Vokey SM7 54*-10S
    Vokey SM7 58*-12D
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 35/350
    Pro V1x
  • HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22  506WRX Points: 172Members Posts: 506
    I love scotty putters generally but these are gross
    Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 8 deg - Fujikura Speeder Evolution I 757 TX
    Titleist TS3 14 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90x
    Titleist T200 4-5, T100 6-PW - Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black - 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.12 D - TT DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 1.5
  • kobes31kobes31 EFF  802WRX Points: 86Members Posts: 802
    I very much like that Nike Method Core Done 2.0 errr uh T-12.

But really I do like it.
    Posted:
  • Vardon GripVardon Grip  555WRX Points: 267Members Posts: 555
    Makes all of the older stuff that much more valuable. Thanks Scotty.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • EddyVNEddyVN  48WRX Points: 54Members Posts: 48
    SubaruWRX wrote:

Looks a lot like the old Yes! true Alignment putters.

haha was about to post the same! hideous
    Posted:
    Driver: G400 Max - Xtorsion
    FW: G400 Diamana D+ TX
    TM P790 UDI - KBS Proto X
    Titleist 718 CB - Accra 125i 
    Vokey SM7 50/54/58 Accra 125i
    Toulon Vegas Stroke Lab
  • 20six20six  572WRX Points: 104Members Posts: 572
    No. Period. Thank the golf gods we still have Piretti and Bettinardi.
    Posted:
  • DRRicksDRRicks  2444WRX Points: 20Banned Posts: 2,444
    I can’t remember a thread where every reply is negative. Well done SC Putter team.
    Posted:
  • calogecaloge  454WRX Points: 83Members Posts: 454
    to be fair to Scotty, his best designs are remixes. Give him a putter design will potential and he will turn it into the best looking version of itself. Give him a blank piece of paper and a pen, and, well, he has not produced much to write home about.
    Posted:
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524  4409WRX Points: 315ClubWRX Posts: 4,409

The insert is there... it’s the whole face, then goes over the top for extra fugliness and cheapness.

Haha, brilliant!!!! While anyone else is doing a milled piece of metal Scotty is going the other way and just making his putters completely out of insert now!! I think he has been misunderstanding the calls from the wild here.... go back the other way Scotty!!!
    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 10* Aldila Rogue Silver 70s
    Ping G400 14.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 70s
    Titleist 915h 21*   Aldila Rogue black 85s
    Bridgestone J15 CB X100 AMT SS1x
    Titleist SM5 50.12, SM6 58.12
    Taylormade Spider Tour red 34"
    Ping Hoofer Lite 
    Z-Star XV/Bridgestone BXS

Advertisement
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK  4639WRX Points: 143Members Posts: 4,639
    caloge wrote:

to be fair to Scotty, his best designs are remixes. Give him a putter design will potential and he will turn it into the best looking version of itself. Give him a blank piece of paper and a pen, and, well, he has not produced much to write home about.

Other than the wonderful Futura. Bask in its magnificence!

Posted:
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!
  • rkelso184rkelso184  289WRX Points: 146Members Posts: 289
    Looks so much like a TM spider OS
    Posted:
    Dr = Taylormade M6 ACCRA 2.0 360 M4
    3W = PXG Gen 2 0341X Fuji Pro 2.0 7s
    5W = PXG Gen 2 0341X Fuji Pro 2.0 7s
    4H = Mizuno CLK Fuji Pro Hy 76s
    5i-Pi = Mizuno HMP KBS C TAPER lite 120s
    52-56-60 = Taylormade MG2 DG S200
    Putter = Scotty Concept 02 Stability 
    Ball = Taylormade TP5

• Luke.SuttonLuke.Sutton  140WRX Points: 63ClubWRX Posts: 140
    Titleist needs to hire a new putter guy NOW. This old man is done...

Titleist really screwed up keeping Vokey/Dill and letting JP walk and I’m afraid the are doing the same here. Put a fork in Scotty and Titleist unless they get some young ideas in there.
    Posted:
  • tatertottatertot  4608WRX Points: 912Members Posts: 4,608

Titleist needs to hire a new putter guy NOW. This old man is done...

Titleist really screwed up keeping Vokey/Dill and letting JP walk and I'm afraid the are doing the same here. Put a fork in Scotty and Titleist unless they get some young ideas in there.

You're an idiot.
    Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Ping Mascot
  • Big BenBig Ben  9239WRX Points: 453Members Posts: 9,239
    mike_fbn wrote:

Agreed! You want a high quality mid to high MOI mallet here’s your chance. Looks one heck of a lot nicer than the same category from Odyssey or TM in my humble opinion.
    Posted:
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1

Advertisement
  • eldog-in-the-hizouseeldog-in-the-hizouse  964WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 964
    Big Ben wrote:

mike_fbn wrote:

Agreed! You want a high quality mid to high MOI mallet here's your chance. Looks one heck of a lot nicer than the same category from Odyssey or TM in my humble opinion.

I don't understand all the vitriol about these putters or Scotty Cameron in general. Almost any product anywhere has been copied to some degree. Is there a segment of the population who hates any car maker who designed and built a four door model except for whomever did it first? Do people hate paper towel companies that came after whomever did it first? The size and shape of these mallets look great to me. I like the black. The quality of the craftsmanship will be superior to the Spiders in every way. I can't and won't defend the price of his putters, or the Toulons that are over $400, but I do know that no one is forced to buy them.
    Posted:
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Freeport, Illinois 5836WRX Points: 1,102Members Posts: 5,836
    If you're looking for a mallet with high moi there are a ton of them a **** of a lot better looking than these things.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Ping Anser 17,20,23 Hybrids 
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping,54,58ES Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X
  • delmerdelmer  439WRX Points: 3ClubWRX Posts: 439 BST Banned
    I love the look of a good traditional putter so I was going to say that Scotty finally jumped the shark but he's jumped it about 10 times and just keeps on coming back and dominating.

It just proves that if you stamp Scotty Cameron on a hunk of ugly metal people will line up to pay $400 for it.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • MeanmachinemoeMeanmachinemoe  1406WRX Points: 133Members Posts: 1,406
    Lets' face some facts. If you play golf for a living and your financial life depends on getting the ball in the whole, I guarantee that you would use whatever worked the best no matter what it looks like. I truly believe that the casual golfer kinda feels the same way. They just want whatever makes them better. Hardcore guys like us are that way to a certain degree but also with various twists. For me, I want the best looking putter (in my eyes) that gets it in the hole but I have let ego get the best of me at times and have used putters based on name alone.

But, these in my estimation will only attract the hardcore Scotty guys but from what I've read here and elsewhere, even those guys are running for cover with these fugly sticks.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS1 9.5* Matrix Studio 74
    Titleist 818 H2 17* Tensei Blue 70
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei Blue 70
    Callaway Rogue 4-AW TT XP95 R300
    Titleist Vokey SM7 54.15 F Grind
    Titleist Vokey SM7 58.12 D Grind
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2018 Select Newport 2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.