Scotty Cameron Prototype Mallet Pics

123457»

Comments

• justwellsyjustwellsy Members Posts: 972 ✭✭
    The comments in this thread are hilarious. I'd still be interested in trying them to see how they feel. If I putt great with one of them there's nothing a little paint fill won't fix
    Taylormade M2 9.5 set to 7.5 (Matrix Ozik 70 X-Stiff)
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5 Deg X-stiff (Aldila Rogue Green)
    Mizuno MP-64 3-PW (DG X-100)
    Callaway MD2 50 deg
    Vokey SM4 54 Deg
    Callaway MD2 60 Deg
    Odyssey White Hot #7
    Ball: Apply for position
  • collindm1collindm1 Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    4 in play at Sony Open...and Keith Mitchell Rollin CX-02
  • stuart.f.cohenstuart.f.cohen Members Posts: 455 ✭✭
    Hopefully there are a few heads, then just these! Something round like the golo’s or the mb/cb
  • wesstlee18wesstlee18 Scotty Cameron and golf equipment expert Salt lake City, UtahMembers Posts: 283 ✭✭
    Everyone, and I mean everyone said this crap about the 2ball and it was one of the best selling putters ever.

Spider had a similar reaction, then DJ won a few and “it’s the best putter ever made!!!!”

I’m just glad that everybody realizes that the one putter fits all is a pipe dream.
    Cobra LTD Pro, 7°, Diamana White Board 73X
    Titleist 917 F3, 13.5°, 4th Gen. Diamana White Board 80X
    Titleist 816 H2, 19°, 3rd Gen. Diamana White Board hybrid, 90X
    Titleist 681, 3 - PW, Tour issue DG X100
    Titleist Vokey, SM6 56.10, S Grind, DG S400
    Titleist Vokey, SM 60.04, T Grind, Tour Issue DG S400
    Scotty Cameron, AOP Pro Platinum, Oval Track Newport 2
    WITB
    Instagram
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,444 ✭✭
    wesstlee18 wrote:

Everyone, and I mean everyone said this crap about the 2ball and it was one of the best selling putters ever.

Spider had a similar reaction, then DJ won a few and “it’s the best putter ever made!!!!”

I’m just glad that everybody realizes that the one putter fits all is a pipe dream.

Add in the fact that this is about Scotty Cameron and here ya go.

Although this is pretty much how every new release of his goes. He’s jumped the shark, lost it, best days are behind him, he’s done, Xerox strikes again, why no carbon, doesn’t care about retail...

Same ol same ol. If an ugly mallet line signals the beginning of the end for putter makers they’re would be too many left. He’ll be ok.
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,353 ✭✭
    I'd buy one (for $12 shipped). image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler T Rail 19*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    Maltby Tricept F1 6-GW
    Callaway Sure Out 56*
    Odyssey V-Line
  • MedsonMedson Members Posts: 2,310 ✭✭
    So he drew the inspiration from the unique rock on the top of Himalaya ...

Just kidding. Dude, just release a flow neck 5W, SOLD~~~
  • gabeebegabeebe Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
    Ranman wrote:

Maybe a little TM Spider influence in shape.

Copy Cats
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,256 ✭✭
    wesstlee18 wrote:

Yes, but they weren't selling their ugly putters for 1000's of dollars or whatever Circle T's sell for nowadays.
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,444 ✭✭
    lawsonman wrote:

wesstlee18 wrote:

Yes, but they weren't selling their ugly putters for 1000's of dollars or whatever Circle T's sell for nowadays.

If they could get thousands of dollars you better believe they would. A Spider or 2 Ball isn't priced lower than a Circle T because TM or Callaway is being nice.

Cameron gets that price because PEOPLE ACTUALLY PAY thousands of dollars for stuff with his name on it. Blows my mind what people actually pay for Cameron tour putters.
  • Rig14PortRig14Port Members Posts: 750 ✭✭
    Scotty1140 wrote:

lawsonman wrote:

wesstlee18 wrote:

Cameron gets that price because PEOPLE ACTUALLY PAY thousands of dollars for stuff with his name on it. Blows my mind what people actually pay for Cameron tour putters.

Cameron creates that demand by NOT offering to retail the stuff the guys on tour are using - i.e. fully milled SS or Carbon heads with minimal branding.

Until Toulon/Odyssey there haven't been many options for these high quality fully milled tour validated heads available to retail. I think 2019 Toulon line is going to dramatically eat into Cameron sales. Toulon is actually giving golfers what they are asking for. Long term, Toulon/Odyssey partnership could lead Cameron back to designing "no gimmick" putters as Acushnet isn't going to watch their market share walk away.
    Epic Flash SZ 9* HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.5
    TM '17 M2 Tour 15* HZRDUS Smoke 80 6.5
    TM 17' M1 Rescue 19* Aldila ATX Green 105 TX
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC 4-PW KBS Tour X
    Vokey SM7 Raw @ 51*, 55*, 59* KBS Tour Black Nickel
    Toulon Memphis H4
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,015 ClubWRX
    I don't know how they aren't already eating into Cameron's share... All I see on the course for the most part, are Odysseys. I couldn't get on the bandwagon for a long time but then I had to stop and ask why I would pay so much for another putter when an Odyssey can do the same thing, look good, and feel good... for less than $100. I think it's great that there are people out there who can drop a lot of coin on a Cameron, just because it is a Cameron, but it just seems really silly to me, and these new mallets are awful. I would have to agree with the flow neck 5... they would sell so many of those. I don't understand why he doesn't go back to basics and really offer what people want (regular people, who can't drop $5000 on a putter) instead of force-feeding us something that looks like a boy scout race car on a stick.
    Taylormade M2 2017 9.5* HZRDUS yellow 76 6.0 
    Cobra F9 14.5* Atmos blue 7s
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Bridgestone J15 CB Nippon Modus 120s  4-P
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • mrmikeacmrmikeac Members Posts: 370 ✭✭
    Tried one of these prototype mallets earlier today, after the first roll I was hooked, my garage door opened out of nowhere and my tv ended up recording the entire cooking network show programming from last Tuesday. Also ended up getting stuck in 1983, send help. This isn’t a putter.
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus, 10.5 Degrees set at 9.5, Weight Neutral, Tensei Orange 60 Gram Stiff
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, HZRDUS Smoke 70 Gram 6.0
    3 Hybrid: Ping G410 19 Degrees, Tensei Blue 80 Gram Stiff
    2 Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI, Project X HZDRUS Black 85g 6.0
    5-PW: Taylormade P760’s, Nippon Pro Modus Tour 120 Stiff
    50 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    54 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    58 Degree: TaylorMade Hi-Toe, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Putter: 34” Scotty Cameron Phantom X #8 
    Ball: Taylormade TP5