Puma PWRADAPT Leather vs Nike Tour Premiere

rtraudtrtraudt Members Posts: 1,776 ✭✭
Looking for a set of comfortable, spiked, waterproof all-white shoes to pick up for the season. Certainly like the looks of both (Puma are far more traditional in appearance) and have predominantly Puma and Nike shoes in my arsenal (all except for a couple Allen Edmonds pairs...), but unfortunately neither are available in stores nearby and was looking for feedback from folks who have used one or both of these styles. Price is certainly a factor, and one that is strongly in favor of the Pumas.
Callaway Epic SZ 11* ACCRA TZ6 
Callaway Epic Flash 17* Atmos Red Tour Spec 7
TM TP UDI 21* Nunchuk Xi
Adams MB2 Raw 4-P PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX4 52, 58 Nippon Modus 115
Byron Morgan 612
Sun Mountain 3.5/CaddyTek
Snell MTB Red

Comments

• noaces06noaces06 Members Posts: 385 ✭✭
    I know own 2 pairs of the Tour Premier and getting ready to add a 3rd - they are flat out, the most comfortable golf shoes I've ever worn. There is a topic already going on the Tour Premier, but most who've tried them seem to love them.

I was good ordering spot on my size, but others have said they needed to go up or down 1/2 size... I prefer to be on the more 'snug' side of things so spot on was good for me.

They are a bit expensive, but if you have more than one pair in your rotation (it sounds like you do) they'll last a good long while.
    Noaces' WITB...

Callaway Rogue 9* w/ Handcrafted HZRDUS Yellow (playing at 43.5)
    Cobra F8+ @ 13.5* w/ Fubuki J 70x
    Titleist 816 h2 23* w/ Diamana D+ 92x
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4i w/ DG X100
    Titleist 712 AP2 5 - PW w/ DG X100
    Vokey SM6 50/54/58
    Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
  • rtraudtrtraudt Members Posts: 1,776 ✭✭
    noaces06 wrote:

I know own 2 pairs of the Tour Premier and getting ready to add a 3rd - they are flat out, the most comfortable golf shoes I've ever worn. There is a topic already going on the Tour Premier, but most who've tried them seem to love them.

I was good ordering spot on my size, but others have said they needed to go up or down 1/2 size... I prefer to be on the more 'snug' side of things so spot on was good for me.

They are a bit expensive, but if you have more than one pair in your rotation (it sounds like you do) they'll last a good long while.

Ended up getting a pair of the Pumas and, at least at this point, couldn't be happier. Love the tennis shoe feel like my old TW13s but with the clean look of a leather golf shoe. I already replaced the insoles with the ones that I use in all my golf and work shoes, but the fit is fantastic. But in all likelihood given my history with shoes, I'll end up with a pair of the Tour Premieres this spring...
    Callaway Epic SZ 11* ACCRA TZ6 
    Callaway Epic Flash 17* Atmos Red Tour Spec 7
    TM TP UDI 21* Nunchuk Xi
    Adams MB2 Raw 4-P PX LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 52, 58 Nippon Modus 115
    Byron Morgan 612
    Sun Mountain 3.5/CaddyTek
    Snell MTB Red
  • sthompson42sthompson42 Texas42 Members Posts: 69 ✭✭
    I just got the Puma PWRADAPT Leather in grey. Very sharp looking shoes and very comfortable. I see wearing them in wetter and cooler conditions. I usually prefer totally spikeless but these are very good.
  • sthompson42sthompson42 Texas42 Members Posts: 69 ✭✭

I just got the Puma PWRADAPT Leather in grey. Very sharp looking shoes and very comfortable. I see wearing them in wetter and cooler conditions. I usually prefer totally spikeless but these are very good.

Just an update, cold here today 45 degrees and 20 mph winds. A little wet. These shoes performed. Great grip, a little warmth and very stable. Love the look too.