Clubcorp Courses around L.A.

I'm going to be staying at Hermosa beach next week for work while doing some surveying at the Torrance Refinery in LA.

I'm a clubcorp member so it appears my close options are Old Ranch and Braemar. But I read on another thread Braemar isn't that great. I could travel a little further south and try Aliso Viejo but is it worth it over Old Ranch?

Also wondering if Trump National is worth the $200ish price tag to play there since it's close by.

What other options are there for clubcorp or just a must play while I'm there?

Thanks.

Comments

• abergervtabergervt Members Posts: 205 ✭✭
    trump is a tight very tough course if you are a mid to high handicaper. Make sure you have lots of balls as anything more than 10-15 yards off the fairway is thick brush that you wont find your ball in. I am a 3-5 and was rusty and had to buy half dozen at the turn.
  •  bnr204 bnr204 Members Posts: 297 ✭✭
    http://www.clubcorp.com/Membership/Membership-in-Southern-California

i don't see old ranch on there, but im also not sure that's the full list because canyon crest out in riverside is a club corp track too i believe. if you can play old ranch, it'd be worth it. skip trump. coto de caza has 36 but you may struggle to get a TT from what i understand. braemear has 27, and 1 9 is distinctly weaker than the other 2. another track that's often created. i think if youre comparing old ranch vs aliso viejo and factoring in the commute, go w/ old ranch if you can truly get on.
  • Milez28Milez28 Members Posts: 427 ✭✭
    bnr204 wrote:

http://www.clubcorp....hern-California

i don't see old ranch on there, but im also not sure that's the full list because canyon crest out in riverside is a club corp track too i believe. if you can play old ranch, it'd be worth it. skip trump. coto de caza has 36 but you may struggle to get a TT from what i understand. braemear has 27, and 1 9 is distinctly weaker than the other 2. another track that's often created. i think if youre comparing old ranch vs aliso viejo and factoring in the commute, go w/ old ranch if you can truly get on.

If you click on "Find a Club" link on the left side of page it takes you to a map of all the clubs and Old Ranch showed as one. I'll call the hotline to confirm but sounds like that would be the my best bet as it's only 30 minutes from the hotel.
  • shadymgshadymg Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    man, thanks for this thread. i Live in LA but hadn't heard of ClubCorp before. it sounds amazing!! how perfect palm springs is 112 miles away from me ;-)