Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

2019 Club Cameron releases

Comments

• KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Scott Cali said:
    I got the Putting Disc as I collect them

Can you actually use the putting discs on a green to roll and "hole" putts? I mean, are the edges beveled so the ball will ramp up and roll into the disc?

I've always wondered this as they appear to have a raised edge that the ball would just bump off of rather than roll up, and into the "cup".

TIA!
    KTM

• MabyboiMabyboi Members Posts: 102 ✭✭✭

@pitcher33 said:

@Mabyboi said:

@CoolTrav said:

@Mabyboi said:
    Ordered it all, the putting disk doesn't match the rest of the set but im curious about the special edition head covers!

Right? It's like the disk was supposed to be released in June with the US Open headcover and they didn't get the shipment in time or something.

It definitely matches the US Open headcovers, maybe it didn't show up in time for release!

@Scottrj12 said:
    How many special edition head covers usually go out with a release? Any idea?

I would love to know this as well, fingers crossed!

I hear its 100 special edition covers that are sent out. by who knows!

Do you have to wait until you open the box to find out? Or are you notified ahead of time?

Its my first time ordering something that could be special edition 😬

• pitcher33pitcher33 Members Posts: 24 ✭✭

@Mabyboi said:

@pitcher33 said:

@Mabyboi said:

@CoolTrav said:

@Mabyboi said:
    Ordered it all, the putting disk doesn't match the rest of the set but im curious about the special edition head covers!

Right? It's like the disk was supposed to be released in June with the US Open headcover and they didn't get the shipment in time or something.

It definitely matches the US Open headcovers, maybe it didn't show up in time for release!

@Scottrj12 said:
    How many special edition head covers usually go out with a release? Any idea?

I would love to know this as well, fingers crossed!

I hear its 100 special edition covers that are sent out. by who knows!

Do you have to wait until you open the box to find out? Or are you notified ahead of time?

Its my first time ordering something that could be special edition 😬

From what I've seen is you have to wait till you open the box. If you get one let us know haha

• Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

special covers usually are very limited. last I heard was around the year - so for this year 2019 would be 19 special covers. that's what I've heard but never a solid answer.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • silvagolfsilvagolf Members Posts: 31 ✭✭

If the side of the cover didn’t say Boise I would have grabbed it but it did so I didn’t

• Scott CaliScott Cali Members Posts: 106 ✭✭✭
    edited Aug 20, 2019 4:33pm #517

@KaTooM said:

Can you actually use the putting discs on a green to roll and "hole" putts? I mean, are the edges beveled so the ball will ramp up and roll into the disc?

I've always wondered this as they appear to have a raised edge that the ball would just bump off of rather than roll up, and into the "cup".

TIA!
    KTM

The raised edge does stop the ball (unless you hit too hard), Bethpage doesnt have holes in the greens so I use it instead of a tee or my putter headcover, the disc basically does the same thing except its the shape of the cup. I have one I use that I keep clipped on my bag, but for the most part I collect them so most are unused.

• viperstudioviperstudio Members Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

i have a couple steel circle T putting disk, the rubber putting disk i used it as a coffee and drinks coaster :)

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
    TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
    TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
    TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
    TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
    TI Bullseye Tour Putter
    KSIG/PROv1x
  • KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Scott Cali said:

@KaTooM said:

TIA!
    KTM

The raised edge does stop the ball (unless you hit too hard), Bethpage doesnt have holes in the greens so I use it instead of a tee or my putter headcover, the disc basically does the same thing except its the shape of the cup. I have one I use that I keep clipped on my bag, but for the most part I collect them so most are unused.

Cool, cool...THANK YOU!

• GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@KaTooM said:

@GoGoErky said:
    Easy pass

Same! Had a few items in the cart but decided to pass all together!

This release every year is usually a pass for me unless the other items interest me. I have several tools already and don’t really collect them..same with the discs although I liked it. Just weird timing for it and not worth the shipping costs

• 976-Evil976-Evil Hacker Extraordinaire Members Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

BRING ON THE HALLOWEEN RELEASE

Callaway Rogue 9.0 -1* - HZRDUS Red - 62g 6.5
    TM M2 3W - 15* - Aldila 125 MST 60
    TM Rescue 2 - 16* - LM stiff
    Mizuno JPX900F - 4-GW - KBS T 120S
    Vokey SM5 - 56/60
    TM Ardmore 3

@976-Evil said:

I wonder how many releases he’s gonna do I’m October! Seems like he does a release then a couple days later there’s another cover!

• 976-Evil976-Evil Hacker Extraordinaire Members Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

@pitcher33 said:

@976-Evil said:

I wonder how many releases he’s gonna do I’m October! Seems like he does a release then a couple days later there’s another cover!

I don't remember there being two releases last year. Just that ugly azz mummy one.

Callaway Rogue 9.0 -1* - HZRDUS Red - 62g 6.5
    TM M2 3W - 15* - Aldila 125 MST 60
    TM Rescue 2 - 16* - LM stiff
    Mizuno JPX900F - 4-GW - KBS T 120S
    Vokey SM5 - 56/60
    TM Ardmore 3

• zzyzxx33zzyzxx33 Members Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@976-Evil said:

@pitcher33 said:

@976-Evil said:

I don't remember there being two releases last year. Just that ugly azz mummy one.

Las Vegas and Halloween.

@zzyzxx33 said:

@976-Evil said:

@pitcher33 said:

@976-Evil said:

Las Vegas and Halloween.

Vegas is November iirc

• HeckleHeckle Members Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Are the special edition headcovers just sent out in random?

• zzyzxx33zzyzxx33 Members Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@GoGoErky said:

@zzyzxx33 said:

@976-Evil said:

@pitcher33 said:

@976-Evil said:

Las Vegas and Halloween.

Vegas is November iirc

October 3rd-6th.
    https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/shriners-hospitals-for-children-open.html

@976-Evil said:

@pitcher33 said:

@976-Evil said:

@976-Evil said:

@pitcher33 said:

@976-Evil said:

I went back and searched the archives and it shows the dates he released covers. I swear two were within a week of each other in October. One Halloween and the other was Vegas but the PGA changed dates this year so who knows

@zzyzxx33 said:

@GoGoErky said:

@zzyzxx33 said:

@976-Evil said:

@pitcher33 said:

@976-Evil said:

Las Vegas and Halloween.

Vegas is November iirc

October 3rd-6th.

It moved this coming season. It used to be first week of November.

• Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Heckle said:
    Are the special edition headcovers just sent out in random?

totally random

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

@GoGoErky said:

@zzyzxx33 said:

@GoGoErky said:

@zzyzxx33 said:

@976-Evil said:

@pitcher33 said:

@976-Evil said:

Las Vegas and Halloween.

Vegas is November iirc

October 3rd-6th.

It moved this coming season. It used to be first week of November.

With is that first week of October that means we should get two releases in October...one for the Vegas tourney and one for Halloween!! I hope his designer steps up his game!!!!

• HeckleHeckle Members Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Sorry one more question, how often to do they release mallet covers with releases?

• simpy16simpy16 Members Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited Aug 21, 2019 5:24pm #533

how do i buy one of these covers? I get the cameron emails but do I have to buy the club cameron package to qualify? I NEED one of these headcovers in the worst way!! I live in Boise, going to the tournament Friday, and french fries are a very strong connection to my family!

Post edited by simpy16 on

Titleist TS3 8.5* PX EF T1000 65 S
    Taylormade M3 15* Tensei Blue 75 X
    Taylormade p790 (4-PW) Nippon 120 X flex
    Callway MD3 50*
    Taylormade Rac 56*
    Callaway MD3 60*
    Ping G2i Anser

edited Aug 21, 2019 5:24pm #534

duplicate post

Callway MD3 50*
    Taylormade Rac 56*
    Callaway MD3 60*
    Ping G2i Anser

edited Aug 21, 2019 5:22pm #535

duplicate post

Callway MD3 50*
    Taylormade Rac 56*
    Callaway MD3 60*
    Ping G2i Anser

edited Aug 21, 2019 5:22pm #536

Duplicate post

Callway MD3 50*
    Taylormade Rac 56*
    Callaway MD3 60*
    Ping G2i Anser

• jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX Posts: 640 ClubWRX

@Heckle said:
    Sorry one more question, how often to do they release mallet covers with releases?

It's pretty random... usually 1 or 2 releases a year with a mallet attached.

@simpy16 said:
    how do i buy one of these covers? I get the cameron emails but do I need to buy the club 19 package to qualify? I need one of these putter headcovers bad! I live in Boise, going to the tournament Friday. French Fries have a strong connection to my family.

Yes, in order to get first dibs at the release you need to be a member of Club Cameron... you'll have to check ebay or post a WTB at this point, they are sold out

WITB
    Driver: TS3 9.5 - 757
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • CoolTravCoolTrav Members Posts: 58 ✭✭

@simpy16 said:
    French Fries have a strong connection to my family.

This is my favorite thing anyone's ever said on this thread.

@CoolTrav said:

@simpy16 said:
    French Fries have a strong connection to my family.

This is my favorite thing anyone's ever said on this thread.

It sounds stupid but my families company invented the frozen french fry.

Callway MD3 50*
    Taylormade Rac 56*
    Callaway MD3 60*
    Ping G2i Anser

@jwhite86 said:

@Heckle said:

It's pretty random... usually 1 or 2 releases a year with a mallet attached.

@simpy16 said:
    how do i buy one of these covers? I get the cameron emails but do I need to buy the club 19 package to qualify? I need one of these putter headcovers bad! I live in Boise, going to the tournament Friday. French Fries have a strong connection to my family.

Yes, in order to get first dibs at the release you need to be a member of Club Cameron... you'll have to check ebay or post a WTB at this point, they are sold out

Thanks for the info, I thought I was in with the general email and was waiting for them to send something out. I will make a WTB post and check the bay. Already decided I am getting this in my head, just need to figure out how much to pay.

Callway MD3 50*
    Taylormade Rac 56*
    Callaway MD3 60*
    Ping G2i Anser

• CoolTravCoolTrav Members Posts: 58 ✭✭

@Heckle said:

All the headcovers can be found here: https://www.scottycameron.com/putter-headcover-archive/
    Mid-round, mid-square, mid-mallet...they're all different types of mallets, and they really only release a couple per year. Last year, 3 of the releases included some version of mallet.
    The black hot stamped release included all 3
    The St. Louis and British Open releases each had a mid-mallet and mid-round.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file