2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

New 2019 Bushnell Pro XE

steph_alex ·  
steph_alexsteph_alex  36WRX Points: 12Members Posts: 36
Apparently Bushnell is going to release a new rangefinder at the PGA show called the PRO XE which will factor in Altitude and Temperature.

"With the Pro XE, we take that adjusted distance one step further. The E is for elements - temperature and adjusted altitude have been factored into the “Play As” equation to give you the most accurate compensated distances ever."

Anyone with pictures or more infos?
Posted:

Comments

• swgolferswgolfer GoLow2  353WRX Points: 98Handicap: 3Members Posts: 353
    steph_alex wrote:

Apparently Bushnell is going to release a new rangefinder at the PGA show called the PRO XE which will factor in Altitude and Temperature.

"With the Pro XE, we take that adjusted distance one step further. The E is for elements - temperature and adjusted altitude have been factored into the “Play As” equation to give you the most accurate compensated distances ever."

I believe that would not be a conforming Laser and doubt they are releasing one with these features, where did you see this information?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tbowles411tbowles411  25533WRX Points: 688Handicap: GolfClubWRX Posts: 25,533
    We do a brisk business with Bushnell and I haven't heard anything like this. I'll be sure to stop by their booth and see what the deal is.
    Posted:
    G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
    G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
    Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
    PING Bruzer
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**

tbowles411 wrote:

We do a brisk business with Bushnell and I haven't heard anything like this. I'll be sure to stop by their booth and see what the deal is.
    From what I have heard they have nothing new for PGA.
    Posted:
  • steph_alexsteph_alex  36WRX Points: 12Members Posts: 36
    I looked to see if they were at the PGA show and saw this:

http://www.pgashow.com/en/Exhibitors/5181131/Bushnell-Golf

And they advertise as follow:

"Bushnell Golf is the #1 Rangefinder in Golf. 99% of PGA Tour players trust Bushnell’s patented Slope Technology. With the Pro XE, we take that adjusted distance one step further. The E is for elements - temperature and adjusted altitude have been factored into the “Play As” equation to give you the most accurate compensated distances ever."
    Posted:
  • Big BenBig Ben  9281WRX Points: 464Handicap: 5Members Posts: 9,281
    Leupold has had these features for years.
    Posted:
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
    steph_alex wrote:

I looked to see if they were at the PGA show and saw this:

http://www.pgashow.c...1/Bushnell-Golf

And they advertise as follow:

"Bushnell Golf is the #1 Rangefinder in Golf. 99% of PGA Tour players trust Bushnell’s patented Slope Technology. With the Pro XE, we take that adjusted distance one step further. The E is for elements - temperature and adjusted altitude have been factored into the “Play As” equation to give you the most accurate compensated distances ever."
    Well that pretty much says they will launch it!
    Posted:

Advertisement
    The X2 was released March 2016, so the timing for an update is right.

A lot of people, myself included, didn't want to pull the trigger on the X2 feeling there should be a new model coming up.
    Posted:
  • bitt03bitt03  353WRX Points: 83Members Posts: 353
    steph_alex wrote:

A lot of people, myself included, didn't want to pull the trigger on the X2 feeling there should be a new model coming up.

Exactly why I haven’t bought the x2 yet. Sign me up for the XE
    Posted:
    bitt03 wrote:

steph_alex wrote:

Exactly why I haven't bought the x2 yet. Sign me up for the XE

To be honest, the GPS hybrid is so so, the rest of their lineup doesn't feel like good built quality and the X2 is "old" and feels expensive for what it is.

Let's see what this is gonna be. I think there are a lot of expectations.
    Posted:
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***  31906WRX Points: 1,680Members Posts: 31,906
    Bushnell guy I know says the pros have been blown away by this new device. OP is spot on with some of the things he has reported..
    Posted:
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***  31906WRX Points: 1,680Members Posts: 31,906
    This will be the year I finally upgrade my ProX7. I cannot wait for this new model.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy  2102WRX Points: 146Members Posts: 2,102
    swgolfer wrote:

steph_alex wrote:

I believe that would not be a conforming Laser and doubt they are releasing one with these features, where did you see this information?

All they'd need to do is have a feature that allows you turn it off, similar to the sloped versions, right?
    Posted:

swgolfer wrote:

steph_alex wrote:

All they'd need to do is have a feature that allows you turn it off, similar to the sloped versions, right?

Exactly! That’s all this one will be too, flick of the switch...
    Posted:
    Hate to see where the retail is on this one, as I have mentioned before there is great technology at $199 or so from quality brands....the market for a $500+ plus unit is pretty slim..
    Posted:
    swgolfer wrote:

Hate to see where the retail is on this one, as I have mentioned before there is great technology at $199 or so from quality brands....the market for a $500+ plus unit is pretty slim..

I heard over $500 for this one. I’ll bite since I’m due for s new one this year anyways..
    Posted:
  • LaznastyLaznasty The Amazing Golf Ball Whacker Guy Valparaiso, Indiana 778WRX Points: 225Members Posts: 778

swgolfer wrote:

I heard over $500 for this one. I’ll bite since I’m due for s new one this year anyways..

Looks like my pro x7 picked a good time to stop working, I'm really pumped to see the XE!
    Posted:
    Ping G410+
    Callaway GBB Epic 5W 
    Titleist 910H
    Taylormade P790 4i-Aw
    EPON Tour Spin Wedge 54° 58°
    Lamb Crafted Camden

Advertisement
    Laznasty wrote:

swgolfer wrote:

Looks like my pro x7 picked a good time to stop working, I'm really pumped to see the XE!

Maybe they will send up the upgraded model, if you time your call to Bushnell customer service department just right...
    Posted:
  • LaznastyLaznasty The Amazing Golf Ball Whacker Guy Valparaiso, Indiana 778WRX Points: 225Members Posts: 778

Laznasty wrote:

swgolfer wrote:

Maybe they will send up the upgraded model, if you time your call to Bushnell customer service department just right...

I'm not gonna hold my breath on the full upgrade haha, hopefully they offer some sort of discount.
    Posted:
    Ping G410+
    Callaway GBB Epic 5W 
    Titleist 910H
    Taylormade P790 4i-Aw
    Lamb Crafted Camden
    Laznasty wrote:

Laznasty wrote:

swgolfer wrote:

I'm not gonna hold my breath on the full upgrade haha, hopefully they offer some sort of discount.
    X7 is back a ways and not sure that is under any kind of warranty but hopefully you catch someone there in a good mood!!
    Posted:
    Laznasty wrote:

Laznasty wrote:

swgolfer wrote:

Bushnell CS is really good about replacing defective devices. Give them a call.
    Posted:
    I am hearing a possible $599 for this new offering. Ouch...
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz  5739WRX Points: 249Handicap: +.6Members Posts: 5,739

swgolfer wrote:

steph_alex wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe that will be allowed in tournaments. You need something that an opponent or rules official can see your rangefinder is conforming, like the yellow face piece on the older ones.
    Posted:
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • cjyner97cjyner97  95WRX Points: 21Handicap: 5Members Posts: 95
    Seems like it would only be useful if you travel around a lot
    Posted:
    Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Ventus
    Epic Flash SZ 15* w/ evenflow black
    790 UDI 17* w/ hzrdus black
    919 JPX tour w/ $ taper
    MD4 50, 54, 58 w/ $ taper
    Spider X
    swizbeatz wrote:

swgolfer wrote:

steph_alex wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe that will be allowed in tournaments. You need something that an opponent or rules official can see your rangefinder is conforming, like the yellow face piece on the older ones.

That's correct. Maybe it'll have a tournament mode that disables the extra features to make it legal.
    Posted:
    Ping G410+
    Callaway GBB Epic 5W 
    Titleist 910H
    Taylormade P790 4i-Aw
    Lamb Crafted Camden
    Another High end laser that is great if your a traveling Tour Player and don't have to spend $500 or more.....interesting that Bushnell refuses to go in to the $200 to $250 Laser category....of course they know there is no going back once they go there so they continue to bring out High end Lasers.
    Posted:
  • bitt03bitt03  353WRX Points: 83Members Posts: 353
    Isn’t that what their older models are for?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy  2102WRX Points: 146Members Posts: 2,102
    swizbeatz wrote:

swgolfer wrote:

steph_alex wrote:

"With the Pro XE, we take that adjusted distance one step further. The E is for elements - temperature and adjusted altitude have been factored into the "Play As" equation to give you the most accurate compensated distances ever."

Exactly! That's all this one will be too, flick of the switch...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe that will be allowed in tournaments. You need something that an opponent or rules official can see your rangefinder is conforming, like the yellow face piece on the older ones.

It's visible
    Posted:
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz  5739WRX Points: 249Handicap: +.6Members Posts: 5,739

It's visible

Interesting. That’s not something my opponent will be able to see. I could easily flip that hidden behind my hand and flip it back. Will be curious to see how that’s dealt with.
    Posted:
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
    swizbeatz wrote:

It's visible

Interesting. That’s not something my opponent will be able to see. I could easily flip that hidden behind my hand and flip it back. Will be curious to see how that’s dealt with.

Golf is the game of honesty:)
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.