New 2019 Bushnell Pro XE

Apparently Bushnell is going to release a new rangefinder at the PGA show called the PRO XE which will factor in Altitude and Temperature.

"With the Pro XE, we take that adjusted distance one step further. The E is for elements - temperature and adjusted altitude have been factored into the “Play As” equation to give you the most accurate compensated distances ever."

Anyone with pictures or more infos?

Comments

• swgolferswgolfer GoLow2 Members Posts: 319 ✭✭
    steph_alex wrote:

Apparently Bushnell is going to release a new rangefinder at the PGA show called the PRO XE which will factor in Altitude and Temperature.

"With the Pro XE, we take that adjusted distance one step further. The E is for elements - temperature and adjusted altitude have been factored into the “Play As” equation to give you the most accurate compensated distances ever."

I believe that would not be a conforming Laser and doubt they are releasing one with these features, where did you see this information?
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,171 ✭✭
    We do a brisk business with Bushnell and I haven't heard anything like this. I'll be sure to stop by their booth and see what the deal is.
    G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 3 , 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 4-6 Hybrids - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 7-PW - Accra 70i
    Glide 2.0 54SS, 58 WS
    Glide 3.0 50, 55, 60 (Awaiting release)
    PING Bruzer
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**

tbowles411 wrote:

We do a brisk business with Bushnell and I haven't heard anything like this. I'll be sure to stop by their booth and see what the deal is.
    From what I have heard they have nothing new for PGA.
  • steph_alexsteph_alex Members Posts: 34 ✭✭
    I looked to see if they were at the PGA show and saw this:

http://www.pgashow.com/en/Exhibitors/5181131/Bushnell-Golf

And they advertise as follow:

"Bushnell Golf is the #1 Rangefinder in Golf. 99% of PGA Tour players trust Bushnell’s patented Slope Technology. With the Pro XE, we take that adjusted distance one step further. The E is for elements - temperature and adjusted altitude have been factored into the “Play As” equation to give you the most accurate compensated distances ever."
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,048 ✭✭
    Leupold has had these features for years.
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
    steph_alex wrote:

I looked to see if they were at the PGA show and saw this:

http://www.pgashow.c...1/Bushnell-Golf

And they advertise as follow:

"Bushnell Golf is the #1 Rangefinder in Golf. 99% of PGA Tour players trust Bushnell’s patented Slope Technology. With the Pro XE, we take that adjusted distance one step further. The E is for elements - temperature and adjusted altitude have been factored into the “Play As” equation to give you the most accurate compensated distances ever."
    Well that pretty much says they will launch it!
    The X2 was released March 2016, so the timing for an update is right.

A lot of people, myself included, didn't want to pull the trigger on the X2 feeling there should be a new model coming up.
  • bitt03bitt03 Members Posts: 345 ✭✭
    steph_alex wrote:

A lot of people, myself included, didn't want to pull the trigger on the X2 feeling there should be a new model coming up.

Exactly why I haven’t bought the x2 yet. Sign me up for the XE
    bitt03 wrote:

steph_alex wrote:

Exactly why I haven't bought the x2 yet. Sign me up for the XE

To be honest, the GPS hybrid is so so, the rest of their lineup doesn't feel like good built quality and the X2 is "old" and feels expensive for what it is.

Let's see what this is gonna be. I think there are a lot of expectations.
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,607 ✭✭
    Bushnell guy I know says the pros have been blown away by this new device. OP is spot on with some of the things he has reported..
    This will be the year I finally upgrade my ProX7. I cannot wait for this new model.
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,076 ✭✭
    swgolfer wrote:

steph_alex wrote:

I believe that would not be a conforming Laser and doubt they are releasing one with these features, where did you see this information?

All they'd need to do is have a feature that allows you turn it off, similar to the sloped versions, right?

swgolfer wrote:

steph_alex wrote:

All they'd need to do is have a feature that allows you turn it off, similar to the sloped versions, right?

Exactly! That’s all this one will be too, flick of the switch...
    Hate to see where the retail is on this one, as I have mentioned before there is great technology at $199 or so from quality brands....the market for a $500+ plus unit is pretty slim..
    swgolfer wrote:

Hate to see where the retail is on this one, as I have mentioned before there is great technology at $199 or so from quality brands....the market for a $500+ plus unit is pretty slim..

I heard over $500 for this one. I’ll bite since I’m due for s new one this year anyways..
  • LaznastyLaznasty Valparaiso, IndianaMembers Posts: 695 ✭✭

swgolfer wrote:

I heard over $500 for this one. I’ll bite since I’m due for s new one this year anyways..

Looks like my pro x7 picked a good time to stop working, I'm really pumped to see the XE!
    Ping G410+ 10.5°
    Ping G410 17.5°
    Taylormade P790 UDI
    Taylormade P790 (4-AW)
    EPON Tour Spin Wedge 54° & 58°
    Tyson Lamb Camden
    Laznasty wrote:

swgolfer wrote:

Looks like my pro x7 picked a good time to stop working, I'm really pumped to see the XE!

Maybe they will send up the upgraded model, if you time your call to Bushnell customer service department just right...

Laznasty wrote:

swgolfer wrote:

Maybe they will send up the upgraded model, if you time your call to Bushnell customer service department just right...

I'm not gonna hold my breath on the full upgrade haha, hopefully they offer some sort of discount.
    Ping G410+ 10.5°
    Ping G410 17.5°
    Taylormade P790 UDI
    Taylormade P790 (4-AW)
    Tyson Lamb Camden
    Laznasty wrote:

Laznasty wrote:

swgolfer wrote:

I'm not gonna hold my breath on the full upgrade haha, hopefully they offer some sort of discount.
    X7 is back a ways and not sure that is under any kind of warranty but hopefully you catch someone there in a good mood!!
    Laznasty wrote:

Laznasty wrote:

swgolfer wrote:

Bushnell CS is really good about replacing defective devices. Give them a call.
    I am hearing a possible $599 for this new offering. Ouch...
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,633 ✭✭

swgolfer wrote:

steph_alex wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe that will be allowed in tournaments. You need something that an opponent or rules official can see your rangefinder is conforming, like the yellow face piece on the older ones.
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • cjyner97cjyner97 Members Posts: 85 ✭✭
    Seems like it would only be useful if you travel around a lot
    Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ evenflow black
    Epic Flash SZ 15* w/ evenflow black
    790 UDI 17* w/ hzrdus black
    919 JPX tour w/ modus 105
    MD4 50, 54, 58 w/ DG 115
    TM Spider tour black
    swizbeatz wrote:

swgolfer wrote:

steph_alex wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe that will be allowed in tournaments. You need something that an opponent or rules official can see your rangefinder is conforming, like the yellow face piece on the older ones.

That's correct. Maybe it'll have a tournament mode that disables the extra features to make it legal.
    Ping G410+ 10.5°
    Ping G410 17.5°
    Taylormade P790 UDI
    Taylormade P790 (4-AW)
    Tyson Lamb Camden
    Another High end laser that is great if your a traveling Tour Player and don't have to spend $500 or more.....interesting that Bushnell refuses to go in to the $200 to $250 Laser category....of course they know there is no going back once they go there so they continue to bring out High end Lasers.
  • bitt03bitt03 Members Posts: 345 ✭✭
    Isn’t that what their older models are for?
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,076 ✭✭
    edited Jan 16, 2019 11:57pm #28
    swizbeatz wrote:

swgolfer wrote:

steph_alex wrote:

"With the Pro XE, we take that adjusted distance one step further. The E is for elements - temperature and adjusted altitude have been factored into the "Play As" equation to give you the most accurate compensated distances ever."

Exactly! That's all this one will be too, flick of the switch...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe that will be allowed in tournaments. You need something that an opponent or rules official can see your rangefinder is conforming, like the yellow face piece on the older ones.

It's visible
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,633 ✭✭

It's visible

Interesting. That’s not something my opponent will be able to see. I could easily flip that hidden behind my hand and flip it back. Will be curious to see how that’s dealt with.
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
    swizbeatz wrote:

It's visible

Interesting. That’s not something my opponent will be able to see. I could easily flip that hidden behind my hand and flip it back. Will be curious to see how that’s dealt with.

Golf is the game of honesty:)