upcoming launch monitors?

Any info on a Skytrak equivalent in the works?

I just don't see how its either a $500 Mevo / SC200 or a $2,000 Skytrak

With all this new tech, there has got to be someone looking to make a skytrak-esque product for the $500-1000 range that shows ball flight and dispersion on an ipad or such.

Comments

• arbeckarbeck SeattleMembers Posts: 391 ✭✭
    mgasparibc wrote:

Any info on a Skytrak equivalent in the works?

I just don't see how its either a $500 Mevo / SC200 or a $2,000 Skytrak

With all this new tech, there has got to be someone looking to make a skytrak-esque product for the $500-1000 range that shows ball flight and dispersion on an ipad or such.

My guess is that there are some patent issues. Between FlightScope, Trackman, and Foresight; there is a lot of IP for tracking the flight of a golf ball. It's probably hard to make a product without stepping on the IP of one or more of those companies. Those companies also can't make a product that's too capable at too low of a price point or they'll kill the market for their expensive systems.
    Ping Traverse
    King Cobra F7 10.5* w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Blue 60 set at 9.5*
    TEE E8 4W, 7W
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 5-SW w/ Veylix Alpina 873
    TEE CB PROs 60*
    Scotty Cameron Squareback
  • QwiklapQwiklap An aspiring hacker ... Members Posts: 588 ✭✭
    It's also a very small market out there looking for home/consumer level launch monitors.

I previously owned a Skytrak and now own a GC2+HMT -- both were great for the price points.

If someone comes up with a image based system that is as capable as Foresights, captures club data and is cheap ... I would be all in.

BTW -- the radar-based monitors (while potentially superior outdoors), I don't believe are as usable indoors due to the need to have a relatively long/deep hitting bays.
    Cobra F9 9* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange V2 60TX (44.5")
    Ping G400 3W Stretch @ 12.4* w/ Ping Tour 75X (43")
    Cobra F8+ 4-5W @ 16* w/ Stock NV Green S-flex (42")
    Cobra F7 2-3h @ 19* w/ VA Composites Raijin 84 hybrid four
    Srixon U65 23* w/ Matrix Black Tie HM3 Stiff
    Srixon Z565 6-PW & Z765 AW w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95 S-flex
    Callaway MD PM-Grind 56* & 60*
    Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2 Arm Lock
  • OttawapOttawap Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited Jan 10, 2019 1:17pm #4
  • sdrthedjsdrthedj Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    Ottawap wrote:

Sc300 coming soon? Looks good!!

. https://fccid.io/2AB...-Manual-4034574

Doesn't appear to measure spin.
  • CelerasCeleras Members Posts: 172 ✭✭
    PGA show is in a week. If anything new is coming soon you'll know then
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 10.5* PX Even Flow Black 75 6.0
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* PX Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
    Ping G400 Hybrid 19* Alta CB 70 Stiff
    Ping G400 5-UW AWT 2.0 Stiff, Green Dot
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 CB Wedge Set 56/60*
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 #7
    Callaway Fusion 14
  • Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Members Posts: 6,680 ✭✭
    Ottawap wrote:

It looks pretty good. Will need to see some info about accuracy. If under $500 I may bite. Has the right info I'm looking for.

Celeras wrote:

That's why I didn't pull the trigger on Skytrak and the $300 discount. Waiting to see if anything new is introduced. New SC300 is intriguing.
    If you're going to buy one if nothing new is introduced I would pull the trigger now. Skytrak has a 30 day return policy for full refund. You could grab the discount now and just return it if something new comes next week.

https://clubsg.skygolf.com/content/faq/skytrak/troubleshooting/6-6442-SKYTRAK_RETURNS_POLICY.html

Just a thought. I think the $300 discount expires tomorrow.
    Callaway Fusion 14
  • sdrthedjsdrthedj Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    edited Jan 17, 2019 11:11am #9

Ottawap wrote:

It looks pretty good. Will need to see some info about accuracy. If under $500 I may bite. Has the right info I'm looking for.

Celeras wrote:

That's why I didn't pull the trigger on Skytrak and the $300 discount. Waiting to see if anything new is introduced. New SC300 is intriguing.

Skytrak and SC300 aren't the same type of units. Skytrack measures the ball and allows you to play sim golf and use a virtual driving range, accurately gap clubs etc
  • Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Members Posts: 6,680 ✭✭
    sdrthedj wrote:

Ottawap wrote:

Celeras wrote:

Skytrak and SC300 aren't the same type of units. Skytrack measures the ball and allows you to play sim golf and use a virtual driving range, accurately gap clubs etc

I know the differences. There's no reason SC300 isn't an accurate way to gap clubs. Depending on the necessity of using dots with the SC300 to arrive at spin rate, there's not $1500 more worth of tech in it. Sim golf is a slight selling point, but the multiple second delay makes me not look into it for that use.
    edited Jan 17, 2019 11:24pm #11
    You are likely fooling yourself my man. SC200 was nothing more than a toy and radically inaccurate on mishits. It literally guessed metrics based on the club you entered into the device and nothing more (watch any review that flushes a 9 iron with a 5 iron entered into the SC200 and see how hilarious the readout is). The SC300, like the SC200, will probably not measure actual spin. There's a reason it's not in the readout, and why the manual specifies "Spin (only APP)".

We won't know how limited it is until its released, but it would be foolhardy to expect a huge jump prior to reviews coming out. You don't use these things to gap your clubs.
    Callaway Fusion 14
  • SkedaddleSkedaddle Members Posts: 232 ✭✭
    to be fair the es12 which like sc200 is effectively a ballspeed monitor, gives a pretty accurate estimate for irons. Even if you launch it higher than standard plug the variants into Flightscope optimiser and there’s immaterialdifference. I have a Flightscope and have compared versus es12. I agree for words it can be wildly different as launch and spin have much more of an effect than for irons