Rory Mcilroy has become a bad pressure player (There, we've said it)

123457»

Comments

• GolfjackGolfjack All about the rotation Members Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Gautama wrote:

bscinstnct wrote:

My thread clearly motivated him ; )

Now,

Summer of Rory!

Ok, pls close, mods.

You know, I actually think it's possible he was aware of it and it led to a little self reflection. I'm sure I'll get nailed for saying it, but honestly I did wonder on some level. I can't think of any reason why these guys wouldn't know when a thread with their name appears in the largest golf forum, and can't imagine they don't care at all what's being said. Not saying it's direct cause and effect, but I do think they probably read some of this stuff and it has to effect them on some level.

Waiting for the day when they thank GolfWRX for their win.
    TM M4 Driver 10.5
    TM M4 3 wood 16
    4H (22) Aeroburner TP
    Mizuno MP-15 4, 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
    Honma HP 1002

Alternate set:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9.5, Nike VR Pro 4-PW DG x100, Titleist AP2 712 DG x100 4-P, Callaway Jaws X Series CC Wedges 52 56 60, , Odyssey Arm Lock Putter, Gauge Design Eldik Putter with Superstroke Fatso 5
  • md1mmd1m Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bscinstnct wrote:

https://www.golfdige...ane-ryan-voices

"Tell me if this sounds familiar: Heading into the final round of the Sentry Tournament of Champions on Sunday, Rory McIlroy stood in second place, just three shots off the lead. He proceeded to shoot 72, which was the worst score of any player in the top 20 (of a 33-man field). Instead of winning, he slipped down the leader board, finishing in a disappointing tie for fourth.

Blur the specifics a little, and you could be talking about any number of recent events. The one that stands out, of course, is the 2018 Masters, when he shot a painful Sunday 74 in the final group to cede the tournament to Patrick Reed. But the list goes on: the Tour Championship, in which he stumbled in Tiger Woods’ shadow, again in the final group, to post a dismal 74; the BMW PGA Championship, where he shot an unimpressive 70 in the final group to finish second despite starting the day as co-leader; the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, playing (repeat after me) in the final group, and once more blundering his way around the course to fall to sixth and hand Justin Thomas a relatively stress-free victory.

Those are the most egregious examples, but they aren’t the only ones—there are plenty of other tournaments, from the Open Championship to the Dubai Desert Classic to the Dell Technologies Championship, where a good-to-great performance would have put him near victory, and where he could only muster the pedestrian. One of his best Sundays of the year came at the BMW Championship in September … unfortunately, that was because rain canceled play for the day. When the final round resumed on Monday, he stumbled in the last group, failing to erase a slim one-shot deficit as victory eluded him again. By my count, Rory has played in seven final pairings (or threesomes) in the past year, and he hasn’t captured even one of those titles."

"Or, since we live in the age of the conspiracy theory, is he cursed by his ex-fiancée, Caroline Wozniacki, who—long considered a choker herself—won the Australian Open in January 2018 to break a career-long grand slam drought at roughly the exact moment that Rory’s really ugly stretch began?"

Great post man. And every one of you jokers with a negative post about what is wrong with one of the worlds greatest golfers who posts the week before they win.
    Clubs are fluid
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 27,145 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    md1m wrote:

bscinstnct wrote:

[url="https://www.golfdigest.com/story/rory-mcilroy-has-become-a-bad-pressure-player-there-we-have-said-it-shane-ryan-voices"]https://www.golfdige...ane-ryan-voices[/url]

"Tell me if this sounds familiar: Heading into the final round of the Sentry Tournament of Champions on Sunday, Rory McIlroy stood in second place, just three shots off the lead. He proceeded to shoot 72, which was the worst score of any player in the top 20 (of a 33-man field). Instead of winning, he slipped down the leader board, finishing in a disappointing tie for fourth.

Blur the specifics a little, and you could be talking about any number of recent events. The one that stands out, of course, is the 2018 Masters, when he shot a painful Sunday 74 in the final group to cede the tournament to Patrick Reed. But the list goes on: the Tour Championship, in which he stumbled in Tiger Woods’ shadow, again in the final group, to post a dismal 74; the BMW PGA Championship, where he shot an unimpressive 70 in the final group to finish second despite starting the day as co-leader; the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, playing (repeat after me) in the final group, and once more blundering his way around the course to fall to sixth and hand Justin Thomas a relatively stress-free victory.

Those are the most egregious examples, but they aren’t the only ones—there are plenty of other tournaments, from the Open Championship to the Dubai Desert Classic to the Dell Technologies Championship, where a good-to-great performance would have put him near victory, and where he could only muster the pedestrian. One of his best Sundays of the year came at the BMW Championship in September … unfortunately, that was because rain canceled play for the day. When the final round resumed on Monday, he stumbled in the last group, failing to erase a slim one-shot deficit as victory eluded him again. By my count, Rory has played in seven final pairings (or threesomes) in the past year, and he hasn’t captured even one of those titles."

"Or, since we live in the age of the conspiracy theory, is he cursed by his ex-fiancée, Caroline Wozniacki, who—long considered a choker herself—won the Australian Open in January 2018 to break a career-long grand slam drought at roughly the exact moment that Rory’s really ugly stretch began?"

Great post man. And every one of you jokers with a negative post about what is wrong with one of the worlds greatest golfers who posts the week before they win.

See, now you jinxed him again.

Pray for rain ; )
  • PZeroPZero Members Posts: 11,528 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    bscinstnct wrote:

My thread clearly motivated him ; )

Now,

Summer of Rory!

Ok, pls close, mods.

He read it. Just confirmed it with him.
    R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
    Titleist 913F 15°
    TM R9 19°
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
    Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
    Studio Select Newport
  • 80sFredriksson80sFredriksson Members Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I clearly heard him saying thank you GolfWRX during his winning interview

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file