Where to get a head cover custom embroidered?

sm_wattssm_watts Members Posts: 656 ✭✭
I’m wanting to get a college logo put on a Cameron headcover as a gift for a friend of mine that just got hired as a coach of a college golf team. Anyone know of any place that will do it? I’ve checked with everyone locally and no one wants to touch it.
Taylormade M2 2016 10.5 w/UST ATTAS Elements, MK reg
Taylormade M2 2017 HL 16.5 w/UST ATTAS Elements, DK reg
TEE e8 22 & 25 hybrids/Recoil 460 F3
Bridgestone J40 DPC's/Recoil 95 F3
Snake Eyes 685BX 52*
Hogan TK 57*
TP Mills Sycamore...or Spaulding TPM VIII...or maybe the TP Mills Elite...or the TP Mills Softtail???

Comments

• wrbush31wrbush31 Members Posts: 1,337 ✭✭
    They don’t want to because it’s illegal. You have to get them special permission from the owner of the logo to be able to embroider it. Best you can is if you have a buddy in the business who would be able to setup an embroidery file and do it under the cover of darkness.

Probably not many people who would fess up to being able to do this for you in a public forum. Someone may PM you hopefully.
    WITB 2/3/16:
    Driver - Golf club
    3 & 5 Wood - Clubs
    Irons - More Golf clubs
    Wedges - Knives
    Putter - wrench
  • Frid_the_kidFrid_the_kid Life is Good Members Posts: 183 ✭✭
    Google search for a “iron on logo patch” of the college. Which college?
    G400LST 8.5*
    G400 13*
    Rapture V2 16*
    iblades
    Glide 2.0
    PLD Sedona
  • noaces06noaces06 Members Posts: 379 ✭✭
    Call or email the college and ask for permission. I did this with my alma mater ( Kansas) and they provided written authorization within minutes. As long as it’s a one-off and not for resale or profit they’re usually cool with it.
    Noaces' WITB...

Callaway Rogue 9* w/ Handcrafted HZRDUS Yellow (playing at 43.5)
    Cobra F8+ @ 13.5* w/ Fubuki J 70x
    Titleist 816 h2 23* w/ Diamana D+ 92x
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4i w/ DG X100
    Titleist 712 AP2 5 - PW w/ DG X100
    Vokey SM6 50/54/58
    Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
  • sm_wattssm_watts Members Posts: 656 ✭✭
    wrbush31 wrote:

They don't want to because it's illegal. You have to get them special permission from the owner of the logo to be able to embroider it. Best you can is if you have a buddy in the business who would be able to setup an embroidery file and do it under the cover of darkness.

Probably not many people who would fess up to being able to do this for you in a public forum. Someone may PM you hopefully.

I have permission, it was the athletics office that sent me the jpeg's and thought it sounded like a fun idea. My issue is finding someone with the proper equipment and setup. They all want at least six inches of room to stick it on their machine and be able to fit their hoop or whatever around it. When I show them a headcover with patches sewn on it or embroidery they saw it must have been done before it was all sewn together.

I may have found a solution- the guy at the kiosk in my local mall thinks he can get it done.
    Snake Eyes 685BX 52*
    Hogan TK 57*
    TP Mills Sycamore...or Spaulding TPM VIII...or maybe the TP Mills Elite...or the TP Mills Softtail???
  • swgolf12swgolf12 Members Posts: 917 ✭✭
    sm_watts wrote:

wrbush31 wrote:

They don't want to because it's illegal. You have to get them special permission from the owner of the logo to be able to embroider it. Best you can is if you have a buddy in the business who would be able to setup an embroidery file and do it under the cover of darkness.

I have permission, it was the athletics office that sent me the jpeg's and thought it sounded like a fun idea. My issue is finding someone with the proper equipment and setup. They all want at least six inches of room to stick it on their machine and be able to fit their hoop or whatever around it. When I show them a headcover with patches sewn on it or embroidery they saw it must have been done before it was all sewn together.

I may have found a solution- the guy at the kiosk in my local mall thinks he can get it done.

I believe they're right when they say that the embroidery is done before it's sewn together. They put the logo on the leather, and then make the leather into a headcover.
      • 16' M2 8.5* TPT 14 Proto
      • LTD 14.5* Matrix 8M2
      • Vapor Fly Pro 3
      • Titleist T-MB 4
      • VR Forged 5-9
      • SM5 46*
      • SSC Don White Grind 53/58
      • PM Grind 64
      • Studio Design 1.5 Circle T
  • sm_wattssm_watts Members Posts: 656 ✭✭
    If the mall guy can pull this off I'll post some pictures... next week. I don't want pictures falling into the wrong hands prematurely!
    Snake Eyes 685BX 52*
    Hogan TK 57*