New PXG wedges and putters?

I noticed on the PXG website under the "Clubs" tab they are referring to current putters and wedges as "Gen 1." My first thought would be "why would you call those Gen 1 if you're not going to have a Gen 2?" I also was watching the Ryan Moore WITB video: http://www.golfwrx.com/538558/witb-ryan-moore-shows-us-what-hes-gaming/ and right after the 14 minute mark he's talking about some putters that have not been released yet but he thought would be pretty soon. I also noticed he didn't have the head covers off the putters in his bag so I would think they must be mum about them right now. With the Operator putter they seem pretty maxed out on the high MOI end so maybe they are going to refresh some of the blade style putters? It also looks like, again according to the Moore video, we're going to see the new insert from the Darkness Operator in whatever new line is coming out. I really like the current wedges so hopefully if there is something new in the works they are going to do something in the non-milled with multiple bounce options as the single bounce for everyone seems like it would really hold them back in the market. I do imagine we are going to see some giant logos and a premium price. Even though they have priced the new drivers and fairway woods at a more competitive price-point, IMHO, the Gen 2 irons are overpriced.

Comments

• bradleyguyebradleyguye Lefty Boomers Posts: 866 ✭✭
    Here is a picture of Parsons using a new putter which looks like an Odyssey 1 Wide with interesting weights.. Supposedly a diamond face as well to mirror Evnroll technology.

I would hope they get released soon!

Link to new prototype..

• snagy2000snagy2000 Members Posts: 1,565 ✭✭
    I was told wedge prices will be reduced at some point in future. Didn't ask about putters because I own 20+ already.
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,480 ✭✭

Here is a picture of Parsons using a new putter which looks like an Odyssey 1 Wide with interesting weights.. Supposedly a diamond face as well to mirror Evnroll technology.

Link to new prototype..

Great find! As a fellow #1 Wide lover this one definitely has my interest. Putters are the only think I have never cared for from PXG.
    Maybe the putter Bob is holding is a wider version of the Brandon model?
    Any additional info on the proto putter Bobby P has here?
  • ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,605 ✭✭
    I dont know on the order Gen1 online today gave option to order the Sugar Daddy wedges in LH put in sumnary when showed $420 was ecstatic then in cart said $2400 talk about a kick in the ****.
  • cjrobertsoncjrobertson Members Posts: 28 ✭✭
    ssfranny wrote:

I dont know on the order Gen1 online today gave option to order the Sugar Daddy wedges in LH put in sumnary when showed $420 was ecstatic then in cart said $2400 talk about a kick in the ****.
    $2400 is waaaay to much. Way to not cave!

Link to new prototype..

https://www.instagra.../p/BnhCKU4gyct/

Great find! As a fellow #1 Wide lover this one definitely has my interest. Putters are the only think I have never cared for from PXG.

I second this, their putters have something special about them.
    ssfranny wrote:

Isn’t it crazy to think we consider a wedge for $420 a really good deal? Only us here on Wrx:)