Titleist TS Paint Issues

loomseyloomsey Members Posts: 448 ✭✭
Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with paint chipping on the new Titleist TS line? I got the TS2 for Christmas and after hitting 6 balls I went to adjust it and noticed 3 significant paint chips on the sole.
1.jpg 55.5K

Comments

• Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers Posts: 7,721 ✭✭
    Weird, we have had demos in our fit cart that have been bashed around, no issues?! Bet Titleist replaces it?! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    All Mizuno bag for this year.
    ST-190 Driver, 3/5 wood
    919F 4-pw Nippon 105R
    S18 50, 54, 60
    Spider X putter
    TP5(2018)

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly
  • loomseyloomsey Members Posts: 448 ✭✭
    Ya I am hoping so. My wife bought it for me from our home course pro shop and when I took it back they said it shouldn't be a problem to get it replaced. Just waiting to hear back from the Titleist rep about it.
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,898 ✭✭
    loomsey wrote:

Ya I am hoping so. My wife bought it for me from our home course pro shop and when I took it back they said it shouldn't be a problem to get it replaced. Just waiting to hear back from the Titleist rep about it.

How did you hit it??? I ask, because if you get it replaced, a different club, while with all specs being the same, should feel exactly the same - sadly, they never seem to.

I was always of the opinion that appearances mattered less than performance. YMMV
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • loomseyloomsey Members Posts: 448 ✭✭
    augustgolf wrote:

loomsey wrote:

How did you hit it??? I ask, because if you get it replaced, a different club, while with all specs being the same, should feel exactly the same - sadly, they never seem to.

I was always of the opinion that appearances mattered less than performance. YMMV

I literally hit 6 balls with it and then stopped once I saw the paint chips so I hadn't really established a 'relationship' with it yet haha
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,224 ✭✭
    loomsey wrote:

augustgolf wrote:

loomsey wrote:

I literally hit 6 balls with it and then stopped once I saw the paint chips so I hadn't really established a 'relationship' with it yet haha

Wow. Never seen that. Odd.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • jholzjholz Members Posts: 1,367 ✭✭
    For $500, I expect a durable paint job. Bummer! I would definitely be disappointed.
    Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
    Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
    Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
    Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
    5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
    Vokey Design 200 Series 52* Stock Wedge (?)
    Cleveland CG15 Oilcan 56* Stock Wedge
    Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
    Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize
  • BrockPSUBrockPSU Members Posts: 243 ✭✭
    I really hope this isn't a very common thing or Titleist is going to lose the hype they have around them before spring even hits. Have yet to hit mine, just got it off of a guy off here but this makes me nervous.
    TS3 10.5 AD DI 6x
    TS2 16.5 AD DI 8x
    716 T-MB 3 AD DI Hybrid 95x
    716 T-MB 4 Project x 6.5
    716 CB 5-6 Project x 6.5
    716 MB 7-PW Project x 6.5
    SM6 46 F Grind Project x 6.0(in rotation)
    SM7 50 F Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 L Grind Project x 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Tour Rat R&D Proto Concept 1
  • drscott266drscott266 Members Posts: 356 ✭✭
    Happened to me on a TM M1, back when they switched to their Mexico factory. I know it’s not Titleist exactly but they replaced no questions asked.
  • Christen_The_SloopChristen_The_Sloop Members Posts: 1,247 ✭✭
    loomsey wrote:

augustgolf wrote:

loomsey wrote:

6 balls is like 6 months here.
    D - Titleist 915 D3 Tour Ad MJ 6X
    15 - Titleist 915 FD Attas G7 6X
    18 - Royal Collection SFD X7 Speeder 757X
    22 - Mizuno CLK Daimana Thump 90X
    3-PW - Mizuno TN87 Modus3 120S
    54 - KM Miura
    60 - Ping Eye2 XG / Ping Eye2 BECU
  • LobberLobber Members Posts: 2,386 ✭✭
    No issues with mine and I’ve got close to 50 rounds on mine. Titliest will make it right.
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭
    edited Jan 12, 2019 6:38am #12
    Every now and then you see one like this. Maybe the head wasn’t cleaned properly before paint, etc. Just ring Titleist they will resolve the problem I’m sure. I’m so OCD that would drive me straight up the wall! BB
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers Posts: 2,626 ✭✭
    I've had my TS3 since first of September, no paint issues. I'm sure Titleist will take care of this. Probably a bad paint batch.
    My bag of hacking utensils;

Titleist TS3 9.5 PX Even Flow White 6.0(45")
    917F2 16.5* Diamana D+ 80 stiff
    816H1 19 & 23 Speeder 8.8 stiff
    Z585 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
    J15CB 4-PW Modus 120 stiff
    TM MG Bronze, 52*, 56* & 60* Modus Wedge 115
    Bobby Grace LFI 43"

• Yes the TS3 models we purchased down here in So Cal have had some chipping. In particular right where the face meets the crown, there is a sharp edge to it and needless to say will crack and start chipping. It happened to me and I took it back and they exchanged it. Then my buddy calls me a week later with the same issue on his and then it happened again to me again! I took it back and swapped it for the TS2 and noticed the finish on the paint did not have that sharp edge where the face meets the crown. Its been three months now and have had no problems. I let Titleist know and they denied having any reports on this but they were open to fix it. They have great customer service and I am sure they will help you out.