Biom Hybrid 2 Hydromax or Biom Hybrid 3 GTX?

jonsnowjonsnow GeorgiaMembers Posts: 1,271 ✭✭
In the market for shoes & know I want Ecco. Ideally I'd planned to get the Hybrid 2 in concrete/blue, but having a hard time finding it in my size. It's not on the US Ecco website in that color anymore, maybe the model is being phased out. I like the Hybrid 3 GTX in concrete/scarlet, but it's $200 & I really don't want to spend that much on golf shoes. For those of you who have tried them, does the Goretex make them worth the price? My wallet gets sticky if I move past $150 for a pair of golf shoes. Thanks!
WITB:
Titleist 910D3 9.5
Titleist 917F2 15
Titleist 910H 19
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
Vokey SM6 50,54,60
Cameron Newport 2
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Clubs are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination at any time...

Comments

• bellkenbellken Members Posts: 783 ✭✭
    If you are ok with White/Kiwi (blue), Biom Hybrid 3's can be found for a good price - rockbottomgolf with a decent selection of sizes.
  • WillyLWillyL Winnipeg, 🇨🇦 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Definitely worth it. I’ve owned all the biom hybrids, and the goretex model is the best.
    Nike Vapor Pro/ Vapor Flex 440 ADBB 6s
    Nike Vapor 3 wood Diamana S+
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
  • tleadertleader Members Posts: 547 ✭✭
    Love my Goretex models. Super soft and comfortable out of the box. Excellent wear, and I’ve experienced no staining.

Highly recommend them.
  • eradeleradel Members Posts: 1
    I just bought the white/kiwi (blue) from golfgalaxy.com yesterday for 50% off. After trying them on in store I knew I wanted them but I too did not want to spend $200
  • timsiegletimsiegle Addict Members Posts: 151 ✭✭
    I have 2 pairs of the BIOM Hybrid 2 GTX and 1 pair of the Hybrid 3 GTX and both are great. They definitely have a different fit between the two models. I have size 43 in both and toe box in the Hybrid 3's is roomier than the 2's.

For reference, I'm a size 10 in my other Nike golf shoes (Roshe and FI Premiere).

To answer your question though....I would go with gore-tex version over the hydromax.
    [font=georgia,serif]Callaway Great Big Bertha 10.5*
    Titleist 915F 16.5*
    Titleist 910H 20.5*
    [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping G Crossover #4[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping S55 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 Satin 50.08*
    [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Vokey SM6 F 54.14* [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping Glide 60* TS
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
    [/font]
  • Poor PosturePoor Posture Members Posts: 399 ✭✭
    I'd love another pair of Hybrid 2 GTXs, size 45, (went through 2 pair) but gave up searching. I bought a set of Hybrid 3 GTXs and they're a fine shoe too. Both keep your feet dry - I walk a lot of morning rounds where the dew soaks everything else.
    Bigmean, on 08 September 2015 - 07:21 PM, said: "I know it is really frowned upon here, but hitting the club somewhere near the middle is generally the greatest tech advancement you can put in your bag."

Titleist 917d2
    Titleist 917f 15*
    Taylormade V-steel 21* 7w
    4-P Mizuno MMC
    Edel 52*
    PXG 56*
    Byron dh89 raw