Project X Driver Shafts

nsxguynsxguy Just anudder userFloridaMembers Posts: 5,601 ✭✭
edited Jan 11, 2019 10:06pm in WRX Club Techs #1
So I've got a Hzrdus Black in my Callaway Fusion driver for about 18 months now and it's reallllllly good.

But the never ending search for "perfect" has me looking at other shafts and, given my Hzrdus is a Project X shaft,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I've always spun the ball too much even after I made quite a radical adjustment to the swing. I'm spinning it around 24-2500 right now but I'd like to get it down to 21-2200.

So I'm looking at the site and there are 5 other shafts, in addition to my "Black", that are described as "low-low" (launch & spin).

I have a smooth to aggressive tempo (I change it around sometimes actually).

I doubt I can demo them all so I guess I'd be picking one and buying the shaft and trying it out - Can anybody give a rundown on the difference between them ? Thanks.

https://www.pxshaft.com/

T1100

Evenflow White

Evenflow Black

Hzrdus Smoke

Hzrdus Yellow

Hzrdus Black

Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
Ping Glide Forged 56* DGS300
Cleveland RTX-3, 64 DGS300

Evnroll 1.2 (Today - always subject to change LOL)
Titleist AVX

Comments

• greenwavegolfergreenwavegolfer Members Posts: 137 ✭✭
    If you've already got a pretty tip-stiff shaft (low-low designation) I'm not sure what moving to a different one is really going to do for you. If the HZRDUS Black feels good to you and you're hitting well with it I wouldn't change it trying to drop a few hundred spin by doing so. What head are you using and what ball do you normally play? Those are generally better ways to affect driver spin than changing a shaft, especially if you're already playing something pretty stout. If you're not playing a lower spinning head I'd consider trying that, or potentially dropping down a degree or two in static loft (assuming that won't drop your launch too low).
    WITB:

Ping G400 LST 10º (Playing 9º) Accra TZ5 65 M4
    Titleist T-MB 2i (17º) Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X
    Srixon Z-785 3i/4i Nippon Modus Tour 120X
    Srixon Z-Forged 5i-PW Nippon Modus Tour 120X
    Titleist SM5 50º SM6 54º, 58º Dynamic Gold S200
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne
  • ago33ago33 Members Posts: 2,155 ✭✭
    I see you are playing a callaway fusion head. Thats a high spin head. I would take a look at the epic/rogue line if you want to stick with callaway.

Or the Ping line if you want something close to the fusion

Current Gamers

Cobra F9 Speedback 9.................................Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    TC Callaway X Hot 3 Deep 14.5...................Rombax P95 X
    Taylormade GAPR Mid 3..............................Recoil Utility 110F5
    Mizuno MP-18 FliHi 4,5................................AMT TI X100
    Mizuno MP-25 6-PW....................................AMT TI X100
    Callaway MD Forged 50, 56.........................AMT TI S400
    TI Taylormade Hi Toe 60.09..........................AMT TI S400
    Scotty Cameron 5.5M...................................Grip Master
  • gyro25gyro25 Members Posts: 154 ✭✭
    My current driver is 2017 m2 with hzrdus black 6.0, and I had much better numbers with a g400 max with xstiff kk shaft.. going to wait on price drop and give it a go

So as above said, it might be a change in driver head you need