Ping G410 Level of Excitement

JohnKHawkJohnKHawk Members Posts: 725 ✭✭
What is the level of excitement around here regarding the official reveal of the new Ping G410 line of clubs? I think they are the only major club manufacturer who hasn't openly revealed their new line of clubs.

I think we saw a peek at the new driver but not much else. Anyone excited to see what they will come out with?

Comments

• CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,Members Posts: 8,048 ✭✭
    Release date for irons photos?
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U (coming soon = G410)
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers Posts: 2,123 ✭✭
    I think PING had botched the release. Let people know what's coming and when. A lot of people have already laid down lots of money for 2019 equipment purchasing.

Sorry, but I dont want new irons/driver when season just starts.
    PING G410 9* PX Evenflow Black 75 6.0
    PING G410 LST 3w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 5w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 4-PW AWT 2 0 stiff
    PING Stealth Glide 2.0 50ss/54ss/58ss
    PING Sigam G Tyne
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,281 ✭✭
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1685424-g400-driver-replacement-in-january/

There’s 31 pages of excitement for you and it’s growing daily...
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • howellhandmadehowellhandmade Members Posts: 736 ✭✭
    Zero. Stocked up on fairway woods when G400 dropped, can't play Ping irons since they stopped making B weight heads. Happy with G400 max driver. Not buying a G410 anything, they can do whatever.
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,257 ✭✭
    Small increments mean even ping thinks this is a minor release.

• GhostwedgeGhostwedge Members Posts: 653 ✭✭
    Stopped by the GG saturday for Softspikes. Went and checked the Ping section, a few G400’s left, a few fairway woods left, NO G400Max left, was told they sold outof them before Christmas. Noticed a large hand written note on the door in the back leading to the stockroom, “ All employeeʻs will be here Monday Jan 21 at 9am for new Ping product training.”

Sounds like little more than a “minor release” to me.

• HedgehogHedgehog Members Posts: 341 ✭✭
    I think the fact that they wont be releasing the replacement for the LST & MAX has dropped the enthusiasm towards this release a significant step..

Based on rumors we wont be getting at least 2 things I am waiting for Ping to release, a cheaper price point and a carbon fiber crown.
    TM M4 D-Type 9,5 Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
    TM M6 15° AD DI 6x
    TM Rescue AD DI H 85x
    Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S
    RTX2.0 50°/54° RTX4 60°
    TM Spider X
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • LemondeLemonde Members Posts: 744 ✭✭
    I think the excitement is there but they must release something to retail before March 1. The 400 line is legendary now and has ping driver haters like me even thinking about drinking the new red coolaid.
    Driver - TM M5 Tour 435 10.5 Tensei Stock Orange X
    On Order - TM Original One Mini 13.5 Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
    Fairway - Ping G410 14.5 Evenflow Black 85 6.5 
    Hybrid - TM M6 19 Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
    Irons - W/S C300 Forged 5-GW KBS Tour V XStiff
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
    Putter - Rife Phenom.Z 34”
  • rt_chargerrt_charger Ball Hitter Members Posts: 132 ✭✭
    No interest whatsoever - I'm either getting an ST190 or a G400.
    "Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course - the distance between your ears." - Bobby Jones
  • DuellerDueller Members Posts: 73 ✭✭
    Based on how well the G400 range works Im not really too excited other than the lower prices on more potential G400 sticks to put in the bag. Unless the 410 range blows the 400's out of the water I dont think much can chnage my setup for years to come. Good luck beating the Max too.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 8.4*, VTS silver S
    Fairway 5: Ping G400 17*, VTS silver S
    Hybrid 4: Ping G400 22*, VTS silver S
    Irons 5-PW: Srixon Z765, Steelfiber i110cw
    Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3 50* & 54* MG Steelfiber i110cw, Callaway MD PM Grind 60* Steelfiber i125cw.
    Putter: Cleveland Mezzo counterbalanced
    Bag/ Buggy: Bagboy Hybrid Chiller/ Caddy Tek EZ Fold
    Ball: Z Star XV Tour Yellow
  • garagehackergaragehacker Members Posts: 32 ✭✭
    I can’t see the max being improved on but if they can then I’m interested
  • WoodersonWooderson Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    For me it's not just about the driver. I can't express enough how fantastic it's going to be if the G series of irons are released with similar offset to I series irons. It is a win win for amateur golfers of all levels to get the first iron since the Rapture J Spec with Ping forgiveness without the offset look.

It would be even better if they decided to make the G series a progressive set size wise. I would love a G iron gradually morphing to I series size in the 8-pw. I currently play G400 in 6/7 irons and I200 8-pw. It works, but the OCD in me can notice the drastic shift between 7 and 8. Shouldn't bother me but it does. The G700 allows for that to happen if they chose to.
    Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
    Ping G400 Max 9° Tour 65 Stiff
    Callaway Epic Flash 15°/18°
    Ping G410 22°
    Titleist 818 H1 25°
    G410 6-PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth GW/SW
    Ping Eye2 LW
    Piretti Potenza
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members Posts: 863 ✭✭
    SubaruWRX wrote:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1685424-g400-driver-replacement-in-january/

There’s 31 pages of excitement for you and it’s growing daily...

Looks like your redirect efforts were in vain.

Good effort though
    g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    f8 15* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
    black utility onelength 22.5*, 26* | steelfiber 110x
    forged onelength 6i | steelfiber 110x
    p730 7i-pw | steelfiber 110x
    hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | steelfiber 110x
    columbus
    jumbomax tour medium grips
  • gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,334 ✭✭
    Wooderson wrote:

For me it's not just about the driver. I can't express enough how fantastic it's going to be if the G series of irons are released with similar offset to I series irons. It is a win win for amateur golfers of all levels to get the first iron since the Rapture J Spec with Ping forgiveness without the offset look.

It would be even better if they decided to make the G series a progressive set size wise. I would love a G iron gradually morphing to I series size in the 8-pw. I currently play G400 in 6/7 irons and I200 8-pw. It works, but the OCD in me can notice the drastic shift between 7 and 8. Shouldn't bother me but it does. The G700 allows for that to happen if they chose to.

Since we are talking about Ping, I doubt that is going to happen.
    Boyhood, like measles, is one of those complaints which a man should catch young and have done with it, for when it comes in middle life it is apt to be serious. - P. G. Wodehouse
    Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.
  • WoodersonWooderson Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    gvogel wrote:

Wooderson wrote:

Since we are talking about Ping, I doubt that is going to happen.

It's been stated in the other thread that the offset will be i series like.
    Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
    Ping G400 Max 9° Tour 65 Stiff
    Callaway Epic Flash 15°/18°
    Ping G410 22°
    Titleist 818 H1 25°
    G410 6-PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth GW/SW
    Ping Eye2 LW
    Piretti Potenza
  • uggenjigmey407uggenjigmey407 Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited Jan 14, 2019 3:48pm #17
    For Ping loyal, like me, buy Ping. Unfortunately, the late release will hurt the company. People undecided will get more time to learn about other brands' club before Ping. It is bad marketing scheme. They tried to act like Apple, but Ping doesn't have fanbase as Apple.
  • ago33ago33 Members Posts: 2,155 ✭✭

For Ping loyal, like me, buy Ping. Unfortunately, the late release will hurt the company. People undecided will get more time to learn about other brands' club before Ping. It is bad marketing scheme. They tried to act like Apple, but Ping doesn't have fanbase as Apple.

From an advertising dollars to revenue stand point, ping is probably tops of all major manufactures.

And it’s winter.

Current Gamers

Cobra F9 Speedback 9.................................Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    TC Callaway X Hot 3 Deep 14.5...................Rombax P95 X
    Taylormade GAPR Mid 3..............................Recoil Utility 110F5
    Mizuno MP-18 FliHi 4,5................................AMT TI X100
    Mizuno MP-25 6-PW....................................AMT TI X100
    Callaway MD Forged 50, 56.........................AMT TI S400
    TI Taylormade Hi Toe 60.09..........................AMT TI S400
    Scotty Cameron 5.5M...................................Grip Master
  • mantanmantan Members Posts: 2,520 ✭✭
    It's exciting for me for my late 2020 golfing budget. I usually buy irons at the end of cycle when the new stuff is coming out.
    WITB (as of 3/28/19)
    PING G400 Max 10.5*
    PING G400 5-Wood
    PING G25 20* Hybrid
    PING G25 23* Hybrid
    Srixon Z565 5-AW
    PING Stealth ES Glide 54*
    PING Glide ES 58*
    PING Sigma 2 Fetch
    Callaway Chrome Soft TruVis
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭
    Such a solid release with the G400 line with woods and drivers. I couldn't care less about their irons. IBlade and Blueprint have my interest peaked but, never been a big fan of anything else.

It'll be hard to follow up such a high level of success.

But, am I excited? Nah. Not really. Because if Ping let's me down and if I actually wait for them to unveil whatever they're putting out, then there will be something else that most definitely fits my eye. The Cobra F9 is looking and sounding more and more possible each day. I have one more fitting to go to between that, ST190 and the M5 / 6. Epic Flash, Cortex, TS3 have been tried and passed on. TS2 is nice but, doesn't beat my LST (sold it).
  • rmgatlrmgatl Members Posts: 206 ✭✭
    My G400 max driver, 3/5 woods aren't going anywhere.

If the g410 irons truly have (per speculation on another thread) a bit less offset and a bit more compact design (than g400) while still offering the usual "G" forgiveness, I'm interested.
  • gabeebegabeebe Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
    I can't contain my excitement foe the new G410. If this thing is better then the G400 max then look out. The max is so easy to hit already. Hard to improve on a club that in my opinion is 10/10 already!
  • gongshow!gongshow! Wheelin' & Dealin' Members Posts: 1,017 ✭✭
    I don't see how they could improve the G400 which is perfection for me. But I'm curious !
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping G400 10.5° - Tour 65
    Cobra Bio Cell 14.5° - Diamana 'ahina 70
    Ping G400 19° - Tour 85
    Ping G25 4 - PW
    Ping Glide 50SS - 54SS - 58ES
    Ping Anser Milled[/font]
  • JFM628JFM628 Members Posts: 104 ✭✭
    JohnKHawk wrote:

What is the level of excitement around here regarding the official reveal of the new Ping G410 line of clubs? I think they are the only major club manufacturer who hasn't openly revealed their new line of clubs.

I think we saw a peek at the new driver but not much else. Anyone excited to see what they will come out with?

I am definitely waiting for the releases. I have my 8 year old Mizuno JPX 800's and a 5 year old Cobra Fly Z still in the bag and overhauling bag this winter. I want to pull the trigger on the Max (although I will hit the F9) but not until I can hit the 410. I also have narrowed the irons to a 585/785 combo set and the i210's - but the prospect of the 410 irons with less offset is very intriguing to me.

So, yes...the release and ability to hit the 410 series is of high interest to me.

Agree with the bad marketing and poor release. I have already bought z785 irons. If G410 had less offset I would have perhaps been interested. But with ZERO pictures or information...what's a consumer to do? I want time to get comfortable with new sticks before I start league in April. That doesnt happen overnight...
    PING Sigam G Tyne
    Saw pictures today of G410 line up. Very good looking. 2 g410 irons. One looks like i500/g700 other has a cavity. Am told do have minimal offset. Not sure if the hollow g410 is just a hybrid/utility iron or not.
    PING Sigam G Tyne
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,117 ✭✭
    "Bad marketing and poor release" never phase me when it comes to companies. They don't ask our permission on when to release anything. The regional PING rep said the company kept a tight lid on any information. Any confirmed leaked information could have cost someone with their job.

That said, PING doesn't do marketing. They said so at the PGA Show. It's not a priority and want to simply design clubs and that's where their money goes and they make no apologies. They know it's going to sell. Last year they sold out a number of times. They failed to plan for the demand of the G400 MAX and the G700s and had to catch up. I did hear they are anticipating similar demand this time. That remains to be seen.
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
    I could have been in market for g410 irons. I am a long time ping player. For casual player their marketing strategy is probably not that big a deal.
    PING Sigam G Tyne
  • Green ValleyGreen Valley Members Posts: 770 ✭✭
    LaymanM wrote:

Saw pictures today of G410 line up. Very good looking. 2 g410 irons. One looks like i500/g700 other has a cavity. Am told do have minimal offset. Not sure if the hollow g410 is just a hybrid/utility iron or not.

There is two different models of the G410 irons?

LaymanM wrote:

Couldn't tell if it's two completely different models or just a utility/driving iron. But def picture of two g410s. One hollow construction and 1 cavity back
    PING Sigam G Tyne
  • BMuller23BMuller23 Members Posts: 234 ✭✭
    LaymanM wrote:

LaymanM wrote:

Couldn't tell if it's two completely different models or just a utility/driving iron. But def picture of two g410s. One hollow construction and 1 cavity back

One is the G410 crossover(hollow body) while the other is the g410 Iron (cavity)
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G400 Max 10.5* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G25 4W 16.5* Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G25 3H 20* Aldila VS Proto 85S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping iE1 4-UW Nippon Pro Modus 105S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM5 54* S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 60* D[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bettinardi BB0[/font]