PHOTOS: 2019 Fujikura Ventus and Speeder Shafts

2»

Comments

• MorryMorry Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    Krt22 wrote:

I’m the same speed, I didn’t need any tipping.

What about in a 3 wood?

Thanks
    Ping G400 10.5 - EvenFlow Blue 6.0 /
    Callaway Fusion 3W - Fuji Evo III S
    Srixon U65 18* - EvenFlow Blue 85 6.0
    Taylormade 790 4-P - Modus 105-S
    Cleveland RTX-4 52, 54, 56, 60 - Modus wedge 115,115,115,125
    Odyssey V-Line Fang O-Works - Stability Shaft 
    CS-X  / ProV1-X
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,504 ✭✭
    Morry wrote:

Krt22 wrote:

What about in a 3 wood?

Thanks

I don't have it in my 3W yet, but at first it will go straight in. Fujikura doesn't recommend tipping until 5W
  • DODGEMANIAC32123DODGEMANIAC32123 Members Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Has anyone had a chance to compare this to the tour black or blue? The tour black 6x was a good fit for me in the cobra f9 but could use a little more launch on average.
  • RobYakesRobYakes "You can talk to a fade but a hook won't listen" Washington, D.C.Members, ClubWRX Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited Feb 12, 2019 11:02am #35
    mjbaker80 wrote:

It's interesting that the chart you posted has the Evo I and Evo V at lower launch and spin than the Evo III when Fujikura's website chart has it the opposite. Now I'm all sorts of confused. I play the Evo II 661 in my driver and it is truly a unicorn shaft. Was going to replace my HZRDUS shafts in my fairways with the Evo III 757 but now I'm thinking I'll just put in Evo I's. Don't have the $$$ to upgrade to the Evo V's unfortunately.

M4 9.5* Speeder Evo II 661X // M4 15* HZRDUS Black 6.5 // M4 18* HZRDUS Red 6.5 // P790 Modus 120S //
    MILLED GRIND 50* & 54* Modus 115W // HI-TOE 60* Modus 115W // SPIDER TOUR RED 34" // TP5X
  • Fujikura GolfFujikura Golf Sponsors Posts: 254 ✭✭
    RobYakes wrote:

mjbaker80 wrote:

It's interesting that the chart you posted has the Evo I and Evo V at lower launch and spin than the Evo III when Fujikura's website chart has it the opposite. Now I'm all sorts of confused. I play the Evo II 661 in my driver and it is truly a unicorn shaft. Was going to replace my HZRDUS shafts in my fairways with the Evo III 757 but now I'm thinking I'll just put in Evo I's. Don't have the $$$ to upgrade to the Evo V's unfortunately.

Sorry for any confusion. The V launches similar but spins less than I and III. The V is significantly improved on the original Evo I however, carry yards, flatter flight, etc.

So the II and IV will still be your lower launch and spinning options.
  • YoYoJumboYoYoJumbo RaleighMembers Posts: 958 ✭✭
    Morry wrote:

YoYoJumbo wrote:

I've hit both of these. I currently game the Evo V, and a buddy of mine just put a Ventus in his F9.

Evo 757 V is extremely smooth. I am around 110ss but can top out at 114. The 757 handles it easily without losing it either way. When struck well it gives me beautiful little baby fades. The only thing that rivals the feel and performance was that Ventus.

If a new shaft is on your radar you owe it to yourself to try both of these. NO JOKE. Good job Fuji.

Any tipping on the evo 5 with that speed?

Krt22 wrote:

Morry wrote:

Krt22 wrote:

What about in a 3 wood?

Thanks

I don't have it in my 3W yet, but at first it will go straight in. Fujikura doesn't recommend tipping until 5W

Nope, no tipping. I like to go after it on a certain hole I play on my home course. I havent had any issues with it hooking/slicing etc. Feels great though. Only issue is that it is easy to hit a little too high but thats not a big thing in my book.
    Rogue SZ
    TS3
    M3 hybrid
    P760s
    Vokeys
    ER5B
  • jjnorris2jjnorris2 Members Posts: 108 ✭✭
    RobYakes wrote:

mjbaker80 wrote:

Sorry for any confusion. The V launches similar but spins less than I and III. The V is significantly improved on the original Evo I however, carry yards, flatter flight, etc.

So the II and IV will still be your lower launch and spinning options.

Dang it. I was fit for the V so I was thinking I could get the 1 since it was similar. Looks like I will be holding out now.
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members Posts: 11,670 ✭✭
    Hey Fuji,

What sort of behavior will the Ventus have in response to tipping? Would a 1/2" trip for a heavy head/Taylormade adapter stiffen the tip section up too much?
    M4 9.5°, Green Mamba 70TX
    Mizuno ST-180 16°, Atmos Blue 8x
    Mizuno CLK  19°, Recoil Hybrid 95
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Mizuno S18  50.07, 54.08 & 58.08
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• halfsumohalfsumo Members Posts: 656 ✭✭
    GooseHook wrote:

Hey Fuji,

What sort of behavior will the Ventus have in response to tipping? Would a 1/2" trip for a heavy head/Taylormade adapter stiffen the tip section up too much?

I think from what I've read that tipping it 1/2" would stiffen the whole shaft up by 1/2 flex but should have no affect on the bend profile.

Personally, without getting fit I'm looking at the 60 gram stiff and maybe getting it tipped 1/2" vs the 60 gram x flex straight in. I am almost alway in between stiff and x. I am also curious about your question since this is billed as a really stiff-tip profile, I am wondering if the X flex variants are just going to be too stiff for me. For me, I was fit for the Evo II 757 in Stiff, but would like to move down to 60 grams this year. I was also considering the ventus 70 Stiff and playing it a little shorter.....decisions, decisions.
    M5 9* Accra TZ5 M4
    TS3 15 Tensei Pro White 70tx
    818 H1 19 Tensei Pro White 90tx
    i500 4 iron, Steelfiber i95S
    Fourteen FH-900 5-PW Steelfiber i95S
    PING Glide stealth 50, 56 SM7 D 60
    PING Ketsch