PHOTOS: 2019 Mizuno ST190 Fairway Woods

2»

Comments

• moorebaseballmoorebaseball Members  555WRX Points: 75Posts: 555 Golden Tee
    These woods are looking special! How are the comparing to this years competition for everyone?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • VanillaRiceVanillaRice Members  48WRX Points: 43Handicap: 7Posts: 48 Bunkers

These woods are looking special! How are the comparing to this years competition for everyone?

I find that they are above average in comparison to other manufacturers. M5 is a great option too which was easy to launch and quite hot but not as good as the mizuno. I like the TS2 fairway a lot as well, only one left to try is the 410 lst. The flash sub zero wasnt quite as forgiving to me but the ball speed and distance is there and F9 was spinning way too much for me to get anything out of it.
    Posted:
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members  2506WRX Points: 267Posts: 2,506 Titanium Tees
    what's the head size of st190 and TS ? not even listed on Mizuno site.
    Posted:
  • starsail85starsail85 Members  4832WRX Points: 205Posts: 4,832 Titanium Tees
    They are big like most modern fairways eg taylormade ping etc
    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190G atmos 6s
    Mizuno MP18 2fh / PX 6.0
    Mizuno MP18 3-Pw/ PX 6.0
    Mizuno S18 5310+5812/PX 6.0
    Ping TR Anser 1966/ 34”

Ball - pro v1x
    Grips - Crossline cord

Lofts 18 , 21.5, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 53, 58
  • mpmz71mpmz71 Members  86WRX Points: 33Posts: 86 Fairways
    Is there a general rule for how a 3 wood shaft should be in relation to a driver shaft? I know they are different lengths so if I played say an Atmos TS Black 6S in a driver, would I need the same shaft in 3 wood or go up to 7S? It seems like a lot of people go up about 10 grams. I didn't know if that was preference or for a specific reason.
    Posted:
  • evoviiiyouevoviiiyou evoviiiyou Members  2013WRX Points: 163Posts: 2,013 Platinum Tees
    mrlongball wrote:

Still, noone has addressed the size issue/question that plagues us all....Is the tour spoon actually a different size/shape compared to the glued version or is the hosel the only difference? Need Mizuno NA to chime in on this one...

I think we are still waiting on the answer to this one. I believe from studying all of the photos it seems the TS is slightly smaller total head size...but could have been photo angles etc...

Where is Vosh these days to set the record?
    Posted:

Mizuno ST190 10.5/ Fuji Speeder TR 661S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno CLK 16/ Nippon Modus Tour 130S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno JPX FliHi 19/ Modus Tour 130S/ PURE Wrap WHT
    Mizuno JPX919F 4-9iron Nippon SPO S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno JPX919T PW Nippon SPO S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno S18 Wedge 51/08/ PXLZ 5.5/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno S18 Wedge 56/06/ PXLZ 5.5/ PURE Wrap WHT
    SeeMore M1B/ Satin Black Conti Golf/ Super Stroke Slim CC

Advertisement
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Members  6086WRX Points: 440Posts: 6,086 Titanium Tees
    evoviiiyou wrote:
    mrlongball wrote:

Still, noone has addressed the size issue/question that plagues us all....Is the tour spoon actually a different size/shape compared to the glued version or is the hosel the only difference? Need Mizuno NA to chime in on this one...

I think we are still waiting on the answer to this one. I believe from studying all of the photos it seems the TS is slightly smaller total head size...but could have been photo angles etc...

I spoke to a friend who works at Mizuno Golf Corporate and he confirmed the TS is slightly smaller but he wasn’t sure the exact CCs. He said he would check and get back to me with that number. He said it’s minimal.
    Posted:
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers  1048WRX Points: 267Handicap: 10.2Posts: 1,048 Platinum Tees
    Anyone know when Mizuno is going to update the shaft optimizer to include driver/fw shafts?
    Posted:
    WITB

Driver - ***under construction***
    3W - ***under construction***
    Irons - ***under construction***
    Wedges - ***under construction***
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
  • reider69reider69 Members  643WRX Points: 107Handicap: golfPosts: 643 Golden Tee
    evoviiiyou wrote:

mrlongball wrote:

Vosh is in his secret laboratory designing a club that will be so transcendent it will challenge our primitive understanding of golf equipment. This club will promote world peace and lower your handicap. God bless you Vosh.
    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 - Kuro Kage Silver Tini 70X
    Cobra BioCell+ - Matrix Ozik Red Tie 6Q3 X
    Cobra BioCell 3-4 Hybrid - Aldila Rogue Black 85 X
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-G, KBS C Taper Lite X
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 - 54 and 58 - Modus 105X
    Callaway Xforged - 64 degrees
    Lajosi DD201 Proto
  • starsail85starsail85 Members  4832WRX Points: 205Posts: 4,832 Titanium Tees

evoviiiyou wrote:
    mrlongball wrote:

I spoke to a friend who works at Mizuno Golf Corporate and he confirmed the TS is slightly smaller but he wasn’t sure the exact CCs. He said he would check and get back to me with that number. He said it’s minimal.

They look identical in size to me . Both large headed

I’m

Hoping the TS version of the Japanese misunderstood pro woods is more up my alley as a traditional fairway wood player
    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190G atmos 6s
    Mizuno MP18 2fh / PX 6.0
    Mizuno MP18 3-Pw/ PX 6.0
    Mizuno S18 5310+5812/PX 6.0
    Ping TR Anser 1966/ 34”

Ball - pro v1x
    Grips - Crossline cord

Lofts 18 , 21.5, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 53, 58
  • BigHook25BigHook25 Members  2337WRX Points: 131Posts: 2,337 Platinum Tees
    starsail85 wrote:

evoviiiyou wrote:
    mrlongball wrote:

I spoke to a friend who works at Mizuno Golf Corporate and he confirmed the TS is slightly smaller but he wasn't sure the exact CCs. He said he would check and get back to me with that number. He said it's minimal.

They look identical in size to me . Both large headed

I'm

Hoping the TS version of the Japanese misunderstood pro woods is more up my alley as a traditional fairway wood player

I looked at both right next to each other and the difference was very minimal. It isn't close to the difference of say the M5 or M6 or even the Cobra F9 and F9 tour. I bet the Mizuno fairway woods are within 10cc and maybe even 5cc of each other.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • DFDLTDFDLT Members  140WRX Points: 57Posts: 140 Fairways
    mBiden2 wrote:

Anyone know when Mizuno is going to update the shaft optimizer to include driver/fw shafts?

I saw in a YouTube video recently that they said with the new optimizer, they can also recommend wood shafts. Not sure which one it was but it was with one of the main Mizuno guys. My local pro has the new one but was told by his rep that they still had some bugs to work out so not to use it yet.
    Posted:
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers  1048WRX Points: 267Handicap: 10.2Posts: 1,048 Platinum Tees
    DFDLT wrote:
    mBiden2 wrote:

I saw in a YouTube video recently that they said with the new optimizer, they can also recommend wood shafts. Not sure which one it was but it was with one of the main Mizuno guys. My local pro has the new one but was told by his rep that they still had some bugs to work out so not to use it yet.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Posted:
    WITB

Driver - ***under construction***
    3W - ***under construction***
    Irons - ***under construction***
    Wedges - ***under construction***
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.