Best day of the year for the working/dad/golfer?

2»

Comments

• Well...DST is here! So many signs of spring are arriving at once. An extra hour of daylight starts tomorrow. Warming temps (apologies to the guys up north getting hammered right now), Spring training, March Madness, Golf after work, taking the cover off the grill, putting the guns away and getting fishing poles and golf clubs out. Already have plans to take my boys out for 9 holes after work on Monday and hopefully enough daylight to fire up the grill and play some baseball in the backyard. Hopefully it’ll be the same for the rest of you soon.
  • Rosco1216Rosco1216 Members Posts: 2,975 ✭✭
    Today is the the day! Happy holidays!
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release

https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
  • St JimmySt Jimmy Members Posts: 397 ✭✭
    530 pm and the sun is still bright!

If only it wasn't in the low 30's.
    Ping G400
    Ping G400 stretch 3
    Mizuno HM 4 iron bent to 19 degrees
    Miura CB-57 3-PW
    Miura Y Grind 51
    Miura K Grind 56
    Scotty Golo 3
  • BKN1964BKN1964 Members Posts: 955 ✭✭
    Sitting on the couch yesterday, watching the sun drop behind the houses, first weekday after the time change.

7:30 PM, temperature 50 degrees, realizing I could have easily played 9+ holes after work if I weren't recovering from abdominal surgery last week.

3-4 more weeks image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,625 ✭✭
    Great golf days for dads::

US Open Thursday leading into Father's Day weekend!

Masters Wednesday !

DST starting !

Day 1 of the Ryder Cup !

First day the home course and outdoor grass range open !

My girls are in university but having 4 vehicles for us in the summer time (April to August) was a critical key. No more chauffering duties made life a lot simpler (as posters said above)

Living through sim golf is not much fun. Supposed to be 11*C here in 48hrs so hopefully all the snow and ice go BYE BYE
    Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu TI BB Matte 53x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* Mitsu Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway V-series Hwood Fuji TS 8.2s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fujikura 904HBs
    Ping Rapture 5-PW Aldila NV MLTi Pro105x
    Ping iWedge 50* Aldila NV 105x
    Ping Glide SS 53* & ES 59* Wrx SF125s
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • clp34vmpclp34vmp Cancel that mead Posts: 230 ✭✭
    We get an oddball day off every year on a Friday in mid-March at my work. I always think of this as the official kick-off to my golf season. It's the perfect opportunity for me to get out and knock some of the rust off from the infrequent play of the winter. The last couple of years the weather has not been that great - temps in the upper 40's/low 50's with plenty of wind. I've still gone out and gotten in as many holes as I could. It's really a perfect set up: my wife's working, my daughter's at school, and the course is pretty much empty since most people are at work.This Friday is the day this year, and we're looking at upper 60's! Sometime in the next day or two my wife, who loves nothing more than to needle me about playing so much golf (her words), will undoubtedly make the same lame joke she makes every year where she casually suggests that she take the day off as well so we can do something together. I'll probably go with my typical response of, "nah, I'm good".
  • kyleluteskylelutes Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Masters Sunday can't be beat
2»