USPS taking longer to deliver than usual?

I've bought some golf stuff from ebay and all three packages were supposed to be arriving Monday.

All three from different sellers.

However, on USPS website, it says there is a delay and without specific delivery date on it.

Does anyone else experience with the same kind of delay from USPS?

Comments

• Payton1020Payton1020 Members Posts: 1,966 ✭✭
    Yes. Have had it happen several times since the beginning of the year.
    COBRA Fly Z, Fly Z+, LTD Black
    ADAMS Super S 15* & 18* Matrix HD Radix SVI
    CLEVELAND Gliderail 588 20.5* Kuro Kage 80IR
    CALLAWAY '14 Apex Forged 5-GW Recoil 680 F4

INNOVEX Type S GDT 50*, 54* Kuro Kage Black 80i
    ODYSSEY Tri-Ball SRT

OGIO Grom 14 way stand bag
  • nbg352nbg352 Members Posts: 8,320 ✭✭
    Your government is shut dow
    dgmusae wrote:

I've bought some golf stuff from ebay and all three packages were supposed to be arriving Monday.

However, on USPS website, it says there is a delay and without specific delivery date on it.

Your government is shut down.
    R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
    Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
    RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
    Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
    GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
    54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat
  • VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,046 ✭✭
    nbg352 wrote:

But the post office isn't.

OP, I've noticed several items of my own coming in behind schedule. Not all items, some come in just fine, but it seems items from farther away lag behind schedule more often. I feel like I remember this happening around this time last year too. Don't know why, but it almost feels like after the holiday rush USPS kind of exhales and slows down a bit. But there were also some big storms last week, and that always bogs things down.
  • ironmikesironmikes Members Posts: 1,428 ✭✭
    have seen this happen from time to time.

May have something to do with the storm coming through the next couple of days ?
  • cvvorstcvvorst ClubWRX Posts: 3,197 ClubWRX
    I had one package (purchased on golfwrx) that was delayed for 3-4 business days by USPS. I ordered another shaft 1/7, shipped on 1/8. It was last scanned on the 14th, but no movement since. It was supposed to arrive by the 11th.
    Ping G400 Max - Accra RPG 462 M5 or Accra TZ6 75 M5 or Diamana DF 60 TX
    Ping G400 Stretch - Diamana BF 80 TX
    PXG Gen 2 - 0311X 2 Iron HZRDUS 105 6.5
    PXG 0311X - 4 Iron HZRDUS Red 105 6.5
    PXG 0311T - 5 to PW - C Taper 130 X
    Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 RAW - 50F - 54S - 58 Links K
    Ping Ketsch TR - Bettinardi BB0 Texas Tea - Bettinardi QB9 - TP Mills Ming Anvil Flow Neck
  • Damenace613Damenace613 Sunny San DiegoClubWRX Posts: 610 ClubWRX
    I guess it depends on the locations. Some of the items (including this week) were a day early while an item that I shipped out has been delayed at least a day or so. Not sure if this is a trend but I haven't noticed anything abnormal of the shipping times related to USPS.
    TaylorMade M2 2016 Fujikura Ventus (Testing)
    TaylorMade M1 2017 3HL
    Cobra F6 Baffler
    TaylorMade RSi2 B Version 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120
    TaylorMade PSi AW C-Taper 105
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 54*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 60*
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

• cbbaroncbbaron Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭
    Something called weather bad in a lot of parts of country
    Driver Ping G400 Max Hzrdas Yellow
    3w Titleist 915 Aldila Silver
    19 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    22 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    5- GW. Mizuno Hot Metal Pro Series Nippon Modus 120
    Sw Vokey 54 SM7 S grind
    LW Vokey 58 SM5 S grind
    Putter Scotty Cameron Newport Select Fastback 2
  • dgmusaedgmusae Members Posts: 245
    Ok... so I guess this is normal for now. Just bit frustrated. Thanks guys.
  • wilymowilymo GAMembers Posts: 240 ✭✭
    edited Jan 18, 2019 2:48pm #10
    Yes I’ve had several packages delayed. I’ve been sending a lot of stuff via UPS lately because of it.

Sent a guy a shaft that was 20 miles away and it took 4-5 full days was stuck in transit for awhile. Had irons coming from across the country (LA to ATL) and they got to me in 2 days. Go figure.
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,196 ✭✭
    nbg352 wrote:

Your government is shut dow
    dgmusae wrote:

The post office isn't an actual government entity.
  • pierso2pierso2 Shooters Shoot Members Posts: 2,605 ✭✭
    USPS really has been slow recently for me too. First it was the holidays, then its bad weather and more federal holidays. So that's probably the hangup. Its almost to the point where I'll pay extra to go with UPS. They're a bit better but nobody is ideal. At least their customer service is better and their tracking seems to be much better.
    Option 1
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
    Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
    Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
    Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
    Adams MB2 GW
    Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
    Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
    Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
    Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
    16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
    Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
    Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
    Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2
    I'm still waiting for a shaft that was supposed to be here on 1/4... still on the way
  • dhacker56dhacker56 Lefty Boomers Posts: 792 ✭✭
    What does tracking tell you?
  • ORTORT Members Posts: 122 ✭✭
    I've had the same issue. Ordered a shaft earlier this week, got scanned in California and hasn't moved since. USPS is the worst shipping choice IMO.
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,891 ✭✭
    wilymo wrote:
    Yes I’ve had several packages delayed. I’ve been sending a lot of stuff via UPS lately because of it.

Sent a guy a shaft that was 20 miles away and it took 4-5 full days was stuck in transit for awhile. Had irons coming from across the country (LA to ATL) and they got to me in 2 days. Go figure.

I think I might have asked to meet halfway for peace of mind, but that's just me
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
    dhacker56 wrote:

"In Transit to Next Facility. Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 300 ✭✭
    edited Jan 18, 2019 5:34pm #18
    dgmusae wrote:

dhacker56 wrote:

"In Transit to Next Facility. Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

I had/have this exact same problem. Putter sent from Ohio to PA via Priority Mail on Monday morning. Expected to arrive Wednesday. Tracking didn't budge after the package left the Ohio post office on Monday morning, absolutely no updates other than the "In Transit" message.

Just this afternoon the tracking updated to "Received at PA regional facility". So it took 4/5 days to travel a couple hundred miles.

I mailed a package from PA to CA by USPS Priority on Monday afternoon that arrived at the buyer's door in CA on Wednesday afternoon. So... figure that out.

Incidentally I learned through this process that it is nearly impossible to speak to a live human at USPS. Their automated phone tree is nearly impenetrable (do NOT give a tracking number), and when you finally are put through to customer service, the wait times are hilarious. I was quoted an hour and a half once. No call back option.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood
    Callaway Great Big Bertha Heavenwood
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • mcgeec79mcgeec79 mcgeec79 Members Posts: 177
    Yeah I mailed a golf bag to someone from Charlotte to Ohio on January 7 via Parcel Select. Said it would arrive on January 14.. it’s been sitting in Pittsburgh for 7 days. I called that hub and they said it will probably be another week. Said they were prepping for the winter storm and that is delaying stuff. Over two weeks to be delivered. I know Parcel Select sucks but dang this is awful.
  • Bimmer1Bimmer1 Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭
    Every set of shaft pulls I have ordered were shipped priority mail and took a week to be delivered. I’m in TN and one set came from Northern Georgia and the other from N.C. Two bordering states.
  • Hacker541Hacker541 Members Posts: 54 ✭✭
    I’ve got the same issue with a putter that left Florida a week ago on its way to me in North Carolina. Supposed to be here this past Monday so I’ve got my fingers crossed it’ll only be a week late. I talked to my postman this afternoon about it and he told me we can thank amazon for the delays that all amazon packages take precedent and whatever is left on the fringes gets took care of when there’s room.
  • mupepperboymupepperboy Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    We live in FL and shipped an item the distance that you could drive in 90 minutes. The package ended up going through New York per the tracking site and took 8 days get to us...
  • onetime19onetime19 Members Posts: 1,107 ✭✭
    I bought a wedge Monday with guaranteed delivery today, coming from Connecticut to Texas, tracking hasn't updated since the 15th. Oh well, here is what tracking has said for three days
    • Jan 15, 2019
    • 17:05pm
    • Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
    • BETHLEHEM, CT 06751
    Titleist TS3 8.5 GD AD BB 6S
    Titleist TS3 15 GD AD BB 7S
    Titleist 818 H2 GD AD DI 85X
    Titleist AP3 4-P AMT Black S300
    Tileist Vokey SM7 F 5012 SM7 S 5810
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    Titleist Pro V1X
  • dhacker56dhacker56 Lefty Boomers Posts: 792 ✭✭
    onetime19 wrote:

I bought a wedge Monday with guaranteed delivery today, coming from Connecticut to Texas, tracking hasn't updated since the 15th. Oh well, here is what tracking has said for three days
    • Jan 15, 2019
    • 17:05pm
    • Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
    • BETHLEHEM, CT 06751

The message means the package has NOT been taken to the USPS for delivery yet. Contact your seller!
  • TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Posts: 1,445 ClubWRX
    Going through this right now... sold a shaft, printed label on the 9th.. Went to the post office on my lunch hour. The line was about 8 people deep so I just dropped it in the box at the window... 5 days pass, it’s scanned in finally. Another 3 days pass, it’s finally out for delivery... Did I mention I paid for 2 day priority...
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
  • lil'mikelil'mike Members Posts: 1,264 ✭✭
    Yes they are getting worse and late on deliveries! Not sure why but Priority that should take two days, took four days!
  • Payton1020Payton1020 Members Posts: 1,966 ✭✭
    Traded for a putter Thursday, coming from Chattanooga to just North of Cincinnati, delivered this morning.
    COBRA Fly Z, Fly Z+, LTD Black
    ADAMS Super S 15* & 18* Matrix HD Radix SVI
    CLEVELAND Gliderail 588 20.5* Kuro Kage 80IR
    CALLAWAY '14 Apex Forged 5-GW Recoil 680 F4

INNOVEX Type S GDT 50*, 54* Kuro Kage Black 80i
    ODYSSEY Tri-Ball SRT

OGIO Grom 14 way stand bag
  • SBH9458SBH9458 Go Army! Beat Navy! Members Posts: 893 ✭✭
    I have had several items in January delayed by a few days (not all WRX related). No real external reason for it, as weather wasn’t bad en route. Seems to be the norm rather than the exception right now.
  • Go_Blue!Go_Blue! HAIL! Members Posts: 1,512 ✭✭
    Just bought some stuff on here and one item was delayed a day due to weather issues I believe. No big deal really. Just need to be patient.
    8.5* TM M1 w/ Rogue Silver X
    15* TM M1 w/ Rogue Silver X
    19* Bridgestone J36
    4-PW Srixon Z745 w/ TTDG X100
    52.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.10 S Titleist SM6
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • sui generissui generis Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭
    dgmusae wrote:

I've had as many things arrive a day or two early as I've had late deliveries.
    Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play a round of competitive golf.
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 300 ✭✭
    Ugh, a club I sold on eBay, going a grand total of 130 miles from PA to WV, is now stuck in the "In transit to the next facility" status.

Hopefully the buyer doesn't put this on me.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood
    Callaway Great Big Bertha Heavenwood
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip