Too cold?

2»

Comments

• marmooskapaulmarmooskapaul Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭
    Yes...that's too cold to golf. You need a winter hobby...I suggest ice fishing!
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members Posts: 4,076 ✭✭
    Pennsauken was open. No one was playing. I walked around the parking lot a little and decided it was too windy to make it enjoyable. Went to the nearby Dicks and hit a few balls. Going to go home and paint a golf course picture.
  • JoelsimJoelsim Members Posts: 915 ✭✭
    I’d play in that. As long as I have the right clothing, which isn’t difficult these days.
    Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Stiff Ping Tour 65
    TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver 13.5 Regular Diamana F Ltd
    Titleist 818 H1 19 and 23 Hybrids Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
    Ping G410 SW Regular Alta
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X and 64 S
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3
    Bettinardi BB39
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line
    Odyssey Exo 7s
    Cleveland Huntington Beach #10
    JuCad X300
  • howellhandmadehowellhandmade Members Posts: 754 ✭✭
    Joelsim wrote:

I’d play in that. As long as I have the right clothing, which isn’t difficult these days.

I have a battery-powered heated vest that makes just about any temperature tolerable without thick layers. So long as I walk. I'm still boggling at a course being open, though. I may believe that I'd wear my electric vest and long johns and play in 16F and wind, but I don't have to prove it because the courses around here won't give me the chance. Once the ground freezes it's like a long-term frost delay until the thaw.
  • Johnny_FairwayJohnny_Fairway South Jersey (Philly Burbs)Members Posts: 554 ✭✭
    LeoLeo99 wrote:

Pennsauken was open. No one was playing. I walked around the parking lot a little and decided it was too windy to make it enjoyable. Went to the nearby Dicks and hit a few balls. Going to go home and paint a golf course picture.

Yeah, it was brutal out. I'll play in just about anything, but windchill below 0° F is just too much. Pennsauken driving range (I believe it's called Camden County Golf Academy officially) has a nice simulator if you ever get the itch in these conditions.
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,043 ✭✭
    edited Jan 21, 2019 6:59pm #37
    We use cart covers, blankets and Coleman heaters, two for each cart. We can literally play through a storm. Actually we have! No temp is really too cold assuming they let the crazies out 🤪. I will say this, you need to be extremely aware of soft tissue injuries. The cold will garantee a stiff back and some seriously achy joints. Tear something and it doesn’t seem so smart anymore. I still absolutely love ever second of it! Might be my favorite time to enjoy the course from an entirely different perspective.
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • PMACGolfPMACGolf Members Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Too cold ! �
  • 86020818602081 Members Posts: 1,907 ✭✭
    It's SNOW that's keeping me away... It sucks!!!!!
  • LeftDaddyLeftDaddy Members Posts: 745 ✭✭
    40 deg F is my magic number, as long as it isn’t also windy or wet. I’ve played in the 30s before and it just isn’t golf.
    Callaway 815 BBA DBD, Aldila Rogue Stiff
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Deep, 14.5, Aldila Tour Green stiff
    Callaway Apex MB UT 2 iron, Project X PXI 6.0
    Callaway 2013 X-forged (3-5), Project X PXI 6.0
    Callaway Apex MB (6-PW), KBS Tour V stiff
    Vokey SM5 54, Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Chrome 58, both with KBS Tour
    Bettinardi BB1
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members Posts: 1,030 ✭✭
    I played the other day in windy but sunny 40s. Certainly doable, but chilly for sure.

The distance reduction was real though.
    Cobra F9 10.5* Project X Evenflow Blue 65 - CAMO!
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members Posts: 4,076 ✭✭
    I played today. It was about 37°F and 15-20 mph winds. Had the course to myself. Only one person played the entire day. LOL. It was really wet so add in -3 inches of roll on every drive and the course played very long. Never hit so many 3 woods into par 4s. Hit driver on a par 3 into the wind and still came up way short. All in all, it was a fun time on the course.
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,684 ClubWRX
    I know I’ve played in some bad weather, but I don’t think I’ve ever even thought about playing when it’s even in the 20’s.....let alone the teens.

Leo, you sir are a stud........or just plain crazy!��
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62