2019 Ping G410 Driver - Plus and SFT photos

124»
4

Comments

  • MattM97MattM97 Members  1299WRX Points: 540Posts: 1,299 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #92
    Tested both the G400 and G410 in a fitting as I'm in need of a new driver. My setup for both was:<br />
    <br />
    G400 SFT - Accra Tour Z Extreme 465 M4 shaft<br />
    G410 Plus - Set to draw - Tour 65S shaft<br />
    <br />
    Both setups would cost me the same if not very similar. Both performed well for me, better launch and spin on the G410. So will be going with that also there is more room for improvement in the G410 for me, the G400 SFT was basically maxed out at that setup.<br />
    <br />
    Looks wise don't mind the crown, kinda help me setup. Excited to hit that whenever i get it.
    Posted:
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S
    Hybrid: Ping G410 - 19° - Alta CB 70R
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - TP Mills Handmade Trad II SIK Tour Proto - and many more.
    Balls: TaylorMade TP5X
    Bag: Ping Pioneer 

    Instagram:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • woods991woods991 believelandClubWRX  2572WRX Points: 187Handicap: 11Posts: 2,572 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #93

    Just got fitted as well and I must say it is a better driver than the MAX, ordered mine with Fuji Evo IV 661 playing at 45 great driver. I will also mention that the MAX is one of the best Ping offerings all of their Staffers switched to the 410 (most of them atleast).

    Posted:
    Signature of Solon CC
    Mizuno st200 10.5 w/Kuro Kage XM60
    Titleist TS2 (tour issue)15 Aldila Blue NV 70 42.75”
    Honma BeZeal 535 Tour Ad f-75 18
    Mizuno Jpx 919 Hot Metal Nippon Modus3 Pro 105 4-pw 
    Cleveland RTX4 Modus3 tour 120 stiff (50,56)
    Honma tw-w4 Modus3 tour 120 60
    Evnroll Er10 Outback 33.75 superstroke 1.0p
  • juggernaut0629juggernaut0629 Members  1067WRX Points: 116Posts: 1,067 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #94

    I hit my 410+ today after waiting 3 weeks. Tensei orange 70 X
    44.5" D8. ( hotmelt added neutral but slightly forward ) 9* dropped -1.5*

    This driver is an absolute monster. I really thought the F9 was going in the bag until I hit the 410.

    I have struggled to find a driver setup that keeps me at consistent low spin numbers with max carry. Not anymore. I've found it in this setup.

    The feel is BETTER THAN THE F9, i didn't think I'd ever say that after hitting my F9. The sound is a dull muted , but solid, click. Yeah....a Ping sounding like a composite. To say the best , for sound AND feel....to me it's almost like if a composite & persimmon driver had a baby....it would be a 410+ with hot melt.
    Distance was longer than my current gamer. (G LST ) and the F9.

    Easy to turn over, easy to fade....completely workable in both directions. Very straight driver.
    I wonder if the hot melt was the difference that made this driver that good. Highly recommend it.
    Everyone else can keep their epic flash, F9, m5......let them game inferior clubs. This Ping is the real deal.

    Posted:
    Ping G LST 9*
    Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
    X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
    Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
    Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*
  • SMUGamerSMUGamer Members  714WRX Points: 178Posts: 714 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #95

    I didn't read this entire thread so does anyone know if Ping is coming out with a G410 LST? I heard they couldn't beat the performance of the G400 LST and were not going to produce a 410 LST but that just doesn't sound right.

    Posted:
  • Vandeventer928Vandeventer928 Members  9WRX Points: 24Posts: 9 Bunkers
    Joined:  #96

    Cosmetically I like the 400 a lot more.

    Posted:
  • ace036ace036 Members  2086WRX Points: 146Handicap: +1.5Posts: 2,086 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #97

    I’ve read some conflicting info regarding the Tensi Orange available through Ping and the aftermarket Tensi Orange. According to some these are two different shafts... Can anyone shed some more insight and clarification into these claims?

    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5° - Fujikura Speeder Evolution V 757x
    Titleist TS3 16.5° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7x
    Srixon Z U85 20° - KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 85 s+
    Srixon Z 785 (4-PW) - KBS C-Taper Lite 115x
    Titleist SM7 50.12F - KBS C-Taper Lite 115x
    Titleist SM7 54.08M (55°) - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125s
    Titleist SM7 60.12D - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125s
    Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers  2211WRX Points: 304Handicap: 7Posts: 2,211 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #98

    On -, @ace036 said:

    I’ve read some conflicting info regarding the Tensi Orange available through Ping and the aftermarket Tensi Orange. According to some these are two different shafts... Can anyone shed some more insight and clarification into these claims?

    No clue on Tensi Orange. PING always lists cut weight on their shafts not raw, just an FYI. I doubt it’s a made for knowing PING. One of great things about project x. All same. Have Evenflow Black in my G410 driver. Amazing driver! Hitting it long for me and not worried about the left side miss anymore.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M6
    Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
    Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
    Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
    SC Phantom X 5.5
  • IDrive300FsportIDrive300Fsport Alpine,UTClubWRX  112WRX Points: 53Handicap: 14Posts: 112 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #99

    Can anyone chime in on wether the adjustable weigh actually alters the ball flight? Only review I can find is Rick Shiels. From his testing it does seem to alter ball flight, but that can also be his swing. But hard to go by his data from a few shots.

    Posted:
  • craz-ecraz-e Members  4380WRX Points: 460Handicap: 3Posts: 4,380 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #100

    On -, @IDrive300Fsport said:

    Can anyone chime in on wether the adjustable weigh actually alters the ball flight? Only review I can find is Rick Shiels. From his testing it does seem to alter ball flight, but that can also be his swing. But hard to go by his data from a few shots.

    TXG just did a pretty good review where they changed the weights and also face angle with the sleeve, worth a watch

    Posted:
    Driver = Taylormade SIM 7* Hzrdus green 6.0
    4 wood = Titleist TS2 Even flow white 6.0
    3 iron = Titleist U500 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
    Irons = Wilson Staff FG59,  4-PW
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56*
                  = Ping Glide 3.0 eye 2 60* 
    Putter = Scotty Cameron 2020 Special select Del Mar
    Ball = Taylormade TP5 Pix
  • Carolina Golfer 2Carolina Golfer 2 Members  9464WRX Points: 493Posts: 9,464 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #101

    On -, @SMUGamer said:

    I didn't read this entire thread so does anyone know if Ping is coming out with a G410 LST? I heard they couldn't beat the performance of the G400 LST and were not going to produce a 410 LST but that just doesn't sound right.

    The LST Version will be out by the end of May.

    On -, @ace036 said:

    I’ve read some conflicting info regarding the Tensi Orange available through Ping and the aftermarket Tensi Orange. According to some these are two different shafts... Can anyone shed some more insight and clarification into these claims?

    It is the real deal Tensi

    On -, @IDrive300Fsport said:

    Can anyone chime in on wether the adjustable weigh actually alters the ball flight? Only review I can find is Rick Shiels. From his testing it does seem to alter ball flight, but that can also be his swing. But hard to go by his data from a few shots.

    Yes it does affect the flight. The 410+ set in draw offers 9 more yards of draw flight then neutral. Same for fade setting offering 9 more yards of Fade vs neutral.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Sr Flex
    PING G410 FW 7 and 9
    PING G410 Hybrid 5 
    Titleist T300  5-P KBS TGI 80 Shaft
    Vokey  50.10, 54.10 58..12
    Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 
    TaylorMade Spider X Custom Blue

  • Pleasedwith3puttsPleasedwith3putts Members  1757WRX Points: 138Posts: 1,757 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #102

    It is the real deal Tensei CK orange - not to be mistaken with the CK pro orange which has a different profile and materials

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers  2211WRX Points: 304Handicap: 7Posts: 2,211 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #103

    On -, @Carolina Golfer 2 said:

    On -, @SMUGamer said:

    I didn't read this entire thread so does anyone know if Ping is coming out with a G410 LST? I heard they couldn't beat the performance of the G400 LST and were not going to produce a 410 LST but that just doesn't sound right.

    The LST Version will be out by the end of May.

    On -, @ace036 said:

    I’ve read some conflicting info regarding the Tensi Orange available through Ping and the aftermarket Tensi Orange. According to some these are two different shafts... Can anyone shed some more insight and clarification into these claims?

    It is the real deal Tensi

    On -, @IDrive300Fsport said:

    Can anyone chime in on wether the adjustable weigh actually alters the ball flight? Only review I can find is Rick Shiels. From his testing it does seem to alter ball flight, but that can also be his swing. But hard to go by his data from a few shots.

    Yes it does affect the flight. The 410+ set in draw offers 9 more yards of draw flight then neutral. Same for fade setting offering 9 more yards of Fade vs neutral.

    Straightest driver I've ever hit. Set to flat lie and weight in fade. Almost impossible to miss left now.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M6
    Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
    Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
    Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
    SC Phantom X 5.5
  • Arlin964Arlin964 Members  173WRX Points: 62Handicap: 14Posts: 173 Fairways
    Joined:  #104

    I am loving my G410+. 9 degree head set to the small plus and weight in the draw setting, I felt like I couldn’t miss a fairway last weekend. I used to consistently fight a fade that often turned into a slice. A bad swing could easily result in a big fat slice or a massive overcorrection hook. With the G410 and my Accra FX 2.0 250 M4, I’m finding consistent middle of the face impact. Something about that setup just works for me. In fact, last week my playing partner said I was driving it the best he’s seen from me.

    Posted:
    Ping G410+
    Ping G410 3W
    Ping G410 3H
    Titleist T300 4-7
    Titleist T200 8-GW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54SS & 60 Eye2
    Odyssey Stroke Lab 2Ball Fang
  • littled1212littled1212 Nuts Members  1029WRX Points: 94Posts: 1,029 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #105

    On -, @LaymanM said:

    On -, @Carolina Golfer 2 said:

    On -, @SMUGamer said:

    I didn't read this entire thread so does anyone know if Ping is coming out with a G410 LST? I heard they couldn't beat the performance of the G400 LST and were not going to produce a 410 LST but that just doesn't sound right.

    The LST Version will be out by the end of May.

    On -, @ace036 said:

    I’ve read some conflicting info regarding the Tensi Orange available through Ping and the aftermarket Tensi Orange. According to some these are two different shafts... Can anyone shed some more insight and clarification into these claims?

    It is the real deal Tensi

    On -, @IDrive300Fsport said:

    Can anyone chime in on wether the adjustable weigh actually alters the ball flight? Only review I can find is Rick Shiels. From his testing it does seem to alter ball flight, but that can also be his swing. But hard to go by his data from a few shots.

    Yes it does affect the flight. The 410+ set in draw offers 9 more yards of draw flight then neutral. Same for fade setting offering 9 more yards of Fade vs neutral.

    Straightest driver I've ever hit. Set to flat lie and weight in fade. Almost impossible to miss left now. How flat can you set it? Degrees

    Posted:
4

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.