Arccos Link

Joker91Joker91 Westminster, COMembers Posts: 552 ✭✭
A new belt clip device that means you don't have to keeps your phone in your pocket. It has me interested.

Kinda hope they will include it in some package with the club tags all together.

https://www.arccosgolf.com/products/5c34ea380a7ca01300dfcf61

Comments

• Duke of HazardsDuke of Hazards Members Posts: 129 ✭✭
    I wonder if this device will act as a workaround to their broken Android app.
  • thaarthaar Best 3-putter in town! Members Posts: 960 ✭✭
    I'm curious whether this will have better success recording shots. My phone doesn't miss many, but it would be nice for it not to miss any with this device.

As for the Android app, what issues are you having? I have an Android and haven't really experienced any issues. Granted, I haven't used the app in a few months since golf season for us is over, but I'd be surprised if anything has changed since then.
    Huge thanks to Cobra and WRX!

Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
    Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
    Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
    Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
    Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
    Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
    Edel E-1
  • ogcogc Members Posts: 38 ClubWRX
    Granted I haven't used Arccos yet as I was holding out to see if anything compelling was released during the PGA Merch Sho. IMHO $60 and definitely $80 on top is sort of a lot to ask people to pay just to have a more reliable experience. Would have liked to seen this bundled
  • pgetzenpgetzen Members Posts: 200 ✭✭
    I got the email from them today and to be honest, I have gotten kind of used to having my IPhone X in my front pocket. Not sure I want to pay to move to a clip on the belt. But still thinking through. Interested to hear what others think.
    King Cobra LTD Driver
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 3 Wood
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 19 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
    Mizuno MP T5 54, 60
    Seemore Nashville Z3C
  • res0991res0991 Members Posts: 8
    I received the email today as well. I went ahead and pre-ordered. I haven’t played enough rounds with my systems to get used to my phone being in my pocket. I also tend to check email and text while I play so I easily forget about putting my phone back in my front pocket.

$60 might be a little pricey for the add on, but Arccos won me over early on with awesome customer service - so I’ll happily contribute to their products and company.
  • AugustokAugustok Members Posts: 77 ✭✭
    In the FAQ in that email is this “What about using the Apple Watch without my phone?

Towards the end of March we will be releasing a new Apple Watch app that will provide another no-phone-in-pocket solution for Arccos users. This will be compatible with Series 3 and Series 4 watches. ”

I think this is what I’m waiting for. This is the year I plan to record stats and see if I can improve for a change.

• thaarthaar Best 3-putter in town! Members Posts: 960 ✭✭
    I shot a note to Arccos yesterday regarding shot detection, and this was the response I received.

Thank you for reaching out to the Arccos Golf Team. We anticipate Link to improve things overall. It should fix any GPS issues, should improve shot detection, eliminate all battery drain issues. So while there may be a missed shot here and there it should be improved.

I'm not certain it's worth $60, but I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on it so I can focus more on my game rather than pulling my phone out regularly to ensure my shots were recorded.
    Huge thanks to Cobra and WRX!

Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
    Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
    Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
    Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
    Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
    Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
    Edel E-1
  • Duke of HazardsDuke of Hazards Members Posts: 129 ✭✭
    thaar wrote:

I'm curious whether this will have better success recording shots. My phone doesn't miss many, but it would be nice for it not to miss any with this device.

As for the Android app, what issues are you having? I have an Android and haven't really experienced any issues. Granted, I haven't used the app in a few months since golf season for us is over, but I'd be surprised if anything has changed since then.

I don't have Arccos. I'm an Android user and have held off on considering Arccos due to the overwhelming negative feedback on the Android app (namely battery drain, missed shots, and app crashing). I'm not a developer, but its curious that the app could work so well for iPhone and drastically inferior for Android. I'm glad that you've not experienced any issues but you seem to be the outlier, based on most of the online feedback in the Google Play Store and numerous golf websites.

Based on your last post quoting Arccos' customer support team alluding to elimination of 'issues' closely matching those reported by Android users, it's possible that this new Link was a two birds with one stone solution to correct the ongoing Android app issues as well as the major complaint from all Arccos users, which is having to keep the phone in front pocket (which personally doesn't bother me, but apparently many others).
  • pgetzenpgetzen Members Posts: 200 ✭✭
    Augustok wrote:

In the FAQ in that email is this “What about using the Apple Watch without my phone?

Towards the end of March we will be releasing a new Apple Watch app that will provide another no-phone-in-pocket solution for Arccos users. This will be compatible with Series 3 and Series 4 watches. ”

I think this is what I’m waiting for. This is the year I plan to record stats and see if I can improve for a change.

If they are going to release something for the Apple Watch, that might be worth waiting for, for me as well
    King Cobra LTD Driver
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 3 Wood
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 19 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
    Mizuno MP T5 54, 60
    Seemore Nashville Z3C
    edited Feb 19, 2019 12:36pm #11
    pgetzen wrote:

Augustok wrote:

If they are going to release something for the Apple Watch, that might be worth waiting for, for me as well

They have a FB group where they just announced beta testing signups. Link to the FB group on https://www.arccosacademy.com/, or direct link here, https://www.facebook...ups/teamarccos/
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,970 ✭✭
    edited Feb 19, 2019 5:23pm #12
    Two questions fellas I just installed the sensors from Cobra Connect. One, if I purchase the Link will I still need to have the app open using data on my phone? Two, it appears I have a 90 day trial period via Cobra for Arccos Caddie. After this period is up will I still be able to utilize this technology without a subscription to Caddie? I’m a bit confused, thanks. BB
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
    Big Ben wrote:

Two questions fellas I just installed the sensors from Cobra Connect. One, if I purchase the Link will I still need to have the app open using data on my phone? Two, it appears I have a 90 day trial period via Cobra for Arccos Caddie. After this period is up will I still be able to utilize this technology without a subscription to Caddie? I'm a bit confused, thanks. BB

That's sort of not clear, here's the Arccos Link FAQ

How does Arccos Link work?

When starting a round you will simply clip Arccos Link to your belt or pocket, and select Arccos Link as the shot recording device via an interface on your smart phone. When you are in Bluetooth range of your smart phone Arccos Link will automatically transmit your shot data allowing you to interact with your smart phone during a round, or you can wait until the round is over.

Seems you'll have to set the Link in the app, but doesn't say if that's just to set up initially or for each round. It mentions transmitting data via Bluetooth when in range of the phone. I'd imagine the phone is still where the location data comes from and the Link just senses the shot? If that's the case I'd be interested to see if the phone still needs to be by the ball to get correct location data. For example if you have the Link, leave your phone in the cart, then walk to your ball on the other side of the fairway and hit. Will it know you're on the other side of the fairway or will the shot be detected where the phone is located at the time of the shot?

Also I believe the only way to avoid paying the $99/yr is by purchasing the 14 sensor set, but don't quote me on that
  • Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Members Posts: 6,680 ✭✭
    ogc wrote:

Big Ben wrote:

Two questions fellas I just installed the sensors from Cobra Connect. One, if I purchase the Link will I still need to have the app open using data on my phone? Two, it appears I have a 90 day trial period via Cobra for Arccos Caddie. After this period is up will I still be able to utilize this technology without a subscription to Caddie? I'm a bit confused, thanks. BB

That's sort of not clear, here's the [url="https://www.arccosgolf.com/pages/arccos-link-frequently-asked-questions"]Arccos Link FAQ[/url]

How does Arccos Link work?

When starting a round you will simply clip Arccos Link to your belt or pocket, and select Arccos Link as the shot recording device via an interface on your smart phone. When you are in Bluetooth range of your smart phone Arccos Link will automatically transmit your shot data allowing you to interact with your smart phone during a round, or you can wait until the round is over.

Seems you'll have to set the Link in the app, but doesn't say if that's just to set up initially or for each round. It mentions transmitting data via Bluetooth when in range of the phone. I'd imagine the phone is still where the location data comes from and the Link just senses the shot? If that's the case I'd be interested to see if the phone still needs to be by the ball to get correct location data. For example if you have the Link, leave your phone in the cart, then walk to your ball on the other side of the fairway and hit. Will it know you're on the other side of the fairway or will the shot be detected where the phone is located at the time of the shot?

Also I believe the only way to avoid paying the $99/yr is by purchasing the 14 sensor set, but don't quote me on that

Phone can be left in your car. I’m nearly certain it has gps in it otherwise the phone couldn’t be left in your car. Phone is only needed when you’re transferring stats or if you want to access the caddy/distance measuring features. I’m still waiting for Apple Watch update to allow it to work as the Link does.
  • theWISEmantheWISEman Legend in my own mind... TexasClubWRX Posts: 160 ClubWRX
    Does anyone have any experience using their Apple Watch for Arccos? I am contemplating purchasing the Arccos Caddie Smart Grips.

I have a rangefinder for distances, so I don't need the app for yardage GPS but I would like to be able to access the Caddie feature on my watch to see the "play like" distances after getting exact distance with the rangefinder. Does the Arccos app still have to run on your phone while you use your watch?

TAYLORMADE M3 PROJECT X HZRDUS YELLOW 63 6.5
    TAYLORMADE M4 PROJECT X HZRDUS BLACK 62 6.5
    TAYLORMADE P790 UDI PROJECT X HZRDUS BLACK 85 6.5
    MIZUNO MP5 4-PW TOUR ISSUE SST PURE X100
    VOKEY RAW SM7 50* 54* 58* TOUR ISSUE SST PURE S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON NEWPORT 2.5

theWISEman wrote:

Does anyone have any experience using their Apple Watch for Arccos? I am contemplating purchasing the Arccos Caddie Smart Grips.

I have a rangefinder for distances, so I don't need the app for yardage GPS but I would like to be able to access the Caddie feature on my watch to see the "play like" distances after getting exact distance with the rangefinder. Does the Arccos app still have to run on your phone while you use your watch?

Phone is necessary.
  • theWISEmantheWISEman Legend in my own mind... TexasClubWRX Posts: 160 ClubWRX

theWISEman wrote:

Phone is necessary.

Thanks for the reply! Just found on their website that the feature should be available in a few weeks.

TAYLORMADE M3 PROJECT X HZRDUS YELLOW 63 6.5
    TAYLORMADE M4 PROJECT X HZRDUS BLACK 62 6.5
    TAYLORMADE P790 UDI PROJECT X HZRDUS BLACK 85 6.5
    MIZUNO MP5 4-PW TOUR ISSUE SST PURE X100
    VOKEY RAW SM7 50* 54* 58* TOUR ISSUE SST PURE S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON NEWPORT 2.5

theWISEman wrote:

theWISEman wrote:

Phone is necessary.

Thanks for the reply! Just found on their website that the feature should be available in a few weeks.

Take that date with a grain of salt. Hopefully they meet that date, but history dictates they’ll miss it. Fingers crossed.
  • zoned_post_meridiemzoned_post_meridiem Members Posts: 65 ✭✭

Now that Arccos can use the Apple watch for shot detection, has anyone used this feature? I'm trying to decide whether to jump into the arccos system (using the watch) or use Hole19 with manual tagging this year.

• larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,244 ✭✭

Lucky apple users... :(

I just placed order for Link. Free upgrade to 2nd gen putt tag was what tipped the scale for me.

Finally Ordered Arccos since the Apple Watch supposedly will work. Arrives on April 30th. I’ve been using Hole 19 which hasn’t been working as well with the watch this spring. With the rainy weather have only played a couple of times.

• jbandalojbandalo Members Posts: 107 ✭✭

Pre-ordered the link as well. Hopefully it’s as small as it looks and light.

• robinsrobins Hands of stone SeattleClubWRX Posts: 24 ✭✭

@zoned_post_meridiem said:
    Now that Arccos can use the Apple watch for shot detection, has anyone used this feature? I'm trying to decide whether to jump into the arccos system (using the watch) or use Hole19 with manual tagging this year.

The Apple watch shot detection is in Public beta, and has typical Beta issues. I tried it and went back to the phone in the pocket till Link ships.

WITB

Taylor Made M5 Tour, 9* Fuji Ventus 55R
    TM M5 5 wood
    TM M5 Rocket 3
    Ping G410 hybrid, 19*
    TM P790 Black 5-PW, KBS Tour FLT r
    TM 50 Milled grind Gap wedge
    Vokey SM6 56-8 & 60-12 wedges
    Bettinardi Queen Bee Mallet
  • robinsrobins Hands of stone SeattleClubWRX Posts: 24 ✭✭

@res0991 said:
    I received the email today as well. I went ahead and pre-ordered. I haven’t played enough rounds with my systems to get used to my phone being in my pocket. I also tend to check email and text while I play so I easily forget about putting my phone back in my front pocket.

I agree, phone in front pocket doesn't bother me. Not having music at times does Link will free up my phone to play music when I want.

WITB

Taylor Made M5 Tour, 9* Fuji Ventus 55R
    TM M5 5 wood
    TM M5 Rocket 3
    Ping G410 hybrid, 19*
    TM P790 Black 5-PW, KBS Tour FLT r
    TM 50 Milled grind Gap wedge
    Vokey SM6 56-8 & 60-12 wedges
    Bettinardi Queen Bee Mallet

@robins said:

@zoned_post_meridiem said:

The Apple watch shot detection is in Public beta, and has typical Beta issues. I tried it and went back to the phone in the pocket till Link ships.

Thanks. I'm getting the system this week; will play with phone (which I have in my pocket anyway, I just prefer having it in the other pocket), and check out how watch works for a round or two. I assume the watch still has all the other functionality (shows yardage, caddie, etc.) even if not used for shot detection?

I’m going to try to use the watch today again. The last two attempts didn’t go well. Missed half of my drives, most putts. I read the directions and hints numerous times but so far isn’t working for me. Even phone in pocket misses several putts a round.

@Augustok said:
    I’m going to try to use the watch today again. The last two attempts didn’t go well. Missed half of my drives, most putts. I read the directions and hints numerous times but so far isn’t working for me. Even phone in pocket misses several putts a round.

Same here. Oddly, it picked up just about every shot (including putts) -- except almost none of the tee shots. Switched back to phone midway through -- don't mind phone in pocket, just prefer it to be in back/non-glove-side pocket.

The other thing I don’t like is that you have to look at round on your phone. I missed that you can’t go home and have all the shot statistics land on your iPad for easier study. I just want distances when playing, then look at results at night.

@Augustok said:
    The other thing I don’t like is that you have to look at round on your phone. I missed that you can’t go home and have all the shot statistics land on your iPad for easier study. I just want distances when playing, then look at results at night.

I'm not sure you have to (other than to verify that shots were detected?) -- watch syncs to phone, which syncs to your dashboard/web interface.