2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New Ping G410 drivers

GolfWRX

• 1 month later...

This is an amazing driver by Ping. I received mine a week or so ago and have been extremely pleased by the performance. Ping is offering free hotmelt services (was told that it's because the LST model is so delayed and this is a way to make the G410 Plus play similar to an LST). I had mine done and it is awesome. To me it is like a G400 Max and an LST had a baby. Still pairs beautifully with the Tensei Pro Orange. This and the LST 3 wood will be a big club this year!

This is an amazing driver by Ping. I received mine a week or so ago and have been extremely pleased by the performance. Ping is offering free hotmelt services (was told that it's because the LST model is so delayed and this is a way to make the G410 Plus play similar to an LST). I had mine done and it is awesome. To me it is like a G400 Max and an LST had a baby. Still pairs beautifully with the Tensei Pro Orange. This and the LST 3 wood will be a big club this year!

Thanks, Stephen. Look forward to coming back up with @bushwoodcountryclub and continuing our fitting with the new releases. Did the hot melt make it sound more like an LST as well?

WITB

Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Black

Stealth+ 2.0 at 16 degrees

G430 7 wood, flat minus 1.5

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

Do you know how much hotmelt they add and where exactly it is added? I assume the face but toe side, middle, or heal side?

What does the hot melt do exactly?

Adds a little weight and mutes the sound at impact.

And how this relates to making the g410 more semola to the LST? More weight in the face equals to less spin?

Shifts CG forward like the LST model. You can just put it in the center since the adjustable weight in the back helps with heel or toe bias weighting. Also hot melt is a little sticky so it collects dust / metal particulates inside the head which used to cause rattle sound.

Looks amazing and I am very interested....My only concern is the finish and the shifting weight in the back. It seems as though the finish scratches and marks up easily when you move the weight around (based on some review videos). The last thing i want is a chipped up driver trying to dial in specs. Plus is the hotmelt port tapped for a screw to go in the hole?

Driver: Ping G410 LST, 9 degree, VA Composites Raijin Black 65 X

3 Wood: Sim Tour Issue, 14.5 degree, VA Composites Synystr 75 X

Utility: Ping iCrossover 3 iron, GD 95X 

Irons: Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo, TT X100

Wedges: Vokey 54/58, S300

Putter:  Lajosi, Bellum Winnmore, or Scotty 5.5......We'll see who wins!! 

Ball: Titleist ProV1

And how this relates to making the g410 more semola to the LST? More weight in the face equals to less spin?

Shifts CG forward like the LST model. You can just put it in the center since the adjustable weight in the back helps with heel or toe bias weighting. Also hot melt is a little sticky so it collects dust / metal particulates inside the head which used to cause rattle sound.

Wouldnt tungsten wieghts or lead tape do same thing?

hot melt improves the acoustics .. big for tour boys

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

It is primarily for adjusting weight to a club head to accomplish a specific club spec/build. A lot of drivers on the tour are shorter and if you shorten a club and want to keep the same swing weight and feel then you need to adjust the weight of the club head. The hot melt also has the added benefit of altering the acoustics and muting the sound.

Driver: Ping G410 LST, 9 degree, VA Composites Raijin Black 65 X

3 Wood: Sim Tour Issue, 14.5 degree, VA Composites Synystr 75 X

Utility: Ping iCrossover 3 iron, GD 95X 

Irons: Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo, TT X100

Wedges: Vokey 54/58, S300

Putter:  Lajosi, Bellum Winnmore, or Scotty 5.5......We'll see who wins!! 

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Hit this at my local range last weekend. Was really surprised how the flat hosel setting and the weight in the fade setting really altered the flight. I hit a stock baby draw and when I put the 410 in flat+fade I was hitting little baby fades with my stock swing.

PING G430 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

Mizuno ST-G 15* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 2 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT115X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM7 52F - 58D

Mizuno M Craft II

Titleist ProV1

I hit it with the tensei and had great dispersion. I ordered it at 45 inches. I hope it’s at least a D 2. If not I’m thinking screws for the vacant 2 spots and other methods. All I know is,,, if the tour guys are swinging shorter drivers, why aren’t we?

Yeah, we should probably be swinging shorter drivers as well... I think the problem is -- in a proper fitting or just swinging away in bays at a big box store -- everyone assumes that their "best" hit will be repeatable and what they should buy off of rather than their average / consistent hits. To many consumers would rather see a 5-10 yd increase in their drives over better dispersion and consistent contact (perhaps in large part because dispersion and contact, particularly for the average amateur, are much harder to measure and quantify without larger data sets that you won't get in even a one hour fitting). Personally, I blame marketing and the need for every driver to be longer than the last.

Yes, pretty much everyone can do it on a special order now, but kudos to Cobra for selling an explicit "Tour Length" version that comes "stock" with heavier weights to keep the swing weight consistent.

• Like 1

Thanks, Stephen. Look forward to coming back up with @bushwoodcountryclub and continuing our fitting with the new releases. Did the hot melt make it sound more like an LST as well?

Sound is great. May be a touch louder than G400 LST, but not much in it. I enjoy hitting the G410 a lot.

I hit it with the tensei and had great dispersion. I ordered it at 45 inches. I hope it’s at least a D 2. If not I’m thinking screws for the vacant 2 spots and other methods. All I know is,,, if the tour guys are swinging shorter drivers, why aren’t we?

Yeah, we should probably be swinging shorter drivers as well... I think the problem is -- in a proper fitting or just swinging away in bays at a big box store -- everyone assumes that their "best" hit will be repeatable and what they should buy off of rather than their average / consistent hits. To many consumers would rather see a 5-10 yd increase in their drives over better dispersion and consistent contact (perhaps in large part because dispersion and contact, particularly for the average amateur, are much harder to measure and quantify without larger data sets that you won't get in even a one hour fitting). Personally, I blame marketing and the need for every driver to be longer than the last.

Yes, pretty much everyone can do it on a special order now, but kudos to Cobra for selling an explicit "Tour Length" version that comes "stock" with heavier weights to keep the swing weight consistent.

I rarely fit my clients into 45", most of the time I try to get them into 44.5"-44.75". Those that don't struggle with strike, we can move into the 45" range, but after that I don't see enough gain to make sense giving up on consistency.

Wouldnt tungsten wieghts or lead tape do same thing?

Not quite. Tungsten weights are limited in where we can put them. Lead tape is useful on irons/wedges where we can't get inside the head. Hotmelt allows us to change the sound, feel and performance of a club quite easily and accurately, if done by someone who knows what they're doing.

Looks amazing and I am very interested....My only concern is the finish and the shifting weight in the back. It seems as though the finish scratches and marks up easily when you move the weight around (based on some review videos). The last thing i want is a chipped up driver trying to dial in specs. Plus is the hotmelt port tapped for a screw to go in the hole?

The hotmelt port isn't technically a hotmelt port. It's a hole made so Quality Control can inspect the insides of the heads before shipping them out. The added benefit of it is it gives them access to the insides to put hotmelt in. It is a screw hole as well. As far as the weight chipping in the back, I'm going to go out on a limb and say those that have had this issue have probably assumed it was a sliding weight and thus ran the weight/wrench along the body. It is meant to be removed and then screwed back in in one of the three holes. It isn't meant for sliding. I have had my G410 for a little while now and have had 0 issues with chipping. I also would suggest that anyone who moves the weight in the back enough to cause chipping needs to settle it down and quit tinkering. Put it in a place that works for you and LEAVE IT ALONE.

Do you know how much hotmelt they add and where exactly it is added? I assume the face but toe side, middle, or heal side?

They recommend adding 8-12 grams towards the face to make it act similar to the LST model from last year. I added 10grams and have seen great numbers from it. As far as center towards the face or toe/heel, it's a personal preference. If you want to see a fade, put it towards the toe and if you want to see a draw, put it towards the heel. I prefer to leave the hotmelt in the center towards the face and move the back weight to the toe or heel position for shot shaping. I just wanted the club to be a touch lower spinning and allow me to move a weight when/if I needed or wanted a specific shot shape.

They recommend adding 8-12 grams towards the face to make it act similar to the LST model from last year. I added 10grams and have seen great numbers from it. As far as center towards the face or toe/heel, it's a personal preference. If you want to see a fade, put it towards the toe and if you want to see a draw, put it towards the heel. I prefer to leave the hotmelt in the center towards the face and move the back weight to the toe or heel position for shot shaping. I just wanted the club to be a touch lower spinning and allow me to move a weight when/if I needed or wanted a specific shot shape.

How did you get this ordered? Did you call ping yourself or go through club/dealer?

G400 Lst 8.5, Tour AD TP 6X, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 Tour Ad TP 6X, Aldila Rogue 125 msi 60X
Tour Edge CBX 3 woods, Atmos Blue TS 7X, Kai'li 70X, Diamana BF70X
Tour Edge CBX 5 woods, Kai'li 80X, Diamana BF70X
718 Ap2's, Project X LZ 6.5 ssx1
Vokey SM6 wedges w/ s400
Odyssey #7 putter.
1 bad a** yamaha drive golf cart on 14's.

I rarely fit my clients into 45", most of the time I try to get them into 44.5"-44.75". Those that don't struggle with strike, we can move into the 45" range, but after that I don't see enough gain to make sense giving up on consistency.

My fitter was thinking 44.5 44.75 but because he was concerned about swing weight he suggested 45. After I get the club and check out the swing weight numbers I can go from there. ...and cut it if there is weight to spare. I was extremely happy about how straight I was hitting it at the stock length. Which I believe is 45.3/4. Again I was so blown away that we mere mortals are trying to hit clubs longer then the pros do. Thanks corporate America.

On the other hand, when you get to be an old f$rt over 50 and you become a "smooth swinger", 46" or more can work. Plenty of guys on the Champions Tour are playing long drivers. Miguel Angel: 46-1/4".

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

Best driver on tour plays 45.67". just saying "Rory"

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 50.08F & 56M DG S200

Callaway Jaws Raw Face Chrome 60Z DG Spinner 115 Steel

Odyssey Dual Force OR  Odyssey Jailbird LE 380 Microhinge Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

Not sure using SG off the tee is a good metric to claim someone is the best “driver” on tour. Rory is 6th in driving distance and 174th in driving accuracy, with a total driving ranking of 57th. Maybe he could go a little shorter in his shaft and pick up some driving accuracy?

Not sure using SG off the tee is a good metric to claim someone is the best “driver” on tour. Rory is 6th in driving distance and 174th in driving accuracy, with a total driving ranking of 57th. Maybe he could go a little shorter in his shaft and pick up some driving accuracy?

Its a different game nowadays. So avoid harbor town and a few others. He has a distinct advantage over most. His driver is a weapon. He's got my vote for best driver. Sure others hit more fairways but are 40 yards behind him.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 50.08F & 56M DG S200

Callaway Jaws Raw Face Chrome 60Z DG Spinner 115 Steel

Odyssey Dual Force OR  Odyssey Jailbird LE 380 Microhinge Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

I have been waiting on pulling the trigger on a new driver until I had a chance to hit all of them. The 410 was the last on my list, boy am I glad I waited.

Short version of my story is I tried it out at PGA SS. X stiff ping tour shaft, 9 degree loft. Could absolutely not make this thing go right. Pushes all drawed back to the line. I was spinning it at 2100, getting 164 ball speed frequently, and carrying it 290+ all day. I'm a 110-113 swing speed. This is the most forgiving driver over ever hit. I put the weight in fade position and shaft adjusted to flat, still couldn't make it move right. The guy helping me out was just laughing.

This is at the top of my list. At this point, it's just about testing some more shaft options but all I can say is wow.

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60