ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Bridgestone E12 golf balls

Golfer_1993Golfer_1993 Advanced Members Posts: 581
https://golfweek.com/2019/01/22/first-look-bridgestone-e12-soft-e12-speed-balls/

Looking forward to testing these. I'm playing the E6 Speed, so I will probably try the E12 Speed.

Comments

• iKOH423iKOH423 Advanced Members Posts: 105
    I have played the E6s for as long as I can remember. Finally started to do a bit of ball testing last year. Will definitely be grabbing a box of these to test out on Feb. 15!
    Driver: Callaway Epic Sub Zero 10.5 Deg.
    Fairway Wood: Callaway Epic Sub Zero 15 Deg
    Hybrid: Callaway Epic 3 19 Deg.
    Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 4-AW
    Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Wedges 56/60
    Putter: Scotty Cameron 18' Select Newport 2
  • erock9174erock9174 Advanced Members Posts: 3,921
    $29.99. Hmmm seems a bit high. Assuming this is the answer to the Callaway Superhot Bold which is the same price but for 15 balls.

At $23-25 I’m in. But not $30.
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Taylormade M3 12* FG[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Fairway: Ping G400 SFT 5w[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Hybrids: Exotics Xrail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 56*/ 60* / Callaway Sure Out 64*[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Putter: Ping Tyne H
    Bag: Sun Mountain Four 5 [/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Tracking: Game Golf[/font]
  • wldchld22wldchld22 Advanced Members Posts: 3,306 ✭✭
    wldchld22 wrote:

Does the matte finish feel slick like the Duo matte or Project S matte ? or does have a grabby silicon rubber heel like the Superhot Bold matte or 2018 Volvik Vivid ?
  • xkilgorextroutxxkilgorextroutx Advanced Members Posts: 243
    If they're anything like the E6 before they split it off into two lines, I'm interested.

If not, for $30 I'd rather play the Q-Star Tour.
  • LandyLandy ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 2,093 ClubWRX
    Hello how does this new e12 compare to the TourB Rx?
  • citizenforecitizenfore Advanced Members Posts: 323 ✭✭
    edited January 31
    Landy wrote:

I did a ball fitting at the PGA merch Show with them and I actually got fit for the TourB Rx. I was surprised because I thought I’d get fit for an e12 option for sure. The Rx have the urethane cover where the e12 options do not from what I can tell. I topped out at about 98 mph for the swing speed (not bad for not swinging since October I figure - I’m a mere mortal). Did not get a chance to hit any e12’s but I like the matte finish.
    Modern bag:
    Nike vr str8 fit tour set at 11
    Ping rapture v2 4 wood
    Nike vr_s 3 and 4 hybrids
    Maltby mmb 5-pw
    Carnahan 52/56/60 wedge
    Rotating door of putters

Sunday/quick nine walker:
    Callaway warbird deuce 2 wd
    Callaway warbird 4 wd
    Hogan apex pro 4-E
    Ping eye 2 W and S
    Ping cushin putter

Classic bag:
    Palmer Chattanooga driver
    Hogan Slotline 4 wd
    Palmer Standard 85 3-pw
    Same ping eye 2 sw
    Wilson professional 600 putter
  • LandyLandy ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 2,093 ClubWRX

Landy wrote:

I did a ball fitting at the PGA merch Show with them and I actually got fit for the TourB Rx. I was surprised because I thought I'd get fit for an e12 option for sure. The Rx have the urethane cover where the e12 options do not from what I can tell. I topped out at about 98 mph for the swing speed (not bad for not swinging since October I figure - I'm a mere mortal). Did not get a chance to hit any e12's but I like the matte finish.

Thank you for the feedback. I guess I will stick with the Tour BRXs.
  • lchanglchang Advanced Members Posts: 533 ✭✭
    I assume the e12 will replace the e6 line?
  • Golfer_1993Golfer_1993 Advanced Members Posts: 581
    lchang wrote:

No the E6 is staying, but dropping price to 21.99$. The E12 will be sold at 29.99$.
  • storm319storm319 Advanced Members Posts: 3,735 ✭✭

lchang wrote:

No the E6 is staying, but dropping price to 21.99$. The E12 will be sold at 29.99$.

That may just be for show as the retailers burn off existing stock, doubtful that Bridgestone will be producing anymore of the e6 this year.
    storm319 wrote:

lchang wrote:

That may just be for show as the retailers burn off existing stock, doubtful that Bridgestone will be producing anymore of the e6 this year.

The Site That Shall Not Be Named did an exhaustive article about the e12, and it was stated that the e6 wasn't going anywhere.
  • bigmoneypbigmoneyp Advanced Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭
    erock9174 wrote:

$29.99. Hmmm seems a bit high. Assuming this is the answer to the Callaway Superhot Bold which is the same price but for 15 balls.

At $23-25 I’m in. But not $30.

I agree. I think this will be a good ball but no way I'd move away from the superhot bold when I get more for the same money.
    Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep 14.5*
    Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 19*
    Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 22*
    Maltby DBM 4-PW w. PX LZ 6.0
    Taylormade Milled Grind 52* (bent to 50)
    Taylormade Milled Grind 58*
    Taylormade TP Mullen
    Callaway Supersoft
  • wldchld22wldchld22 Advanced Members Posts: 3,306 ✭✭
    erock9174 wrote:

wldchld22 wrote:

Does the matte finish feel slick like the Duo matte or Project S matte ? or does have a grabby silicon rubber heel like the Superhot Bold matte or 2018 Volvik Vivid ?

Would it be a cop out if I said it wasn’t like any of those? Not grippy matte finish. I can’t recall having to slide under many lob shots with this ball. Full wedge shots sat and spun with no issue.

Plus I haven’t had extensive time with matte balls except for the Duo U and Volviks

Landy wrote:

Landy wrote:

I did a ball fitting at the PGA merch Show with them and I actually got fit for the TourB Rx. I was surprised because I thought I'd get fit for an e12 option for sure. The Rx have the urethane cover where the e12 options do not from what I can tell. I topped out at about 98 mph for the swing speed (not bad for not swinging since October I figure - I'm a mere mortal). Did not get a chance to hit any e12's but I like the matte finish.

BRXs is definitely gonna have a softer feel to it as well.

erock9174 wrote:

wldchld22 wrote:

Would it be a cop out if I said it wasn’t like any of those? Not grippy matte finish. I can’t recall having to slide under many lob shots with this ball. Full wedge shots sat and spun with no issue.

Plus I haven’t had extensive time with matte balls except for the Duo U and Volviks

Landy wrote:

Landy wrote:

Held them in the store. Definitely the slick matte finish which is a hard pass for me. Callaway SH Bold And the 2018 Volvik Vivid got it right with the silcone grabby feel.

The new Supersoft matte ball has the same grabby feel. Can’t wait for it to come out next month. I think it will bury all the $30 matte balls.
  • Twism86Twism86 Advanced Members Posts: 371 ✭✭
    Trying to compete with the Callaway Bold line it looks like. That matte red looks identical. If it plays similar off the irons it could be a winner.
    TM AeroBurner 9.5*
    TM SpeedBlades 4-PW
    Odyssey White Hot RX #1
    A bunch of random wedges
  • RJL51RJL51 Members Posts: 48
    Has anyone tested or played the e12 Soft or Speed? I’m unfortunately not is season yet, and was hoping to hear feedback on this ball line. I really look forward to trying it out soon...
    RJL51 wrote:

Has anyone tested or played the e12 Soft or Speed? I’m unfortunately not is season yet, and was hoping to hear feedback on this ball line. I really look forward to trying it out soon...

I will be testing it next week over 4 rounds, I'll try to do a review for March 10th. I played the E6 Speed for the last year, so I will try to do a comparison.
  • Jrweber77Jrweber77 Webz59 Advanced Members Posts: 163
    I think I’ll stick with my Snell MTB-Black at ~$27 per dozen.
  • ThreeBoxersThreeBoxers Advanced Members Posts: 81

If they're anything like the E6 before they split it off into two lines, I'm interested.

If not, for $30 I'd rather play the Q-Star Tour.

This. Saw 2 dozen 2017 e6's on ebay new in box for $30, snatched them up quick. Between those and the 2 dozen k-sigs I should be set until I know more about these e12's
  • gpleonardgpleonard Advanced Members Posts: 1,208 ✭✭
    Played the E12 Soft today. I think it will be a very good ball. Good distance and behaves well on shots into the green. Has a decent feel off the putter. This could be the ball for 2019. Was playing Callaway balls before, but have always liked the Bridgestone Golf balls. Played them as well.
    Gil Leonard
  • jjfcpajjfcpa Advanced Members Posts: 300
    I've been comparing the e12 with the ERC. I've been playing the Bridgestone Tour RX for the last year.

Just able to hit both indoors for the last couple weeks and I think the ERC has a better feel and more spin off the short irons and wedge. I'll finally get a chance to play out doors in another week and will be evaluating the e12, ERC, RX, and TP5 with some on course shots. I'll let you know what kind of results I get.
  • arky_47963arky_47963 Members Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Have played E6 soft for some time. Tried a sleeve of E12 soft. Might be a yard or two longer, however I felt it did not check up on chips and pitches as well as E6. Any thoughts, or is it just me.
  • Arlin964Arlin964 Members Posts: 60 ✭✭
    jjfcpa wrote:

I've been comparing the e12 with the ERC. I've been playing the Bridgestone Tour RX for the last year.

Just able to hit both indoors for the last couple weeks and I think the ERC has a better feel and more spin off the short irons and wedge. I'll finally get a chance to play out doors in another week and will be evaluating the e12, ERC, RX, and TP5 with some on course shots. I'll let you know what kind of results I get.

JJ - I’d love to know when testing is complete what your thoughts are.

Last year I mostly played TP5x and Snell Red. Bridgestone website said I fit the profile of B RX, so I’m going to test that along with QST this year.

A fitter told me last week he’d suggest I test out QST, B330s, and chrome soft x for my swing.
    TaylorMade R1 10.5*
    Ping Anser 3w
    Callaway Rogue X - 3h, 4h, 5h
    Nickent 6DX - 6-PW
    Wilson Staff PMP 50*
    Cleveland CBX 56*
    Odyssey #7s O-Works
  • gpleonardgpleonard Advanced Members Posts: 1,208 ✭✭
    The more that I play this ball the more I like it. E12 is a very good mid price ball and will surprise a lot of people if they just try it.
    Gil Leonard