Highly disappointed no new consumer viable launch monitors at PGA show.

Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Members Posts: 6,684 ✭✭
edited Jan 23, 2019 6:33pm in GPS/Range Finders/Mobile Apps #1
Was really looking forward to a possible game changer. Garmin isn't it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX Posts: 1,789 ClubWRX
    edited Jan 23, 2019 6:05pm #2
    Did you see the Garmin G80? Not saying its a game changer, but a novel idea for sure. Has me thinking about it and I don't think I'd get much use out a personal launch monitor. http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1735016-garmin-approach-g80/
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 3H (20d), 4H (22d), Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 85 6.0
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i, stiff
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i, stiff
    Putter: Evnroll ER1.2 355g, 33", KBS CT Tour Putter Matte Black, SS Counter Core Mid Slim 2.0
    Ball: Wilson Duo Professional in green & yellow
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/Clicgear 3.5+
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
  • Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Members Posts: 6,684 ✭✭
    dbdors wrote:

Did you see the Garmin G80? Not saying its a game changer, but a novel idea for sure. Has me thinking about it and I don't think I'd get much use out a personal launch monitor. http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1735016-garmin-approach-g80/

I meant Garmin in my OP.
  • YoungJediYoungJedi Members Posts: 1,279 ✭✭
    Accurate “affordable” launch monitors aren’t cheap. That why they haven’t come out at the prices mass consumers want. Not feasible from a busiensss standpoint.
    Taylormade m3 8.5° w/ Accra Tour z RPG 462 SST pure
    Taylormade m4 15° w/ Accra Tour z RPG 472 SST pure
    PXG 0311X gen2 DARKNESS 2 iron w/ Tensei pro 70g hybrid
    PXG 0311x gen1 DARKNESS 4 iron w/ kbs $taper
    Ping Blueprint 5-pw w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure, Boyd blade and Ferrule 
    Ping Glide Forged 50° w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure, Boyd blade and Ferrule
    Vokey limited Slate Blue sm7 54F/58D w/ DG tour issue s400 SST pure, Boyd blade and Ferrule 
    Custom Bettinardi BB0 with welded slant neck 
    Mackenzie Walker bag
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭
    It's a limited market and there's no business sense in releasing a fully functional inexpensive model for consumers that could / would replace the more expensive models used at pro shops, instructors and golf stores.

Mevo and SC300 are likely the closest we get to under $1000 with SkyTrak at the next tier.
    Driver - Home Ping G410 + 9.5*   Away Ping G400 Max 10*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Apex CF-19 5-SW
    Wedge - PXG 58* 
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • HidekiWoodsHidekiWoods Members Posts: 245 ✭✭
    Sc300 looks promising at $500
    Epic SZ
    Apex Hybrid
    Srixon Z965
    MD Wedges

Night and Day Proto
  • Xander_ReignsXander_Reigns Members Posts: 101 ✭✭
    The Mevo is pretty darn accurate. It has some issues with extreme spin, club speed, and ball speed, but it is generally quite reliable. I would guess that it would work well for 99% of the people on these boards.
    TaylorMade Tour Issue M1 8.5*/Tensei CK Pro White Proto 70TX
    Titleist 915 fd 18*/Tensei CK Pro White Proto 80TX
    Srixon Z U85 3i/Nippon Modus Tour 125x
    Bridgetstone Tour B X-CB 4-P/Nippon Modus Tour 125x
    Bridgestone Tour B 50* 55* 60*/Nippon Proto WV 125
    Scotty Cameron Tour Rat Proto
    Titleist ProV1
    Vessel Player's 2.0
  • YrrdeadYrrdead Better Living Through Chemistry Members Posts: 1,621 ✭✭
    I would say that having a new established company jump into the fray is the biggest news since skytrak/rapsodo.

Plus like has been mentioned the continued positive iterations of sc1/2/300 is promising especially @ <$1000.
    G400 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
    Steelhead 15*
    Apex 21* Hybrid
    Apex Pro('14)4-P
    Exo #7

Yrrdead wrote:

I would say that having a new established company jump into the fray is the biggest news since skytrak/rapsodo.

Plus like has been mentioned the continued positive iterations of sc1/2/300 is promising especially @ <$1000.

Garmin jumping in, if that’s who you’re talking about, is great, but the fact that it’s a combined device means concessions were made some where, and I believe a separate device would have been better. If this is them dipping their toes into the market with stand alone, more comprehensive devices to come in the future, I’m all for it.
    Is there any details about the Voice Caddie SC300. Keep hearing that it's coming, but not a single detail that I can find.

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
    Putter: Evnroll ER1.2 355g, 33", KBS CT Tour Putter Matte Black, SS Counter Core Mid Slim 2.0
    dbdors wrote:

Is there any details about the Voice Caddie SC300. Keep hearing that it's coming, but not a single detail that I can find.

The new SC300 is redesigned and now directly measures Launch Angle and Apex! Also it has an App now too for Spin and other uses.

"Swing Caddie's latest rendition of its top-selling portable launch monitor is the SC300. In addition to the key metrics of carry/total distance, swing speed, ball speed, and smash factor, the fully revamped SC300 adds launch angle and apex, and with a fully robust app (the SC300 can be used with or without the app) also measures spin rate. Also included are distance voice output, adjustable loft angles, barometric pressure sensors, precision Doppler Radar technology and a full stats module."

Price[background=rgb(235, 244, 249)]: $499.99[/background]
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Wedge - PXG 58* 
    edited Jan 28, 2019 12:16pm #12
    new2g0lf wrote:

dbdors wrote:

The new SC300 is redesigned and now directly measures Launch Angle and Apex! Also it has an App now too for Spin and other uses.

"Swing Caddie's latest rendition of its top-selling portable launch monitor is the SC300. In addition to the key metrics of carry/total distance, swing speed, ball speed, and smash factor, the fully revamped SC300 adds launch angle and apex, and with a fully robust app (the SC300 can be used with or without the app) also measures spin rate. Also included are distance voice output, adjustable loft angles, barometric pressure sensors, precision Doppler Radar technology and a full stats module."

Do you have a link? Is it on their website some where? I used that text above, and found a Golfweek picture and desciption, but when not on Voice Caddie.

dbdors wrote:

new2g0lf wrote:

dbdors wrote:

Do you have a link? Is it on their website some where?

https://fccid.io/2ABTKSC300/User-Manual/User-Manual-4034574
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Wedge - PXG 58* 
    This is what I found, https://www.mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=539159&p=17#{%22page%22:16,%22issue_id%22:539159}

Looks like the first review is out:

dbdors wrote:

Looks like the first review is out: https://youtu.be/l_WbQfYz2GU

Thanks for the link. Other than showing what the unit looks like, and it's relative size, not much went into the reviewing. It's more like he was paid to make a video.

dbdors wrote:

Looks like the first review is out: https://youtu.be/l_WbQfYz2GU

Thanks for the link. Other than showing what the unit looks like, and it's relative size, not much went into the reviewing. It's more like he was paid to make a video.

Agreed, not really a review, more like "why you need a personal launch monitor". I'm sure better reviews are on the way. He cant be the only one that got one to review.

• Ping ZingsPing Zings Members Posts: 833 ✭✭
    Tag for updates.
  • clinkinfoclinkinfo Members Posts: 669 ✭✭

@Xander_Reigns said:
    The Mevo is pretty darn accurate. It has some issues with extreme spin, club speed, and ball speed, but it is generally quite reliable. I would guess that it would work well for 99% of the people on these boards.

Mevo is excellent actually, I agree BUT it's got 2 major issues. 1. Since it can't see side spin, it can't interpret fades and draws. 2. There is no practice/simulation mode. The second issue would seem to be easy for them to fix in software, but they don't for some reason. Even if they just passed the swing results to a golf game that already exists like skytrak does....I wish it had something like the virtual round in the garmin.