Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Cancun/Playa

I have posted in the Mexico Region but that doesn’t seem to get a lot of love. Wondering what courses are the best and any great bargains? Obviously want to play Mayakoba but if I can play two other equal quality rounds for the same price.... maybe a ranking of what you e played and paid?

Staying at Barcelo Grand south of Playa del Carmen

Comments

• ascottwaddellascottwaddell Members Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Mayakoba is one of my favorites but I was really impressed with Iberostar's Playa Paraiso golf club. Good course and immaculate conditioning.
  • TomWishonTomWishon Sponsors Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Warren_g44 wrote:

I have posted in the Mexico Region but that doesn't seem to get a lot of love. Wondering what courses are the best and any great bargains? Obviously want to play Mayakoba but if I can play two other equal quality rounds for the same price.... maybe a ranking of what you e played and paid?

Staying at Barcelo Grand south of Playa del Carmen

Just got back from staying in the Akumal area south of Playa del Carmen. Played Mayacoba which was very nice and in superb shape but also played Riviera Maya golf club at Bahia Principe which was a good track IMO. Not quite as good of shape as Mayacoba but a decent layout for sure. More tight off the tee than Mayacoba. Playa Paraiso is good too and your choice might depend on which one you're closer to for cab ride convenience and cost. Our cab ride from Akumal to Mayacoba was 35 mins and $50. 5 mins to Riviera Maya GC. So if you're closer to Mayacoba, play Paraiso.
  • Tha CarterTha Carter Members Posts: 20 ✭✭
    There is another recent post where I asked basically the same.

I am staying in Mayakoba end of February and have time for two rounds. I decided on El Camaleon (Mayakoba) and Riviera Maya golf club. Not sure when you're going but I can report back.

Booking a tee time at Maykoba was also a pain in the a**, and I'm even staying there.
  • Warren_g44Warren_g44 Gards_44 Members Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Already here. Played Inerostar Playa Paraiso today and it was awesome. Difficult getting out but worth it. Mayakoba Monday. Will keep you posted.
  • jeffyjeffmnjeffyjeffmn Members Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    monitoring as I will be staying at a house on the beach for a week starting 2/15. Let me know how it goes.
  • Warren_g44Warren_g44 Gards_44 Members Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Mayakoba. Wow. Play it.
  • Roadking2003Roadking2003 AustinMembers Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody playing Moon Palace?
  • TBD203TBD203 Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing moon palace next week. Have an early round booked every day Sunday - Wednesday. No clue how the course is, but coming from Connecticut it will seem like Augusta no matter what!
  • divebreckdivebreck Members Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Feb 11, 2019 1:14pm #10
    Iberostar playa paraiso is a great course!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Played 8 rounds @ Cozumel in 7 days, course is in great shape and the staff is awesome! Lots of crocs, javelinas and iguanas on the course. It is usually pretty empty after 1 if you want to do another 18, just don't leave the course between rounds.
  • mjfornmjforn Members Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    TBD203 wrote:

Playing moon palace next week. Have an early round booked every day Sunday - Wednesday. No clue how the course is, but coming from Connecticut it will seem like Augusta no matter what!

Well how was the course?

I'll be there 3-23 debating whether to take the clubs or not. My plan is to play 2 rounds. Was it easy to get a tee time?

. image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
    Matt

Callaway GBB Epic 9*

Callaway Rogue Graphite R-Flex 4-AW

Cleveland CBX 52*, 56*, 60*

Odyssey Works SS #1 Putter

Ammo:
    K 3s
    Titleist Tour Soft
    Titliest NXT s
    K Sigs (in the shag bag)

Leave a Comment