GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Coy M Swing Thread - Update 6/23/20

2»

Comments

• Coy MCoy M OG Baby Members  1209WRX Points: 122Posts: 1,209 Platinum Tees

Swing Video Update: Currently working on trying to get a proper hip turn back (right cheek feels like it's moving to target) and getting to my left side on the downswing (trying not to fire the right hip and load the left glute). I'm still losing my spine angle and coming into the ball way over plane. Right now I'm playing a nice fad when I strike it well, when I'm hitting it bad I'm hitting hossel rockets. Mostly having issues with the irons, my woods are actually really good right now. Thoughts?
    DTL

FO

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

Hello all, here's some still photos from the above video and a video from another day. I'm curious what you guys think of them and which do you think is better. The only thing different I feel like I'm doing is in (1) letting the right elbow "fly up" and on (2) feel like I'm keeping the elbow tucked. (Photos go from p4, p6, p7).
    Swing (1)

Swing (2)

Posted:

Here's some footage of me working on my swing today. Currently trying to get a good feel for shallowing the shaft in transition. Feels like no matter how much I work on it at the range and at home rehearsing the feels, I can't properly shallow the club when hitting a normal shot. I tend to have a steep shaft in transition and EE/tilt my shoulders back to shallow the shaft late in the swing. In the near future I plan to work with a instructor on a consistent basis and try to get my swing in a good place. Went from a 7 HC to a 4 in 2019 and would really like to get to a 1 or lower this year. Any feedback or comments are welcomed.

Posted:

I think one thing I'm not doing correctly is letting the left arm come off the chest in transition and getting the hands more out in front of me.

Posted:

Been working on the swing a decent amount the past 6 months. Took a few online lessons and finally took the leap to see someone in-person and it's really paying off. Started 2020 with a 4 handicap and it's down to a 1.2 as of now. Currently working on loading the trail leg more in the back swing while pivoting properly and not getting pressure into the lead foot too early. This has helped me stay on plane and even shallow the shaft in transition along with retaining some width in the downswing.

Picture on left is a 60% swing where I'm working on exaggerated feels which produces a lot better golf swing / Picture on the right is a 100% swing and as you can tell it's a lot worse.

I know I'm on the right track to improve my swing, I just need to get the reps in.

1st picture p4

2nd picture p5

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.