Ping i210 feels

lsf_21lsf_21 Members Posts: 1,866 ✭✭
Soooooo bought a set of Ping i210s played them around 10 rounds. I am coming from Ping iBlades and found these i210s to have a very clicky feel. No where near as soft feeling as my iblades or the i200s. Anyone else felt this way?
«1

Comments

  • agoodmanmbkagoodmanmbk Posts: 499 ✭✭
    edited Jan 24, 2019 6:17pm #2
    I have not.....but "clicky" is relative. What kind of club are you coming from previous to the i210? I only notice what I perceive to be a "click" on the i210 when I am hitting my 4 iron....off mats....with a single piece range ball.



    Edit: should have read your whole post before replying.....I had the i200s and the i210s feel softer. the click you may feel may be a cause of your shaft choice and/or grip choice possibly?
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70
    PING G400 3/19* Alta CB 70
    PING i210 4-UW Project X LZ
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 56*SS
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60*
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy
    TaylorMade TP5
  • lsf_21lsf_21 Members Posts: 1,866 ✭✭
    Could be. I got them used and they had the s300 120s which i have zero experience with and they had midsize superstroke grips (feel winn like). I have played regular s300 and c tapers mostly recently
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,606 ✭✭
    Shaft change can change feel



    Though I did find my Iblades felt very different from my s55's ... but again diff shafts

    Did either set have cushin inserts?
    Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu TI BB Matte 53x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* Mitsu Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway V-series Hwood Fuji TS 8.2s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fujikura 904HBs
    Ping Rapture 5-PW Aldila NV MLTi Pro105x
    Ping iWedge 50* Aldila NV 105x
    Ping Glide SS 53* & ES 59* Wrx SF125s
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    FWIW, I was disappointed with the clicky sound and feel off my G400 irons. I have been playing them since April and I don't notice it any more. The performance has made me immune to the sound/feel.
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    The Perfect Club 21*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    PING Eye 2 6-SW
    Scotty Fastback
  • BMuller23BMuller23 Members Posts: 234 ✭✭
    Feel is subjective so everyone’s got their own opinion and interpretation. My experience with the i210 is that they are definitely softer feeling that the i200, but I also noticed that the iE1s I’m coming from feel softer than the i200 to me as well. Ordering a set of i210 in the next couple weeks.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G400 Max 10.5* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G25 4W 16.5* Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G25 3H 20* Aldila VS Proto 85S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping iE1 4-UW Nippon Pro Modus 105S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM5 54* S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 60* D[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bettinardi BB0[/font]
  • bkirkley09bkirkley09 Members Posts: 357 ✭✭
    I think this is a product of the ball you are playing as I have no click sound upon impact and the feel is as soft as butter. What ball are you playing with?

    PING G400 Max 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD BB 6X
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3W, Oban Devotion 7x
    Callaway Epic Flash 5W, Smoke 80g 6.5
    Ping I210 4-PW, DG 120 S300
    Ping Glide Stealth, 50ss, 54ss, 58ss, AWT Wedge Flex
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Moto, 33"

  • lsf_21lsf_21 Members Posts: 1,866 ✭✭
    I play mostly Chrome Softs. I also have played many clubs and currently have my iblades back in the bag and I also have a set of Adams MB2s i toss in the bag time to time. I know what irons feel like. I can say for certain something in this combination of i210s s300 120s and the superstroke grips had a clicky type feel.
  • leftylamaleftylama Members Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Thought the I200 were a bit clicky, less so the I210.
  • leftycabeleftycabe IowaClubWRX Posts: 49 ClubWRX
    I’ve had the iblades, i200s and have recently moved to the i210s. To me, the i210s have been the softest of all. I have the KBS S+ shafts with Cushin inserts (same set up as the i200’s) and these feel softer to me. It might be worth verifying the authenticity through PING to make sure you didn’t stumble upon a a counterfeit set. Not saying you bought them from a scammer, they might not have known. Happened to my brother with an Odyssey putter before.
  • BCULAWBCULAW Orlando, FLMembers Posts: 3,641 ✭✭
    Slap some lead tape on one of them and see if it improves feel. If it does, send them to ping for a bit higher swing weight.
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers Posts: 7,706 ✭✭
    WOW OP! I have found the 210s the softest cast clubs I have ever hit! Not clicky at all to me. 760, Apex Pro, AP2s seem clicky to me, but soft impact.
    Bag under construction

    Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly
  • blarkin97blarkin97 Members Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited Jan 25, 2019 8:21am #13
    I don't find them to be clicky feeling at all compared to some of the other newer irons I've hit. One of the big reasons why I didn't order Titleist or Callaway irons. Every time I hit those irons I can't get past the click feel. Now I'm thinking it could just be the shaft in the demo clubs.



    I will say if I didn't have i210's I would be buying Cobra Forged TEC irons as those feel the same if not better than the i210's in my opinion
    PING G400 9* Stiff
    Callaway XR 16 3W 15*
    Adams Idea Super 3H 19*
    PING i210 AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Cleveland CBX 54* & 58* TT Wedge Flex

    Odyssey O-Works Black 1 34" OR O-Works Black #3T 34"
  • MaximilianMaximilian Members Posts: 1,336 ✭✭
    lsf_21 wrote:


    Could be. I got them used and they had the s300 120s which i have zero experience with and they had midsize superstroke grips (feel winn like). I have played regular s300 and c tapers mostly recently




    I find the i210 soft and very pleasant. I do have the s300 120 shafts in a set of Mizuno MP-25’s, and I always thought those clubs felt hard and not very Mizuno-like to me. I never questioned it could be the shafts, but after reading your post here at made me wonder if they might have something to do with it?
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,639 ✭✭
    lsf_21 wrote:


    Soooooo bought a set of Ping i210s played them around 10 rounds. I am coming from Ping iBlades and found these i210s to have a very clicky feel. No where near as soft feeling as my iblades or the i200s. Anyone else felt this way?




    Same, not as soft, and actually less forgiving than iBlades. However, that is all personal preference, and everyone's "feels" are different.
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,065 ✭✭
    bkirkley09 wrote:


    I think this is a product of the ball you are playing as I have no click sound upon impact and the feel is as soft as butter. What ball are you playing with?




    I agree. When I had these for a few months the sound/feel with range balls was completely different from on course with prov1 and 1x
  • bkirkley09bkirkley09 Members Posts: 357 ✭✭
    edited Jan 25, 2019 9:24am #17
    GoGoErky wrote:

    bkirkley09 wrote:


    I think this is a product of the ball you are playing as I have no click sound upon impact and the feel is as soft as butter. What ball are you playing with?




    I agree. When I had these for a few months the sound/feel with range balls was completely different from on course with prov1 and 1x




    Even across the Titleist range you will have different feel as the Prov1x was a little clicky with the dg 120 s300 but the avx had no click at all. I can only imaging a hard ball would increase that feeling tenfold. I will say the great feel of the irons is what allows you to tell the subtle differences between the balls put into play. When I had 718 ap1s i could play a top flight or avx and they felt the same off the club face which I hated as they were all clicky. So I would experiment with some different ball types with varying compression levels until you find the feel that you prefer with the spin and flight you prefer that also suits your game.

    PING G400 Max 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD BB 6X
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3W, Oban Devotion 7x
    Callaway Epic Flash 5W, Smoke 80g 6.5
    Ping I210 4-PW, DG 120 S300
    Ping Glide Stealth, 50ss, 54ss, 58ss, AWT Wedge Flex
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Moto, 33"

  • wam78wam78 Members Posts: 281 ✭✭
    BCULAW wrote:


    Slap some lead tape on one of them and see if it improves feel. If it does, send them to ping for a bit higher swing weight.




    ^^^This. Swing weight can make a big difference.
    Driver: Bridgestone j715 B5 9* GD Tour AD MJ 6s
    Fairway: 816 Alpha 15* GD Tour AD MJ 7s
    Fairway: 816 Alpha 18* Fubuki zt 70s
    OR
    Driving Iron: Mizuno MP H5 2i GD Tour AD 95s Utility Shaft
    Irons: 4-pw Bridgestone Tour B X-CB Modus 120s
    Wedges: Bridgestone j15 51* Modus 120s, 55* Modus 125 wedge, j40 60* Modus 125 wedge
    Putter: Bettinardi bb32 *2010 model
  • I absolutely love mine! I have the KBS CTaper lite shafts in them and the feel is incredible. They sound and feel much better to me than the iBlades.
    PING G400 Max 10.5 Tour 65 s
    PING G400 SFT 16 3 Wood Tour 75 s
    PING G400 19 3 Hybrid Tour 85 s
    PING I210 4-P KBS Tour C-Taper Lite s
    PING Glide 2.0 50(ss) 54(es) 60(es) AWT Wedge
    PING Vault 2.0 B60
  • dhen9dhen9 Members Posts: 631 ✭✭
    Without a fitting can the forum tell me what no charge shaft would be the highest spinning mid weight.
  • SCOTT4099SCOTT4099 Members Posts: 978 ✭✭
    GoGoErky wrote:

    bkirkley09 wrote:


    I think this is a product of the ball you are playing as I have no click sound upon impact and the feel is as soft as butter. What ball are you playing with?




    I agree. When I had these for a few months the sound/feel with range balls was completely different from on course with prov1 and 1x




    +1, I hit range rocks off the mat and the sound/feel is different on the course. I have the i200s with dg s300, fwiw....
    Callaway epic 9.0
    Cobra bio cell 3/4
    Ping G 19 degree hybrid
    Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105
    Callaway MD3 54/58 wedges
    Cleveland HB soft 11 putter 35
  • dave williedave willie Posts: 793 ✭✭
    Clicky? My experience is that weird sounds from clubs are generated from toe hits. When I hit my i210s on the toe, they don't sound as good as a pure strike.
    Titleist 917 D3 10.5 Diamana Ltd S+ Blue 70-S
    Cobra Bio Cell 3/4 wood PXv 6.0
    Cleveland Hi-Bore 19 hybrid
    Ping i210 4-PW AWT 2.0 R
    Cleveland 588 50*, 54* & 60*
    Cameron Mil-Spec & Del Mar 2 Tei
  • dhen9 wrote:


    Without a fitting can the forum tell me what no charge shaft would be the highest spinning mid weight.




    Probably the AWT 2.0
    PING G400 Max 10.5 Tour 65 s
    PING G400 SFT 16 3 Wood Tour 75 s
    PING G400 19 3 Hybrid Tour 85 s
    PING I210 4-P KBS Tour C-Taper Lite s
    PING Glide 2.0 50(ss) 54(es) 60(es) AWT Wedge
    PING Vault 2.0 B60
  • rxk9fanrxk9fan Posts: 731 ✭✭
    I played them for a few weeks and was not a fan of the feel. Always relative to what you have experienced.

    I thought they looked FANTASTIC but my perception of how they felt was not favorable. I had them shafted with Modus 105 which usually feels pretty good to me!
    Mizuno 190ST with Tensei Blue Stiff
    Taylormade M4 tour 3 wood with stiff [font=arial, sans-serif]Oban Kiyoshi[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Tour Limited[/font]
    Cobra Baffler 6 with UST Elements Stiff
    Srixon U65 4i with SteelFiber R
    Mizuno Hot Metal Pro with Recoil F4
    Vokey 58, 54, 50
    Taylormade Spider X

    I am thinking about playing golf next year instead of HOing clubs!
  • leftylamaleftylama Members Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I really love the look of these and the performance, but they didn't feel good enough to warrant trading the P770's.
  • Pi5seekerPi5seeker Posts: 831 ✭✭
    I think they feel great but my fitter claims they have too much offset. I compared them to 919F and a Z585/Z785 set.
    Cobra F8 10.5* Evenflow Blue
    Cobra F8 5-6 17* Evenflow Blue
    Cobra F8 Hybrid 19* Smacwrap
    Cobra King Utility 22.5* C-Taper Lite
    Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
    Bridgestone XW-1 56* 60* Spinner
    Odyssey Works Versa 1W
    Z-Star
    Clicgear 3.5/Cobra King Ultradry
  • RJ_MJ_JJRJ_MJ_JJ Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

    @lsf_21 said:
    I play mostly Chrome Softs. I also have played many clubs and currently have my iblades back in the bag and I also have a set of Adams MB2s i toss in the bag time to time. I know what irons feel like. I can say for certain something in this combination of i210s s300 120s and the superstroke grips had a clicky type feel.

    IMO - Chrome Softs are really clicky relative to a ProV1x or even a B330. Could be the ball/club combo.

    GHIN = ~5
    -WITB-
    DRIVER: Cobra F7+ set to 8.5* w/ Tensei Blue 70x
    DRIVING IRON: Mizuno FLI HI 3i (bent to 17.5*) w/ KBS C Taper Lite 115x
    IRONS: Ping i20 Irons 3-P w/ KBS C Taper 130x
    WEDGES: Vokey SM7 Wedges, 50, 54, 58
    PUTTER: Ping Sigma G KUSHIN w/ lots of lead tape
    BALL: Bridgestone Tour B330
    GRIPS: Winn DriTac

  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,639 ✭✭

    Currently gaming the iBlades, the i210's are significantly clickier (harder) to me than the iBlades. I thought about gaming a combo set, but the difference between the two in terms of feel was just too jarring to pull the trigger. Even the i200's (one of my former gamers) felt better to me than the i210's, but the shaft is important to the overall feel, but they won't affect sound off the face in my experience.

    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • lsf_21lsf_21 Members Posts: 1,866 ✭✭

    I ended up with a 2nd set of i210s with Project X LZ with golf pride cord grips. These felt a lot better than the set did with DG S300 120s with the midsize SuperStroke grips. Not sure what threw those off but they felt super clicky. Both sets I would agree were more clicky than the iBlades.

  • TommyjTommyj Members Posts: 335 ✭✭

    @Maximilian said:
    lsf_21 wrote:

    Could be. I got them used and they had the s300 120s which i have zero experience with and they had midsize superstroke grips (feel winn like). I have played regular s300 and c tapers mostly recently

    I find the i210 soft and very pleasant. I do have the s300 120 shafts in a set of Mizuno MP-25’s, and I always thought those clubs felt hard and not very Mizuno-like to me. I never questioned it could be the shafts, but after reading your post here at made me wonder if they might have something to do with it?

    I always found the MP25 to have a firmer feel than non-boron MP irons. Definitely don't think its the DG 120 shafts, they're probably not quite as smooth as standard DG but shouldn't be producing a harsh feel.

  • indianalawnguyindianalawnguy Members Posts: 409 ✭✭

    @leftycabe said:
    I’ve had the iblades, i200s and have recently moved to the i210s. To me, the i210s have been the softest of all. I have the KBS S+ shafts with Cushin inserts (same set up as the i200’s) and these feel softer to me. It might be worth verifying the authenticity through PING to make sure you didn’t stumble upon a a counterfeit set. Not saying you bought them from a scammer, they might not have known. Happened to my brother with an Odyssey putter before.

    I agree with this ^^^^^^
    Clickiest from least clicky to most clicky
    1. I210
    2. Iblade
    3. I200
    Would also say ball has alot to do with it. Any iron will feel clicky or hard if you are playing "rocks"!

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.