Odyssey StrokeLab Grip

I was wondering if anyone could better answer whether changing the standard grip to Odyssey's new Strokelab models would significantly alter the performance of the club. Odyssey's videos and pre-release statements seem to indicate the grip is an integral part to the putter itself yet I have seen some tour pros with their grip of choice instead of the standard one. Can anyone better answer this?

Comments

• Adam CAdam C Members Posts: 423 ✭✭
    It's just a grip. If you like the feel and weight, that's what matters. I personally don't like any of the Odyssey made for grips other than the old Lamkin Crossline so I would be dumping that Strokelab grip right from the get go. But again personal preference. Don't buy the hype.
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,489 ClubWRX
    edited Jan 25, 2019 1:54pm #3
    WRX did an interview with Sean about these, explained it a bit better. The weight is in the shaft, so ideally you just want to keep your grip weight in the same ballpark as what you ordered it with.

I think that is the simple answer.

Interview: http://www.golfwrx.com/539654/watch-sean-toulon-on-what-golfers-arent-good-at-and-how-technology-tries-to-help/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Blogroll_Home&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=unused
    Epic 9* Pro Orange 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X