Odyssey StrokeLab Grip

mjp7798 ·  
mjp7798mjp7798 Members  1WRX Points: 0Handicap: +0.4Posts: 1
I was wondering if anyone could better answer whether changing the standard grip to Odyssey's new Strokelab models would significantly alter the performance of the club. Odyssey's videos and pre-release statements seem to indicate the grip is an integral part to the putter itself yet I have seen some tour pros with their grip of choice instead of the standard one. Can anyone better answer this?
Posted:

Comments

• Adam CAdam C Members  837WRX Points: 445Handicap: 4Posts: 837 Golden Tee
    It's just a grip. If you like the feel and weight, that's what matters. I personally don't like any of the Odyssey made for grips other than the old Lamkin Crossline so I would be dumping that Strokelab grip right from the get go. But again personal preference. Don't buy the hype.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11553WRX Points: 1,358Handicap: 7Posts: 11,553 ClubWRX
    WRX did an interview with Sean about these, explained it a bit better. The weight is in the shaft, so ideally you just want to keep your grip weight in the same ballpark as what you ordered it with.<br />
    <br />
    I think that is the simple answer.<br />
    <br />
    Interview: http://www.golfwrx.com/539654/watch-sean-toulon-on-what-golfers-arent-good-at-and-how-technology-tries-to-help/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Blogroll_Home&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=unused
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 6
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 -Ventus black 7
    Rogue SZ 5w HZRDUS 
    Mavrik 7w smoke 80
    Mavrik Pro TT Elevate
    MD5 53/58
    Odyssey SL Black Rossie 
    TM TP5X pix

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.