2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

Comments

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***  31952WRX Points: 1,703Members Posts: 31,952 Titanium Tees
    gjlang76 wrote:

Beautiful, love the sharp lines. Can't stop looking at these. Even the numbering font is **** (finally Ping!)

Does anybody know the finish on these?

Hydro pearl finish?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan...  8014WRX Points: 570Members Posts: 8,014 Titanium Tees

gjlang76 wrote:

Beautiful, love the sharp lines. Can't stop looking at these. Even the numbering font is **** (finally Ping!)

Hydro pearl finish?

You'd think but, as someone mentioned, looks more starshot.
    Posted:
    PING G400 Max 10.5° (-)
    (fw tbd)
    PING G410 19° (F-)
    PING i25 22°, 26°
    Callaway XHP 6-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    PING Scottsdale TR B60, 34.5"
    Srixon Z-Star Yellow
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolina 30086WRX Points: 6,449Handicap: NONEMembers Posts: 30,086 Titanium Tees
    lawsonman wrote:

It is so interesting how people can look at the same thing and have such different opinions.

I think they are horrible. The overall shape, the protruding lower toe area, and the odd upward jog in the muscle down by the toe just do not work for me. Yuck.

Hey, some people think Ferrari's are ugly cars. I think the Pings are knockdown gorgeous.

Ferrari is an ugly car. Lol. Compared the it’s paterfamilias the Ford Gt-40.
    Posted:
    TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 

• Big BenBig Ben  9301WRX Points: 483Handicap: 5Members Posts: 9,301 Titanium Tees

gjlang76 wrote:

Hydro pearl finish?
    Thats a good question, as sad as it may be that’s a deal breaker. I sold my i210’s due to this finish, hated it
    Posted:
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • DMartiniDMartini at home on the range 98WRX Points: 54Members Posts: 98 Fairways
    they really do look great, that 7 looks magic.

so come on ... who's going to volunteer to buy that 2i with a DG X100 or KBS C Taper X in it?
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on

• wobgonwobgon  7815WRX Points: 556Members Posts: 7,815 Titanium Tees

It is so interesting how people can look at the same thing and have such different opinions.

I think they are horrible. The overall shape, the protruding lower toe area, and the odd upward jog in the muscle down by the toe just do not work for me. Yuck.

I would not say they are horrible, I think they look nice but am having trouble seeing what others are seeing......I want to try these, but certainly don't put them anywhere near the top as far as best looking blades I have seen.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, Illinois 6132WRX Points: 1,412Handicap: 10Members Posts: 6,132 Titanium Tees
    wobgon wrote:

I would not say they are horrible, I think they look nice but am having trouble seeing what others are seeing......I want to try these, but certainly don't put them anywhere near the top as far as best looking blades I have seen.

I think much of it is the fact that this is such a drastic change for us Ping diehards . As a mostly Ping player for the last 30 years I never thought I'd see the day Ping would come out with something like this.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Ping Anser 17,20,23,27 Hybrids 
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X

Just because your offended doesn't mean you're right
  • ZAPZAP  1676WRX Points: 215Handicap: 4ClubWRX Posts: 1,676 ClubWRX
    Never gave Ping much of a thought until recently to be honest. Always have been a Callaway guy until my last few order debacles so I am done with them. Dabbled with Cobra MBs and I just did not like the longer irons in CB for some reason. First I was enticed by the i210s then the iBlades and now the Blueprint. Now I catch myself looking at the G400 too.

As of now I see myself finding a gently used set of iBlades and playing them for a couple year or so while I save up for Blueprints.

Could see myself playing 4-6 iBlades and 7-PW Blueprint at some point as well.

Just tore down the upper cabinets in my kitchen today so cash will be a little tight for a little while. Kitchens cabinets are not cheap even when you install yourself.
    Posted:
  • IHFNIHFN  1801WRX Points: 133Members Posts: 1,801 Platinum Tees
    There aren't many better feelings in golf than puring a blade 3 iron, but I'm guessing puring that 2 iron would be one of them. I wouldn't play them all the time, but I'd love to try it for fun.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
    TM M5 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5 
    Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
    Cobra King MB/CB '19 - KBS $-Taper Stiff
    TM High Toe 52 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
    TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
    TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
    TM Spider X
  • RobS14526RobS14526  1163WRX Points: 273Members Posts: 1,163 Platinum Tees
    lawsonman wrote:

wobgon wrote:

I think much of it is the fact that this is such a drastic change for us Ping diehards . As a mostly Ping player for the last 30 years I never thought I'd see the day Ping would come out with something like this.

But if a Ping diehard was looking for a forged muscle back, they wouldn’t be a Ping diehard. ��
    Posted:
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, Illinois 6132WRX Points: 1,412Handicap: 10Members Posts: 6,132 Titanium Tees
    RobS14526 wrote:

lawsonman wrote:

wobgon wrote:

But if a Ping diehard was looking for a forged muscle back, they wouldn’t be a Ping diehard. ��

image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
    Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X

Advertisement
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolina 30086WRX Points: 6,449Handicap: NONEMembers Posts: 30,086 Titanium Tees
    RobS14526 wrote:

lawsonman wrote:

wobgon wrote:

Wont be able to say that going forward.
    Posted:
    TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 

• RobS14526RobS14526  1163WRX Points: 273Members Posts: 1,163 Platinum Tees

RobS14526 wrote:

lawsonman wrote:

wobgon wrote:

Wont be able to say that going forward.

I was mostly joking. I’m looking forward to seeing more of these just like everyone else. Any word on if they will be 8620 like the Glide Forged and previous Ansers?
    Posted:
  • A.G. Pennypacker A.G. Pennypacker  489WRX Points: 76Members Posts: 489 Greens

I'm with you. And as a former i10, then 2013 Anser owner I'm certainly not anti-ping. And I currently play BBs, so I'm also not against demanding clubs.

There's just something about these... the more I look at them, the less I like them. Don't like the topline, don't like the muscle shape, really don't like the toe screw... just nothing about them does it for me.
    Posted:
  • RohlioRohlio  2456WRX Points: 298Members Posts: 2,456 Platinum Tees
    My gawd... So beautiful! If they made a one length version I would buy them in a heartbeat... As an added bonus a lot of wrxers heads would explode!
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
    FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
    Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
    Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
    Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle
  • sleezytsleezyt  374WRX Points: 43Handicap: 3Members Posts: 374 Greens
    Will be the first set ill buy new since the nike cci forged... please come to retail. These look production ready.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • EzgolferEzgolfer  3173WRX Points: 146Members Posts: 3,173 Titanium Tees
    Release date ??
    Posted:
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, CO 1657WRX Points: 467Handicap: 1.2Members Posts: 1,657 Platinum Tees

I'm with you. And as a former i10, then 2013 Anser owner I'm certainly not anti-ping. And I currently play BBs, so I'm also not against demanding clubs.

There's just something about these... the more I look at them, the less I like them. Don't like the topline, don't like the muscle shape, really don't like the toe screw... just nothing about them does it for me.
    Other than they have a perfect shape at address image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I know I know
    Posted:
    Ping 410 Plus, 9*, Mitsubishi PO 70TX
    Ping G, 14.5*, Mitsubishi PO 80TX
    TaylorMade M3 20* Hybrid, Kuro Kage XT 100TX
    Taylormade P.7TW, 4-W, DG TI X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 Raw, 52-mid, 56-mid, and 60-low, DG TI S400
    Titleist Cameron Newport 2 Timeless 
    2019 ProV1
  • Breezy-3-Breezy-3-  432WRX Points: 125Handicap: 6Members Posts: 432 Greens
    Man these things are beautiful! Well done Ping!
    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* Ventus Black 6X
    Taylormade M3 3HL Ventus Black 7X
    Titleist 915h 3H AD DI 105X
    Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-9 Nippon Modus 120x
    Mizuno T20 46* & 50* Nippon Modus 120x
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 54* & 58* Raw 
    Piretti Matera Elite
    Taylormade TP5
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***  31952WRX Points: 1,703Members Posts: 31,952 Titanium Tees
    Ezgolfer wrote:

Release date ??

Not soon enough...
    Posted:
  • jordanrookiejordanrookie USA 174WRX Points: 63Handicap: 1Members Posts: 174 Fairways
    Am I the last person to figure out that these are not even minimally hollow/foam-injected?

Posted:

Advertisement

Am I the last person to figure out that these are not even minimally hollow/foam-injected?

Yes. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X

• ForeleftForeleft  2233WRX Points: 332Members Posts: 2,233 Platinum Tees
    cz13X4 wrote:

I'd play that 2 all day

Probably have to. It would take all day to get it to the hole.��
    Posted:
  • otwotw Doug Ferreri  346WRX Points: 113Members Posts: 346 Greens
    Ezgolfer wrote:

Release date ??
    At the PGA show one of their engineers said summer is the target release,
    Posted:
    "Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA

www.dougferreri.com
  • chris975dchris975d Georgia 2033WRX Points: 240ClubWRX Posts: 2,033 ClubWRX
    Ezgolfer wrote:

Release date ??

Should be in June.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
    chris975d wrote:

Ezgolfer wrote:

Release date ??

Should be in June.

I heard the same for the G410 LST
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • chris975dchris975d Georgia 2033WRX Points: 240ClubWRX Posts: 2,033 ClubWRX
    chris975d wrote:

Ezgolfer wrote:

Release date ??

Should be in June.

I heard the same for the G410 LST

I've heard nothing yet on the LST. There should be another release around the same time as the Blueprints though...
    Posted:
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • cz13X4cz13X4  5701WRX Points: 213Members Posts: 5,701 Titanium Tees
    Foreleft wrote:

cz13X4 wrote:

I'd play that 2 all day

Probably have to. It would take all day to get it to the hole.��

yeah.....
    Posted:
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, Florida 2419WRX Points: 653Handicap: 0.9Members Posts: 2,419 Platinum Tees
    Just think, in the TW irons versus Blueprint thread some considered these not to be blades...
    Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tensei Orange
    3 Wood: Titleist TS2 w/HZRDUS Smoke
    Hybrid: Titleist 718 H2 w/Atmos Blue TS 
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and 58
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Bridgestone XS

Advertisement
  • Seth PistolSeth Pistol  373WRX Points: 82Handicap: +35Members Posts: 373 Greens
    easyyy wrote:

I am thinking 4-6 i500 retro lofts and then 7-pw Blueprint. Might do the 6 iron in Blueprint.

thinking the same exact thing
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.