2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

Comments

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    gjlang76 wrote:

Beautiful, love the sharp lines. Can't stop looking at these. Even the numbering font is **** (finally Ping!)

Does anybody know the finish on these?

Hydro pearl finish?
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... Members Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

gjlang76 wrote:

Beautiful, love the sharp lines. Can't stop looking at these. Even the numbering font is **** (finally Ping!)

Hydro pearl finish?

You'd think but, as someone mentioned, looks more starshot.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,541 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    lawsonman wrote:

It is so interesting how people can look at the same thing and have such different opinions.

I think they are horrible. The overall shape, the protruding lower toe area, and the odd upward jog in the muscle down by the toe just do not work for me. Yuck.

Hey, some people think Ferrari's are ugly cars. I think the Pings are knockdown gorgeous.

Ferrari is an ugly car. Lol. Compared the it’s paterfamilias the Ford Gt-40.
    Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights 

• Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,135 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

gjlang76 wrote:

Hydro pearl finish?
    Thats a good question, as sad as it may be that’s a deal breaker. I sold my i210’s due to this finish, hated it
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • DMartiniDMartini at home on the rangeMembers Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited Jan 26, 2019 10:17pm #36
    they really do look great, that 7 looks magic.

so come on ... who's going to volunteer to buy that 2i with a DG X100 or KBS C Taper X in it?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • wobgonwobgon Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It is so interesting how people can look at the same thing and have such different opinions.

I think they are horrible. The overall shape, the protruding lower toe area, and the odd upward jog in the muscle down by the toe just do not work for me. Yuck.

I would not say they are horrible, I think they look nice but am having trouble seeing what others are seeing......I want to try these, but certainly don't put them anywhere near the top as far as best looking blades I have seen.
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Freeport, IllinoisMembers Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    wobgon wrote:

I would not say they are horrible, I think they look nice but am having trouble seeing what others are seeing......I want to try these, but certainly don't put them anywhere near the top as far as best looking blades I have seen.

I think much of it is the fact that this is such a drastic change for us Ping diehards . As a mostly Ping player for the last 30 years I never thought I'd see the day Ping would come out with something like this.
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • ZAPZAP ClubWRX Posts: 1,622 ClubWRX
    Never gave Ping much of a thought until recently to be honest. Always have been a Callaway guy until my last few order debacles so I am done with them. Dabbled with Cobra MBs and I just did not like the longer irons in CB for some reason. First I was enticed by the i210s then the iBlades and now the Blueprint. Now I catch myself looking at the G400 too.

As of now I see myself finding a gently used set of iBlades and playing them for a couple year or so while I save up for Blueprints.

Could see myself playing 4-6 iBlades and 7-PW Blueprint at some point as well.

Just tore down the upper cabinets in my kitchen today so cash will be a little tight for a little while. Kitchens cabinets are not cheap even when you install yourself.
  • IHFNIHFN Members Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    There aren't many better feelings in golf than puring a blade 3 iron, but I'm guessing puring that 2 iron would be one of them. I wouldn't play them all the time, but I'd love to try it for fun.
    Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
    Exotics EX10 Beta 16.5 Rogue Max 75 x-stiff
    Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
    Fourteen FH-1000 4-PW Steelfiber 95i Stiff
    TM High Toe 52 Steelfiber 95 Stiff
    TM High Toe 58 Steelfiber 110 Stiff
    TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
    Odyssey EXO Indy S
  • RobS14526RobS14526 Members Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    lawsonman wrote:

wobgon wrote:

I think much of it is the fact that this is such a drastic change for us Ping diehards . As a mostly Ping player for the last 30 years I never thought I'd see the day Ping would come out with something like this.

But if a Ping diehard was looking for a forged muscle back, they wouldn’t be a Ping diehard. ��
    RobS14526 wrote:

lawsonman wrote:

wobgon wrote:

But if a Ping diehard was looking for a forged muscle back, they wouldn’t be a Ping diehard. ��

image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

Ping G400 9°
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,541 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jan 26, 2019 5:33pm #43
    RobS14526 wrote:

lawsonman wrote:

wobgon wrote:

Wont be able to say that going forward.
    Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights 

• RobS14526RobS14526 Members Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

RobS14526 wrote:

lawsonman wrote:

wobgon wrote:

Wont be able to say that going forward.

I was mostly joking. I’m looking forward to seeing more of these just like everyone else. Any word on if they will be 8620 like the Glide Forged and previous Ansers?
  • A.G. Pennypacker A.G. Pennypacker Members Posts: 487 ✭✭

I'm with you. And as a former i10, then 2013 Anser owner I'm certainly not anti-ping. And I currently play BBs, so I'm also not against demanding clubs.

There's just something about these... the more I look at them, the less I like them. Don't like the topline, don't like the muscle shape, really don't like the toe screw... just nothing about them does it for me.
  • RohlioRohlio Members Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    My gawd... So beautiful! If they made a one length version I would buy them in a heartbeat... As an added bonus a lot of wrxers heads would explode!
    WITB:
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
    FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
    Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
    Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
    Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle
  • sleezytsleezyt Members Posts: 373 ✭✭✭✭
    Will be the first set ill buy new since the nike cci forged... please come to retail. These look production ready.
  • EzgolferEzgolfer Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Release date ??
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, COMembers Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with you. And as a former i10, then 2013 Anser owner I'm certainly not anti-ping. And I currently play BBs, so I'm also not against demanding clubs.

There's just something about these... the more I look at them, the less I like them. Don't like the topline, don't like the muscle shape, really don't like the toe screw... just nothing about them does it for me.
    Other than they have a perfect shape at address image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I know I know
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero TD - 9* HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 - 70
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero - 15* HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 - 80
    TaylorMade M3 20* Hybrid, Kuro Kage XT 100TX
    Callaway Razr X MB, 4-W, PX 6.5
    Cleveland RTX 4 Raw, 52-mid, 56-mid, and 60-low
    Titleist Cameron Newport 2 Timeless 
    2019 ProV1
  • Breezy-3-Breezy-3- Members Posts: 333 ✭✭✭✭
    Man these things are beautiful! Well done Ping!
    Ping G410 LST 9* Kuro Kage DC XT 70TX
    Taylormade M3 3HL Kuro Kage DC XT 80TX
    Titleist 915h 3H AD DI 105X
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 4-9 Nippon Modus 120x
    Titleist Vokey SM6 46* Nippon Modus 120x
    Cleveland RTX4 50 Mid, 54* Mid & 58* Mid TT TI s400
    Piretti Matera Elite
    Taylormade TP5
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezgolfer wrote:

Release date ??

Not soon enough...
  • jordanrookiejordanrookie USAMembers Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    Am I the last person to figure out that these are not even minimally hollow/foam-injected?

Am I the last person to figure out that these are not even minimally hollow/foam-injected?

Yes. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Ping G400 9°
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • ForeleftForeleft Members Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    cz13X4 wrote:

I'd play that 2 all day

Probably have to. It would take all day to get it to the hole.��
  • otwotw Doug Ferreri Members Posts: 326 ✭✭✭✭
    Ezgolfer wrote:

Release date ??
    At the PGA show one of their engineers said summer is the target release,
    "Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA

www.paulbertholy.com

www.dougferreri.com
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,933 ClubWRX
    Ezgolfer wrote:

Release date ??

Should be in June.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
    chris975d wrote:

Ezgolfer wrote:

Release date ??

Should be in June.

I heard the same for the G410 LST
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,933 ClubWRX
    chris975d wrote:

Ezgolfer wrote:

Release date ??

Should be in June.

I heard the same for the G410 LST

I've heard nothing yet on the LST. There should be another release around the same time as the Blueprints though...
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • cz13X4cz13X4 Members Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Foreleft wrote:

cz13X4 wrote:

I'd play that 2 all day

Probably have to. It would take all day to get it to the hole.��

yeah.....
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just think, in the TW irons versus Blueprint thread some considered these not to be blades...
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • Seth PistolSeth Pistol Members Posts: 360 ✭✭✭✭
    easyyy wrote:

I am thinking 4-6 i500 retro lofts and then 7-pw Blueprint. Might do the 6 iron in Blueprint.

thinking the same exact thing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file