GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

Comments

• jblough99jblough99 Members  1066WRX Points: 292Posts: 1,066 Platinum Tees

For those of you playing the Blueprints, what wedges are playing? Is there a wedge that blends better and doesn’t look massive next the the PW? Glide 2.0, 3.0, Glide Forged, or another brand?
    Just recently picked up a set of I210s to try out but have always been a blade guy and am already looking to scratch the itch with some Blueprints.

Posted:
    Driver - SIM 10.5* (turned down to 8.5*) Ventus Black 7X
    Fairway - SIM Titanium 19* (turned down to 17*) Ventus Black 9X
    Irons - 2019 Cobra King Forged MB 5-GW KBS $-Taper 130X
    Sand Wedge - Cobra MIM Black 56.10 Versatile KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125
    Lob Wedge - Cobra MIM Black 60.04 Widelow KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125 
    Putter - Tour Issue Odyssey Protype PT12

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • t8ert8er Members  683WRX Points: 104Handicap: 2Posts: 683 Golden Tee

On -, @jblough99 said:

For those of you playing the Blueprints, what wedges are playing? Is there a wedge that blends better and doesn’t look massive next the the PW? Glide 2.0, 3.0, Glide Forged, or another brand?
    Just recently picked up a set of I210s to try out but have always been a blade guy and am already looking to scratch the itch with some Blueprints.

I'm using the Glide Forged wedges with my Blueprints. They have a great feel and blend well.

Posted:
    Ping 410 Plus Velicore 7S
    Ping 410 14.5 HZRDUS Hulk 6.5
    Ping 410 17.5 ATX Tour Proto
    Ping 410 22 Hybrid Tensei Pro TX
    Ping i210 3-PW Modus 3 120X
    Ping Glide Forged 50/55/60 Modus 125 Wedge
    Ping Blueprint 4-PW
    TM R7 Forged 3-PW
    Mizuno MP64 3-PW
    Scotty Cameron X5
    Evnroll ER1.2
    Evnroll Outback
    Ping Sigma Tyne 1 and 4
    Scotty Cameron Newport Oil Can 33/350
  • JakeW13JakeW13 Members  133WRX Points: 142Handicap: 4.1Posts: 133 Fairways

On -, @jblough99 said:

On -, @jblough99 said:

I went with the Cleveland RTX gap wedge which transitions well from my Blueprint PW to my CBX wedges.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus, 9 Degrees Flat setting, Weight in Toe, Accra TZ5 65 M5
    FW: Titleist TS2 3W, 15 Degrees, Graphite Design Tour AD Blue 75 X
    3 Iron: Taylormade P790s, Nippon Pro Modus Tour 105S
    4-PW: Ping Blueprint, Red Dot Power Spec, DG 120 S300
    50: Cleveland RTX DG S400
    56&60: Callaway MD3
    Putter: Taylormade Spider X Navy 34"
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 (2019)
  • jmkenn0jmkenn0 Members  822WRX Points: 157Posts: 822 Golden Tee

Vokeys for me, but they are black so it's a pretty different look no matter what.

Posted:
  • Big BenBig Ben Members  9353WRX Points: 523Handicap: 5Posts: 9,353 Titanium Tees

On -, @lawsonman said:

On -, @Big Ben said:

I hate that HydroPearl finish! It’s bogus

You'd be wrong.

I don’t even have to listen I don’t like it.

Posted:
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1

So my next question which is directed at Ping, why is there no fitting head for the blueprints?!?!?!? I’m not going to drop this kind of money on an iron that I can only try with DG 120 S300’s. I know a lot of ppl will say someone looking at this iron will already know what shaft they like but come on Ping.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • craz-ecraz-e Members  4424WRX Points: 502Handicap: 3Posts: 4,424 Titanium Tees

On -, @jblough99 said:

So my next question which is directed at Ping, why is there no fitting head for the blueprints?!?!?!? I’m not going to drop this kind of money on an iron that I can only try with DG 120 S300’s. I know a lot of ppl will say someone looking at this iron will already know what shaft they like but come on Ping.

Very valid point!
    I guess they don’t believe it’s going to be a massive seller, shame would love to try it with the usual fitting options

Posted:
    Driver = Taylormade SIM 7* Hzrdus green 6.0
    4 wood = Titleist TS2 Even flow white 6.0
    3 iron = Titleist U500 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
    Irons = Wilson Staff FG59,  4-PW
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56*
                  = Ping Glide 3.0 eye 2 60* 
    Putter = Scotty Cameron 2020 Special select Del Mar
    Ball = Taylormade TP5 Pix
  • forecast6236forecast6236 Members  373WRX Points: 70Posts: 373 Greens

Arrived today. One range session. Everything I thought they were from the fitting.

Posted:
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  14064WRX Points: 2,879Handicap: 3.1Posts: 14,064 Titanium Tees

I have tossed in the Fujikura MCI 120x iron shaft in the blueprint 6 iron. Testing commences in 3 hours. Only lost one swingweight point even with length dropping 1/4." The 100's were solid in the s55's so hoping for the best, at least my elbows are
    My evil fitter sent me home with a Ventus 7 to play with as well

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu Blueboard 53x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard Ion 73x
    Ping G410 7w 19.5* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fubuki ax400 82x
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Kuro Kage 90s
    Mizuno 919t 6-PW UST Recoil 110s
    Vokey TVD 52m-58m-64* s400
    Piretti Matera Elite

• YoungJediYoungJedi Ottertail, MnMembers  1561WRX Points: 328Posts: 1,561 Platinum Tees

On -, @jblough99 said:

I have glide forged and they blend perfect. And that’s coming from a forever vokey/Non ping guy...

Posted:
    Ping g410 LST 7° w/ Fujikura Ventus 6s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 LST 13° fairway w/ Fujikura Ventus 7s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 7 wood, turned to 19° (The SEXWOOD) w/ Fujikura Ventus 8s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 4 hybrid with Accra cs1 m4 hybrid shaft, SST Pure
    Ping Blueprint 5-pw w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Ping Glide Forged 50° w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Vokey limited Slate Blue sm7 54F w/ DG tour issue s400 SST pure
    PXG Sugar Daddy 59º w/ KBS C taper 120s
    Logan Olson Retro Muscle Bullet Sole
    Mackenzie Walker bag
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, COMembers  1711WRX Points: 525Handicap: 1.2Posts: 1,711 Platinum Tees

On -, @Big Ben said:

On -, @lawsonman said:

On -, @Big Ben said:

I hate that HydroPearl finish! It’s bogus

You'd be wrong.

I don’t even have to listen I don’t like it.

Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM, 9*, MRC Tensei Pro White - 70TX
    TaylorMade SIM TI, 15*, MRC Tensei Pro White - 80TX
    Callaway UT 3i, PX 6.0
    TaylorMade P7-TW, 4i-PW, DGTI X100
    Callaway Jaws MD5 raw 52S, 56S, 60T, DG TI S400
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5

Advertisement
  • OrangeGravyOrangeGravy WAMembers  1710WRX Points: 427Handicap: $$Posts: 1,710 Platinum Tees

They've been in hand for a while now. Anyone reach the end of the honeymoon phase yet? I know Blade and Cardoustie are never gonna fall out of love. It's really amazing that Ping have managed to produce a tiny blade that appears to have Ping's signature play-ability (for this type of iron profile anyway) and looks/feels awesome. I play any and all clubs no matter the OEM, but Ping has long been my favorite.

Posted:
  • howeberhoweber Members  853WRX Points: 114Posts: 853 Golden Tee

Finally got my set in. 3 & 4 i500, 5-PW Blueprint with AMT X100s.
    These things are the real deal. Best looking retail iron from address in years, and the performance is as good as anything I've ever played. They feel different from my Mizzys, but still great. And noticeably more forgiving.
    I'm especially impressed by the i500 long irons considering all the hate they get. Sure, they don't feel like a forged blade off the face, but man that four iron LAUNCHES so effortlessly compared to my Mizunos.

At long, long last, it looks like I've finally kicked the MP-4s out of the bag. We'll see if they stick.

Posted:
  • gopherlovergopherlover Members  84WRX Points: 39Handicap: 10Posts: 84 Fairways

On -, @howeber said:

Finally got my set in. 3 & 4 i500, 5-PW Blueprint with AMT X100s.
    These things are the real deal. Best looking retail iron from address in years, and the performance is as good as anything I've ever played. They feel different from my Mizzys, but still great. And noticeably more forgiving.
    I'm especially impressed by the i500 long irons considering all the hate they get. Sure, they don't feel like a forged blade off the face, but man that four iron LAUNCHES so effortlessly compared to my Mizunos.

At long, long last, it looks like I've finally kicked the MP-4s out of the bag. We'll see if they stick.

I have a similar set up with i500 3&4 iron with s55 5-pw. I agree that the i500 feels more like a wood/hybrid, but the performance is incredible. My 4-iron launches significantly higher with about 20 more yards than my 5-iron.

Posted:
  • gambitgambit Members  4500WRX Points: 281Posts: 4,500 Titanium Tees

On -, @OrangeGravy said:

They've been in hand for a while now. Anyone reach the end of the honeymoon phase yet? I know Blade and Cardoustie are never gonna fall out of love. It's really amazing that Ping have managed to produce a tiny blade that appears to have Ping's signature play-ability (for this type of iron profile anyway) and looks/feels awesome. I play any and all clubs no matter the OEM, but Ping has long been my favorite.

Nope...absolutely still in love with these. Just absurdly easy to hit. I think the last 2 rounds I only hit bad shots when I got really tired, and started cramping in my left calf, from walking as I'm trying to get myself into shape for Bandon next year and it was the first 2 rounds I've walked in a couple of years.

Posted:

SIM 9 / Tensei Pro Orange 60 TX

SIM 3/5 Woods / Tensei Pro Blue 70/80 TX

Tour Issue Adams Pro Mini 23 / AD DI 95x

Ping Blueprints 5-P / Steelfiber i110S

Ping Glide Forged 50-54-60 / Steelfiber i125S

Byron Morgan DH89

Titleist Linksmaster

• fore_lifefore_life Swung too hard, hit it too pure. Members  10651WRX Points: 400Handicap: 2Posts: 10,651 Titanium Tees

How’s the finish holding up?

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST Ust Attas Earth 9f5
    M4 15* with bimatrix rocket X
    Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
    718 tmb 4 iron
    718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
    Vokeys
    Cleveland TA milled 1i

Various other putters currently in the closet,
    thinking about what they've done wrong,
    and how they've hurt me so.

Advertisement

On -, @fore_life said:

How’s the finish holding up?

Mine are fine. I have 2 noticeable scratches on the bottom of my 8i. Most likely from a couple of small rocks in a bunker. Otherwise no issues at all.

Posted:

Byron Morgan DH89

Titleist Linksmaster

• CasualLieCasualLie Do Woodchucks Chuck Wood? Members  1717WRX Points: 302Posts: 1,717 Platinum Tees

Curious, though I'm not interested in P7TW, what makes the BPs easier to hit? The toe weight?

Posted:
  • OrangeGravyOrangeGravy WAMembers  1710WRX Points: 427Handicap: $$Posts: 1,710 Platinum Tees

On -, @gambit said:

On -, @OrangeGravy said:

Nope...absolutely still in love with these. Just absurdly easy to hit. I think the last 2 rounds I only hit bad shots when I got really tired, and started cramping in my left calf, from walking as I'm trying to get myself into shape for Bandon next year and it was the first 2 rounds I've walked in a couple of years.

Good move on prepping for Bandon. I went in cold one year and we were played 36 each of the first 2 days. After day one of walking 36, I didn't think I was gonna make it to day 2!

Posted:

On -, @OrangeGravy said:

On -, @gambit said:

On -, @OrangeGravy said:

Good move on prepping for Bandon. I went in cold one year and we were played 36 each of the first 2 days. After day one of walking 36, I didn't think I was gonna make it to day 2!

I have 7 round over 4 days lmao...every round till then will be carry or push cart. Walking 18 and cramping is embarrassing lol

Posted:

Byron Morgan DH89

Titleist Linksmaster

On -, @gambit said:

On -, @OrangeGravy said:

On -, @gambit said:

On -, @OrangeGravy said:

I have 7 round over 4 days lmao...every round till then will be carry or push cart. Walking 18 and cramping is embarrassing lol

We played 36, 36, 18, and 18. I never cramped up, but my feet/ankles hurt like ****. Day 3 & 4, I must have loosened up the scar tissue in there and I felt great/played much better.

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @OrangeGravy said:

On -, @gambit said:

On -, @OrangeGravy said:

On -, @gambit said:

On -, @OrangeGravy said:

We played 36, 36, 18, and 18. I never cramped up, but my feet/ankles hurt like ****. Day 3 & 4, I must have loosened up the scar tissue in there and I felt great/played much better.

We're doing the same as you, just add 18 on day 3. I haven't walked a course in a couple of years. Once I booked the trip I walked my last 2 rounds. Didn't realize how out of shape I was until the last round. Cramp walking off the green on 14 in my left calf. Cramped whatever muscle that is around the right shin. Went get something out of the bag and cramped in my right groin. Grab water and cramp in my left side. Could not hit a decent shot after all that. Started running hills yesterday.

Posted:

Byron Morgan DH89

Titleist Linksmaster

• howeberhoweber Members  853WRX Points: 114Posts: 853 Golden Tee

On -, @gopherlover said:

set up with i500 3&4 iron with s55 5-pw. I agree that the i500 feels more like a wood/hybrid, but the performance is incredible. My 4-iron launches significantly >higher with about 20 more yards than my 5-iron.

Yeah my 4 is 22* -- more like a classic 3. Usually it's the longest iron I carry. Fits the gap perfectly.

Definitely still in the honeymoon phase, but I haven't had my expectations met/exceeded on clubs like this in a long time.

Posted:
  • JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur NCMembers  599WRX Points: 243Handicap: 8Posts: 599 Golden Tee

When this thread started most knew I had one of the first sets of BP’s, loved them, worked my way into them, then when I felt I could be more aggressive, I realized I had wrong shaft, swing weight might of been too light. Then as more of you got them, different swing weights, shafts, power Spec, I knew I jumped into them in the beginning too quickly without thinking, like my 919’s, they came D2 to D3, my BP’s came D0, I just figured ping would come same, but nope.
    Know how out of the gate I hit them, and how much I’m loving my Ping 410’s, I’m off loading my Srixon Z forged irons, my Mizuno 919’s, and ordering 4-PW BP’s with power spec PXLZ shafts, D2. I hope I get it right this time. This week got my driver right, today all FW’s hit, fluke, who knows, but I’m loving the M5 10.5, enough to trade my 410 plus for it, I love the muffled sound you get.

backintheBpfold

Posted:
    I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    919 tour irons & 919 forged yes I have both sets
    Ping G400 max G400 7 wood G400 3 hybrid
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter

Anyone have any idea how heavy Ping can make these heads? I would assume the hole for the toe weight is only so big and there is a max size screw they can add, same assumption for the hosel weight. Reason I ask is I like my irons heavy, high D to low E progression, but I play standard length with midsize grips, so getting to that swing weight range with heavy grips and standard length can be tough. Don’t really want to ugly these up with a bunch of lead tape.

Posted:

• JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur NCMembers  599WRX Points: 243Handicap: 8Posts: 599 Golden Tee

On -, @jblough99 said:

Anyone have any idea how heavy Ping can make these heads? I would assume the hole for the toe weight is only so big and there is a max size screw they can add, same assumption for the hosel weight. Reason I ask is I like my irons heavy, high D to low E progression, but I play standard length with midsize grips, so getting to that swing weight range with heavy grips and standard length can be tough. Don’t really want to ugly these up with a bunch of lead tape.

Just from reading past posts, I’m sure can go at least D4. Mine ordered yesterday were requested D2, letting ping assemble completely to get weight closest. I use CP2 standard grips and my shop usually orders my clubs grip off cause when I trade clubs they swap my grips, but they weren’t sure they could get exactly right SW, so paying a little extra for Ping to install grip option to get swing weight right.

Posted:
    I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    919 tour irons & 919 forged yes I have both sets
    Ping G400 max G400 7 wood G400 3 hybrid
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter

Advertisement
  • Fairway14Fairway14 Members  377WRX Points: 133Posts: 377 Greens

On -, @jblough99 said:

Compared to Ping's standard grips, he midsize grips alone will lighten the SW by 3 points.
    Compared to Ping's standard screws, my guess is that Ping's heaviest screw weights can bring SW higher by about 3 or 4 points.
    If you want standard length irons and mid size grips, with a SW in the high D's, or low E's. I think the only way to get it will be by using Winn's super lite midsize grips.
    For example, Winn's mid size weighs only 23 grams , which is about 40 grams lighter than most mid size grips, and the difference equals roughly 8 swing weight points.

Posted:
  • ShakespeareShakespeare Members  226WRX Points: 109Posts: 226 Fairways

On -, @Fairway14 said:

On -, @jblough99 said:

Compared to Ping's standard grips, he midsize grips alone will lighten the SW by 3 points.
    Compared to Ping's standard screws, my guess is that Ping's heaviest screw weights can bring SW higher by about 3 or 4 points.
    If you want standard length irons and mid size grips, with a SW in the high D's, or low E's. I think the only way to get it will be by using Winn's super lite midsize grips.
    For example, Winn's mid size weighs only 23 grams , which is about 40 grams lighter than most mid size grips, and the difference equals roughly 8 swing weight points.

I coild be wrong, but i thought it was 9 grams in the shaft or grip that equates to 1 sw...2 grams in the head does the same

Posted:
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr I would only like to add that I have nothing to add Minnesota, USAMembers  7417WRX Points: 1,461Handicap: 7Posts: 7,417 Titanium Tees

On -, @Shakespeare said:

On -, @Fairway14 said:

On -, @jblough99 said:

I coild be wrong, but i thought it was 9 grams in the shaft or grip that equates to 1 sw...2 grams in the head does the same

9 grams in the shaft was the rule of thumb I remember, but it's 4g in the grip.

Posted:
    The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching

Driver:  Cobra Fly-Z+, Xcaliber Tour 7.5 TS, 43.5"
    3w:  Cobra King LTD, Matrix 8m3 X, 42"
    2h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S
    3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, DGS400 or NV105 S
    Irons grab bag:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300; Golden Ram TW276, NV105; Golden Ram TW282, Precision 6.5; Ram TG-898, Super Peening Blue X; 1980 Golden Rams, Dynamic S; MacGregor Muirfield, Dynamic S; Wilson Staff 78 Tour Blades, Dynamic S
    GW:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400
    SW:  Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300
    LW:  Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
    Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.25"
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Professional, or 50 Elite

Also sometimes swap in old school woods at top of bag, various Golden Ram, MacGregor, or Orlimar persimmons

Advertisement
  • Fairway14Fairway14 Members  377WRX Points: 133Posts: 377 Greens

On -, @Shakespeare said:

On -, @Fairway14 said:

On -, @jblough99 said:

I mess around with putter grips and swing weights often. Depending on the grip profile (for example, where within the grip the weight is positioned), swing weight is affected between 1 point for every 4 to 6 grams of weight, so on average 1 swing weight point for every 5 grams. Head weight is definitely a ratio of 1 swing weight point for every 2 grams of head weight change.
    9 grams of shaft weight will change swing weight by 1 point, however that is somewhat dependent on where the weight is located within the shaft.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.