Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

Comments

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

all my clubs are heavy - swingweight wise - so when I have a light one it throws me off
    The hybrids driver and fairways are all d8 to d9 as well, HAMMER time

Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* NVS 75x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17.5* NVS 85x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Catalyst 70s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x
    Ping Blueprints 6i-PW DG xp115 x100 
    Ping iWedge 50* Tour Concept x100
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grind 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Scotty X7m
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Freeport, IllinoisMembers Posts: 5,605 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@cardoustie said:
    all my clubs are heavy - swingweight wise - so when I have a light one it throws me off
    The hybrids driver and fairways are all d8 to d9 as well, HAMMER time

When I was younger all my clubs were d8 to D9 also Kept my swing under control.

Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

well I am going to be 52 this year
    Swing weight of course is not total weight. It's 50g driver shaft, I just need to sense where the head is to hit solid shots

Scotty X7m
  • Crooksc17Crooksc17 NJMembers Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cardoustie said:

@kcsf said:

@cardoustie said:
    My toe weights from Ping arrived, will play with weighting on 9i and PW

Ping sent you weights? I asked last year for my i500's and they wouldn't send them, only replace the ones in the heads after I sent them the clubs. What's your angle/mojo/mind control you used!

Only because my 9i came in light by a few points and I don't want to send them back the club

How did you remove the old weight and install the new one?

• JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur NCMembers Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭

Well I got my 919’s today, which replaced my blueprints. Like I’ve said before I got rid of the blueprints because of the shaft and Mizuno got these clubs right so just as a comparison you could not go wrong with either set

I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    919 tour irons & 919 forged yes I have both sets
    Ping G400 max G400 7 wood G400 3 hybrid
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • kcsfkcsf Santa Fe, NMMembers Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

So, I'm 5 rounds in with the Blueprints right now and I can't remember owning a more accurate set. I've shot 3 of the 4 lowest rounds of the year with them. Possibly just drinking the Kool-Aid, but dang are they good. 7 iron on order...I'm interested to see how far up I can go before my talent fails.

TM M3 Copper Mamba 70TX
    G410 Hybrid 3
    Ping i500 5-7
    Ping Blueprints 8-PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 50* & 56* wedges
    O-Works #7s red
  • gopherlovergopherlover Members Posts: 25 ✭✭

HAs anyone tried these as a combo set with the i210's?

• fore_lifefore_life Swung too hard, hit it too pure. Members Posts: 10,428 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

How’s the finish holding up in these? That’s been my biggest gripe with ping, they look like cheap trash after a season with that yucky dull finish.

Need some blacked out blueprints (black n blue anyone?)

Ping G400 LST Ust Attas Earth 9f5
    M4 15* with bimatrix rocket X
    Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
    718 tmb 4 iron
    718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
    Vokeys
    Cleveland TA milled 1i

Various other putters currently in the closet,
    thinking about what they've done wrong,
    and how they've hurt me so.
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,215 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 22, 2019 7:07pm #1480

I hate that HydroPearl finish! It’s bogus

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • leo the lionleo the lion Members Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Big Ben said:

Ben did you watch the TXG video last night on the new Glide 3.0 wedges?

Driver  Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour Stiff 65
    Fairways  Ping G30 3 wood Tour Stiff 80 and Ping G410 5 wood Evenflow 75 stiff
    Hybrid  Ping G 19* #3 Stiff Tour Stiff 90
    Irons  Ping G irons 4-UW AWT 2.0 Stiff white dot +1/2" and Odyssey Duel Force 56 degree wedge
    Bag  Ping Hoofer 14 2016
    Putter  Bettinardi Queen Bee #8 2017 model
    Balls  Titleist ProV1, ProvV1X, AVX and TaylorMade TP5X (depending on the course and weather)
  • JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur NCMembers Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭

@leo the lion said:

@Big Ben said:

Ben did you watch the TXG video last night on the new Glide 3.0 wedges?

Do you have a link, I got the 50&58 last week, they feel and look great.

I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    919 tour irons & 919 forged yes I have both sets
    Ping G400 max G400 7 wood G400 3 hybrid
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Freeport, IllinoisMembers Posts: 5,605 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Big Ben said:

You'd be wrong.

Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • Paul065Paul065 Members Posts: 196 ✭✭✭

Was due new irons and these weren’t even on my radar. Picked up a G410 Plus driver two weeks ago and took a demo 7 iron Blueprint for a test...My God!

They made my MP18’s look like game improvement irons. So pure at address and off the face, ridiculous turf interaction, change of shaft from LZ 6.5 to DG 120 so 10g lighter shaft. I thought the DG was going to send the ball too high but it’s a lovely mid flight without ballooning and I can stop the short irons quicker on the greens.

Blue dot. Got an i500 3 iron in retro loft. Looking forward to winter league with these beauties!

Ping G410 Plus 9 degree Evenflow Black 75 6.0
    718 TMB 2 iron Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP18 SC 4-6, MB 7-PW Project X LZ 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw: 50 (12) F, 54 (08) M, 58 (12) D Project X LZ 6.0
    Ping Sedona
    Titleist Pro V1x (2019)
  • jblough99jblough99 Members Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭✭

For those of you playing the Blueprints, what wedges are playing? Is there a wedge that blends better and doesn’t look massive next the the PW? Glide 2.0, 3.0, Glide Forged, or another brand?
    Just recently picked up a set of I210s to try out but have always been a blade guy and am already looking to scratch the itch with some Blueprints.

• t8ert8er Members Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jblough99 said:
    For those of you playing the Blueprints, what wedges are playing? Is there a wedge that blends better and doesn’t look massive next the the PW? Glide 2.0, 3.0, Glide Forged, or another brand?
    Just recently picked up a set of I210s to try out but have always been a blade guy and am already looking to scratch the itch with some Blueprints.

I'm using the Glide Forged wedges with my Blueprints. They have a great feel and blend well.

PXG Gen 2 0811X 10.5
    PXG Gen 1 17 hybrid
    PXG Gen 1 0311 4-PW
    PXG Gen 2 0311X driving iron
    PXG 0311 56, 60 darkness
    Titleist TS3 9.5
    Titleist TS3 15
    Titleist 718 AP2 3-PW
    Vokey SM7 54M, 58L
    Evnroll ER1.2
    Scotty Cameron Newport Oil Can 33/350
  • JakeW13JakeW13 Members Posts: 74 ✭✭

@jblough99 said:

@jblough99 said:

I went with the Cleveland RTX gap wedge which transitions well from my Blueprint PW to my CBX wedges.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus, 9 Degrees Flat setting, Weight Neutral, Accra TZ5 65 M5
    FW: Titleist TS2 3W, 15 Degrees, Graphite Design Tour AD Blue 75 X
    3 Iron: Taylormade P790s, Nippon Pro Modus Tour 105S
    4-PW: Ping Blueprint, Red Dot Power Spec, DG 120 S300
    50: Cleveland RTX DG S400
    54&60: Cleveland CBX KBS 610 Wedge S
    Putter: Taylormade Spider X Navy 34"
    Ball: Taylormade TP5x (2019)
  • jmkenn0jmkenn0 Members Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vokeys for me, but they are black so it's a pretty different look no matter what.

• Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,215 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@lawsonman said:

@Big Ben said:

You'd be wrong.

I don’t even have to listen I don’t like it.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • jblough99jblough99 Members Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭✭

So my next question which is directed at Ping, why is there no fitting head for the blueprints?!?!?!? I’m not going to drop this kind of money on an iron that I can only try with DG 120 S300’s. I know a lot of ppl will say someone looking at this iron will already know what shaft they like but come on Ping.

• craz-ecraz-e Members Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 25, 2019 3:48am #1491

@jblough99 said:
    So my next question which is directed at Ping, why is there no fitting head for the blueprints?!?!?!? I’m not going to drop this kind of money on an iron that I can only try with DG 120 S300’s. I know a lot of ppl will say someone looking at this iron will already know what shaft they like but come on Ping.

Very valid point!
    I guess they don’t believe it’s going to be a massive seller, shame would love to try it with the usual fitting options

Driver = Ping G410 Plus even flow black 6.0
    3 wood = Ping G410 Tour S
    Hybrid = Ping G410 Tour S
    Irons = Miura 1957 Baby Blades Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wilson Staff FG59 DG S300's (4-PW)
    Titleist 718 MB Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56* and 60*

Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
  • forecast6236forecast6236 Members Posts: 360 ✭✭✭✭

Arrived today. One range session. Everything I thought they were from the fitting.

I have tossed in the Fujikura MCI 120x iron shaft in the blueprint 6 iron. Testing commences in 3 hours. Only lost one swingweight point even with length dropping 1/4." The 100's were solid in the s55's so hoping for the best, at least my elbows are
    My evil fitter sent me home with a Ventus 7 to play with as well

Scotty X7m
  • YoungJediYoungJedi Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jblough99 said:

I have glide forged and they blend perfect. And that’s coming from a forever vokey/Non ping guy...

Ping g410 LST 7° w/ Fujikura Ventus 6s, tipped 1/2”
    Ping g410 LST 13° fairway w/ Fujikura Ventus 7s, tipped 1/2”
    PXG 0311X gen2 DARKNESS 2 iron w/ Tensei pro 70g hybrid S
    PXG 0311x gen1 DARKNESS 4 iron w/ kbs $taper S
    Ping Blueprint 5-pw w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Ping Glide Forged 50° w/ KBS tour limited black C taper 125 s+ SST pure
    Vokey limited Slate Blue sm7 54F/58D w/ DG tour issue s400 SST pure
    Custom Bettinardi BB0 - RJB022885
    Mackenzie Walker bag
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, COMembers Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Big Ben said:

@lawsonman said:

@Big Ben said:

You'd be wrong.

I don’t even have to listen I don’t like it.

Callaway Epic Flash SubZero TD - 9* HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 - 70
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero - 15* HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 - 80
    TaylorMade M3 20* Hybrid, Kuro Kage XT 100TX
    Callaway Razr X MB, 4-W, PX 6.5
    Cleveland RTX 4 Raw, 52-mid, 56-mid, and 60-low
    Titleist Cameron Newport 2 Timeless 
    2019 ProV1
  • OrangeGravyOrangeGravy WAMembers Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

They've been in hand for a while now. Anyone reach the end of the honeymoon phase yet? I know Blade and Cardoustie are never gonna fall out of love. It's really amazing that Ping have managed to produce a tiny blade that appears to have Ping's signature play-ability (for this type of iron profile anyway) and looks/feels awesome. I play any and all clubs no matter the OEM, but Ping has long been my favorite.

• howeberhoweber Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally got my set in. 3 & 4 i500, 5-PW Blueprint with AMT X100s.
    These things are the real deal. Best looking retail iron from address in years, and the performance is as good as anything I've ever played. They feel different from my Mizzys, but still great. And noticeably more forgiving.
    I'm especially impressed by the i500 long irons considering all the hate they get. Sure, they don't feel like a forged blade off the face, but man that four iron LAUNCHES so effortlessly compared to my Mizunos.

At long, long last, it looks like I've finally kicked the MP-4s out of the bag. We'll see if they stick.

• gopherlovergopherlover Members Posts: 25 ✭✭

@howeber said:
    Finally got my set in. 3 & 4 i500, 5-PW Blueprint with AMT X100s.
    These things are the real deal. Best looking retail iron from address in years, and the performance is as good as anything I've ever played. They feel different from my Mizzys, but still great. And noticeably more forgiving.
    I'm especially impressed by the i500 long irons considering all the hate they get. Sure, they don't feel like a forged blade off the face, but man that four iron LAUNCHES so effortlessly compared to my Mizunos.

At long, long last, it looks like I've finally kicked the MP-4s out of the bag. We'll see if they stick.

I have a similar set up with i500 3&4 iron with s55 5-pw. I agree that the i500 feels more like a wood/hybrid, but the performance is incredible. My 4-iron launches significantly higher with about 20 more yards than my 5-iron.

• gambitgambit Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@OrangeGravy said:
    They've been in hand for a while now. Anyone reach the end of the honeymoon phase yet? I know Blade and Cardoustie are never gonna fall out of love. It's really amazing that Ping have managed to produce a tiny blade that appears to have Ping's signature play-ability (for this type of iron profile anyway) and looks/feels awesome. I play any and all clubs no matter the OEM, but Ping has long been my favorite.

Nope...absolutely still in love with these. Just absurdly easy to hit. I think the last 2 rounds I only hit bad shots when I got really tired, and started cramping in my left calf, from walking as I'm trying to get myself into shape for Bandon next year and it was the first 2 rounds I've walked in a couple of years.

• fore_lifefore_life Swung too hard, hit it too pure. Members Posts: 10,428 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

How’s the finish holding up?

Ping G400 LST Ust Attas Earth 9f5
    M4 15* with bimatrix rocket X
    Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
    718 tmb 4 iron
    718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
    Vokeys
    Cleveland TA milled 1i

Various other putters currently in the closet,
    thinking about what they've done wrong,
    and how they've hurt me so.
  • gambitgambit Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@fore_life said:
    How’s the finish holding up?

Mine are fine. I have 2 noticeable scratches on the bottom of my 8i. Most likely from a couple of small rocks in a bunker. Otherwise no issues at all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file