Sunfish "Leather" Alignment Stick Covers.... Thoughts Please

TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,683 ✭✭
edited Jan 25, 2019 7:08pm in Deal or No Deal? #1
I just remembered they are a small company and probably at the PGA show so I'll call them next week....

To Be Continued.........
Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
Titleist Pro V-1X

Comments

• mcgeec79mcgeec79 mcgeec79 Members Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Love them. Had a custom set of leather headcovers made two years ago. Got a brand new all black leather Burton staff bag and just placed an order tonight for murdered out black head covers and alignment stick cover. I will say opt for the leather instead of the duraleather, just looks better
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,683 ✭✭
    mcgeec79 wrote:

Love them. Had a custom set of leather headcovers made two years ago. Got a brand new all black leather Burton staff bag and just placed an order tonight for murdered out black head covers and alignment stick cover. I will say opt for the leather instead of the duraleather, just looks better

Yep..... well they shipped me Duraleather Alignment stick cover and I'm not happy.
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • kdog25kdog25 Members Posts: 1,629 ✭✭
    Tzoid wrote:

mcgeec79 wrote:

Yep..... well they shipped me Duraleather Alignment stick cover and I'm not happy.

I wouldn’t sweat it. I bet they make it right.

I ordered a custom putter cover from them. A few days after I got it realized it was a dark green as opposed to black. Noticed it when it had more light on it. Called and was taken care of. They sent me the correct one and told me to keep the incorrect one. It was customized so it probably was of no value to them but they made it right. Without any fuss or hassle.
  • Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,735 ✭✭
    I ordered in duraleather, mistake.
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,538 ✭✭
    edited Jan 26, 2019 6:30am #6
    This happened to me, as well. I purchased leather and they sent Duraleather. They sent out a replacement ASAP and told me to keep the other one. Great company, you’ll be just fine.
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Utility 4 Iron
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 5-GW
    Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Blue Tour Grind 56* and 60*
    One of several milled putters
    I am actually shocked they sell the duraleather. It’s really not the good looking of quality. I’d put the leather up against any company on the market
    dxdgenert wrote:

This happened to me, as well. I purchased leather and they sent Duraleather. They sent out a replacement ASAP and told me to keep the other one. Great company, you'll be just fine.

I feel confident they will replace it for Leather.... The Duraleather isn't something I'll use. I got shipped a Leather 3 wood cover that the seam was open and they shipped a replacement. They have been excellent .
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • Sunfish GolfSunfish Golf Sunfish Golf Sponsors Posts: 2,369 ✭✭
    Tzoid wrote:

I just remembered they are a small company and probably at the PGA show so I'll call them next week....

To Be Continued.........
    Hey there - just sent you a message!
  • SBH9458SBH9458 Go Army! Beat Navy! Members Posts: 949 ✭✭
    Betting this ends quite well.

Tzoid wrote:

To Be Continued.........
    Hey there - just sent you a message!

Got it and Thank you ....... I hope the PGA Show was fun and Successful
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • Dean NCDean NC Members Posts: 598 ✭✭
    i ordered the allingment cover last week during the sale. ordered the duraleather to sample. it's alright, not spectacular, but it will work.

maybe should have opted for the leather
  • stealthrt91stealthrt91 Members Posts: 1,695 ✭✭
    Stitch are legit
    M4 D-Type 10.5* - NV 2KXV 65 Green
    M6 Rocket 14* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    M6 19* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    P790 (4-GW) - DG105
    Milled Grind Bronze 55.12 - DG105
    Milled Grind Hi-Toe 60.ATV - DG105
    Scotty Cameron 2014 Fastback
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,331 ✭✭
    SBH9458 wrote:

Betting once the OP posts the outcome, it will only earn Sunfish more customers
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
    SubaruWRX wrote:

SBH9458 wrote:

Betting once the OP posts the outcome, it will only earn Sunfish more customers

Well this is going to go over like a **** in Church..........

I will just say that they are cleaning up their descriptions to accurately describe what material they use......... They do not make LEATHER Alignment stick covers .

They are a site sponsor so I'll leave it at that............ My refund is hopefully being processed.
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • gentlesgentles Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭
    This is annoying - I ordered an alignment stick cover from them thinking it was real leather - had it sent to Canada so its not going to be worth it to return it!
    Taylormade 2016 M2 10.5 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Taylormade 2016 M2 DF 3hl Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Callaway Apex 20* Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Taylormade RSI UDI 4i DG AMT x100
    Taylormade P770 5-P DG AMT x100
    Ping Glide 51,55, 59 DG S400
    Ping Anser Milled 5

On the bench/testing: G400 LST, Callaway 3deep, Cobra LTD 3-4, Callaway Apex 23*, UDI 2 and 3 irons, Ping Glide 53, PM Grind 64
    gentles wrote:

This is annoying - I ordered an alignment stick cover from them thinking it was real leather - had it sent to Canada so its not going to be worth it to return it!

I suggest that you either call or get on Chat with them. Provide your Invoice- order number and explain that they had the description on the site listed as "Leather " and you ordered based on that. They acknowledged that they made a mistake and since fixed the description. They should take care of this and either provide a shipping label or simply refund you for the purchase.
    Titleist Pro V-1X
    Tzoid wrote:

gentles wrote:

I suggest that you either call or get on Chat with them. Provide your Invoice- order number and explain that they had the description on the site listed as "Leather " and you ordered based on that. They acknowledged that they made a mistake and since fixed the description. They should take care of this and either provide a shipping label or simply refund you for the purchase.

Will do - annoyingly I had it shipped to a friend in the USA who forwarded it on to me with some other stuff - luckily it only cost me $15 in the sale so no major loss, just a bit weird that they wouldn't say what it is made out of.
    Ping Anser Milled 5

On the bench/testing: G400 LST, Callaway 3deep, Cobra LTD 3-4, Callaway Apex 23*, UDI 2 and 3 irons, Ping Glide 53, PM Grind 64
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,538 ✭✭
    edited Jan 30, 2019 7:56pm #19
    I’ll make this even stranger for you... The same identical thing happened to me. I called and they sent a genuine leather alignment stick cover and let me keep the dura leather one. Here is a photo of my leather one, next to one of their dura leather scorecard holders for reference. Not sure why they told you they don’t make leather ones?

PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    dxdgenert wrote:

I'll make this even stranger for you... The same identical thing happened to me. I called and they sent a genuine leather alignment stick cover and let me keep the dura leather one. Here is a photo of my leather one, next to one of their dura leather scorecard holders for reference. Not sure why they told you they don't make leather ones?

Well then according to Sunfish that means they no longer make and sell Leather Alignment Stick Covers and I guess you got the last one. The Duraleather isn't something I will use so I'll donate it to someone or chuck it in the garbage.

It's been annoying but they refunded me so I'll drop it..... They are a sponsor
    Titleist Pro V-1X
    Tzoid wrote:

dxdgenert wrote:

I'll make this even stranger for you... The same identical thing happened to me. I called and they sent a genuine leather alignment stick cover and let me keep the dura leather one. Here is a photo of my leather one, next to one of their dura leather scorecard holders for reference. Not sure why they told you they don't make leather ones?

Well then according to Sunfish that means they no longer make and sell Leather Alignment Stick Covers and I guess you got the last one. The Duraleather isn't something I will use so I'll donate it to someone or chuck it in the garbage.

It's been annoying but they refunded me so I'll drop it..... They are a sponsor

Ok, that’s news to me. Well, I’ve been happy with their products and, maybe even more so, their customer service. They seem like the type of company to go well above and beyond expectations.
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
  • DloSDloS Members Posts: 245 ✭✭
    gentles wrote:

Same, i bought 2
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Taylormade M2 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6S
    Callaway XR 3W w/ Diamana Kai'li 70S
    Titleist 816 H1 21* w/ Oban Revenge Hybrid 85 04
    Titleist 718 AP3 4-PW, 48* w/ Aerotech Players Spec AMI99
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*S/58*K w/ KBS 610 S
    Odyssey O-Works 3T[/font]
    Sent an email to them Feb 2. Waiting for a reply.
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Taylormade M2 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6S
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,706 ✭✭
    I am interested to follow this thread and see how some of these issues play out. I tend to buy more headcovers and things like that than I should so I’m interested to see how Sunfish handles this, to add to the considerations the next time I’m shopping.

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8° | HC Evenflow Black 65 (thoughts arrive like butterflies)
    3wd: TaylorMade M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Fujikura Speeder 8.8
    Driving Iron: Callaway X Forged UT 21° | AD DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-PW | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey 48° F (handground S), 54° M, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89
    MannKrafted MA66
    Cameron AOP Oil Can Newport
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype

Well, I got a reply with a short apology that I was not satisfied. They have supplied a return address. Will return shortly, they have lost a customer here.
    Did you guys order custom alignment sticks or ones off the site? I ordered a custom black leather one through their website. I have a full set coming tomorrow or Saturday in the mail. I’ll report back.
    Mine came and it is duraleather - a little annoyed, i'm only out $15 for this so not going to to lose much sleep. I was surprised at how big it was...I was expecting a much tighter fit to be honest given how thin alignment sticks can be.

Not sure if i'll use it or even bother trying to find another one. Might just try making one myself!

Won't be buying from sunfish again though...learned my lesson going down the cheap route!
    Ping Anser Milled 5

mcgeec79 wrote:
    Did you guys order custom alignment sticks or ones off the site? I ordered a custom black leather one through their website. I have a full set coming tomorrow or Saturday in the mail. I’ll report back.

Ones off the site
    Got my custom leather ones on Saturday. They were leather. I believe the stock ones on their site a just duraleather.
    The problem, at least with mine, was that they were listed as leather on the website. To be honest, my issue was a few months ago and I’m surprised they haven’t fixed the descriptions.
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB