ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Pro V1 Feels Dead?

Holy MosesHoly Moses Advanced Members Posts: 10,269 ✭✭
I've been a Pro V1 user for the longest time. The 2017 version is a great ball. Plenty long, plenty of spin, much better than older editions in the wind. But lately I've found that I just don't like putting with it. This doesn't happen every single time, but often I get a really dead feeling when putting with it and the ball doesn't roll like I would think. Just an inconsistent feel and roll with the putter. It just doesn't seem like I get a nice, hot role. I tested a bunch of balls last fall and I'm moving to the Bridgestone Tour B XS. Just as good in the wind, plenty long, plenty of spin, and has a softer, hotter, more consistent feel when putting.

Is this sentiment just mine or is this a gripe with the Pro V1?
Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Comments

• klbcecklbcec Advanced Members Posts: 491
    Nope. Roll great for me. Only bad putts are the fault of my stroke. Maybe it is your stroke under pressure,
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaAdvanced Members Posts: 2,555 ✭✭
    The Pro V1 definitely doesn’t come off the putter hot. It comes off at a speed that is consistent with the input force.
    Taylormade M6 driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro White 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 with Modus3 105 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Pro V1
  • MathwizMathwiz Advanced Members Posts: 971 ✭✭
    There are more than a few materials putter faces are made of. Maybe that is a factor?
    Ping G400 Max 10.5°
    Taylormade 2017 M2 15°
    Srixon U65 20° 3 iron
    Srixon z565 4 thru PW
    48° & 52° Cleveland CBX wedges
    Cleveland Smart sole wedge 58°
    Odyssey 2 ball center shaft

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.
  • ChadwickogChadwickog Advanced Members Posts: 284 ✭✭
    Unpopular opinion but I don’t like the feel of the Prov1 in any faze of the game, including off the putter. Dead is a good way to describe it.
  • monks66monks66 Advanced Members Posts: 576
    its all subjective! thats the beauty of having so many golf ball choices
  • CISM WayneCISM Wayne Advanced Members Posts: 122 ✭✭
    I would say that the ProV1s don't feel as good as they used to on the greens. That said, I used to shred them in about 5 holes of play. The covers just did not stand up. I find the last two iterations of the ball to have a much more durable cover. As mentioned above, maybe a softer putter face (or a softer ball) would get you back in your comfort zone.
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Advanced Members Posts: 24,231 ✭✭
    The 17 models are this way off every club for me. 15 model v1x was the top of the mountain. Hopefully the 19 v1x returns to the place they were in 15.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design AD DI 8X
    Ping i500 pre-production proto 3 iron Graphite Design AD DI 105X
    Ping i500 4-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged 50 54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • jwb10jwb10 Major Winner Advanced Members Posts: 880 ✭✭
    HM, it's you. Sorry, dude, but if it were every time, then maybe. The XS is softer off the putter, rolled 'em both. But have fun, make a bunch
  • golf9596golf9596 Advanced Members Posts: 2,068 ✭✭
    Just started to practice with the 2019 version and I'm a fan. Loved the 2015 and 2017 models too, but I feel that the newest version maybe my go to for this year. I may even go with the yellow.
    Driver M6 w/IZ-7-S
    3 Wood M6 Project-X 75-S
    TM #3 GRAP Mid with/KBS Hybrid-S
    Callaway Apex 2019 5-AW w/$-tapper-S
    Putter.....Bettinardi bb1F Limited
    Mac Daddy PM...54*/.57*
    Jones Original
    Pro V 1 (2017)
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegAdvanced Members Posts: 9,046 ✭✭
    edited February 3
    Holy Moses wrote:

I've been a Pro V1 user for the longest time. The 2017 version is a great ball. Plenty long, plenty of spin, much better than older editions in the wind. But lately I've found that I just don't like putting with it. This doesn't happen every single time, but often I get a really dead feeling when putting with it and the ball doesn't roll like I would think. Just an inconsistent feel and roll with the putter. It just doesn't seem like I get a nice, hot role. I tested a bunch of balls last fall and I'm moving to the Bridgestone Tour B XS. Just as good in the wind, plenty long, plenty of spin, and has a softer, hotter, more consistent feel when putting.

Just maybe you should put the past in the past and use the current model. You are comparing an old model against other balls that are 2-3 generations better, technology wise. That's not a fair fight.

Went to the TP5X from the ProV1x because I think it's a straighter ball. Will test both 2019 models and see which one I like better. If it ever becomes summer up here. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
    MCC Align Midsize
  • ironmikesironmikes Advanced Members Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    anybody know if the yellow version has been released ? was looking to try some this year. thanks
  • The GeneralThe General Advanced Members Posts: 1,702 ✭✭
    ****, Rickie switches to TP5x and all of a sudden everyone thinks the ProV1 is trash. Unbelievable. The ProV1X and regular both feel great to me. It feels dead to me when I hit a sh***y shot.
  • From_Parts_UnknownFrom_Parts_Unknown Advanced Members Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

****, Rickie switches to TP5x and all of a sudden everyone thinks the ProV1 is trash. Unbelievable. The ProV1X and regular both feel great to me. It feels dead to me when I hit a sh***y shot.

A dead Titleist ball would have checked on the 11th green. I'm not sayin... I'm just sayin.
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Advanced Members Posts: 5,861

A dead Titleist ball would have checked on the 11th green. I'm not sayin... I'm just sayin.

It would have also stayed on the bank after the drop and not rolled back into the water.
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegAdvanced Members Posts: 9,046 ✭✭
    ironmikes wrote:

anybody know if the yellow version has been released ? was looking to try some this year. thanks

Call Bubba. He likely has a few extra.
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
    MCC Align Midsize
  • golf9596golf9596 Advanced Members Posts: 2,068 ✭✭
    Socrates wrote:

ironmikes wrote:

If you order direct from Titleist you can get the yellow. When I placed my order they were both available for purchase.
    Driver M6 w/IZ-7-S
    3 Wood M6 Project-X 75-S
    TM #3 GRAP Mid with/KBS Hybrid-S
    Callaway Apex 2019 5-AW w/$-tapper-S
    Putter.....Bettinardi bb1F Limited
    Mac Daddy PM...54*/.57*
    Jones Original
    Pro V 1 (2017)

I've actually heard many people say that, especially the ProV he was playing. TP5x doesnt spin for sh*t.

Socrates wrote:

ironmikes wrote:

February 15
    thanks for the info on the yellow Prov1 everbody.
    actually it might be March 15 on the yellow proV image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Advanced Members Posts: 10,269 ✭✭
    jwb10 wrote:

HM, it's you. Sorry, dude, but if it were every time, then maybe. The XS is softer off the putter, rolled 'em both. But have fun, make a bunch

It's not me. I prefer the lower compression off the putter with the Bridgestone Tour B XS. I haven't lost any distance with my driver and irons with it. I bought 6 dozen for 2019 and I'm looking forward to playing with them.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • DoublebuckDoublebuck Doublebuck Advanced Members Posts: 1,132
    Holy Moses wrote:

It isn't about the golf ball it is about trust. Marketing HS.
  • kro88kro88 Advanced Members Posts: 119 ✭✭
    ironmikes wrote:

thanks for the info on the yellow Prov1 everbody.

can you let me know what benefits are to yellow balls if any? they seam to be picking up momentum, not sure if its a fad or specific reason
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bag of tricks - in Mackenzie Walker[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: Ping G400 LST 10 +1 w/Fuji Speeder 661 Evo IV X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wood: Titleist 913 F2 19 w/Diamana S+ Blue 72s[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Irons: Miura CB-1957 w/KBS Tour Stiff 3iron -1 flat, Miura 1957 Baby Blades w/KBS Tour Stiff 4-PW -1 flat[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design V grind oil can 54 - 2 flt -1 wk w/KBS 610, Titleist Vokey Design Low Bounc K oil can 60 -2 flt w/KBS Hi-rev, Taylormade Hi-Toe 64 w/KBS Hi-Rev[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: Mizuno TPM3 33.5 Inches, w tungsten powder in hosel, SS 3.0 grip[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist Pro-V1X[/font]

actually it might be March 15 on the yellow proV image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thanks for the update. looks like another month to go.
  • RSinSGRSinSG ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 2,981 ClubWRX
    kro88 wrote:

can you let me know what benefits are to yellow balls if any? they seam to be picking up momentum, not sure if its a fad or specific reason

Easier to see if your vision isn’t perfect.
    Ping G400 Tour AD DI6s
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course