Bluetooth ear buds for home office use...

Bob CatBob Cat GolfopathMembers Posts: 1,571 ✭✭
A friend was saying he bought a $160 pair of Apple Airpods for use with his iPhone at his home office.

Of course, they have a microphone for talking and speakers for listening. He swears by them.

I want to get a pair for my home office use but wonder if there's another viable option out there besides Apple?
Taylormade M1
TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
Ping i15 / Zing 2
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist AVX
Sun Mountain Four 5
Clicgear 3.5+

Comments

• boyd59boyd59 Members Posts: 2
    Bob Cat wrote:

A friend was saying he bought a $160 pair of Apple Airpods for use with his iPhone at his home office.

Of course, they have a microphone for talking and speakers for listening. He swears by them.

I want to get a pair for my home office use but wonder if there's another viable option out there besides Apple?

I recently bought a pair of Jabra Elite 65t wireless earbuds and I really like them. They're great for listening to music. They're very good for hands free phone. It took me a couple of days to get used to the controls on them, but that's probably more me than the earbuds. I paid $166 for them on amazon.
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers Posts: 4,331 ✭✭
    Apple ear buds don’t stay in my ears worth a darn. I got a pair of Bose Soundsport Free earbuds and I love them. They sound good, work for phone calls as well, and I never have to adjust them or worry about them falling out. A little pricey, but worth it. I bought them to for running and they’re perfect for it
  • mo_golf_joemo_golf_joe Members Posts: 222
    Love my AirPods for the car, home, and especially the range!

I’ve heard of them not staying in some ear’s as stated above. But they fit mine fine and I’ve had no other issues since last August.

Another great thing is when choosing to wear both then removing either side my iPhone automatically detects me placing the unused Pod in the case. Therefore flowing music, phone, Siri functions etc. into the active AirPod. Same thing if you initially place just one in your ear then switch or add the other. Wearing one gives me awareness in certain situations and maximizes time between charging the case. Case charges via lightning cable then can charge the pods while in your bag, pocket etc.
    Titleist 917D2 9.5
    917F2 15*
    818H 19*
    Titleist 718 CB 3 MB 4-9
    SM7 58* 52* 46*
    Nickent Omen Tour Series #3 35”
  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,139 ✭✭
    I despise iPhones these days but the peripherals like the watch and airpods are great. If you have the phone, get the airpods. I use Android phones. I don't feel like there are any options that are outstanding for calls and listening to music. The Plantronics Voyager 5200 is my go to for calls, but don't want to leave it in when I'm out of the house since it looks dumb. I have some powerbeats 3, which have decent sound quality and a decent mic for talking that doesn't make people mad. I feel like the in ear individually powered headphones like the Jabra 65 or Samsung icon that work for Android are one generation away from being great, so sometime this year.

Getting off my phone OS soapbox, I work out of my house. I would not want to have something in my ear all day. I have a 2nd generation echo on my desk, which is plenty good for music and other media, to me, and I do lots of video calls through my laptop. The Voyager mentioned above is usually used for phone calls and just put on when the phone rings. I could understand needing some quiet and headphone if you just use the office at night when the family is home.
  • LaznastyLaznasty Valparaiso, IndianaMembers Posts: 681 ✭✭
    raycon x90 titan's
    Ping G410 tensei orange 60s
    Taylormade M5 5w GD AD-IZ6s 19°
    Titleist 910H GD AD-DI 95s 28°
    Taylormade P790 Modus 125x (4-AW)
    EPON Tour Spin Wedge shimada tour black 54° & 58°
    Lamb Crafted Camden
  • Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath Members Posts: 1,571 ✭✭
    How are the Raycon's for talking on the phone?
    Taylormade M1
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist AVX
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • vaca22vaca22 Commander In Beef Members Posts: 673 ✭✭
    Any bluetooth earbud with built-in micthat I've used has been really disappointing to the person on the other end of the line.
  • Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath Members Posts: 1,571 ✭✭
    OP here... I ended up with a Jabra Talk 30 that seems to be working well for the past couple of weeks I've had it. Quality built and the sound is good.

Thanks to all for your input.
    Taylormade M1
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist AVX
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+