2019 Titleist bags???? Nobody yet??

2»

Comments

• soonernicksoonernick Members Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Do any of you think there would be any value to scotchgaurd on the StaDry? I know it's waterproof, but I have the new white StaDry and would like to avoid/minimize stains.
  • tannerdctannerdc Atlanta, GAMembers, Paid BST Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    soonernick wrote:

Do any of you think there would be any value to scotchgaurd on the StaDry? I know it's waterproof, but I have the new white StaDry and would like to avoid/minimize stains.

May I ask how you got a white StaDry? Is yours the new 2019 Players 4 StaDry? I placed an order through my proshop/Titleist rep and they said its backordered til 6/10/19.
  • Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Members Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    tannerdc wrote:

soonernick wrote:

May I ask how you got a white StaDry? Is yours the new 2019 Players 4 StaDry? I placed an order through my proshop/Titleist rep and they said its backordered til 6/10/19.

An extremely very limited amount of white ones arrived at Titleist.
  • soonernicksoonernick Members Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited Mar 16, 2019 9:32am #35
    tannerdc wrote:

soonernick wrote:

I got the same response from my pro shop.

I had been wanting one since the catalog came out in the fall, so when people on here started acting like they were going up for sale I just hit every big box website every morning until they were listed, eventually Carl’s Golfland had one listed on their site. I purchased expecting to get an email later saying they were out of stock, but it showed up on my doorstep 3 days later.
  • RobDMBRobDMB Members Posts: 388 ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone compared the size of the Players 4 to the 4 Plus? I saw the 4 in person today and it looked small - smaller than a Hoofer Lite in terms of the top diameter. How would the 4 Plus compare - for example compared to Hoofer or Hoofer Lite?
    Ping Anser 9.5* Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Wood
    Ping i20 Hybrid
    Srixon Z765 4-AW Modus 125X
    Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant
  • memphishornmemphishorn memphishorn ClubWRX Posts: 822 ClubWRX
    edited Mar 21, 2019 11:47pm #37
    Just got the Hybrid 14 in Navy
    Post edited by memphishorn on
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Blue Stiff
     Titleist 915F 15*Diamana Blue 70 Regular
     Titleist 904F 19* YS6 Stiff
    Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* and (816) 25* Bassara Regular
    Titleist AP1 718 6-GW1 Tensei Graphite Stiff
    Vokey 52.08 SM6, 56.14 SM6
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 35”
    Titleist Hybrid 14 Bag

Classic Bag
    MacGregor MT Tourney 1967 WM2T 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Persimmon w/ Aluminum Insert
    MacGregor MT Tourney 1971 Split Sole irons 3-10
    MacGregor VIP 1967 Sand Iron
    Ping Anser 1969 85020
    Burton White Leather Bag
  • Hougz79Hougz79 Members Posts: 319 ✭✭
    Very nice bag.  I have the previous Titleist 14 way.  Debating on upgrading due to the cart strap pass-thru, but doubt it's worth the extra.  Are the zippers on this year better than last years?  That seemed like the weak link in my current bag.   
    Titleist TS3 8.5*, EFW T1100 65 6.5
    Titleist TS2 15*, EFW T1100 75 6.0
    Titleist 818 H1 19*, Fuji Motore Speeder 8.8HB S
    Tileist 818 H2 21*, Fuji Motore Speeder 8.8HB S
    Titleist 718 AP3, 4-5, PX 6.0
    Titleist 718 AP2, 6-PW PX 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52.12F, 58.12D
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

How are the stand legs. Do they droop at all when walking.

Ping Anser 9.5* Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Wood
    Ping i20 Hybrid
    Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
  • 6thFairway6thFairway Members Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@RobDMB said:
    How are the stand legs. Do they droop at all when walking.

If they do, there's an adjustment thing that you can pull upward to tighten them. I feel like most people never notice this on almost every bag.
    I'm waiting for my Hybrid 5- navy, just like the one above but it's 5 dividers. I'm looking forward to trying the woods on bottom so it sits nicely on a cart with the irons in front of the woods.

@memphishorn said:

How are you liking it? Full length dividers? Do you think its too big to walk a round here or there? Legs retract well?

Ping Anser 9.5* Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Wood
    Ping i20 Hybrid
    Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
    edited Mar 27, 2019 2:32am #42

I haven’t carried yet and probably won’t. I ride 99% of the time but never got smitten with the cart bags. I do like the ability to take one strap off for cart use but also like the stand feature for range use. I also like the top design much better in 2019 than last year.

It is also lighter to tote than my 2014 model Titleist 14 Way. The only thing I don’t like is the umbrella adjustable string. Much like a Sun Mountain and is always coming loose. I haven’t noticed any leg retraction issues.

Titleist Hybrid 14 Bag

Classic Bag
    Ping Anser 1969 85020
    Burton White Leather Bag

Should have also mentioned the strap tunnel is a big improvement for cart use. I had a Sun Mountain Hybrid that had that feature and it keeps the bag stable.

Titleist Hybrid 14 Bag

Classic Bag
    Ping Anser 1969 85020
    Burton White Leather Bag
  • BloomBloom Members Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

So I'm a bit torn here. I'm definitely going with a hybrid bag this year, just can't decide between the 14 or 5 way top. I think I'd like the 14 way top better, but I sort of like the sleet, white, navy colour way that only comes in the 5 way.
    Are the bags the same, except for the top? Looks like the cart strap loop might be different in them.

I will be riding almost 100% of the time. Should I stick with the 14 way?

• islesmbislesmb Myrtle Beach, SC (from Long Island)Members Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

@Bloom said:
    So I'm a bit torn here. I'm definitely going with a hybrid bag this year, just can't decide between the 14 or 5 way top. I think I'd like the 14 way top better, but I sort of like the sleet, white, navy colour way that only comes in the 5 way.
    Are the bags the same, except for the top? Looks like the cart strap loop might be different in them.

I had the 5 way but returned it. I did not like the cart strap loop at all.

• BloomBloom Members Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

@islesmb said:

@Bloom said:

I had the 5 way but returned it. I did not like the cart strap loop at all.

Thanks, so is the cart strap loop different on the 14 way?

I look forward to arranging the 5-way so that the woods are in back, irons in the middle, and wedges in front while on a cart. My current stand bags don't work that way, because the "front" of the bag on the cart is higher than the back.

• lordemsworthlordemsworth Members Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a Hybrid 5. I see the tee zipper, but it’s a non-issue. Good sized bag that has good number of pockets.

One general question for bag makers - why not copy the Ping design with the rain cover? I think it’s smart.

@6thFairway said:
    I look forward to arranging the 5-way so that the woods are in back, irons in the middle, and wedges in front while on a cart. My current stand bags don't work that way, because the "front" of the bag on the cart is higher than the back.

My logoed Hybrid 5 showed up and it looks great. I'll load it up and take photos tomorrow if I can. One interesting thing- it came with dual backpack straps installed, but a neat single bag strap that connects to all four strap clips was stored inside it. I didn't realize that was coming, and it's really nice to have. I don't walk and carry often- I might be using the single bag strap more than the dual straps, not sure yet.

Does anyone have a picture of the 4 and 4 Plus side by side? Curious how much bigger the top is? I saw the Player 4 at Golf Galaxy and it was smaller than I expected.

Ping Anser 9.5* Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Wood
    Ping i20 Hybrid
    Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*

@6thFairway said:

@6thFairway said:

My logoed Hybrid 5 showed up and it looks great. I'll load it up and take photos tomorrow if I can. One interesting thing- it came with dual backpack straps installed, but a neat single bag strap that connects to all four strap clips was stored inside it. I didn't realize that was coming, and it's really nice to have. I don't walk and carry often- I might be using the single bag strap more than the dual straps, not sure yet.

There was no single strap in my Hybrid 14 which I would have preferred. I just took the left shoulder strap off.

Titleist Hybrid 14 Bag

Classic Bag
    Ping Anser 1969 85020
    Burton White Leather Bag

Titleist Hybrid 14 Bag

Classic Bag
    Ping Anser 1969 85020
    Burton White Leather Bag
  • williazawilliaza Members Posts: 270 ✭✭✭✭

i was really going to buy the Players 4+ but when i went to test it in the store..i really struggled with the straps and the fit on my back...anyone else have issues with this or am i crazy? ha

• kgeorge78kgeorge78 Members Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@williaza said:
    i was really going to buy the Players 4+ but when i went to test it in the store..i really struggled with the straps and the fit on my back...anyone else have issues with this or am i crazy? ha

I can't get my players 4+ straps to fit right. I can't get the bag to sit at the proper angle. Going to try a hoofer.

M6 10.5 ATMOS BLACK
    M6 ROCKET 14 DEG ATMOS BLACK
    Mizuno MP53 3-PW S300
    CLEVELAND RTX 4.0 52 56 60
    NEWPORT 2

• williazawilliaza Members Posts: 270 ✭✭✭✭

@kgeorge78 said:

@williaza said:

I can't get my players 4+ straps to fit right. I can't get the bag to sit at the proper angle. Going to try a hoofer.

It was really wild...i REALLY wanted to love the bag and buy and spent like legit 25 minutes messing with them and could not figure out how to make the bag properly fit...Very frustrating...I am also going Hoofer

• wagsgtwagsgt Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 23, 2019 8:17pm #56

@williaza said:

nope, really liked the looks of Titleist bag, went to store and it felt lacking.. Compared it to Sun mountain 3.5 which was nicer in almost every way

• FOOTJOY16FOOTJOY16 Members Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@williaza said:

not crazy at all. the straps are horrible. The little plastic disc that holds and divides them does not keep the straps together.. was really hoping they had changed the straps..

Titleist TS4 8.5 GD Ad-GP 
    Titleist TS3  15.0
    Currently iron shopping...
    Vokey SM7 56M 08, 60L04
    Scotty Newport Button Back or
    Scotty Select 1/500 Newport

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file