2019 WM Phoenix Open

1242526272830»

Comments

• HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers Posts: 6,371 ✭✭
    edited Feb 6, 2019 10:11pm #872
    Obee wrote:

I DO want the rule changed, but ONLY in an instance regarding a hazard.

I'm with HitEmTrue on non hazard-related movement. Let's say you hit your tee shot up onto a steep slope in some rough. You hit a stinker of a shot into a stinker of a position. However, as you are walking to your ball, the ball begins to move and then trickles down the slope and roles down into the center of the fairway. Your ball was at rest, but it moved to a better position (or it could be a worse one). I do NOT want that to change. That's golf.

And even though that's not a common scenario, that has happened to me a couple times in my life. The rules should (attempt to) consider all scenarios.

I would only want it changed if it involves a hazard that you ALREADY DROPPED FROM.

Is that reasonable?

If there were a rule change like this (after taking relief from a penalty area) , I believe it should require replacing the ball if it moves anywhere. If we are going to be protected from danger, we shouldn’t be able to benefit if it rolls into a better place.
  • Pent08Pent08 Members Posts: 1,051 ✭✭
    Apparently Allison had to tell Fowler that he won the tournament. Before heading home, he tried to go back to the 18th green to congratulate the winner.
  • rangersgoalierangersgoalie Members Posts: 1,765 ✭✭
    eebomb wrote:

When is the rule changing on what happened to Rickie on 11? That is utter BS.
    according to rangersgoalie it's a great rule.

Thanks, that

Is exactly what I stated.

I actually said it is a rule......and you need to understand it and play by it.......

It was a terrible break......but the rule is the rule..........for now
  • aliikanealiikane Members Posts: 1,603 ✭✭
    Sixcat wrote:

Apparently, some asshat stole Archie Bradley's clubs immediately following the Pro-Am on Wednesday. Bradley took to social media for help. The clubs, embroidered bag and all, were found online for sale. By the time Bradley arrived home, PXG had hand delivered a brand new matching set.

https://www.golf.com...n-phoenix-open/

Being a celebrity has its big time advantages. Everyone bends over backwards to find your stolen stuff. He got a brand new set from PXG and his old set back. I'm still waiting for my stolen golf clubs, mountain bike equipment, and fishing equipment to show up on my doorstep with balloons.
  • fly787fly787 Las Vegas, Nevada and EuropeMembers Posts: 120 ✭✭

eebomb wrote:

according to rangersgoalie it's a great rule.

Thanks, that

Is exactly what I stated.

I actually said it is a rule......and you need to understand it and play by it.......

It was a terrible break......but the rule is the rule..........for now

it was not a terrible break, it was a terrible drop. The caddie was clueless and did not help at all...I was at a Super Bowl Party and I had 50 on Rickie at 15/1 to win .. I told everyone in the room that the ball was going to roll back in the water. It was obvious..just a bad decision on the placement by Rickie and his stupid caddie who offers nothing more than oversized teeth to the equation.
    TM 2016 M2 9.5 757x
    TM 2016 M2 16.5 757x
    TM  P790 Recoil Shafts
    Honma  GW
    Callaway PM 56.13 SW
    Odessey Tank X7 with Flat Cat 
  • fly787fly787 Las Vegas, Nevada and EuropeMembers Posts: 120 ✭✭
    lowheel wrote:

Player took a risk placing a ball on a wet slope. He compounded his mistake by wandering off to survey the green. Asking for trouble? It didn't pay off. He had one and maybe two other choices for taking relief for his ball in a penalty area.

Come on man...

Actually, he is correct.
    TM 2016 M2 9.5 757x
    TM 2016 M2 16.5 757x
    TM  P790 Recoil Shafts
    Honma  GW
    Callaway PM 56.13 SW
    Odessey Tank X7 with Flat Cat