Kenny Lee Puckett WITB '19

Kenny Lee PuckettKenny Lee Puckett Members Posts: 3,460 ✭✭
The year is under way and this is the bag set-up, more of the "old" PING is going to be a fixture this year (G driver and S55), and the "new" is permanently out (G400 driver and iBlade irons). The one new add-on at the start of the year is a single i500 iron, IMO an amazing club. A more completed picture segment to come.

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]PING G LST: Ping Tour 80
PING Anser 4wd: Accra S380 RT
PXG 0317: Fujikura Rombax 8D07HB
PING i500 4 iron: D.G. 120
PING S55 5-PW: D.G. Tour Issue
PING Glide 2.0 50/54/58: D.G. Tour Issue
PING Darby F Ti Pixel: SS 2.0 Mid
PING: Sensor Glove, Ping 703 Cord grips
PING: Hoofer Bag
TaylorMade: TP5 & TP5x ball

WITB photos: [/font]
http://www.golfwrx.c...uckett-witb-19/
Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

Comments

• aquanaut1968aquanaut1968 Tully... Members Posts: 97
    Sweet set up ...Swing Ping ..
    tully1968
  • buckIbuckI Members Posts: 464 ✭✭
    Back to the old faithfuls! So what is up with the TP golf balls? Used to be the Bridgestones then Srixons but the TP’s?
    Ping G400 10.5* - Ping Tour 65
    Ping G 3 Wood 14.5* - Tour stiff
    Ping i15 20/23 - UST Axivcore stiff
    Ping I25 5-pw - CFS S Cushin +1/4
    Ping Glide 52/56/60 SS
    Ping Redwood Anser - Starshot Finish
  • tdcollectorstdcollectors ClubWRX Posts: 781 ClubWRX
    s55 some of the best irons ever. iblade not near as good imo. nice set up

Cobra F9 diamana BF 60TX
    714 AP2's
    vokey wedge works
    Newport 2 Tour 3X Black Tri-sole
    OG Cameron pin flag stand bag

• lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,238 ✭✭

The year is under way and this is the bag set-up, more of the "old" PING is going to be a fixture this year (G driver and S55), and the "new" is permanently out (G400 driver and iBlade irons). The one new add-on at the start of the year is a single i500 iron, IMO an amazing club. A more completed picture segment to come.

https://www.youtube....h?v=F0hoPyv2Y2Y

[background=transparent]Why did you choose the 55's instead of the iblades Ryan? [/background]
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • Kenny Lee PuckettKenny Lee Puckett Members Posts: 3,460 ✭✭
    buckI wrote:

Back to the old faithfuls! So what is up with the TP golf balls? Used to be the Bridgestones then Srixons but the TP’s?
    John, Bridgestone B330s pre-2017 was a ball I played exclusively for years. Tried SRiXON for a run with the Z-Star XV '17 into '18, ball was fantastic, but veeeeeeery firm. Got some demo TP5 & TP5x (again) from my rep at the end of '18 and finally put them in play (I used to give them all away). I'll tell you what, IMO the TP5 ball has turned out to be the best overall ball among anything I have played. And I'm a firm believer in judging what the ball does around the green and working your way backwards. Love it around the green, 40-80 it's very spinny. Feels great off full wedges, short iron approach shots. Seem to hit it as far as I want with the mid and long irons. LOVE it off my PXG hybrid. And the ball is terrific off the 4wd and Driver. And every shot has some of the best feel/sound I've experienced in a while. Very interested to see how the newest TP5 ball pans out. I'm not even sure how it gets better, but almost unfair if it does.

lawsonman wrote:

[background=transparent]Why did you choose the 55's instead of the iblades Ryan? [/background]

David, Ya know I just never got along with the feel of iBlade compared to S55. Now, obviously having S55 first led to quite a bit more time with that iron than iBlade, and subsequently I know/knew the S55 really well. I also really had no reason to ever change to iBlade, maybe that fact always had me reflecting about it's performance vs my favorite S55. And, since S55 was the first iron of PING that I ever played there might have been that sentimentality with them as well. So eventually I had enough and got off the iBlade. S55 went into the bag and I've been hitting irons really well and have zero interest in changing into anything else, and I mean to the point where I'm not even excited about any kind of Blueprint iron image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> .

• lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,238 ✭✭

lawsonman wrote:

David, Ya know I just never got along with the feel of iBlade compared to S55. Now, obviously having S55 first led to quite a bit more time with that iron than iBlade, and subsequently I know/knew the S55 really well. I also really had no reason to ever change to iBlade, maybe that fact always had me reflecting about it's performance vs my favorite S55. And, since S55 was the first iron of PING that I ever played there might have been that sentimentality with them as well. So eventually I had enough and got off the iBlade. S55 went into the bag and I've been hitting irons really well and have zero interest in changing into anything else, and I mean to the point where I'm not even excited about any kind of Blueprint iron image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> .

I get it. The S series Pings are special. I got rid of my 56's and I'm going to try the Iblades with some steelfiber graphite shafts and see how that works out. From what little I hit them, the Iblades give me a bit more confidence over the ball and they felt awesome. My first venture into the world of graphite for over 20 years. Have a great season Ryan!
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 7,043 ✭✭
    Color me ignorant but never hit S55 but own iblade...... enjoying them immensely.....am I missing anything?
    SwooshLT wrote:

Color me ignorant but never hit S55 but own iblade...... enjoying them immensely.....am I missing anything?
    IMO nope. you'd find no more enjoyment if you started with iBlade and went to S55 than if you started with S55 and went to iBlade. my assumption is if you fall in love with one of them first, the second one becomes completely unnecessary.

•  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 7,043 ✭✭

SwooshLT wrote:

IMO nope. you'd find no more enjoyment if you started with iBlade and went to S55 than if you started with S55 and went to iBlade. my assumption is if you fall in love with one of them first, the second one becomes completely unnecessary.

Thanks bud ..... next up a Sigma 2 adjustable anser putter! Also I added dynalite gold XP to them and they fit my tempo MUCH better.....
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Posts: 2,195 ClubWRX
    Love the Darby F. You find the i500 4 iron much easier to hit versus the s55?
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • I blade irons are the real deal so smooth
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Posts: 2,195 ClubWRX

Enjoyed the practice round footage. Nice tempo. I always try to learn something and I like your tempo.
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches