Anti-hook, low spin driver

13»

Comments

• sparkyhsparkyh Members  63WRX Points: 48Posts: 63 Bunkers
    G30 ls Tec is the most anti hook driver I have ever played, far more than the newer ping versions. Cobra Ltd pro runs it close second.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • manima1manima1 ChicagoMembers  774WRX Points: 136Handicap: 9.8Posts: 774 Golden Tee
    Stanks wrote:

nybluebird wrote:

Stanks wrote:

It's funny because, you are using what has been widely considered one of the best drivers put out by Taylormade.

Fix your swing, not your driver. You'll do the same thing with another driver unless it promotes more spin.

A new driver is a band aid.

I hear you. My misses overall are left, but I'm a pretty good stick who is aging and don't currently have a ton of time on my hands to really get better. I was a +2.5 or so at one point (not any more), so I doubt I'm going to really improve much. Just looking to optimize my equipment to best suit my common miss....left. Hence the request for suggestions from my wrx people who may have more knowledge and may suffer the same as me.

I hear ya, brother. No offense intended at all. Hope none taken.

I'm a huge advocate (as well as most pros, fitters and coaches) for us amateurs and low / high cappers alike to LOFT UP, get more spin (2200 - 2400 depending on swing speed) and ideally, make sure you have the right shaft and right club head and your gamer ball with yuo at the time of being fit.

When you start looking at low low spin drivers then, you will find your slices hard over right and your draws hard hook left. Ya you'll get the 1/10 immaculate shots that will roll out 360+ yards but, I'd take consistency any day. Hence, why I went M6, EF white, and play Nike RZN Tour / TP5 Balls. I know what I'm hitting and I'm much better for it.

Agree with your philosophy here, but averaging 2200-2400 is a very low spin target point, nothing high spin about those numbers. Unless your bringing 170+ ballspeeds, you don't want to live any lower than that. 2500 is a better average target for the mid/high capper. That way, the very high toe shot isn't a 1200rpm knuckle falling out of the air 50 yards left.
    Posted:
    M5 9.0->7.5 - Kuro Kage Dual Core 80tx 
    '16 M2HL 16.8 tour issued deep faced - Fujikura 8.3 TS
    zU45 18 degree - S400
    z745 4-PW - S400
    SM6 50.08F - S400 Steel Gray
    SM7 54.10S - S400 Raw
    TM Hi-Toe 60.12ATV - S400 Black
    TM Spider X - Navy
  • getitdailygetitdaily Members  3434WRX Points: 507Handicap: +.5Posts: 3,434 Titanium Tees
    Find a 16 m2 in 9.5. Turn it to the lowest loft setting. If you spin that up or hit it left then

Go get lessons, your swing is funky.
    Posted:
  • nybluebirdnybluebird Members  426WRX Points: 50Posts: 426 Bunkers
    I've got an opportunity to snag a 8.5 g400 LST with a GD ad MT-7x for a pretty dang good price. Brand

new (or like new) for a song and a cup of coffee. Should I pull the trigger? Why as a grown a$$ man do I seek approval of other grown a$$ men? Lol image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    Posted:
  • cbbaroncbbaron Quincy MassMembers  1207WRX Points: 212Handicap: 9.1Posts: 1,207 Platinum Tees
    nybluebird wrote:

I've got an opportunity to snag a 8.5 g400 LST with a GD ad MT-7x for a pretty dang good price. Brand

new (or like new) for a song and a cup of coffee. Should I pull the trigger? Why as a grown a$$ man do I seek approval of other grown a$$ men? Lol image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    Sometimes you just have to say WTF
    Posted:
    Driver Ping G400 Max Hzrdas Yellow
    3w Titleist 915 Aldila Silver
    19 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    22 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    5- Pw Mizuno HMP Nippon Modus 120
    50  Vokey 50 Sm7 F grind
    54  Vokey 54 SM7 S grind
    58    Vokey 58 SM5 S grind
    Putter Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0
  • BookerBooker Members  798WRX Points: 98Posts: 798 Golden Tee
    2016 m2 turned down and Ltd pro would be my suggestions, m3 turned down would be right up there. If you can find an older tour issued head with a face angle of 2.5-4.0 that would be another option. Superfast tp long hosel or superfast tp 2.0 were very fade bias heads.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • pollock21pollock21 Members  742WRX Points: 98Handicap: 7.6Posts: 742 Golden Tee
    Let's not forget to point out to the OP about the "design flaw" with the SLDR. I think there were extensive threads about it, but if I recall, wasn't the adapter causing it to be way too weight biased towards the heel resulting in a lot of lefts? I think guys were replacing a weighted toe screw or something to offset it. Regardless, the SLDR is one of the longest and lowest MOI heads produced. Nameless options are gonna help bump up MOI and anything really flat is gonna be as anti-left as your swing allows.

No head is gonna correct a snap hook swing flaw, but there are some great options. I know a few guys mentioned it, but the King LTD Pro is about as flat and anti-left as they get. I mean big time.
    Posted:
    Driver: Ho
    Fairway: 16M2 15* & 18*
    Irons: Ho
    Wedges: Ping Glide Stealth 50* PXLZ 6.5, 54* & 60* PXLZ 7.0
    Putter: Scotty Newport 2
  • shaolingolfershaolingolfer Members  168WRX Points: 91Posts: 168 Fairways
    TS 3 with the C1 setting and weight in the toe.
    Posted:
    Titleist 10.5 TS2, GD AD TP 6S
    Titleist 16.5 TS2, GD AD TP 6S
    Callaway Apex 2 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie Stiff
    Callaway Apex 4 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie Stiff
    Callaway Apex 19 5 Hybrid Project X Cataylst 70 6.0
    Srixon Z765 5-P Modus 120 Stiff
    50, 54, 60 Ping Stealth Glide 2.0 AWT
    Scotty Cameron Big Sur S 47"
  • BookerBooker Members  798WRX Points: 98Posts: 798 Golden Tee
    This is about as anti hook as you will find
    Posted:
  • ClubChamp88ClubChamp88 ClubWRX  69WRX Points: 17Handicap: 1Posts: 69 ClubWRX
    I had the ping GMAX and fought a hook.....TS3 is antihook machine and low spin,launch....get one.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.