New Odyssey Arm Lock putters

Comments

• lanejsllanejsl  32WRX Points: 17Members Posts: 32

I don't know how to link to an Instagram thread, but Odyssey's just responded to someone that they'll be released on Friday on the Odyssey website.

So there's that! Maybe this will work:

Great info. Thank you for posting.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***  31882WRX Points: 1,669Members Posts: 31,882
    The stores in my area have no knowledge of these puttters either.
    Posted:
  • lanejsllanejsl  32WRX Points: 17Members Posts: 32
    br61 wrote:

Really? I went to Dallas area for a weekend trip and saw them last Friday at PGA Superstore(Preston Village Center). Tuttle felt nice. Smoke Apex were there on display.

I'll be honest, I didn't know much about them at that time, learning more about them since then and regretting not checking them out further.
    This is an armlock thread. I’m pretty sure the Tuttle isn’t coming in an armlock variation.
    Posted:
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW Missouri 2705WRX Points: 178Handicap: +0.8Members Posts: 2,705
    lanejsl wrote:

br61 wrote:

Really? I went to Dallas area for a weekend trip and saw them last Friday at PGA Superstore(Preston Village Center). Tuttle felt nice. Smoke Apex were there on display.

I'll be honest, I didn't know much about them at that time, learning more about them since then and regretting not checking them out further.
    This is an armlock thread. I'm pretty sure the Tuttle isn't coming in an armlock variation.

Ok, my post has been deleted. I was just mentioning about what I saw.

I'll step back to my lurking mode.
    Posted:
    My bag of hacking utensils;

Callaway Epic Flash TC 10.5, Speeder Evolution V 661 stiff(45")
    Epic TI 15* Speeder Evolution II 765 stiff
    Rogue 7 wood IROC stiff
    '18 X-Forged Utility 24* $-Taper 120
    Callaway '19 Smoke Apex Pro 5-PW Black $-Taper 120
    Callaway Black MD4 52S & 58S
    Bobby Grace LFI 43" or Gauge Design 303SS Tour Only 34"

Old GHIN HC +0.8
    New WHC +1.3

• Ripper859Ripper859 Northern Kentucky / Cincinnati 106WRX Points: 53Handicap: 10Members Posts: 106
    Sergio is now using an armlock putter.
    Posted:
  • cantoswedecantoswede  182WRX Points: 83Handicap: 3.4Members Posts: 182
    These things are live on Odyssey's website. Standard orders are ready to ship and custom orders take 1-2 weeks. I just custom ordered the Double Wide Armlock putter, 40 inches, 3 degrees up (75 lie). Can't wait to test it out in a couple of weeks!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic  3416WRX Points: 441Handicap: 3.0Members Posts: 3,416
    I'd have liked to see a 2Ball armlock. Too bad it's only available as a broomstick.
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 10.5° w/ Aldila Rogue White 130 X
    Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro 13.5° w/ Fuji Speeder 757 S
    Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5° w/ Nippon NS Pro 950FW S-Flex Tipped 1"
    Yonex Ezone CB-301 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 125X
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Raw 50S, 56X, 62C 
    MgBr Ping Anser

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***  31882WRX Points: 1,669Members Posts: 31,882
    Went to my local GG yesterday, they still have no clue on these.
    Posted:
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner  656WRX Points: 406Members Posts: 656
    I have to think that GG isn't actually getting these and the guy I talked to was mistaking my question for the Toulon Stroke Lab. The GG site doesn't list them on their launch calendar and they don't currently stock any arm lock putters.

I think I'm going to give the Double Wide a go at 39 inches. That should be about two inches from my elbow crease. I wish I could try it first, but I'll keep the wrapper on in case I totally hate how it feels.

A few nice things: the price is the same as the new Stroke Labs, where I feared it'd be way more. The sole weights are interchangeable (whenever the weight kit is released that is). The color scheme is the traditional Odyssey black and red. Nice looking headcovers, too.
    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190
    Adams Tight Lies 16 deg. 4 wood
    Srixon Z H45 3 & 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway MD4 W Grind 60 deg.
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #8
  • Rpete33Rpete33  577WRX Points: 70Handicap: 18Members Posts: 577
    I have no access to these so I will be ordering blind, I love the idea and this it would help me in the putting game, I will have get a double wide with the lie angle up 3 degrees, thinking 39 inches, might just order standard length then have my local shop cut it accordingly. I will also be putting a Superstroke 17 sideways on it
    Posted:
  • QwiklapQwiklap An aspiring hacker ...  633WRX Points: 70Members Posts: 633
    As an armlock guy -- I welcome new offerings in the area. I have one of Odyssey's older armlock variants and like it.

What we really need is for Superstroke and other grip makers to stop making all the jumbo long (21") grips tour only.

Hey manufacturers, you have more and more tour players in armlock putters and support them ... how about supporting the recreational golfer that made the switch as well?
    Posted:
    • Cobra F9 9* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange V2 60TX (44.5")
    • Srixon F85 3+ w/ Aldila Xtorsion Copper 70TX (42.5")
    • Cobra F7 2-3 @ 17.5* Hybrid Matrix Red Tie 85g stiff
    • Srixon U65 4i w/ VA Raijin shaft
    • Taylormade 2019 P790 5-GW w/ KBS C-Taper Lite 110g
    • Vokey SM6 F-grind 54*
    • Ping Glide Forged 58*
    • LAB Directed Force Reno 2.1 Armlock

Advertisement

I have to think that GG isn't actually getting these and the guy I talked to was mistaking my question for the Toulon Stroke Lab. The GG site doesn't list them on their launch calendar and they don't currently stock any arm lock putters.

I think I'm going to give the Double Wide a go at 39 inches. That should be about two inches from my elbow crease. I wish I could try it first, but I'll keep the wrapper on in case I totally hate how it feels.

A few nice things: the price is the same as the new Stroke Labs, where I feared it'd be way more. The sole weights are interchangeable (whenever the weight kit is released that is). The color scheme is the traditional Odyssey black and red. Nice looking headcovers, too.

I would definitely recommend being more committed to armlock if you plan on giving it a try. It takes time to adjust to the new putter, and the heavier head. Distance control definitely will be an issue when you first start, and you likely will be frustrated early on. Last year I committed to myself that I would give it a full season. And I am never going back to traditional. The complete elimination of wrist hinge make me believe these putters are fantastic for the recreational golfer.
    Posted:
    • Vokey SM6 F-grind 54*
    • Ping Glide Forged 58*
  • PreppySlapCutPreppySlapCut This is just babytown frolics...  6555WRX Points: 240Members Posts: 6,555
    Qwiklap wrote:

I would definitely recommend being more committed to armlock if you plan on giving it a try. It takes time to adjust to the new putter, and the heavier head. Distance control definitely will be an issue when you first start, and you likely will be frustrated early on. Last year I committed to myself that I would give it a full season. And I am never going back to traditional. The complete elimination of wrist hinge make me believe these putters are fantastic for the recreational golfer.

Unfortunately it’s also a tough fit. I think it’s an outstanding method, but there’s a reason it took Kuch so long to settle on a model/specs.
    Posted:
    Ping G410+ 9* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD GP-6 (X)
    Ping G 14.5* & 19.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
    Ping G30 22* w/ Accra Kuchar Proto 85 (X)
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox
    cantoswede wrote:

These things are live on Odyssey's website. Standard orders are ready to ship and custom orders take 1-2 weeks. I just custom ordered the Double Wide Armlock putter, 40 inches, 3 degrees up (75 lie). Can't wait to test it out in a couple of weeks!

39 inch models are a few weeks behind...
    Posted:
    Qwiklap wrote:

I definitely plan on giving it a serious try (especially at $250). I've tried the method using a regular tank putter with the ball way forward as an experiment and loved the stable feeling (obviously the results weren't great because of the set up, but that'll be alleviated with the arm lock specific putter). My only concern is with the length and lie angle. I just don't see that there is a realistic fitting option prior to purchasing. So, if I feel like it's not right, I'll just send it back for a new one.

My problem with putting is definitely wristiness. Counterbalance putters are okay, but I think this is the next step.

The biggest concern I have is not with the length, lie, loft, or anything like that... it's just where in the **** am I going to put this in my bag? It'll look weird in the putter well surrounded by all my wedges. Do I put it with the woods and leave the putter well empty, or put a wedge where the putter would usually go? No idea!
    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190
  • provxprovx  863WRX Points: 109Members Posts: 863
    Custom order options for length and lie, well done odyssey.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
    Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
    Biomech Acculock
    Snell MTB Black

Advertisement

Unfortunately it's also a tough fit. I think it's an outstanding method, but there's a reason it took Kuch so long to settle on a model/specs.

I totally agree -- I am not sure if mine are fit right. The Odyssey is more upright and longer (40") and my Betti is more flat and shorter (39") - both are supposedly stock lie, and 7* loft. I never did a fitting -- got both off BST. I plan schedule a fitting and try to figure it out.
    Posted:
    • Vokey SM6 F-grind 54*
    • Ping Glide Forged 58*
  • broth518broth518 Channel 5 News Team Member  928WRX Points: 63Members Posts: 928
  • LeftyNCLeftyNC  182WRX Points: 55Members Posts: 182
    Is anyone offering a arm lock putter in left-hand? I can't find any.

As a lefty, it seems that my only choice in a new putter is a Odyssey Tank played off my front toe. I have experimented with one of my old belly putters played well forward, with the shaft vertical, and I seem to putt very well that way. I sorta like my eyes well behind the ball. Thoughts?
    Posted:
  • Njames.cook2014Njames.cook2014  131WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 131
    Just bought one, will report back when it’s shipped!
    Posted:
  • provxprovx  863WRX Points: 109Members Posts: 863
    LeftyNC wrote:

Is anyone offering a arm lock putter in left-hand? I can't find any.

As a lefty, it seems that my only choice in a new putter is a Odyssey Tank played off my front toe. I have experimented with one of my old belly putters played well forward, with the shaft vertical, and I seem to putt very well that way. I sorta like my eyes well behind the ball. Thoughts?

I know biomech does, i game the right handed version, but its not everyones cup of tea.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
    Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
    Biomech Acculock
    Snell MTB Black

Advertisement
    Well my wife might kill me but I’m going all in on arm lock, orders v line 40 inches 3 up to a 75 degree lie...sad I have up to 2 weeks to get it!
    Posted:
  • golf9596golf9596  2119WRX Points: 159Handicap: 6Members Posts: 2,119
    I have a #1 Wide 39" on order. Not sure if this is going to work, bu t I need a change on the greens and this looks like a great choice. This has been a big change on tour this year. There are a number on name players going with the arm lock, hope it works for me.
    Posted:
    Driver..Ping G410 LST-PO-70S/ Mavirk w/Ventus black (on order)
    Callaway Flash Sub Zero 15* W/Project-X Smoke 70-S
    Callaway Flash 19* Hybrid w/Tensei white-70-S
    PXG #3 0311 XF with Pro 2.0-80-S
    Adams MB2 5-pw w/SteelFiber 110-S
    Vokey 51*SM7(TM Milled 2.0 56*)
    Scotty Special 2.5 on order
    Jones  Carry
    TM TP5-X
  • cantoswedecantoswede  182WRX Points: 83Handicap: 3.4Members Posts: 182
    Just received my shipping confirmation! It was supposed to take 1-2 weeks because I customized the lie angle, but it only took 4 days!! Odyssey killing it right now! I'll take some pictures and give a review once I get it.
    Posted:
    Mine shipped as well, and I ordered a custom length. Very pleasantly surprised!
    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190
    cantoswede wrote:
    Just received my shipping confirmation! It was supposed to take 1-2 weeks because I customized the lie angle, but it only took 4 days!! Odyssey killing it right now! I'll take some pictures and give a review once I get it.

When did you order yours? Hopefully mine ships soon too as I custom ordered lie angle
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • pre0024pre0024  270WRX Points: 47Handicap: 8Members Posts: 270

I'd have liked to see a 2Ball armlock. Too bad it's only available as a broomstick.

Wonder if the broom could be modified to arm lock?
    Posted:
    WITB<br />PING G400 Max 10.5° Fuji Pro tour spec 73x<br />3i i500 tourspx vts silver 100x, 4i i200, 6, 8, 9, P iBlade Nippon Modus 130x<br />PING Glide 2.0 50ss, 54ss Nippon Modus 130x<br />Byron 007
  • RH82RH82 Alberta, Canada 2281WRX Points: 205Members Posts: 2,281
    I asked Odyssey if I could order an armlock longer than 42" and it was a no. I need 45" to make it work. I'm kinda tempted to try a broomstick putter at 52".
    Posted:

Taylormade M2 (10.5*)

TEE CBX (16.5*)

Callaway Apex (20*)

Srixon Z785 (4-6) Z Forged (7-PW)

Cleveland RTX-4 (50*/56*/60*)

Taylormade Spider X

• Deuce78Deuce78  1322WRX Points: 127Members Posts: 1,322
    RH82 wrote:
    I asked Odyssey if I could order an armlock longer than 42" and it was a no. I need 45" to make it work. I'm kinda tempted to try a broomstick putter at 52".

That's about the length I play my arm locks. Sent you a DM... perhaps you may like one of mine.
    Posted:
    M5/G410
    On -, @6.5 loft HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.5

PING G410 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5 
    PING G410 17.5 HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5
    Nike vapor fly pro 2 iron black tie 105x
    MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/5-7-965 combo/MP63/iblade 3-PW/P7TW 3-PW
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/Glide 2.0/ vacant 52 / TVD K 58
    NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x/Steelfiber 125x/S400
    Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK/custom Arm Locks-Scotty, Odyssey, TM

Advertisement
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic  3416WRX Points: 441Handicap: 3.0Members Posts: 3,416
    pre0024 wrote:

Wonder if the broom could be modified to arm lock?

Lie angle could be an issue. The broomstick is 78*
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 10.5° w/ Aldila Rogue White 130 X
    Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro 13.5° w/ Fuji Speeder 757 S
    Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5° w/ Nippon NS Pro 950FW S-Flex Tipped 1"
    Yonex Ezone CB-301 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 125X
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Raw 50S, 56X, 62C 
    MgBr Ping Anser

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.