New Odyssey Arm Lock putters

Comments

• lanejsllanejsl Members Posts: 28 ✭✭

I don't know how to link to an Instagram thread, but Odyssey's just responded to someone that they'll be released on Friday on the Odyssey website.

So there's that! Maybe this will work:

Great info. Thank you for posting.
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,353 ✭✭
    The stores in my area have no knowledge of these puttters either.
  • lanejsllanejsl Members Posts: 28 ✭✭
    br61 wrote:

Really? I went to Dallas area for a weekend trip and saw them last Friday at PGA Superstore(Preston Village Center). Tuttle felt nice. Smoke Apex were there on display.

I'll be honest, I didn't know much about them at that time, learning more about them since then and regretting not checking them out further.
    This is an armlock thread. I’m pretty sure the Tuttle isn’t coming in an armlock variation.
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers Posts: 2,615 ✭✭
    lanejsl wrote:

br61 wrote:

Really? I went to Dallas area for a weekend trip and saw them last Friday at PGA Superstore(Preston Village Center). Tuttle felt nice. Smoke Apex were there on display.

I'll be honest, I didn't know much about them at that time, learning more about them since then and regretting not checking them out further.
    This is an armlock thread. I'm pretty sure the Tuttle isn't coming in an armlock variation.

Ok, my post has been deleted. I was just mentioning about what I saw.

I'll step back to my lurking mode.
    My bag of hacking utensils;

Titleist TS3 9.5 PX Even Flow White 6.0(45")
    917F2 16.5* Diamana D+ 80 stiff
    816H1 21 & 25 Speeder 8.8 stiff
    J15CB 5-PW Modus 120 stiff
    TM MG Bronze, 52*,56* & 60*
    Bobby Grace LFI 43"

• Ripper859Ripper859 Northern Kentucky / CincinnatiMembers Posts: 87 ✭✭
    Sergio is now using an armlock putter.
  • cantoswedecantoswede Posts: 179 ✭✭
    These things are live on Odyssey's website. Standard orders are ready to ship and custom orders take 1-2 weeks. I just custom ordered the Double Wide Armlock putter, 40 inches, 3 degrees up (75 lie). Can't wait to test it out in a couple of weeks!
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,020 ✭✭
    I'd have liked to see a 2Ball armlock. Too bad it's only available as a broomstick.
    Callaway Gbb Epic Forged 9.5°
    TM M2 DF 16.5° 
    Honma TW737 FWc 21° 
    TM RSI UDI 3 
    TM 2011 MC Onset 4-PW
    Cobra King Pur 54°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    TW Ardmore
    Went to my local GG yesterday, they still have no clue on these.
  • I have to think that GG isn't actually getting these and the guy I talked to was mistaking my question for the Toulon Stroke Lab. The GG site doesn't list them on their launch calendar and they don't currently stock any arm lock putters.

I think I'm going to give the Double Wide a go at 39 inches. That should be about two inches from my elbow crease. I wish I could try it first, but I'll keep the wrapper on in case I totally hate how it feels.

A few nice things: the price is the same as the new Stroke Labs, where I feared it'd be way more. The sole weights are interchangeable (whenever the weight kit is released that is). The color scheme is the traditional Odyssey black and red. Nice looking headcovers, too.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood
    Callaway Great Big Bertha Heavenwood
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 493 ✭✭
    I have no access to these so I will be ordering blind, I love the idea and this it would help me in the putting game, I will have get a double wide with the lie angle up 3 degrees, thinking 39 inches, might just order standard length then have my local shop cut it accordingly. I will also be putting a Superstroke 17 sideways on it
  • QwiklapQwiklap An aspiring hacker ... Members Posts: 576 ✭✭
    As an armlock guy -- I welcome new offerings in the area. I have one of Odyssey's older armlock variants and like it.

What we really need is for Superstroke and other grip makers to stop making all the jumbo long (21") grips tour only.

Hey manufacturers, you have more and more tour players in armlock putters and support them ... how about supporting the recreational golfer that made the switch as well?
    Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 MSI 50TX (44.5")
    Ping G400 3W Stretch @ 13.6* w/ Aldila Xtorsion Copper 70TX (43")
    Cobra F7 2-3h @ 17.5* w/ Matrix HQ3 Red Tie S-flex
    Cobra F7 3-4h @ 20.5* w/ VA Composites Raijin 84 hybrid four
    Srixon Z565 5-PW & Z765 AW w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95 S-flex
    Callaway MD PM-Grind 56* & 60*
    Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2 Arm Lock or
    Odyssey Metal X #7 Arm Lock

I have to think that GG isn't actually getting these and the guy I talked to was mistaking my question for the Toulon Stroke Lab. The GG site doesn't list them on their launch calendar and they don't currently stock any arm lock putters.

I think I'm going to give the Double Wide a go at 39 inches. That should be about two inches from my elbow crease. I wish I could try it first, but I'll keep the wrapper on in case I totally hate how it feels.

A few nice things: the price is the same as the new Stroke Labs, where I feared it'd be way more. The sole weights are interchangeable (whenever the weight kit is released that is). The color scheme is the traditional Odyssey black and red. Nice looking headcovers, too.

I would definitely recommend being more committed to armlock if you plan on giving it a try. It takes time to adjust to the new putter, and the heavier head. Distance control definitely will be an issue when you first start, and you likely will be frustrated early on. Last year I committed to myself that I would give it a full season. And I am never going back to traditional. The complete elimination of wrist hinge make me believe these putters are fantastic for the recreational golfer.
  • PreppySlapCutPreppySlapCut This is just babytown frolics... Members Posts: 6,369 ✭✭
    Qwiklap wrote:

I have to think that GG isn't actually getting these and the guy I talked to was mistaking my question for the Toulon Stroke Lab. The GG site doesn't list them on their launch calendar and they don't currently stock any arm lock putters.

I would definitely recommend being more committed to armlock if you plan on giving it a try. It takes time to adjust to the new putter, and the heavier head. Distance control definitely will be an issue when you first start, and you likely will be frustrated early on. Last year I committed to myself that I would give it a full season. And I am never going back to traditional. The complete elimination of wrist hinge make me believe these putters are fantastic for the recreational golfer.

Unfortunately it’s also a tough fit. I think it’s an outstanding method, but there’s a reason it took Kuch so long to settle on a model/specs.
    Ping G400 MAX 9* w/ Tour 65 (S)
    Ping G 14.5* & 19.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
    Ping G30 22* w/ Accra Kuchar Proto 85 (X)
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox
    cantoswede wrote:

These things are live on Odyssey's website. Standard orders are ready to ship and custom orders take 1-2 weeks. I just custom ordered the Double Wide Armlock putter, 40 inches, 3 degrees up (75 lie). Can't wait to test it out in a couple of weeks!

39 inch models are a few weeks behind...
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited Feb 15, 2019 12:39pm #76
    Qwiklap wrote:

I definitely plan on giving it a serious try (especially at $250). I've tried the method using a regular tank putter with the ball way forward as an experiment and loved the stable feeling (obviously the results weren't great because of the set up, but that'll be alleviated with the arm lock specific putter). My only concern is with the length and lie angle. I just don't see that there is a realistic fitting option prior to purchasing. So, if I feel like it's not right, I'll just send it back for a new one.

My problem with putting is definitely wristiness. Counterbalance putters are okay, but I think this is the next step.

The biggest concern I have is not with the length, lie, loft, or anything like that... it's just where in the **** am I going to put this in my bag? It'll look weird in the putter well surrounded by all my wedges. Do I put it with the woods and leave the putter well empty, or put a wedge where the putter would usually go? No idea!
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
  • provxprovx Members Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Custom order options for length and lie, well done odyssey.
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
    Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
    Biomech Acculock
    Snell MTB Black

Unfortunately it's also a tough fit. I think it's an outstanding method, but there's a reason it took Kuch so long to settle on a model/specs.

I totally agree -- I am not sure if mine are fit right. The Odyssey is more upright and longer (40") and my Betti is more flat and shorter (39") - both are supposedly stock lie, and 7* loft. I never did a fitting -- got both off BST. I plan schedule a fitting and try to figure it out.
  • LeftyNCLeftyNC Members Posts: 182
    Is anyone offering a arm lock putter in left-hand? I can't find any.

As a lefty, it seems that my only choice in a new putter is a Odyssey Tank played off my front toe. I have experimented with one of my old belly putters played well forward, with the shaft vertical, and I seem to putt very well that way. I sorta like my eyes well behind the ball. Thoughts?
  • Just bought one, will report back when it’s shipped!
  • provxprovx Members Posts: 821 ✭✭
    LeftyNC wrote:

Is anyone offering a arm lock putter in left-hand? I can't find any.

As a lefty, it seems that my only choice in a new putter is a Odyssey Tank played off my front toe. I have experimented with one of my old belly putters played well forward, with the shaft vertical, and I seem to putt very well that way. I sorta like my eyes well behind the ball. Thoughts?

I know biomech does, i game the right handed version, but its not everyones cup of tea.
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
    Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
    Biomech Acculock
    Snell MTB Black
    Well my wife might kill me but I’m going all in on arm lock, orders v line 40 inches 3 up to a 75 degree lie...sad I have up to 2 weeks to get it!
  • golf9596golf9596 Members Posts: 2,076 ✭✭
    I have a #1 Wide 39" on order. Not sure if this is going to work, bu t I need a change on the greens and this looks like a great choice. This has been a big change on tour this year. There are a number on name players going with the arm lock, hope it works for me.
    Driver Ping G410-Tensei Orange-70-S
    3 Wood M6 Project-X 75-S
    TM Stage 2 #3 Hybrid-Speeder-S
    Srixon Z-Blades 4-PW LZ-6.0
    Putter.....Odyssey #1 wide Stroke Lab 33.5"
    Vokey Custom 52* SM7......Mac Daddy PM..58*
    Jones Original
    Pro V 1 (2017)
  • cantoswedecantoswede Posts: 179 ✭✭
    Just received my shipping confirmation! It was supposed to take 1-2 weeks because I customized the lie angle, but it only took 4 days!! Odyssey killing it right now! I'll take some pictures and give a review once I get it.
  • Mine shipped as well, and I ordered a custom length. Very pleasantly surprised!
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    cantoswede wrote:
    Just received my shipping confirmation! It was supposed to take 1-2 weeks because I customized the lie angle, but it only took 4 days!! Odyssey killing it right now! I'll take some pictures and give a review once I get it.

When did you order yours? Hopefully mine ships soon too as I custom ordered lie angle
  • pre0024pre0024 Members Posts: 269 ✭✭

I'd have liked to see a 2Ball armlock. Too bad it's only available as a broomstick.

Wonder if the broom could be modified to arm lock?
    WITB<br />PING G400 Max 10.5° Fuji Pro tour spec 73x<br />3i i500 tourspx vts silver 100x, 4i i200, 6, 8, 9, P iBlade Nippon Modus 130x<br />PING Glide 2.0 50ss, 54ss Nippon Modus 130x<br />Byron 007
  • RH82RH82 Members Posts: 1,982 ✭✭
    I asked Odyssey if I could order an armlock longer than 42" and it was a no. I need 45" to make it work. I'm kinda tempted to try a broomstick putter at 52".
    Cobra King KTD Pro (9.5*)
    Titleist 917 F2 (16.5*)
    Callaway Apex (20*)
    Srixon Z785 (4-PW)
    Cleveland RTX-4 (50*/56*/60*)
    Toulon Madison
  • RH82 wrote:
    I asked Odyssey if I could order an armlock longer than 42" and it was a no. I need 45" to make it work. I'm kinda tempted to try a broomstick putter at 52".

That's about the length I play my arm locks. Sent you a DM... perhaps you may like one of mine.
    TM M2 TI 7.9*, Tour spec 8.2x/Epic SZ 8.0 (-1), HZRDUS
    917f3 15/ Diamana Ltd Blue S+ 80TX
    917f2 18/ Diamana Ltd Blue S+ 80TX
    MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/5-7-965 combo/MP63
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
    NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x
    Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK
    WITB Link
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,020 ✭✭
    pre0024 wrote:

Wonder if the broom could be modified to arm lock?

Lie angle could be an issue. The broomstick is 78*
    Callaway Gbb Epic Forged 9.5°
    TM M2 DF 16.5° 
    Honma TW737 FWc 21° 
    TM RSI UDI 3 
    TM 2011 MC Onset 4-PW
    Cobra King Pur 54°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    TW Ardmore