New Odyssey Arm Lock putters

Comments

• ttm27ttm27 Members Posts: 1,012 ✭✭
    edited Feb 20, 2019 2:29pm #92
    Arm lock not quite as popular as belly putters were back when that was legal, but enough guys are using armlock on tour now that you’d think OEM’s would be making them more readily available. Was very easy to get a belly putter back in the day from Ping, TM, Odyssey etc.
  • cantoswedecantoswede Members Posts: 180 ✭✭
    Rpete33 wrote:

cantoswede wrote:
    Just received my shipping confirmation! It was supposed to take 1-2 weeks because I customized the lie angle, but it only took 4 days!! Odyssey killing it right now! I'll take some pictures and give a review once I get it.

When did you order yours? Hopefully mine ships soon too as I custom ordered lie angle

I ordered it off their website around 12:30am on Friday
  • bellairemibellairemi Members Posts: 406 ✭✭
    provx wrote:

LeftyNC wrote:

Is anyone offering a arm lock putter in left-hand? I can't find any.

As a lefty, it seems that my only choice in a new putter is a Odyssey Tank played off my front toe. I have experimented with one of my old belly putters played well forward, with the shaft vertical, and I seem to putt very well that way. I sorta like my eyes well behind the ball. Thoughts?

I know biomech does, i game the right handed version, but its not everyones cup of tea.

How do you like the Biomech? I like the idea of the upright lie as I know I see the line better.
  • bellairemibellairemi Members Posts: 406 ✭✭
    RH82 wrote:

I asked Odyssey if I could order an armlock longer than 42" and it was a no. I need 45" to make it work. I'm kinda tempted to try a broomstick putter at 52".

Agreed - finding a longer one is nearly impossible. I am disappointed that Odyssey would not have that option as 42" is not all that long.
    RH82 wrote:

I asked Odyssey if I could order an armlock longer than 42" and it was a no. I need 45" to make it work. I'm kinda tempted to try a broomstick putter at 52".

You could ask them if they would ship it to you without the grip on. If you have a golf store in your area it's a pretty simple process for them to add 3 inches to a putter and then put the grip on.
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Members Posts: 1,463 ✭✭
    cantoswede wrote:

RH82 wrote:

You could ask them if they would ship it to you without the grip on. If you have a golf store in your area it's a pretty simple process for them to add 3 inches to a putter and then put the grip on.
    For like $10 - maybe - without the grip
    Taylormade M5, 9*, Tensei Pro White 70TX, 44.75"
    Taylormade M5, 15*, Tensei Pro White 80TX, 42.75"
    TaylorMade P790 UDI, 17*, Project X Hzrdus Black 85 - 6.5 or M3 20* Hybrid, Kuro Kage XT 100TX
    TaylorMade P.7TW, 4-W, DG Tour Issue X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 Raw, 52-mid, 56-mid and 60-low
    Titleist Cameron Tour Rat 1-M 
    2019 TM TP5x
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 324 ✭✭
    Mine's on the UPS truck and out for delivery today, which is pretty nuts considering:

(1) I ordered less than a week ago at a custom length (39"), which was noted as taking 1-2 weeks to ship.

(2) I just picked the regular free UPS ground shipping and not an expedited speed.

(3) My package was supposedly at customs in Mexico last night! Which is somewhere in the vicinity of 2,000 miles away. I'm guessing the tracking info was off here.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Cobra King F6 Baffler, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • provxprovx Members Posts: 827 ✭✭
    bellairemi wrote:

provx wrote:

LeftyNC wrote:

Is anyone offering a arm lock putter in left-hand? I can't find any.

As a lefty, it seems that my only choice in a new putter is a Odyssey Tank played off my front toe. I have experimented with one of my old belly putters played well forward, with the shaft vertical, and I seem to putt very well that way. I sorta like my eyes well behind the ball. Thoughts?

I know biomech does, i game the right handed version, but its not everyones cup of tea.

How do you like the Biomech? I like the idea of the upright lie as I know I see the line better.

I own a bett armlock, odyssey #7 armlock, and odyssey 2 wide armlock and game the biomech.

Its the easiest to start online and most natural to setup with due to its design. The downside is its feels and looks like a**. It has a high pingy aluminum sound. I am the type of person who doesn’t care about looks, sound, feel as long as performance is good.

If it had an insert like this odyssey it would be near perfect, so i am considering ordering the odyssey mallet upright to test against.

Wasn’t a fan of the metal x inserts in the first odyssey arm locks but this one looks better
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
    Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
    Biomech Acculock
    Snell MTB Black
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 324 ✭✭
    Armlock arrived!

My first ten putts or so... totally hated it. Wanted to put it directly back into the box.

I've been fiddling around with it for about an hour now and I THINK I found a stance that works okay. Not going into the box just yet.

I do think maybe I would have liked a longer and more upright armlock.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Cobra King F6 Baffler, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers Posts: 2,624 ✭✭
    edited Feb 21, 2019 6:50pm #101
    Yesterday afternoon I ordered Odyssey Arm Lock V-Line through my club pro, initial availability was quoted for it to be shipped tomorrow. But when I checked the ordering page a hour ago, it said it is constrained and it will be 5+ weeks before it will be shipped. Just great and I probably will cancel my order in a week or so if it has not been updated.
    My bag of hacking utensils;

Titleist TS3 9.5 PX Even Flow White 6.0(45")
    917F2 16.5* Diamana D+ 80 stiff
    816H1 19 & 23 Speeder 8.8 stiff
    Z585 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
    TM MG Bronze, 56* & 60*
    Bobby Grace LFI 43"

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,472 ✭✭
    br61 wrote:

Yesterday afternoon I ordered Odyssey Arm Lock V-Line through my club pro, initial availability was quoted for it to be shipped tomorrow. But when I checked the ordering page a hour ago, it said it is constrained and it will be 5+ weeks before it will be shipped. Just great and I probably will cancel my order in a week or so if it has not been updated.

Same thing here man...
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers Posts: 2,624 ✭✭

br61 wrote:

Same thing here man...

It stinks and hope it isn't true.

Hope you're doing well.
    My bag of hacking utensils;

Titleist TS3 9.5 PX Even Flow White 6.0(45")
    917F2 16.5* Diamana D+ 80 stiff
    816H1 19 & 23 Speeder 8.8 stiff
    Z585 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
    TM MG Bronze, 56* & 60*
    Bobby Grace LFI 43"

• rwill522rwill522 Members Posts: 175 ✭✭
    I rolled the new odyssey armlocks today at pgass. I just can’t seem to line these armlock putters up. Not even close. I wasn’t even hitting the cup

On 5 foot putts. I really wanted to love it. Maybe just me but seems like it needs a ton of practice time to get used to.
    budcangolf wrote:

That’s the one that they’ve had out, the new ones have the white hot micro hinge like the new stroke lab and EXO putters and also have new graphics.

Anyone know where you can get the 2018 Tank Cruiser armlock with the white hot micro hinge insert? Odyssey seems to have removed it from their page?
    Just got home from work and this beauty was at my door. 40 inches, 3 degrees up and I love it. The head is beautiful and heavy. Looks and rolls very very well. I will agree with the poster above me that if you’re going to buy this putter get it as upright as possible. If you can have your arm and shaft be in a perfect straight line then it’s really easy to make a consistent stroke.
  • sbjinxsbjinx Orange CountyMembers Posts: 2,423 ✭✭
    Did they really have to put that silly arm lock graphic on the bottom.

Callaway Epic SZ - Project X Smoke
    TM M2 15* - Diamana S Ltd
    Callaway Apex - 19*
    Bridgestone J15 - 4-PW
    Titleist SM7 - 52* & 58*
    Spider X

sbjinx wrote:

I think it’s pretty funny, so I’m a fan! Now if you could see it address then I wouldn’t be a fan.
    sbjinx wrote:

I kind of like it e en though it’s different.
    Anyone know where I can find this armlock putter?
  • Rpete33Rpete33 Members Posts: 504 ✭✭
    I ordered my v line a week ago and haven’t received shipping info yet, I’m hoping I don’t have to wait 5+ weeks
  • NevinWNevinW Las VegasClubWRX Posts: 1,113 ClubWRX
    I just purchased a 40 inch V-line at PGA SS. Works great in practice, but we'll see how it behaves in battle. I tee off in an hour.
  • getgolfedgetgolfed Members Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited Feb 23, 2019 1:44pm #113
    I've got a V-Line 44" length, SuperStroke grip, 70* lie angle, 7.2* of loft with head cover if anyone is interested just message me
  • Need4spdNeed4spd Members Posts: 1,527 ✭✭
    PGASS in Phoenix has had them for the last week. I’m definitely not someone who could picture himself using one but I did pick one up and roll some putts with it and I have to admit, it’s very interesting. I’m not anywhere close to buying one yet but I can tell you that I will continue to tinker when I visit the store(s).
    In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M4 9.5° Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 60TX
    TaylorMade M2 15° Aldila ROGUE Silver 110 M.S.I. 70X
    TaylorMade RSi TP UDI #2 KBS TOUR Hybrid Prototype 95X
    Srixon Z965 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.10S, 60.12D Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Futura 6M 
    Titleist ProV1X 
    getgolfed wrote:

I've got a V-Line 44" length, SuperStroke grip, 70* lie angle, 7.2* of loft with head cover if anyone is interested just message me

Which model 2018 or 2019?
  • PreppySlapCutPreppySlapCut This is just babytown frolics... Members Posts: 6,391 ✭✭
    pre0024 wrote:

I'd have liked to see a 2Ball armlock. Too bad it's only available as a broomstick.

Wonder if the broom could be modified to arm lock?

Not in a simple way.
    Ping G400 MAX 9* w/ Tour 65 (S)
    Ping G 14.5* & 19.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
    Ping G30 22* w/ Accra Kuchar Proto 85 (X)
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox
    Mine finally shipped out, hopefully be here by early next week
  • 300_yard_drives300_yard_drives Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,186 ✭✭

pre0024 wrote:

I'd have liked to see a 2Ball armlock. Too bad it's only available as a broomstick.

Wonder if the broom could be modified to arm lock?

Not in a simple way.

My favorite armlock is a modified broomstick. Had to adjust the bend in the shaft but it is the best weight of any putter I have ever felt. Strokes itself
    Received mine today! I rolled it awhile at my house and I will admit it is a weird adjustment but I will have it in the bag all summer and I think it will help my game, I went 42 inches long and lie angle 75

• gunmetalgunmetal Members Posts: 1,827 ✭✭
    Saw these in PGA Superstore outside Salt Lake City. Rolled a few. Rolled a few more. Rolled 10 more. Walked to the counter and slapped my cc on the counter after never missing, image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> . Maybe I'm a sucker, but the elimination of wrist hinge seems nice. My guess is it's really going to feel nice standing over 4 footers in tournament play.

BTW - those who ordered and received, did yours come with a weight kit? Dude might have forgotten to give me mine.
    gunmetal wrote:
    Saw these in PGA Superstore outside Salt Lake City. Rolled a few. Rolled a few more. Rolled 10 more. Walked to the counter and slapped my cc on the counter after never missing, image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> . Maybe I'm a sucker, but the elimination of wrist hinge seems nice. My guess is it's really going to feel nice standing over 4 footers in tournament play.

BTW - those who ordered and received, did yours come with a weight kit? Dude might have forgotten to give me mine.

Did not come with a weight kit and I ordered mine on odyssey.com