We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

G410 irons...took the leap

bamagolf ·  
bamagolfbamagolf  184WRX Points: 110Members Posts: 184
I have been looking at a set of discounted Ping G irons in my local shop for a while. I went in this week and hit them on the simulator and thought they were OK. After that I hit the demo G410 and the difference was huge in both feel and distance. I went ahead and ordered the G410. They felt great and were consistently 10 yards longer than the G. Hey, you only live once right?
Posted:
Ping G400 LST 10* (set at 9*)
TM RBZ 15*
Callaway XR OS 3H 19*
Ping G410 4-7
Callaway Apex CF16 8-S
Ping Eye 2 L
SeeMore PTM 3 35”

Comments

• RSinSGRSinSG St George, UT (Formerly Palm Springs, CA) 3300WRX Points: 386ClubWRX Posts: 3,300
    As soon as the P790’s I have listed sell I’m getting some. I think they really look good. If they perform as advertised they will be a good match for me.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Tour AD DI S
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MacklessdaddyMacklessdaddy  539WRX Points: 118Members Posts: 539
    Shafts? Specs? Tell us more
    Posted:
    Ping G 10.5 Kuro Kage
    Ping G 3W
    Ping G 3 and 4 Hybrid Tour 90
    Ping G410 PX LZ 6.0
    Cleveland CBX 54 58
    Bridgestone TD-03 
  • BCULAWBCULAW Orlando, FL 3747WRX Points: 267Members Posts: 3,747
    I have always played blades or players CBs, but I have a real soft spot for the G series irons. Every time I hit some, I tell myself I should play them. I recently moved a bit closer to a set by going from my MP18s to a set of i500s. I really should take the plunge and go all the way to the G's.
    Posted:
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, Canada 7884WRX Points: 244Members Posts: 7,884
    Had the Gs, felt hard and 'clicky'. Demoed the 410s and these are a lot better in feel, look, performance for me. Great sticks and will be a great seller this yr.! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
    In the bag:

Demoing for 2020.

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly!
  • bamagolfbamagolf  184WRX Points: 110Members Posts: 184

Shafts? Specs? Tell us more

Stiff flex steel shafts, black dot (standard) lie angle. I didn’t see a need for a lie adjustment right away.
    Posted:
    TM RBZ 15*
    Callaway XR OS 3H 19*
    Ping G410 4-7
    Callaway Apex CF16 8-S
    Ping Eye 2 L
    SeeMore PTM 3 35”
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve  2557WRX Points: 406Members Posts: 2,557
    image/smilie_ping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smilie_ping:' /> image/worth.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':worth:' /> image/smilie_ping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smilie_ping:' />

image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Posted:
    • Cobra FMax SuperLite 12*
    • Cobra Baffler M Speed 5w
    • Cobra FMax Superlite 5h-GW
    • PING Eye 2 +no+ SW
    • Scotty Fastback

Advertisement
    sdandrea wrote:

image/smilie_ping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smilie_ping:' /> image/worth.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':worth:' /> image/smilie_ping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smilie_ping:' />

sdandrea wrote:

I’ll post pics when I get them. The shop ordered them from Ping while I was there. They said 7 to 10 days on delivery. All they had on hand was the heads on the fitting cart.
    Posted:
    TM RBZ 15*
    Callaway XR OS 3H 19*
    Ping G410 4-7
    Callaway Apex CF16 8-S
    Ping Eye 2 L
    SeeMore PTM 3 35”
  • Steele47Steele47  1546WRX Points: 710Members Posts: 1,546
    I'm interested in the G410's as well. Waiting to see reviews on here. Better put, I"m waiting to see if folks are 'really happy' with them or 'BLOWN AWAY' by them after multiple rounds.
    Posted:
    Steele47 wrote:

I'm interested in the G410's as well. Waiting to see reviews on here. Better put, I"m waiting to see if folks are 'really happy' with them or 'BLOWN AWAY' by them after multiple rounds.

I’ll give my thoughts after I get mine on the course. I will keep it real on my reviews.
    Posted:
    TM RBZ 15*
    Callaway XR OS 3H 19*
    Ping G410 4-7
    Callaway Apex CF16 8-S
    Ping Eye 2 L
    SeeMore PTM 3 35”
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve  2557WRX Points: 406Members Posts: 2,557
    bamagolf wrote:

sdandrea wrote:

sdandrea wrote:

I’ll post pics when I get them. The shop ordered them from Ping while I was there. They said 7 to 10 days on delivery. All they had on hand was the heads on the fitting cart.

You're off the hook........................for now! image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Posted:
    • Cobra FMax SuperLite 12*
    • Cobra Baffler M Speed 5w
    • Cobra FMax Superlite 5h-GW
    • PING Eye 2 +no+ SW
    • Scotty Fastback
  • DFDLTDFDLT  118WRX Points: 46Members Posts: 118
    I’m planning on i500’s at this point but haven’t seen the G410’s in person. I for sure am getting G410 woods and not sure I want all G410 clubs haha.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • pstmstrpstmstr  64WRX Points: 2Members Posts: 64
    My fitting was 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Hoping they show up soon.
    Posted:
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Freeport, Illinois 5830WRX Points: 1,097Members Posts: 5,830
    Last Thursday night I decided I was going to get a set of 410's. Friday night I changed my mind and decided on giving the I500's a try. Sunday I ordered a set of used Iblades. Who knows what will be in the bag by the time I actually get to play this spring. image/crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crazy:' /> Hope you love the G410's.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Ping Anser 17,20,23 Hybrids 
    Mizuno MP 20SEL 6-PW
    Ping,54,58ES Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X
  • jeffrey rjeffrey r  2080WRX Points: 166Members Posts: 2,080
    bamagolf wrote:

I’ll give my thoughts after I get mine on the course. I will keep it real on my reviews.

In the history of WRX, 6 people have followed through on these "will report back" posts. Do not fail us. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Seriously though, congrats, and please do tell us what you think. I am a longtime G guy, but they never really seem to stick in my bag. Still have a set of G30's around. Didn't really like the G's or G400's.
    Posted:
    Callaway GBB Epic Driver 13.5*, Fujikura Pro 62 R
    Callaway GBB Epic 3 Wood and Heavenwood, Project X HZRDUS T800 65 5.5
    Callaway 2019 Big Bertha 4, 5 and 6 Hybrids, Recoil ZT9 R
    Ping G400 Irons 7-UW, AWT 2.0 S
    Mizuno S18 SW (55/9) and LW (59/9), DG Wedge
    Scotty Cameron 009-M Putter
    jeffrey r wrote:

bamagolf wrote:

In the history of WRX, 6 people have followed through on these "will report back" posts. Do not fail us. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Seriously though, congrats, and please do tell us what you think. I am a longtime G guy, but they never really seem to stick in my bag. Still have a set of G30's around. Didn't really like the G's or G400's.

I’ll try my best to give a real, unbiased review. I’m still waiting on the irons to arrive and also for the rains in the south to allow us to play some meaningful golf. I plan on being #7 on wrx to report back. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
    TM RBZ 15*
    Callaway XR OS 3H 19*
    Ping G410 4-7
    Callaway Apex CF16 8-S
    Ping Eye 2 L
    SeeMore PTM 3 35”
  • pstmstrpstmstr  64WRX Points: 2Members Posts: 64
    #8 here. Should be in any day now.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • WoodersonWooderson  2045WRX Points: 198Members Posts: 2,045
    When can shops release the clubs. Thursday or Friday. Thanks
    Posted:
    Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5° Tour 75 Stiff 43.5"
    Callaway Epic Flash 15°/18°
    Ping G410 22°/25° Hybrid
    Mizuno HMP 6-PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth GW/SW
    Ping Eye2 LW
    Piretti Potenza/
    They arrived today. I hope to put them in play this weekend. By far the best looking irons and wedges I’ve ever had in my opinion.
    Posted:
    TM RBZ 15*
    Callaway XR OS 3H 19*
    Ping G410 4-7
    Callaway Apex CF16 8-S
    Ping Eye 2 L
    SeeMore PTM 3 35”
  • agolf1agolf1  1807WRX Points: 1,002Members Posts: 1,807
    bamagolf wrote:

They arrived today. I hope to put them in play this weekend. By far the best looking irons and wedges I've ever had in my opinion.

All the way through the LW, I like it (not sarcastic - I play the G25 through the SW).
    Posted:
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Titleist 915F 16.5* & 21.0*, Diamana S+ Blue 70 S-Flex
    PING G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    PING Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    PING Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
    Backup Lob Wedges:  PING Eye 2+ (58*) or PING Eye 2 XG (60*)
  • Steele47Steele47  1546WRX Points: 710Members Posts: 1,546
    Wow Bama! Way cool.. What shafts did you get? Apologize if you mentioned above. I need to reread.
    Posted:
    agolf1 wrote:

bamagolf wrote:

They arrived today. I hope to put them in play this weekend. By far the best looking irons and wedges I've ever had in my opinion.

All the way through the LW, I like it (not sarcastic - I play the G25 through the SW).

Thanks! I like the same look all the way through my irons and wedges. I’m not great with wedges and I feel it helps me some.
    Posted:
    TM RBZ 15*
    Callaway XR OS 3H 19*
    Ping G410 4-7
    Callaway Apex CF16 8-S
    Ping Eye 2 L
    SeeMore PTM 3 35”

Advertisement
    Steele47 wrote:

Wow Bama! Way cool.. What shafts did you get? Apologize if you mentioned above. I need to reread.

Stiff flex steel. Nippon AWT 2.0
    Posted:
    TM RBZ 15*
    Callaway XR OS 3H 19*
    Ping G410 4-7
    Callaway Apex CF16 8-S
    Ping Eye 2 L
    SeeMore PTM 3 35”
  • agolf1agolf1  1807WRX Points: 1,002Members Posts: 1,807
    bamagolf wrote:

agolf1 wrote:

bamagolf wrote:

Thanks! I like the same look all the way through my irons and wedges. I’m not great with wedges and I feel it helps me some.

I'm thinking about the LW if/when I pickup a set of G410s. I agree on the consistency/feel point, and the truth is I don't hit every wedge shot perfectly / I like whatever help is in these clubs.

However, I use the SW for pretty much everything from 30-95 yards. I really only use LW for little shots around the green where I don't have much to work with. I'm thinking I'd still like something less bulky here (Eye 2 XG/Gorge, Eye 2+, any Glide TS/ES/SS, etc) but we'll see.
    Posted:
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Titleist 915F 16.5* & 21.0*, Diamana S+ Blue 70 S-Flex
    PING G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    PING Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    PING Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
    Backup Lob Wedges:  PING Eye 2+ (58*) or PING Eye 2 XG (60*)
  • jclinegolfjclinegolf  403WRX Points: 51ClubWRX Posts: 403
    bamagolf wrote:

They arrived today. I hope to put them in play this weekend. By far the best looking irons and wedges I’ve ever had in my opinion.

I’m still waiting on my set 4-UW, but seeing this picture makes me want to get the SW...
    Posted:
  • Marco ColoMarco Colo  576WRX Points: 144Members Posts: 576
    bamagolf wrote:

They look mean.. Waiting for mine that are supposedly arriving at the beginning of next week.

I had the same set up with my G400s 5 to LW. Now I changed into 5 to PW and 50/54/58 Glide Stealth SS. Very excited
    Posted:
  • Lancj1Lancj1  925WRX Points: 91Members Posts: 925
    I got fitted by my Club Pro a couple of weeks ago for 6 - UW, Green dot, +1/2", Alta Reg.

Ten Minutes after the start of my 12 hour shift on Wed he text to say they had arrived.....yesterday was work also, so Im down there at 9am to pick them up. Its cold and raining so down to the range today - which is correct actually. If the first hits a thinned 6 iron on the course its bad karma.

TechnicallyI guess if id have been off on Wed id have had them before release (UK)....I had an XR 16 a couple of days early a few years back! hero for a day image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Big change for me is graphite. Goy a touch more length, ball speed and height than my "old" clubs....G400 with AWT 2.0 Reg
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Cheesehead42Cheesehead42  684WRX Points: 83Members Posts: 684
    bamagolf wrote:
    Steele47 wrote:

Stiff flex steel. Nippon AWT 2.0

After seeing yours, I am even more anxious to get mine. I went 4-SW. I have a low bounce 60* MD wedge that I cannot replace. I typically hit full shots with my SW so wanted the forgiveness.
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WITB:[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PING G400 LST 8.5 Kuro Kage 60g X-Flex[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Px LZ 6.5 2 iron[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC 3i-PW Modus3 120 X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno S18 Wedges: 49,53,59 Modus3 120 X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Custom Black Lab Flow Neck Putter[/font]
  • Green ValleyGreen Valley  802WRX Points: 83Members Posts: 802
    bamagolf wrote:

Reviews?

What irons are you coming from?
    Posted:
  • golftejasgolftejas  455WRX Points: 91Members Posts: 455
    Looking forward to the upcoming reviews, especially G410 feel and forgiveness comparisons to earlier G (I play G25), i500, and i210! I have an itch for the i210, but the last time I was fit the G series won out over the i series, with the deciding factor being dispersion. Spring demo season is always fun.
    Posted:

Advertisement

bamagolf wrote:

Reviews?

What irons are you coming from?

Apex CF16
    Posted:
    TM RBZ 15*
    Callaway XR OS 3H 19*
    Ping G410 4-7
    Callaway Apex CF16 8-S
    Ping Eye 2 L
    SeeMore PTM 3 35”

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.