Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Best value Anser style 350g putter head

CF_FrostCF_Frost Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
As the title says, I’m looking to pick up a 350g anser style head. I would like to keep it relatively cheap, as this is going to be an experimental project for me. I’ve always felt comfortable with a split handed left hand low stroke and think a putter about 45 inches would really feel natural to me.

I would like to keep the head a classic shape/traditional and something that I could add to my collection, which might not actually coincide with the cheap/best value part of my post.

Thinking maybe a Ping Anser Redwood or a Bettinardi BB1 if I could find one cheap.

Comments

• Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to find without a flange line, but the ones you listed will work if you like the line.
  • CF_FrostCF_Frost Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Matt J wrote:
    Hard to find without a flange line, but the ones you listed will work if you like the line.

I am a fan of the flange line. I probably should have mentioned that.
  • fore_lifefore_life Swung too hard, hit it too pure. Members Posts: 10,424 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cleveland Huntington Beach ones are hard to beat value wise
    Ping G400 LST Ust Attas Earth 9f5
    M4 15* with bimatrix rocket X
    Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
    718 tmb 4 iron
    718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
    Vokeys
    Cleveland TA milled 1i

Various other putters currently in the closet,
    thinking about what they've done wrong,
    and how they've hurt me so.
  • 5hort5tuff5hort5tuff Members Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Feb 2, 2019 6:24pm #5
    fore_life wrote:

Brand New ^^^^^ this

Used...really depends on your budget. You can really argue value for many different options.
    COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
    WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
    TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
    PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
    PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
    MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
    Xenon Copper Wide X
    SGC 902
  • jokerusnjokerusn nice shoes Northern NJClubWRX Posts: 4,862 ClubWRX

fore_life wrote:

Brand New ^^^^^ this

Used...really depends on your budget. You can really argue value for many different options.

Ditto. Nothing beats Cleveland putters for value IMO. You can easily find older ones for dirt if you want.

Do you want an insert? You could always go with a ping sigma anser or Odyssey 1 (although the odysseys usually came at 330-340g and you'd have to go newer for ones that are 350g).
    M4 10.5°  Fujikura Ventus 6
    TS2 15°  Diamana S+ Ltd 70
    790UDI  PX Catalyst 80 -or- 818H2 19°  Motore Speeder 8.8TS
    0311T 4i / Z745 5-9  Nippon 950GH 
    SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
    SM7 62M  KBS Tour
    custom putter
    Tour B XS

(¬¬) WITB Link
  • FourPutt72FourPutt72 Members Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited Feb 3, 2019 8:21am #7
    Did you really mean 45 inches? If you meant 35 inches take a look at a used Tad Moore. BB1s can be pricey. Tad Moores can be found for about half the price of a BB1 and they are very similar. If you really want a nice putter to keep look for a BB1 M.S., one of the best looking putters ever made.
  • trying2scratchtrying2scratch Members Posts: 1,053 ✭✭
    Hands down, Cleveland. Old or new, nothing else is close at that price point.
  • DeacLaw05DeacLaw05 Members Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    I have four different Huntington Beach models. If you want inexpensive and milled, they can’t be beaten. I had the 3 in the bag today (slant neck blade).
  • Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I was experimenting with lighter heads and went back to the 350 gram head this week. 4 strips of lead tape on the bottom of an OG Ping DaleHead is a pretty cheap and easy solution.
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,202 ClubWRX
    "Cheap" is different for everyone but the Odyssey Protype 2 is a fantastic value IMO. Those heads feel incredible, to me and can be had for a little more than $100 in good shape. Just have to look a little harder for the 350g heads sometimes.
    Taylormade M2 9.5* Project X HZRDUS yellow 6.0 76g
    Titleist 917f2 15* Diamana S+ 70s 
    Titleist 915h 21*  Rogue black 85s
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P X100 AMT  SS1x
    Titleist SM5 50/12, 56/10
    Taylormade Spider Tour red 34"

• malamigmalamig Members Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
    I cosign on the huntington beach line of putters.
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* AD-DI 6X
    3w: Titleist 917F2 13.5* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 19* Oban Devotion 04
    3i: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi AMT X100SS
    4i-PW: Mizuno MP-18 AMT X100
    50*, 55*, 60*: Mizuno T7 AMT X100SS
    Putter: Scotty Cameron
  • bellkenbellken Members Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Feb 20, 2019 11:57am #14
    345 gram head, but, for the price (Cleveland Golf - Huntington Beach 2017 Collection putter)

https://www.golfio.c...on-putter-2017/
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.dallasgolf.com/new-yes-c-groove-tracy-iii-plus-putter/

I picked up this Yes! putter from Dallas Golf kind of on a lark. DG buys up components and manufactures the clubs themselves, so the head is a brand new Yes! putter but the shaft and grip are just aftermarket things thrown in by DG.

Anyways, after putting on a new grip, I'm pretty much shocked at how quality this thing feels, especially for the price. I mess around with a ton of putters at the golf store because I'm a degenerate, but I'll be damned if I can tell a difference between the Yes! and, say, an Evnroll. Soft, beautiful 304 stainless steel with a lovely face. Yes, indeed.

$50, 350 grams, face tech, you can't beat it.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood, Project X EvenFlow Blue 75
    Srixon Z H45 3 & 4 hybrid, Kuro Kage Black
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway MD4 W Grind 60 deg.
    Toulon Columbus / Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini S
  • smeech8000smeech8000 Ev'ryday I'm Trufflin' Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    Lowest cost? Probably the Cleveland HB already mentioned, just really difficult to match that pricepoint for the criteria you cited.

I feel that nowadays the term "value" has been conflated with "lowest cost", whereas I think it means getting the most for your dollar with lesser consideration of cost. For example, Kingston offers a custom GSS at a remarkable pricepoint considering what other makers sell that for, however this will likely run you upwards of $400 which is a lot of money for a putter, for most folks.

Alternatively, from a resale perspective I don't think you can go wrong with an OTR Scotty as they hold value relatively well, and can be had for <$200.
    Titleist 915D4 9.5*
    Titleist 909f3 15*
    Titleist 913h 19*
    Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
    Cally Forged 50/54/58
    Lajosi Sensor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file