Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Bandon Dunes Caddy Questions

Good afternoon

Headed to Bandon this July and have a couple of general questions regarding their caddies.

1). Caddies you have used who you recommend for a group of average golfers mid 80-90s shooters who are fun knowledgeable and don’t mind taking a pictures during rounds?

2). I know the caddy fee is $100 but on average what did you pay the caddy per round? Did you after each day or at end of your stay?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• mallratmallrat Members Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I average $120 per caddy but do $150 if he is awesome. That time of year I believe many caddies double bag or prefer to double bag so if you want a single you should be prepared to compensate for that. Having them double bag is not a big deal especially if you match up members in your group by distances and playing styles (don’t match have him double bag for a guy who hits it 230 and slices and another hits it 280 with a duck hook).

Kent is an awesome caddy, many here recommend John the Baptist but never used him. Sven is also top notch. There is a member here (look in the Northwest sub forum) who is starting to caddy there.
  • tad950tad950 Members Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    Payment is due following each round. If I have multiple rounds scheduled with the same caddy, then I will give the extra tip after the final round.

We play in early spring, so single loops are the norm. And there seems to be a certain amount of resentment if one caddy in the foursome double bags, and the other two are singles. The caddy I plan on using again this year, is a retired business man, who prefers singles.

Most of the caddies at Bandon are pretty great. But I've seen a couple that just weren't very good. And one I had was a big time Prima Donna.. But I can be a hack. So m aybe she got blisters from all the bunkers she had to rake for me.
  • johnnylongballjohnnylongball Members Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend Chris. I had him this past August. He could read a green better than any caddy I've ever had. His personality would be a good fit for the group you described.
  • schwaz19schwaz19 Members Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

I recommend Chris. I had him this past August. He could read a green better than any caddy I've ever had. His personality would be a good fit for the group you described.

Thank you. Do you happen to know Chris’ last name.
  • johnnylongballjohnnylongball Members Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry schwaz I don't know Chris' last name. And there was nothing really out of the ordinary about him I could use to describe him to help identify him (average height, build, etc.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file