Cobra F9 Speedback Driver $372.05

Comments

• GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,531 ✭✭
    The aftermarket selections put Cobra’s website to shame. Same price here as I bought from Discoint Dan’s at. I may just order a second one with a different shaft, the upchsrge prices through their site are pretty good.
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5° | Evenflow HC Black 65
    vs.
    Cobra F9 9° | Atmos Tour Spec Black 6
    Fairway: M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Speeder HB 8.8
    Driving Iron: Apex X-Forged Utility 21° | AD-DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-pw | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (Handground S), 54° S, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
    Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
    Putter: Piretti Potenza II black
    Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 oil can

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/
  • SplytSplyt ClubWRX Posts: 876 ✭✭

Anyone get the driver from them yet?

They told me it was approximately 10 days for Cobra to build the club and ship it to their warehouse and then 10 days to ship it to me. It doesn't seem like they drop ship from Cobra like a lot of other online places do.
    Cobra F9 Speedback 9* - Atmos Black TS
    Cobra F8 3/4 14.5* - Aldila NV 2KXV Blue
    Callaway Apex CF16 3-PW - Aerotech SteelFiber i95
    Titleist Vokey SM6: 52F, 56S, 60 TVD-K
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Mid Slant
  • wobgonwobgon Members Posts: 7,467 ✭✭
    Has anyone received one yet......I am never one to doubt any seller without knowledge but a couple things seem strange to me.....Why wouldn't they drop ship and if cobra builds the club, why would they have different shaft options.
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,242 ClubWRX
    I am waiting on an update from CS.
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 75
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 75
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
    Splyt wrote:

Anyone get the driver from them yet?

They told me it was approximately 10 days for Cobra to build the club and ship it to their warehouse and then 10 days to ship it to me. It doesn't seem like they drop ship from Cobra like a lot of other online places do.

I ordered a F9 from Discount Dan's last Wed. (2/13), custom specs with Tensei Pro Orange shaft. It is out for delivery today (2/19). So Cobra is ahead of the 10 day build window quoted currently.
    vs.

WITB:
    Anybody have any updates on their orders?
    vs.

WITB:
    No, and I am getting a little annoyed. They have not responded to any e-mails this week. Delivery was supposed to be about 20 business days, placed the order 15 business days ago, no word.
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
    Warrick wrote:

No, and I am getting a little annoyed. They have not responded to any e-mails this week. Delivery was supposed to be about 20 business days, placed the order 15 business days ago, no word.

Same. My order was placed 19 days ago. No update on the website, still in "Processing". No responses from customer service. I am giving it until Monday and then starting to file claims through paypal.
    Ooof. Sorry guys. Glad I decided not to jump the gun and wait to see how it went for others. Hopefully, for you guys sake, it's just a matter of time differences and poor communication from this company and your clubs show up soon.

Discount Dan's is comparable in price, I was just hoping to be able to purchase from this company to take advantage of 10% off. Plus, I was wishful thinking a little with this company, because of the better aftermarket shaft selection than even Cobra's website.
    vs.

WITB:
    still not that big of a deal really, if it was here would just be sitting in the corner, and with the extra $40 off, am ok to wait a little longer.
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
    Warrick wrote:

still not that big of a deal really, if it was here would just be sitting in the corner, and with the extra $40 off, am ok to wait a little longer.

I agree for sure, it's just inconvenient having to deal with getting refunds from credit cards and whatnot in these situations... sending unanswered emails, hunting for phone numbers and contact info. I value my time, and that kind of stuff eats into it.

I'm wondering if this company is just terrible at communicating, and they didn't place this order to drop ship directly from Cobra but had the order shipped from Cobra to them, and then off to you. Hopefully something like that, for you guys' sake.
    vs.

WITB:
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,166 ✭✭
    Serious concern over this whole deal. Makes no sense. $330 something with the 10% discount?

Why would they not drop ship straight from Cobra?

It has to go to them and then they eat the shipping to send it back to the US? What about import tariffs?

I hate to use the word impossible, but I’m very close to using it. It’s non sensical.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • dhayse32dhayse32 Members Posts: 790 ✭✭
    If I wasn’t using PayPal I’d be concerned, but they are usually pretty easy to deal with if your a buyer.

Still annoying. Reads lots of reviews and most mentioned slow deliveries, but almost everyone got their stuff. It’s 30* here in Indiana so I can’t wait a little longer
    Ping G400 Max HZRDUS Yellow
    910Fd - Bi-Matrix
    P790 2i UDI Kiyoshi Purp - P790 3i AD DI
    TM P790 4-PW Modus 105S
    Vokey SM6 50*/56*
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
  • Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear Posts: 365 ✭✭
    I just received my order today from this site. I haven't had a chance to check that everything is as I ordered it (tour length with extra weights), but it did arrive and it is a cobra F9 driver. I ordered it on January 30th. I'll follow up with more details later.

I just received my order today from this site. I haven't had a chance to check that everything is as I ordered it (tour length with extra weights), but it did arrive and it is a cobra F9 driver. I ordered it on January 30th. I'll follow up with more details later.

Did you ever get a shipping notice?

I ordered on 2/3.
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,166 ✭✭

Wow. Cool. I was expecting to hear about refund requests. Let us know if everything is Kosher.

I have 338 dollars ready to go to Ireland for a driver I really don’t need.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
    Warrick wrote:

I ordered on 2/3.

I got a shipping notification on Feb. 14 but it did not include a tracking number. I had to email and wait a couple days for a response to get the number, which didn't show up in the carrier database for three days from date of shipping. It still doesn't show up in the USPS system despite having received it.

I will say that every step of communication has taken 2-3 days for a response. Given that I'm in no rush, I didn't stress too much. It was entirely consistent with what read in the consumer reviews I posted before.

Overall, though, it could be a good deal and I shouldn't take a loss even if I give it a few hits on a launch monitor and end up selling it.

Hopefully it works out for others. Of course, they might have mistaken me for an Irish citizen and given me better treatment given that my name is extremely Irish...

I will update on the condition of the club when I get a chance tomorrow to look it over (it's my wife's birthday and even I know better than to spend time in my basement club cave tonight).

Warrick wrote:

I ordered on 2/3.

I got a shipping notification on Feb. 14 but it did not include a tracking number. I had to email and wait a couple days for a response to get the number, which didn't show up in the carrier database for three days from date of shipping. It still doesn't show up in the USPS system despite having received it.

I will say that every step of communication has taken 2-3 days for a response. Given that I'm in no rush, I didn't stress too much. It was entirely consistent with what read in the consumer reviews I posted before.

Overall, though, it could be a good deal and I shouldn't take a loss even if I give it a few hits on a launch monitor and end up selling it.

Hopefully it works out for others. Of course, they might have mistaken me for an Irish citizen and given me better treatment given that my name is extremely Irish...

I will update on the condition of the club when I get a chance tomorrow to look it over (it's my wife's birthday and even I know better than to spend time in my basement club cave tonight).

Okay, so I snuck down to check on the club while my wife put the kids to bed (shhhhh)... Club looks in good condition and the shaft appears to be tour length (I grabbed another shaft to compare but didn't bring a tape measure). They did not, however, include the extra weights to adjust the swing weight for the short shaft. I confirmed this in emails with Halpenny so I'm disappointed that I won't be able to test it out for a while. I'll be emailing Halpenny tomorrow to get them sent to me ASAP. I'll update on that saga as it unfolds.
    edited Feb 22, 2019 9:40pm #50
    Well this changes things, I’ve been itching to order the F9 Tour 3 wood. [...heads to PayPal to transfer funds...]
    vs.

WITB:

Warrick wrote:

I ordered on 2/3.

Okay, so I snuck down to check on the club while my wife put the kids to bed (shhhhh)... Club looks in good condition and the shaft appears to be tour length (I grabbed another shaft to compare but didn't bring a tape measure). They did not, however, include the extra weights to adjust the swing weight for the short shaft. I confirmed this in emails with Halpenny so I'm disappointed that I won't be able to test it out for a while. I'll be emailing Halpenny tomorrow to get them sent to me ASAP. I'll update on that saga as it unfolds.

I’m a little confused. You ordered a Tour Length and it came with the wrong weights? The tour length comes with heavier weights to adjust for the shorter length. You should have a 18 and a 6 in it. The weights are 8 grams heavier on the Tour length. Standard are 14 and 2.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag

Warrick wrote:

I ordered on 2/3.

I’m a little confused. You ordered a Tour Length and it came with the wrong weights? The tour length comes with heavier weights to adjust for the shorter length. You should have a 18 and a 6 in it. The weights are 8 grams heavier on the Tour length. Standard are 14 and 2.

I got the 14 and 2. There isn't a "Tour Length" designation on this site, so you have to order 1" short and email to request the heavier weights. I did that and they confirmed that they would send the heavier weights with the driver. They did not send the heavier weights so I now emailed them to request them sent separately. Hope that clears up the confusion.
    Ahhhh. I see. Bummer. They are a bit pricey if you buy them from Cobra. Kind of irritating actually.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • wobgonwobgon Members Posts: 7,467 ✭✭
    Maroon.....Grab the lead tape an try it out.
    Update on my order... I emailed asking about the extra sole weights (which we had agreed upon via email multiple times). The response was...not promising...for how this will get resolved.

"Cobra added weight to the driver by adding it to the end of the shaft as to adjust for swing weight. The weights you see on the sole of the club are for face angle manipulation."

I wrote back that this was not acceptable and not what we discussed. I also asked for clarification on what this even meant (tip weight?) and how they planned to get me a standard shaft cut 1" short and the sole weights I was promised and which Cobra itself uses for tour length club builds. I don't think this will go well and I expect that I will have to file a PayPal claim and return. Hold off on any orders if you are contemplating.

Will update ASAP with more info. Discount Dan's is looking like the better option, to be honest.

My order has now been cancelled. Ordered on February 4th, never received shipping confirmation or update from them. E-mailed Friday that if my ordered hadn't been started yet to cancel and they cancelled it this morning.
  • cadman88cadman88 Advanced Member Buffalo / Rochester, NYMembers Posts: 2,338 ✭✭
    edited Feb 24, 2019 3:16pm #57

Update on my order... I emailed asking about the extra sole weights (which we had agreed upon via email multiple times). The response was...not promising...for how this will get resolved.

"Cobra added weight to the driver by adding it to the end of the shaft as to adjust for swing weight. The weights you see on the sole of the club are for face angle manipulation."

I wrote back that this was not acceptable and not what we discussed. I also asked for clarification on what this even meant (tip weight?) and how they planned to get me a standard shaft cut 1" short and the sole weights I was promised and which Cobra itself uses for tour length club builds. I don't think this will go well and I expect that I will have to file a PayPal claim and return. Hold off on any orders if you are contemplating.

Will update ASAP with more info. Discount Dan's is looking like the better option, to be honest.

https://www.cobragol...king-f9-weights

I know it's not optimal resolution, do you have any idea what it currently is at?
    • Taylormade 2017 Tour Issue M2 9.2°, Tensei CK Blue 60x (45" D2, 271 CPM's)
    • Taylormade M3 15.5°, Tensei CK Blue 75x (43" D4 276 CPM's)
    • Taylormade M3 19° Rescue, Tensei CK Blue 80 HYs (40.75" D3 275 CPM's)
    • Mizuno MP-18 MMC FliHi 4-6, Modus3 Tour 120s (D2, GPTV )
    • Mizuno MP-18 MMC 7-PW, Modus3 Tour 120s (D2, GPTV )
    • Taylormade Hi-Toe 56°-10°, Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 (D6, GPTV 360)
    • Taylormade Hi-Toe 60°-12°, Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 (D6, GPTV 360)
    • Scotty Cameron GoLo 3 35"

• dhayse32dhayse32 Members Posts: 790 ✭✭
    I ordered mine the same way...I wanted a tour length and they said to put that in the comments and they would order it. I built what I wanted on the cobra site and added that. So we shall see.

Number one concern is the condition, and as long at it is a “real” Cobra I am good. Did you notice anything odd with yours or is it 100% real?
    Ping G400 Max HZRDUS Yellow
    910Fd - Bi-Matrix
    P790 2i UDI Kiyoshi Purp - P790 3i AD DI
    TM P790 4-PW Modus 105S
    Vokey SM6 50*/56*
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    I have heard nothing for a week, requested cancellation
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,174 ✭✭
    Do yourself a favor and call discount dans

There’s no way I’d send it back. I’d just keep it. Cutting it to length is easy enough. Just Use 8 grams of lead tape until the aftermarket weights hit ebay in a month or two. They’ll probably only be $8-10 bucks or so.

If you only paid just over $330 I think You got a good enough deal to just make The best of it.

If you really have to have a tour length I imagine someone on this site will take it off your hands for $350 shipped.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag