Tyson Lamb Putters (pls no fite)

976-Evil976-Evil Hacker ExtraordinaireMembers Posts: 181 ✭✭
Tysons IG said he's releasing putters this coming week, FYI.

Callaway Rogue
Taylormade M2 3W
Mizuno JPX900 Forged - 4-GW
Vokey SM5 - 56/60
Tyson Lamb - Allendale 350g

Comments

• jschwarbjschwarb Members Posts: 767 ✭✭
    I'll make some popcorn.
  • Mr. HoganMr. Hogan Members Posts: 1,462 ✭✭
    Wait...he makes putters?
    USGA - Unusually Stupid Governance Association
  • 976-Evil976-Evil Hacker Extraordinaire Members Posts: 181 ✭✭
    Sunday is the release day for putters

jschwarb wrote:

I'll make some popcorn.

I've had mine ready

Callaway Rogue
    Taylormade M2 3W
    Vokey SM5 - 56/60

• tangojaytangojay Members Posts: 932 ✭✭
    Anything? Did see 3 for 8K plus in the bay,,,
    tangojay wrote:

Anything? Did see 3 for 8K plus in the bay,,,

Sunday Is what they said and using the lottery system again

Callaway Rogue
    Taylormade M2 3W
    Vokey SM5 - 56/60

Good luck finding the one,,,,,,
  • WhereIsDetroitWhereIsDetroit Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
    They just did the lottery on IG live for who actually gets them.

I was kind of clueless how I couldnt even add one when they released the chance to get one.
  • PALS-SSAPALS-SSA Members Posts: 281 ✭✭
    How many were released? 3?
  • BottleCapBottleCap Members Posts: 1,356 ✭✭
    I think he outsources the putter heads so lead times are out of his hands
    Titleist TS2 GD TourAD DI 7S
    Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3-4 DG AMT S300
    Mizuno MP-18 5-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,109 ✭✭
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,243 ✭✭
    Oh boy. Another lamb thread. I wonder how long until this one gets thrown in the cooler with the rest of them?

I’m surprised it’s lasted this long. Maybe no one cares anymore. I know my “care level” is so low I nearly didn’t bother to post.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,109 ✭✭

Oh boy. Another lamb thread. I wonder how long until this one gets thrown in the cooler with the rest of them?

I’m surprised it’s lasted this long. Maybe no one cares anymore. I know my “care level” is so low I nearly didn’t bother to post.

I mean since the last post in October and now - when has there been a release of putters? I don't follow the Lambers much but haven't seen anything about flat sticks recently.
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

I think it's interesting now that Tyson Lamb has a direct competitor in SWAG golf.

I think SWAG is an urban cool while Tyson Lamb's stuff looks like it could be sold in a Country Western themed "steakhouse"
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
    BottleCap wrote:

From a l-o-n-g thread here, it is my understanding he does everything , from milling to stamping to finishing,,,
    edited Feb 15, 2019 9:43pm #16
    tangojay wrote:

BottleCap wrote:

From a l-o-n-g thread here, it is my understanding he does everything , from milling to stamping to finishing,,,

I don't believe that anymore.

I think that was his original intent, but as he found out that making putters was a lot harder than he thought, he turned his focus to quick moving higher margin accessories like ball markers and divot tools and outsourced the heads to a third party like all the other small guys. I think Tyson and his mom still finishes the putters with shafts, grip, stampings, and paintfill.

I think it was a good move since he makes great markers and the accessories are more profitable.
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • FairwayFredFairwayFred Sponsors Posts: 4,039 ✭✭
    BottleCap wrote:

tangojay wrote:

BottleCap wrote:

I don't believe that anymore.

I think that was his original intent, but as he found out that making putters was a lot harder than he thought, he turned his focus to quick moving higher margin accessories like ball markers and divot tools and outsourced the heads to a third party like all the other small guys. I think Tyson and his mom still finishes the putters with shafts, grip, stampings, and paintfill.

I think it was a good move since he makes great markers and the accessories are more profitable.

I can say for sure that this is not true and Tyson does everything in house on his putters.
    FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
    Ari Techner
    National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
    [email protected]
    IG: @nationalcustom
    Twitter: @WorksNational
    (still a huge club HO)
    Yanki01 wrote:

I mean since the last post in October and now - when has there been a release of putters? I don't follow the Lambers much but haven't seen anything about flat sticks recently.

Considering moderators have to approve every post, i'm not surprised there has been no posts since Oct.

Callaway Rogue
    Taylormade M2 3W
    Vokey SM5 - 56/60

BottleCap wrote:

I think it's interesting now that Tyson Lamb has a direct competitor in SWAG golf.

I think SWAG is an urban cool while Tyson Lamb's stuff looks like it could be sold in a Country Western themed "steakhouse"

Man, the swag putters are ugly to me. Some of the Lamb putters are ugly too but most are nice.

Callaway Rogue
    Taylormade M2 3W
    Vokey SM5 - 56/60

• smeech8000smeech8000 Ev'ryday I'm Trufflin' Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited Feb 20, 2019 5:35pm #20
    976-Evil wrote:

BottleCap wrote:

Man, the swag putters are ugly to me. Some of the Lamb putters are ugly too but most are nice.

Sames. Swag is a bit garish and most heads lack the touch of craftsmanship I'd be looking for in a custom maker. However I do find this "Swagnum P.I." bag to be absolutely hilarious:
    • post-149-0-69733800-1548384483_thumb.jpg
    • post-149-0-51707100-1548384352_thumb.jpg

Lamb OTOH really had a good thing going in terms of product - crisp, classic and handsome. Stamping aside, he had some of the best quality finished heads IMO from a new boutique in quite awhile (not saying that the stamping was subpar, I just didn't find most of the content in my taste).
    Titleist 915D4 9.5*
    Titleist 909f3 15*
    Titleist 913h 19*
    Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
    Cally Forged 50/54/58
    Lajosi Sensor
    Tyson Lamb's stuff has a Country Western theme.

It's for folks that like John Wayne movies and music by Kenny Chesney and Garth Brooks
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • Hokie2k5Hokie2k5 Members Posts: 1,191 ✭✭
    edited Feb 21, 2019 11:09am #22
    I've been a Tyson fan for a long time, though I do not have one of his putters. Obviously never putted with one of his putters but going by looks alone I think Tyson is hard to beat, if I had to nitpick anything about him would be that I'd keep the bumper stamping to a minimum. I prefer a cleaner look so I'd prefer clean bumpers or just the weight or Lamb stamped on there, I don't like the "drop bombs" or "you got this bro", these putters are $2k+ in most cases and in my opinion it takes away from the amazing looking putters he makes. But I'll keep trying to get one, even if it's got stamped up bumpers image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> . I do think the lottery is a better way of doing things or at least a more fair way of doing it.

With regards to SWAG, I'm intrigued but their putters don't look as nice. Their newer stuff is looking better though, I think my biggest issue with SWAG is their name.....haha. It just doesn't fit the boutique putter industry but maybe that's their point. I do like a lot of their headcover designs though and as I said the putters are getting better and better looking so I may end up picking one up before too long.
    TS3 8.5* KKDC Silver TiNi 70TX
    917F2 15* Diamana LTD Blue 80TX
    816H1 19* MRC Tensei Blue 80X
    718 TMB 4-W KBS $-Taper S+
    SM7 50F/54S/58D KBS Tour S+
    Cameron 009 SSS 350
  • JunkerJorgeJunkerJorge Members Posts: 283 ✭✭
    Hokie2k5 wrote:

I've been a Tyson fan for a long time, though I do not have one of his putters. Obviously never putted with one of his putters but going by looks alone I think Tyson is hard to beat, if I had to nitpick anything about him would be that I'd keep the bumper stamping to a minimum. I prefer a cleaner look so I'd prefer clean bumpers or just the weight or Lamb stamped on there, I don't like the "drop bombs" or "you got this bro", these putters are $2k+ in most cases and in my opinion it takes away from the amazing looking putters he makes. But I'll keep trying to get one, even if it's got stamped up bumpers image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> . I do think the lottery is a better way of doing things or at least a more fair way of doing it.

With regards to SWAG, I'm intrigued but their putters don't look as nice. Their newer stuff is looking better though, I think my biggest issue with SWAG is their name.....haha. It just doesn't fit the boutique putter industry but maybe that's their point. I do like a lot of their headcover designs though and as I said the putters are getting better and better looking so I may end up picking one up before too long.

You mean you don’t want a $3k putter that says “dilly dilly?”
  • jschwarbjschwarb Members Posts: 767 ✭✭
    edited Feb 23, 2019 10:58am #24
    Hokie2k5 wrote:

The name is a common complaint about SWAG. I think their putters look great and the price point seems quite fair as boutique putters go, but I've been mediocre on the greens forever and using a putter with "SWAG" on it feels like having a bag with my name embroidered -- no bueno unless I get my handicap under scratch.

As for Lamb, he put out a ball marker recently that was limited (50 pcs), a welcome sight compared to the flood of accessories he's put out for months (admittedly to raise cash for a new shop). The marker sold for $175 but anyone who got one via lottery now has a piece that will hold its value and then some. And at the end of the day I think that's what people want, even if they swear they'll never sell. That's the part of his business I follow, since a putter that costs four figures just isn't my jam whether it's Lamb, Scotty or my neighbor making it.
  • tleadertleader Members Posts: 549 ✭✭
    edited Feb 23, 2019 2:06pm #25

Hokie2k5 wrote:

You mean you don’t want a $3k putter that says “dilly dilly?”

Lol. Spot on!!!
    jschwarb wrote:

That's the part of his business I follow, since a putter that costs four figures just isn't my jam whether it's Lamb, Scotty or my neighbor making it.

Well sure, but what about a limited edition Opinder?

image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    Titleist 915D4 9.5*
    Titleist 909f3 15*
    Titleist 913h 19*
    Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
    Cally Forged 50/54/58
    Lajosi Sensor
  • Mr. HoganMr. Hogan Members Posts: 1,462 ✭✭
    edited Feb 24, 2019 2:26am #27
    I'm not a fan of either Lamb or SWAG.

But this is something I can get behind, which is what they are both chasing:

USGA - Unusually Stupid Governance Association
    edited Feb 24, 2019 2:34pm #28
    Mr. Hogan wrote:

I'm not a fan of either Lamb or SWAG.

But this is something I can get behind, which is what they are both chasing:

i don’t think SWAG or Tyson Lamb is going after Scotty Cameron.

They’re in the space below Bettinardi with guys like Byron Morgan, Mann, and Toulon

On the ball marker front Tyson Lamb is in a class of his own. Lamb makes the best markers i’ve ever seen.
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
    BottleCap wrote:

On the ball marker front Tyson Lamb is in a class of his own. Lamb makes the best markers i've ever seen.

Lamb makes awesome divot tools, but I suppose his markers aren't too bad either.

I prefer the stuff these guys have been turning out lately - while not as flashy, they get the job done and seem to be a bit steadier in terms of resale value.
    Titleist 915D4 9.5*
    Titleist 909f3 15*
    Titleist 913h 19*
    Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
    Cally Forged 50/54/58
    Lajosi Sensor
  • LaznastyLaznasty Valparaiso, IndianaMembers Posts: 695 ✭✭
    I was lucky enough to get picked during the lottery for a camden. It just came in today! The pictures don't do it justice.

Ping G410+ 10.5°
    Ping G410 17.5°
    Taylormade P790 UDI
    Taylormade P790 (4-AW)
    EPON Tour Spin Wedge 54° & 58°
    Tyson Lamb Camden
  • rightslicerightslice Members Posts: 153 ✭✭
    when he finally gets round to producing an actual putter, he doesn't mess around. Great stick- congratulations
This discussion has been closed.