AT&T Pebble Beach

flushemflushem Members Posts: 1,723 ✭✭
Not sure if he will be on. Phil Mickelson this week.

Your pick?
WWG1 WGA

Comments

• 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 10,034 ✭✭
    edited Feb 3, 2019 7:57pm #2
    Pro / Tony Finau

Am / Tony Romo
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • Roadking2003Roadking2003 AustinMembers Posts: 5,768 ✭✭
    I only watch a few minutes of this one (TiVo is my friend). The Bill Murray show is a turn off and I couldn't care less about "celebrities" playing golf.

And that's really sad since I love Pebble Beach.
  • CasualLieCasualLie Do Woodchucks Chuck Wood? Members Posts: 1,413 ✭✭
    DJ with the back to back.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Open Championship! IowaClubWRX Posts: 18,150 ClubWRX
    Relieved Tom Dreesen is in, attendance would have plummeted if he couldn't make it.
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,635 ✭✭
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

Relieved Tom Dreesen is in, attendance would have plummeted if he couldn't make it.

Tom who?
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • flushemflushem Members Posts: 1,723 ✭✭
    Phil has won in 98, 05, 07 and 12 and has been runner-up in 16 & 18. I think he has decent chance.

DJ has won in 09 & 10 and has been runner-up in 14 & 18.
    WWG1 WGA
  • Jackhammer993Jackhammer993 Members Posts: 885 ✭✭
    Super dissapointed that it’s looking to rain all week except maybe Wednesday, Thursday. I like to spend all week down there but not worth it if it’s continually raining. Hoping for DJ to win 2 in a row but still not over Ted Potter beating all the biggies last year. Second choice would be Phil and than Jordan. They will be lucky to get 4 rounds in here. Looking more like 3 rounds
  • Ronnie MundtRonnie Mundt Members Posts: 194 ✭✭
    Worst tourney of the year by a mile. Country mile, actually.

The PGA has found a way to make Pebble terrible. It’s a combination of bad amateur golf, corporate schmoozing and of course, Jim Nantz and his terrible announcing. It truly is the trifecta.

I’ll be watching whatever Euro Tour event is on and check the web Sunday night to see who took this one.
  • andrieddleandrieddle Members Posts: 1,804 ✭✭
    will Ho Sung make the cut?
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra Fly Z+ (11)
    Cobra Bio Cell 4W (16)
    TaylorMade R15 4H (21)
    FourteeN TC 606 (5-P/A)

Bridgestone J15 (50)
    Callaway MD2 (56/60)
    Odyssey EXO 7S
    [/font]
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,653 ✭✭

Worst tourney of the year by a mile. Country mile, actually.

Worse than the opposite field events?

I'll be watching whatever Euro Tour event is on and check the web Sunday night to see who took this one.

ET is in Australia for the ISPS Handa Vic Open and its a very weak/uninteresting field for the event.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 5,888 ✭✭
    flushem wrote:

Your pick?

Whoever wins it you can guarantee you wont see very much coverage of them or the course. The coverage is shameful
  • airjammerairjammer Members Posts: 1,037 ✭✭
    buckeyefl wrote:

flushem wrote:

Your pick?

Whoever wins it you can guarantee you wont see very much coverage of them or the course. The coverage is shameful

Yep, the one tournament I refuse to watch until Sunday afternoon if at all. I would really like to see the ratings compared to other tournaments to determine if people really tune in to watch it or if they keep the format to appease all of the corporate CEOs and keep the sponsorship money flowing
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,978 ✭✭
    I blame the Pebble Beach AT&T for the growth of Instagram golfers, so yeah, no thanks.
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • The GeneralThe General Members Posts: 1,737 ✭✭
    This tournament is unwatchable until Sunday.

Who wants to see a bunch of over privileged celebrity hackers tear up course? Oh yay, another silver spoon who plays all his rounds at Bel Air CC, great.

Btw, the pros hate it.
  • ExTrumpetExTrumpet Members Posts: 488 ✭✭

This tournament is unwatchable until Sunday.

Who wants to see a bunch of over privileged celebrity hackers tear up course? Oh yay, another silver spoon who plays all his rounds at Bel Air CC, great.

Btw, the pros hate it.

The only thing that makes this tourney bearable is Pebble. If this tourney were held any place else it would have failed years ago.
    Ping Anser 8.5, Ahina S
    Orlimar Trimetal+,  EI-70 Shaft S
    Ping G20 17* Hybrid, S
    Ping K15 3 Hybrid, TTLite S
    Ping S56 5-9, DG S300
    Ping Tour-S Rustique 47 (Bent to 46), 50, 54
    Ping Glide ES 60
    Odyssey 2-Ball
  • Golfguy9090Golfguy9090 Members Posts: 8 ✭✭
    ****... there is a lot of negativity on this thread.
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 5,028 ✭✭
    Looking forward to swerving this one this week.

I watched a lot of the WM and as I was trying to justify it, I did say to my wife that it was OK because I probably wouldn't see much this week coming as the chances of me wanting to watch it would be pretty slim. I can wait until June to get my Pebble fix and then I will have the added bonus of not watching a bunch of C list celebrities and has beens taking up air time when we could be watching proper golfers.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019

Appropriately so.
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 5,028 ✭✭
    Just thinking, the NFL season has finished up and that we are routinely told by the PGA Tour is something which kills their share of viewers on TV.

It's a shame that the first week there is no NFL on that they end up with minor or near forgotten celebs is how the Tour goes about showing their wares.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,975 ✭✭
    MattyO1984 wrote:

Just thinking, the NFL season has finished up and that we are routinely told by the PGA Tour is something which kills their share of viewers on TV.

It's a shame that the first week there is no NFL on that they end up with minor or near forgotten celebs is how the Tour goes about showing their wares.

Two awful weeks of golf. Can't watch the PRO-AM, or the Waste Product Management Phoenix nightmare.

I used up my tolerance for Bill Murray years ago.

lol ... half these goombas wouldn't pass on a chance if offered to play Pebble and joined by a sports icon.
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
    AT&T PB has historically been Hollywood entertainment version of PGA tournament. I do appreciate your naked & keen opinions which MSM does not pay attention to.

No matter what, I gotta pay attention to the tournament. I am pretty close to take over the leader position in my fantasy league. With such weather forecast, I might have to change the pick.

Who is the best player in rain?
    WWG1 WGA
    andrieddle wrote:

will Ho Sung make the cut?

with such load of attention, I think he might play badly though it rains a lot in Korea & Japan.
    WWG1 WGA
    who's best in the rain ? after watching this past Sunday in Phoenix, I'm hesitant to answer.
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • Ronnie MundtRonnie Mundt Members Posts: 194 ✭✭
    2putttom wrote:

lol ... half these goombas wouldn't pass on a chance if offered to play Pebble and joined by a sports icon.

Has anyone offered commentary to the contrary? The points being made are that people really don’t like this tournament because of the pro-am coverage and the amount of attention given to corporate interests, especially on the broadcast.

Watching the CEO of ABC Corp. putt for double bogey when I could be watching real pros flushing some shots does not make for good golf viewing. I would think the majority of golf fans (on this site there would be thousands and thousands) don’t really care if the CEO of ABC Corp. makes that putt for double bogey.
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,975 ✭✭
    2putttom wrote:

I am with the half that would most certainly pass.
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,635 ✭✭
    I went last year on Saturday. Weather at Pebble that day was amazing. Absolutely stunning conditions.

Pebble sucks as a spectator venue. As beautiful as it is it just isn't a good course to be a spectator.

I'll be watching from home this year but i have to agree that watching the AMs gets kind of tiring after a while.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
    flushem wrote:

Who is the best player in rain?

Same as the best player when it's not raining.
  • bb822bb822 Members Posts: 62 ✭✭
    This is a great tournament to have the NBC Sports Gold subscription. Just follows a handful of players without all of the other stuff going on.
    TaylorMade M2 9.5* HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    TaylorMade M2 3W Fujikura Pro 73X
    TaylorMade P-790 17* Fujikura ATMOS 95HB
    Cleveland 588 CB 4-PW TI DG X100
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52*
    Titleist Vokey SM5 56*
    Titleist Vokey SM6 60*
    Pro Platinum Newport Two
  • munichopmunichop Members Posts: 223 ✭✭
    I attended the 2010 US Open there mainly to see the course and had an ok time of it until Sunday but this event is really about recording it and ff thru all the schmaltzy drivel CBS passes off as coverage. The actual course is an early generation version of resort/housing golf that is now seen everywhere. The coastal holes are obviously breathtaking but many of the inland holes are no different than your average muni. If they get a dose of weather it becomes a genuine slog. If you think pros struggle when faced with goofy weather evidenced by yesterday's poor play wait until you've watched an am who hasn't played but once since the golf season shut down in his area. These Winter calendar events serve their purpose and have their own "traditions" but they aren't for the purists.

BTW one of the most under rated wins ever was Johnny Miller descending from the booth in '94( I think) at age 47 or so to win this event in crap weather. Making the cut under those circumstances is amazing enough but winning it was pretty special.