Still snowing

2»

Comments

• mfurermfurer Members Posts: 76 ✭✭
    At least got to hit some balls today in Pittsburgh!!! This winter has been brutal.
  • QuasimotoQuasimoto Members Posts: 866 ✭✭
    We got about 14" of snow on Friday in central Alberta. image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cry:' />
    Srixon 785 9.5 HC HZRDUS 6.0 / Cobra F9 9 HZRDUS Smoke
    Titleist TS3 13.5 75g S EvenFlo
    Taylormade GAPR Hi 3,4,5 70g KBS R
    Srixon z785 6-AW Nippon Tour 105 R
    Titleist SM7 54 & 58 Nippon Tour 105 S
    Odyssey Stroke Labs #7, Evenroll #5
    TM TP5, Titleist AVX
  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Members Posts: 5,105 ✭✭
    Shilgy wrote:

Hehateme wrote:

gonna be 74 tomorrow in North Florida- never understood why people live where you freeze 7 months a year

Never understood how someone could live in a place with no elevation that's also short on natural beauty.
    Then move to Arizona. Have both of those covered.

AZ... plenty of natural beauty in that fine state north to south.
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,619 ClubWRX
    It’s getting fun here today in Northern Colorado. 27 holes yesterday, sunny skies and almost 60*. Today........

We’re in a blizzard warning. Been raining hard for a couple hours (needed moisture), supposed to turn into heavy, wet snow at 10:00 am and the wind is supposed to blow up to 50 mph. And northeast of us, along the I80 corridor in Nebraska, it’s supposed to be much worse.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • andrueandrue Posts: 1,120 ✭✭
    edited Mar 15, 2019 4:02pm #36
    Too cold in winter, too hot in summer.

Dunno how some of you folks stand it. UK weather is golfing weather all year round apart from the occasional week now and again. Although last year was a bad one - my mate and I had to skip two weekends due to snow image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
    Callaway 60* Sureout wedge
    Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
    Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
    Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,931 ✭✭
    edited Mar 15, 2019 4:13pm #37
    Played today in NE Ohio in challenging conditions. Temps on paper looked ok in the low 40’s but the wind was gusting in the 30’s so it felt much colder. Still nice to play! We have a game in Zoar, Ohio tomorrow morning gonna be colder in the 30’s but the wind is down and the sun might even shine!
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • ClambakeClambake Posts: 620 ✭✭
    We in San Diego share your pain. We’ve had to endure some rain this winter and frigid daytime temperatures in the 50’s, and even in mid March it is only reaching low 70’s. But we’re a hearty people, so we just bundle up and endure.
    edited Mar 15, 2019 4:36pm #39
    Clambake wrote:

We in San Diego share your pain. We’ve had to endure some rain this winter and frigid daytime temperatures in the 50’s, and even in mid March it is only reaching low 70’s. But we’re a hearty people, so we just bundle up and endure.

I’d give you an “anti-like”if I could Clambake!��

I just talked to the guy who bought our business. He said he can’t clear the driveway of the snowdrifts so people can get in.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • ClambakeClambake Posts: 620 ✭✭

I just talked to the guy who bought our business. He said he can’t clear the driveway of the snowdrifts so people can get in.

LOL. I knew it was a cheeky post. But seriously, I do feel your pain. Having grown up in snow and cold country, i remember well the misery of a long winter. You truly have my sympathies and admiration for day-to-day living with it.
    Clambake wrote:

LOL. I knew it was a cheeky post. But seriously, I do feel your pain. Having grown up in snow and cold country, i remember well the misery of a long winter. You truly have my sympathies and admiration for day-to-day living with it.

It is nasty. Been a long winter. Fortunately where we moved we didn’t get hit nearly as hard. I’ll be playing here by Monday. But back home, they’re looking at a couple weeks at least.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • Rory McilwoodsRory Mcilwoods Members Posts: 182 ✭✭
    Stray'a mate.....never snows so golf all year round!!!
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,931 ✭✭
    edited Mar 16, 2019 2:27pm #43
    Supposed to play today but it snowed early and the winds 13-16mph get chilly when’s it’s mid/low thirty’s. Too close to spring for me to do this anymore! Bring on my 60’s!!!
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • GHIN n JuiceGHIN n Juice Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten Members Posts: 1,668 ✭✭
    Today is the annual regrip! I think we finally turned the corner here in Omaha. Snow is mostly gone, 2 courses open this weekend and 60s forecasted for next week.
    Callaway Rogue 9.0*
    Taylormade 2016 M2 16.5* fairway wood
    Mizuno JPX 900 3 and 4 hybrids
    Mizuno MP-55 irons 5-P
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #7
    Cleveland RTX 4 wedges 50*, 54* and 58*
  • Crazy_BikerdudeCrazy_Bikerdude Members Posts: 21 ✭✭
    No more snow in Milwaukee.   Just waiting for things to firm up.  At least I can chip outside with out a parka on now 
  • i*windowsi*windows Posts: 2,134 ✭✭
    I played golf this week! shot 87 (yuk), 47 out and 40 in. Was terrific to get out and play, hope the spring is coming for the rest of you!!
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Just hit the **** ball.[/font]
    TM R1
    Adams Tight lies 2 5w
    Cleveland Mashie 5h
    Nike Covert Forged 2, 6-PW
    Lynx Prowler VT 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 Tour Action 51*
    MD Golf Seve Sedona 58*
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini.
2»