ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Got to Compare a Few Balls

BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Advanced Members Posts: 1,050 ✭✭
So...Between rain storms (and in one for a couple holes) I got out and got to enjoy our course this past Superbowl weekend as the only person out there. Oh, there were three guys at one point playing "one-club challenge" on a parallel fairway. Sounded like they were not limiting themselves to just one drink...hehe. Anyway, didn't catch the game but got in some good, somewhat muddy, golf while playing three balls. MTB Black, Srixon Z Star XV, and the Z Star. Disclaimer: I'm a 14 (improving again finally, should be lower soon), 107-ish swing speed w driver, and have a new swing. Much more like Ricky now, flat plane, thin divots (this just since a few weeks ago). Anyway, point is I'm mediocre with a game in flux. It was windy, sometimes up around 25 knots, course was very soft, about 55 degrees. The one consistent was that the Z Star repeatedly was the ball that hit closest to the hole. And, I don't think it ever stopped further than a yard or two from the mark. It was both longest and straightest for me. Very nice feel, especially off the driver. Good ball...

I heard the game sucked...
Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
Srixon Z Star & Snell MTB Black
Alesian Space Dust IPA

Comments

• deepreddeepred Advanced Members Posts: 206
    Current version of the Z Star?
    Wilson Staff M3 4-GW
    Cleveland Classic XL Driver
    Wilson Fybrid 15*
    KE4 5 wood