ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Golf Channels New GolfPass

CardsChamps11CardsChamps11 Advanced Members Posts: 453
Looks like Golf Channel is releasing a new subscription called Golf Pass. It has a bunch of instructional content(400+ hours) and you get some free TM golf balls, discounts, among other things. The one thing that looks interesting to me is the free round of golf. Supposedly for $9.99/mo or $100 per year you get a free round of golf per month (over 6,000 golf courses to choose from). Somehow TPC Sawgrass, PGA National, and others are on the list. Call me skeptical but for $10/mo it would be silly not to join just to play these courses. There has so something I'm missing.

Comments

• PorscheFanPorscheFan Advanced Members Posts: 1,149 ✭✭
    Everything they release is equal parts confusing and underwhelming to me.

Every initiative they come up with seems to involve random discounts combined with the world's best instructors somehow reaching into my living room and fixing the slice that I don't have.

It's only $100 bucks, but that's a couple of online lessons with Monte or Dan, which would actually address my specific issues in a tailored manner.

I agree on the free round concept being the interesting thing here, but I'm pretty cautious at this point. Hopefully somebody joins and reports a good experience back here...
  • EvolvedEvolved Advanced Members Posts: 725 ✭✭
    Yet another streaming service, no thanks. These guys can't even come up with enough legit content to broadcast on their channel yet they want us to use their online service?
  • Showtime9Showtime9 MonsterHeel Advanced Members Posts: 147
    meh hard pass. There is enough free instructional content on YouTube and if you subscribe to Golf Channel already you are getting most of those shows on demand. One free round might be worth the 9.99 but it’s most likely on Thursday twilight rounds
  • FireballerFireballer Advanced Members Posts: 366 ✭✭
    Are there details on how you are supposed to use your free round? Are you assigned a course in your area and a tee time?
  • PepsiDuckPepsiDuck Advanced Members Posts: 1,838 ✭✭
    Fireballer wrote:

Are there details on how you are supposed to use your free round? Are you assigned a course in your area and a tee time?

Looks like the program has partnered with GolfNow. Your free rounds are useable for any hot deal time offered via GN.
    TaylorMade M2 (2017) 10.5* - Aldila Synergy Black 70TX
    TaylorMade M2 (2017) Tour 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 757 X
    Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
    Miura CB57 4-P - KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Miura Series 1957 Wedges - 51* (Y), 56* (K) - KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 60*
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCAdvanced Members Posts: 3,881 ✭✭
    PepsiDuck wrote:

Fireballer wrote:

Looks like the program has partnered with GolfNow. Your free rounds are useable for any hot deal time offered via GN.

FYI - to say that they have "partnered" with GolfNow is kind like saying peanut butter goes well with jelly.

Golf Channel is owned by the same corporate entity that owns Golf Now, and incidentally, Golf Advisor as well.

They can all go pound sand, IMHO
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG Advanced Members Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Pay me $100 and I’ll send you a link to a YouTube video that discusses any golf swing issue you want.
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • PorscheFanPorscheFan Advanced Members Posts: 1,149 ✭✭
    BrianMcG wrote:

Pay me $100 and I'll send you a link to a YouTube video that discusses any golf swing issue you want.

Love it!
    edited February 6
    augustgolf wrote:

FYI - to say that they have "partnered" with GolfNow is kind like saying peanut butter goes well with jelly.

Golf Channel is owned by the same corporate entity that owns Golf Now, and incidentally, Golf Advisor as well.

Ah ok, that makes sense. So would the free hot deal round alone make the $10 monthly fee worthwhile?

Edit: Yuck. Just read the terms and it applies only for hot deals Monday - Thursday after 12 PM...
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 60*
  • mark mmark m Advanced Members Posts: 2,481
    Rory McIlroy is a part of this. He has "partnered" with NBC on this thing. He has a logo on his bag and so on. He was on CNBC's "Squawk Box" the other day discussing the deal. Here is the link to the video:

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/02/05/pro-golfer-rory-mcilory-nbc-sports-team-up-to-create-golfpass.html

I guess Rory will be pounding some sand as well?
    Fit at Totally Driven:
    Titleist 910D3 8.5, Oban Devotion 05Flex 65g
    TM Aeroburner TP 3W, Oban Devotion 05Flex 75g
    TM R15 TP #3 (19*), Fujikura Speeder 869 X
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW, KBS C-Taper X
    Cleveland RTX-3 CB 50/10
    Cleveland RTX-3 56/11
    Vokey SM6 60/08
    Newport 2.5
  • CwingCwing Advanced Members Posts: 7,964 ✭✭
    So, for $100 you get up to 12 rounds of golf weather permitting for many.. If you are retired (I’m not) live in a warmer weather area and you able to play on Monday’s. That may be worth it.
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Caddytek V2
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • Swisstrader98Swisstrader98 Advanced Members Posts: 3,473 ✭✭
    I’m still trying to figure out Revolution Golf😮
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Advanced Members Posts: 3,699 ✭✭
    Throw in a Hammer driver and a counterfeit Scotty Circle-T putter...and I'm ALL IN !!! Shameless money grab ! C'mon, "Rors" you're better than this !!! image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

58672.jpg

Throw in a Hammer driver and a counterfeit Scotty Circle-T putter...and I'm ALL IN !!! Shameless money grab ! C'mon, "Rors" you're better than this !!! image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

[url="https://www.reddit.com/r/golf/comments/1hpnmk/my_local_golfsmith_is_going_out_of_business_and/"]58672.jpg[/url]

Perhaps Jack Hamm was busy, so they settled for Rory...?
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 60*
  • FireballerFireballer Advanced Members Posts: 366 ✭✭
    PepsiDuck wrote:

augustgolf wrote:

Ah ok, that makes sense. So would the free hot deal round alone make the $10 monthly fee worthwhile?

Edit: Yuck. Just read the terms and it applies only for hot deals Monday - Thursday after 12 PM...

Thanks. Hard pass for me
  • trexkwondotrexkwondo Members Posts: 3
    "One dozen TaylorMade golf balls" - pretty specific... Anyone know which ball?
  • sirparalotsirparalot Advanced Members Posts: 699 ✭✭
    edited February 7
    I enjoy GC for on air coverage but all of their online “services” are just poorly packaged money grabs. Golfnow use to be a solid resource for affordable tee times now it’s practically worthless other than allowing me to see the courses tee sheet and then calling up and getting better or equal rates with no fees. Hot deals are a joke. Golfpass is just an avenue to direct you to other services for another fee. Definitely a pass for me!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • puttnforthe8puttnforthe8 Advanced Members Posts: 2,749 ✭✭
    edited February 16
    Confused by the responses....for $99, you get 1 free hot deal time a month which can be rolled over. Where I am, in prime time, these times can be up to $70. Use it 2x and it's paid for itself?
  • JohnnyB HipsJohnnyB Hips Lefty Boomers Posts: 451
    I might give it a try for a month and see how it works.

Question: Have anyone used the free round? When do you receive it? Is it a coupon or is it automatically applied when you book a hot deal tee time?
  • diddlediddle Advanced Members Posts: 148 ✭✭
    Back in December I got an email from golfnow with an offer to join their vip for a year for $49. Plus a $200 coupon to use on hot deals. I play about once a week and the few courses I play do offer hot deal times. So I joined. I would not join at the regular price of $200 a year. Shortly after that I got another email saying I was automatically enrolled in golfpass at no charge.

I'll probably never use the lessons or the vacation deals but I already received a $25 off coupon from golfpass. It's similar to regular hot deals, you get a code in your email and just put it in the promo box when you book.

All in all at $50 it's a good deal for me!