Cleveland Almost Belly Armlock?

vette66vette66 Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
The Cleveland Almost Belly putter from a few years ago seems like it might be a good candidate to convert to an armlock. It comes with a 400 gram head, 21 inch Winn grip, and I can get one that is 41 inches which should be close on length. It has a plumbers neck with 3 degrees loft, so I would have to bend it to about 7 degrees.

Has anyone tried this experiment and what are your thoughts/results. Was it difficult to bend the plumbers neck to 7 degrees?

Thanks for any feedback!

Comments

• g-offg-off Members Posts: 336 ✭✭
    I picked one up last week and am going to start the trial and error this weekend, not sure if you have to go all the way to 7 degrees I would think it would bar person by person, same as length and lie, sik goes 76 lie angle betti is 71 I believe. I think it will be mostly trial and error to get it right
    epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

edel sls 01 5,7,9,gap

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

always hoing the next best thing
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 330 ✭✭
    I've been considering doing the exact same thing with the exact same putter, so I'm following this thread with great interest.

I think the biggest problem will be bending the putter loft. From what I understand, the Cleveland putters were cast out of 17-4 stainless steel, so they're pretty hard to bend and may in fact break if there were any imperfections in the casting. I think the biggest problem may be convincing a pro shop to even do it.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Cobra King F6 Baffler, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
    there are also the arm lock putter grips that are supposed to add loft and lie, gonna see if I can get 3 degrees out of mine either tomorrow or sunday will post results
    epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

edel sls 01 5,7,9,gap

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

got the loft to 6 degrees, waiting on new grip, this thing was hard to bend and tried my best not to break it. will post more after new grip goes on kept the lie angle at 72 for now
    epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

edel sls 01 5,7,9,gap

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

• vette66vette66 Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
    I tried to bend mine today too. Couldn't get it to budge. I was afraid of putting too much force on it. I'm going to try to get some professional help.
  • vette66vette66 Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited Feb 10, 2019 9:28pm #7
    got the new grip on will be going out tomorrow for the maiden voyage will post results later
    epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

edel sls 01 5,7,9,gap

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

played 14 holes yesterday, first impression, not bad will take some getting used to lag puts were impressive may play with length and lie a bit more
    epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

edel sls 01 5,7,9,gap

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

• spoonek9spoonek9 Members Posts: 467
    Any updates?

I brought this putter and cut it down to 39" and threw on an Armlock grip. Its supposed to add 2* of loft to the putter. I rolled it yesterday on artificial green for about an hour. Mixed results. Think I need to get a little more loft on it and try again.

https://www.amazon.com/Arm-Lock-Converter-Flap-Putter/dp/B07MTPTSWL/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1550854752&sr=8-5&keywords=armlock+putter+grip
    my biggest issue is ball position seems like i want way more forward press on this than i ever did on my normal putters, rolled a betti at the pgass last week and it seemed ok, i think lie is a huge player in this too
    epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

edel sls 01 5,7,9,gap

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

• spoonek9spoonek9 Members Posts: 467
    Agree on the ball position and the armlock grip helped but It's still a little awkward. Hoping an increase in loft help more. It's going in the bag next time out, whenever that may be.
  • KABoireKABoire Members Posts: 2

Just had this putter turned into an armlock. The hosel got a little bent but he got it too 7* excited to try this baby out