Frogger Amphibian Towel at DSG

jhuprichjhuprich Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
Nothing Earth shattering but DSG has the Frogger Amphibian Towels on sale for $17.99. Significantly cheaper than anywhere else especially if you have a local store where they are in stock. You can order online and choose store pick-up to avoid shipping costs. Sign up with your email on the bottom of the homepage and get an extra 10% off plus 1.5% ebates. Never tried one before but always heard good things. Thought I’d get one to go with my new UA Armada bag image/derisive.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':derisive:' />. Frogger BrushPro is also on sale for $9.99 at DSG. Just thought I’d share with everyone.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/frogger-amphibian-golf-towel-amphibiantowel/amphibiantowel

Comments

• wundejwundej ClubWRX Posts: 3,759 ClubWRX
    Imo, not worth it. I was thoroughly unimpressed by its ability (or lack there of) to keep the inside wet. I doused it so it was completely soaked and it is barely damp by the end of a round.

I gave up and went back to soaking a regular old towel and works like a charm.
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members Posts: 752 ✭✭
    I gave up on those a while ago. Florida humidity didnt treat it very well
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,734 ✭✭
    edited Feb 10, 2019 5:36am #4
    I lost mine and I think OP might be talking about a LARGE towel. Not the little wet ball cleaner one.
  • jhuprichjhuprich Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Yeah I’m talking about the big towel not the ball cleaner. Picked it up a couple days ago. Going to give it a shot. Figured not a huge investment compared to any other towel so worth trying. Really good reviews on Amazon.
  • Snowman9000Snowman9000 Members Posts: 1,104 ✭✭
    wundej wrote:

Imo, not worth it. I was thoroughly unimpressed by its ability (or lack there of) to keep the inside wet. I doused it so it was completely soaked and it is barely damp by the end of a round.

I gave up and went back to soaking a regular old towel and works like a charm.

My experience exactly.
    Driver 915 D2
    5W Wilson Fybrid
    4h, 5h Adams Idea Tech 2015
    5-AW Snake Eyes Viper MS, graphite
    58º Callaway MD2 Forged S grind
    Putter TM Rossa Daytona 6
  • CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,Members Posts: 8,076 ✭✭
    I only use it when it’s raining to try and help keep my grips dry when you are carrying more than one club. I think it works well for that. The outside gets wet but the inside stays pretty dry.
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U (coming soon = G410)
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members Posts: 6,302 ✭✭
    It's not a bad towel, with two exceptions....

When soaked, it gets heavy when carrying. Also, mine tore where the connector hole/rivet is (probably due to the wet weight.)

X________________________________
    Sign Here

• jhuprichjhuprich Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
    My first impression was that it is a pretty heavy duty and heavy towel. I was also worried about the stitching on the loop and honestly I’m not sure it will hold up not. I also walk most of the time so the point about the water weight seems on point. Will probably just wet the inside corner when needed. I was also interested in having a towel with a dry interior for grips when raining. I guess we will have to wait and see the final verdict. Any other thoughts are definitely welcome
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭
    I have one, don't use it as it is too bulky. Love the microfiber waffle towels, got the cheapest one from ebay, it came with a little washcloth towel for use on damp, sandy greens.
  • Back9Back9 ClubWRX Posts: 696 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 10, 2019 9:34am #11
    I like them. They are heavy when the inside is soaked and they do tear at the loop, requiring resewing but I like having the dirt and sand confined to the inside of the towel with the outside staying clean and dry. Looks better than a dirty wet towel to me and stays wet through the entire round. The impermeable lining between the inner and outer layers eventually tears after a few seasons and water leaks between the layers, necessitaing replacement. I am on my third over the last decade or so.
  • CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,Members Posts: 8,076 ✭✭
    jhuprich wrote:

My first impression was that it is a pretty heavy duty and heavy towel. I was also worried about the stitching on the loop and honestly I’m not sure it will hold up not. I also walk most of the time so the point about the water weight seems on point. Will probably just wet the inside corner when needed. I was also interested in having a towel with a dry interior for grips when raining. I guess we will have to wait and see the final verdict. Any other thoughts are definitely welcome

Mine is old. It’s held up well but again, I only use it when it’s raining. I use the waffle type most of the time.
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U (coming soon = G410)
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • juggernaut0629juggernaut0629 Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭
    I have had 1 of the big froggers clipped to my bag for 2 seasons now. Idk why, I don't use it at all. A normal towel works just fine
    Ping G LST 9*
    Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
    X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
    Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
    Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*
  • stealthrt91stealthrt91 Members Posts: 1,695 ✭✭
    All the towels made about a year after the original was released are garbage. My original lasted 3-4 years and then I went through about 2-3 replacements after losing my first one. The newest ones don't hold water well, leak when you soak the inside, shrink when you put through the wash, tear at the loop... I can go on and on. Very dissatisfied since they cheaped out.
    M4 D-Type 10.5* - NV 2KXV 65 Green
    M6 Rocket 14* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    M6 19* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    P790 (4-GW) - DG105
    Milled Grind Bronze 55.12 - DG105
    Milled Grind Hi-Toe 60.ATV - DG105
    Scotty Cameron 2014 Fastback
  • brkuckbrkuck Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭
    Used to sell a ton of them when they first came out. Too bad they seemed to let quality slide after that. $17 isn't too bad for one though.